Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]

As I said Crafty - bad news for those who want Delia to sell up and clear off.

I suppose we will see a return to family football now that Delia has her puppet on the board. Maybe the recent complaints will be listened to and we will see a reversal of the price increases in the bars. No more booking charges when we buy tickets. We will be be able to return tickets and travel again on a whim just like we used to. Maybe even reserve matches will return under floodlights at FCR. And all this because we are now gonna get a few pink quids[:O]

by spending the pink pound

[/quote]You''re not allowed to mention pink pounds.  I said it earlier and the homophobic mod removed it.

You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?

[quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.

I have always been a fan of Stephen Fry and he should definitely raise the profile of the club which has got to be a good thing as we need all the help we can get on that front. Is it a political move by Delia? Well she did appoint Bowkett and McNally and seems to be in synch with their decisions so I don''t  know how much she is looking for an ally in that regard. I''m sure that Mr Fry has long been extolling the virtues of NCFC but now in an official role I''m sure it can only attract interest in all quarters (mostly of a positive nature I''m sure.). 

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?
[/quote]

Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.
[/quote]

I understand Morty does the tapping around here...

or maybe not the pink pound[:O]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]

I understand Morty does the tapping around here...

or maybe not the pink pound[:O]

[/quote]I can confirm that my swing doesn''t swing that way.[:)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously. 

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously.  [/quote]But why should his sexuality have been an influence on the decision at all? I don''t get it. [8-)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously.  [/quote]But why should his sexuality have been an influence on the decision at all? I don''t get it. [8-)][/quote]Because he''s brought in to basically to get cash in.  Stephen Fry is a gay icon whether anybody likes it or not.  IF some of his networking attracts pink money that''s good isn''t?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously.  [/quote]But why should his sexuality have been an influence on the decision at all? I don''t get it. [8-)][/quote]Because he''s brought in to basically to get cash in.  Stephen Fry is a gay icon whether anybody likes it or not.  IF some of his networking attracts pink money that''s good isn''t?[/quote]Sure it''s good but I thought you were suggesting that part of the reason he was offered the position was because the club are attempting to get a foot in the gay market. He might be gay but I don''t see any reason to suggest that tapping into the gay market that is what the club have in mind. [*-)]

Stephen Fry joining City has sent TWTD into meltdown.

There are more posts on there about it than there are on here.

Obviously they are not complimentary, but it shows they care.

They are more interested in us because we are the bigger club and they are Sunderland reservesThey also can`t talk about Marcus Evans because he doesn`t exist.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously.  [/quote]But why should his sexuality have been an influence on the decision at all? I don''t get it. [8-)][/quote]Because he''s brought in to basically to get cash in.  Stephen Fry is a gay icon whether anybody likes it or not.  IF some of his networking attracts pink money that''s good isn''t?[/quote]Sure it''s good but I thought you were suggesting that part of the reason he was offered the position was because the club are attempting to get a foot in the gay market. He might be gay but I don''t see any reason to suggest that tapping into the gay market that is what the club have in mind. [*-)][/quote]It might have crossed their minds.  Put it this way.  Some journo somewhere will link Stephen Fry and anti-homophobia in football that''s for sure.  Call me daft, but it will happen.  Therefore City will be seen as the best, accepting family club there is.

I''m glad no-one''s bothered by Mr Fry''s outspoken atheism.Stephen Fry is a man I admire for many reasons and I''m delighted he is in an involved, high profile position with the club.  However I''m more concerned about the reputation of Norwich City dragging down Stephen''s.  Wouldn''t like to think Ipswich fans are boycotting QI...

I likeStephen a lot, a reall City fan and all round good old Norfolk bor, but, I see this appointment as nothing more than flim flam and an ally for Delia in the boardroom vote.

It won''t bring in one top player for the club imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I likeStephen a lot, a reall City fan and all round good old Norfolk bor, but, I see this appointment as nothing more than flim flam and an ally for Delia in the boardroom vote.

It won''t bring in one top player for the club imo.

[/quote]Surely we''ve a greater chance of getting finance in to buy players with him rather than without?

Stephen Fry is superb, loved him on Blackadder to Q.I. and pleased for him.

Although I normally cringe when clubs appoint a celebrity onto the board {Robbie Williams and Port Vale, yet the tosser had a Chelsea season ticket at the time}.

Will boost the profile of the club in one way or another. Couldnt give a sh;te that hes gay, hes quick witted and entertaining and a genuine Norwich fan.

Good for him.

[quote user="Fozzie"]I''m glad no-one''s bothered by Mr Fry''s outspoken atheism.Stephen Fry is a man I admire for many reasons and I''m delighted he is in an involved, high profile position with the club.  However I''m more concerned about the reputation of Norwich City dragging down Stephen''s.  Wouldn''t like to think Ipswich fans are boycotting QI...[/quote]Do you really think that you average scummer has a.) the intelligence and b.) the attention spam to watch QI

[quote user="morty"]You do know he''s "one of those" don''t you Wiz?
[/quote]

Was it First Wizard who said something about gays should be made illegal?

I dont think this is a publicity stunt, although obviously its getting publicity LOL, but not in the cynical way Mr Wizard thinks.

Some say he doesn''t understand clouds and that his ear wax tastes like Turkish delight. All we know is, he''s called....Oh sh*t, no that''s The Stig isn''t it?