Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Bristol City offer £200k for Jon Stead.....

at 27, he still must be worth a punt at that price? And if anyone could get him playing well again, it is Lambert.

Any thoughts......if you were Lambert would you take the risk?

Truth be told, I''d personally be willing to pay double that for a striker of his calibre, if that''s the sort of fee required to sign him...

With all this praise for Stead, I had to go onto FM just to check I was thinking of the same player as the rest of you... the same Jon Stead who had a good season for then 3rd Division Huddersfield some 6 years ago, got a move to Blackburn out of it and has since struggled to break into double figures since at any club.Turns out I was thinking of the right player.The question is, are those of you saying he''d be a decent signing thinking of the same player?£200k is too much, imo...

Owen Garvan looks like hes off to Palace for around £150,000 too , thats another one i would have taken ahead of Fox and Crofts .

[quote user="Wxyz"]Owen Garvan looks like hes off to Palace for around £150,000 too , thats another one i would have taken ahead of Fox and Crofts .
[/quote]

As I said before, Ipswich simply wouldn''t sell any of there players to us.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]With all this praise for Stead, I had to go onto FM just to check I was thinking of the same player as the rest of you... the same Jon Stead who had a good season for then 3rd Division Huddersfield some 6 years ago, got a move to Blackburn out of it and has since struggled to break into double figures since at any club.

Turns out I was thinking of the right player.

The question is, are those of you saying he''d be a decent signing thinking of the same player?

£200k is too much, imo...
[/quote]

Exactly what i was thinking, he may be 6,2 but hes not a good target man and doesn''t have that ''presence''.  Hes had plenty of chances at this level and still cant cut the mustard... next

[quote user="Wxyz"]Owen Garvan looks like hes off to Palace for around £150,000 too , thats another one i would have taken ahead of Fox and Crofts .
[/quote]

Just as well you''re not the Manager then.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]With all this praise for Stead, I had to go onto FM just to check I was thinking of the same player as the rest of you... the same Jon Stead who had a good season for then 3rd Division Huddersfield some 6 years ago, got a move to Blackburn out of it and has since struggled to break into double figures since at any club.

Turns out I was thinking of the right player.

The question is, are those of you saying he''d be a decent signing thinking of the same player?

£200k is too much, imo...
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.

A good player on the cheap that would keep Holt on his toes. Worth a punt, doesn''t bother me that he plays for Ipswich and probably wouldn''t bother them either as Keane needs the money to convince some players to actually sign for him!

[quote user="singing canary"]200k is not a huge gamble for a proven 27 year old striker . i would pay 200k for him ,hes a decent player[/quote]

Proven???????????????