Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Danger Beware

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

How an earth is it bullying?

He is spamming the forum and winding people up on purpose with his garbage..People are bound to get annoyed and have a go and If you call that bullying then man up.

[/quote]I disagree on all of this.Nana does not wind people up. He doesn''t come on here posting things like "Grant Holt is crap" or "I love Ipswich."  He''s not "wrathsajoke" or anything like that.  He is a little bit silly, a little bit anodyne and fairly boring, but easy enough to ignore if you don''t like him.Equally "spamming" is a malicious practice, and isn''t the same as Nana''s MO of posting a lot without actually having anything to say.A little less sugar in his diet and I''m sure we''d all get along like one great big extended family, which is what Norfolk is anyway.

If anyone calls me a bully - I''ll give ''em a slap!

I don''t really mind our ''persistent potassium poster'' but his carpet bombin'' of nearly every subject and topic....does ire me ever so slightly.

He''s just a young lad with really a lot to say.....But, what he does say, unfortunately, just isn''t really a lot....[:D]

I certainly don''t wish to see him banned....just locked under the stair cupboard for 8 hours a day.

And to make sure his post-count doesn''t exceed mine.

And I do wish him a good holiday, as the break will do him (and maybe the rest of us) some good. [H]

And therein lies the crux of the matter Mello - the post count and those silly coloured dots at the side

If there was no way of telling how many posts people had put on these boards, Nana would get bored very quickly and his detractors would lose track of how many times he''d posted

As for the bullying issue there are some on here that do persue young Nana to extremes and to a certain extent tha( makes them worse than him. The majority its more of an occasional moan

I too have met our nana in the flesh and I can assure you he is a great young fella, I''ve never understood why he posts like he does because it doesn''t match the younge lad I met?

And for any spare single young ladies on here, he''s a good looking boy who needs distracting.[;)][;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

There has been no intention to Bully as you and Wiz state.

Several attempts have been made, many tongue in cheek to try and persuade him to ease back.

All attempts have failed as he seems totally ignorant to gentle hints.

This thread started as a joke and a hope he might, this time, take the hint.

He has even then managed at least 5 posts on this thread.

Everyone should have the freedom to post what and when they like (within bounds of the rules governing this  site) BUT spamming is not allowed and multiple posts of one word IS spamming and annoying when it stops the flow of a thread.

So go and have your shower with Wiz and may you both enjoy it[:D]

[/quote]

Maybe ''bullying'' is not quite the word I was looking for but starting a thread moaning about a fellow poster and then sitting back and waiting for your mates to come along and put the boot in (no matter how gentle that boot is) is a little pathetic. Nana''s posts can be a little annoying at times but if a few more posters simply ignored the one word posts and only interacted with him when he had something interesting to post then he would have got bored by now. Instead we have posts such as this which any true ''spammer'' would revel in and constant replies to him mentioning the frequency of his posting.

I''ve highlighted the part of your post above as I feel it shows up the true hypocrisy of this entire thread. Firstly I''m pretty sure that this thread has had at least one reply from another poster who also spends a lot of time posting one word replies and/or smilies*. Yet I''ve not seen you complain about his conduct. Is this because he''s older and a little more popular? Secondly, you post a thread every Friday in the incorrect part of the forum which is clearly against the rules of the site. Thirdly, there are many more posters (myself included [:D]) who regularly break (or at least stretch [;)]) the rules of this site much more seriously than Nana.

And for the couple of posters who said I should ''man up''. Maybe it''s not such a great idea to question the masculinity of another poster when you''re running to the mods because a sixteen (?) year old boy is giving you the run around [:P].

* For what it''s worth I haven''t got a problem with him either as (much like the rest of us) he occasionally makes interesting posts to balance out the sh*t ones. I''m just using him as an example [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="The Butler"]

There has been no intention to Bully as you and Wiz state.

Several attempts have been made, many tongue in cheek to try and persuade him to ease back.

All attempts have failed as he seems totally ignorant to gentle hints.

This thread started as a joke and a hope he might, this time, take the hint.

He has even then managed at least 5 posts on this thread.

Everyone should have the freedom to post what and when they like (within bounds of the rules governing this  site) BUT spamming is not allowed and multiple posts of one word IS spamming and annoying when it stops the flow of a thread.

So go and have your shower with Wiz and may you both enjoy it[:D]

[/quote]

Maybe ''bullying'' is not quite the word I was looking for but starting a thread moaning about a fellow poster and then sitting back and waiting for your mates to come along and put the boot in (no matter how gentle that boot is) is a little pathetic. Nana''s posts can be a little annoying at times but if a few more posters simply ignored the one word posts and only interacted with him when he had something interesting to post then he would have got bored by now. Instead we have posts such as this which any true ''spammer'' would revel in and constant replies to him mentioning the frequency of his posting.

I''ve highlighted the part of your post above as I feel it shows up the true hypocrisy of this entire thread. Firstly I''m pretty sure that this thread has had at least one reply from another poster who also spends a lot of time posting one word replies and/or smilies*. Yet I''ve not seen you complain about his conduct. Is this because he''s older and a little more popular? Secondly, you post a thread every Friday in the incorrect part of the forum which is clearly against the rules of the site. Thirdly, there are many more posters (myself included [:D]) who regularly break (or at least stretch [;)]) the rules of this site much more seriously than Nana.

And for the couple of posters who said I should ''man up''. Maybe it''s not such a great idea to question the masculinity of another poster when you''re running to the mods because a sixteen (?) year old boy is giving you the run around [:P].

* For what it''s worth I haven''t got a problem with him either as (much like the rest of us) he occasionally makes interesting posts to balance out the sh*t ones. I''m just using him as an example [:D]

[/quote]

"Maybe homosexuals should be made illegal again" First Wizard, 30th January 2010 12.31PM

You got a problem with Wiz then?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The black hole of hypocrisy engulfs us all... except Arthur... a fact which is subsequently engulfed by the black hole of irony.
[/quote]

Yes, yes, but can you watch the Watford game there?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The black hole of hypocrisy engulfs us all... except Arthur... a fact which is subsequently engulfed by the black hole of irony.[/quote]

Yes, yes, but can you watch the Watford game there?

[/quote][:D]Perhaps ironically."Oh, look at Chris Martin running!"

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

Problem is Nana''s posts on their own are ok its when he starts getting arrogant and rude where he pushes his luck a little.[/quote]when do I get arrogant and rude? Im not nasty on here, just a pain at times. P.s. Had a good time today [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

Problem is Nana''s posts on their own are ok its when he starts getting arrogant and rude where he pushes his luck a little.[/quote]when do I get arrogant and rude? Im not nasty on here, just a pain at times. P.s. Had a good time today [y][/quote]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "] Problem is Nana''s posts on their own are ok its when he starts getting arrogant and rude where he pushes his luck a little.[/quote]when do I get arrogant and rude? Im not nasty on here, just a pain at times. P.s. Had a good time today [y][/quote]

Nanna the last thing I would accuse you of is arrogance or rudeness, LOTS of other things but not them.

Just ease your silly posts back the daft "I am getting my post count up" ones a bit thats all and EVERYONE  can be happy.

Apart fromWIZ who is a professional pain in the **** but we all know and love him for that.

Do that and at the next PUPS meet I will buy you a coke![:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Maybe homosexuals should be made illegal again" First Wizard, 30th January 2010 12.31PM

You got a problem with Wiz then?

[/quote]

Nope. I''m rather fond of Wiz.

Hmmm do you really want to be giving him coke? He seems like the last person who needs sugar and caffiene? :D

How about a nice healthy orange juice instead?

Davo

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Butler, I think we have deal! :)[/quote]You''ve agreed a deal far too early there Nana. Should have insisted on a few more concessions.That''s the last time I stick up for you [:P]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Going without what? A coke?

I''d have held out for at least a couple of alcoholic drinks or a hand job.
[/quote]

No hypocrisy in suggesting that a 16 year old should use the internet to obtain illegal alcohol or sexual gratification from an older man, then?[;)][:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

No hypocrisy in suggesting that a 16 year old should use the internet to obtain illegal alcohol or sexual gratification from an older man, then?[;)][:P]

[/quote]

[:D]

^ That was a very Nana-esque post!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Going without what? A coke?I''d have held out for at least a couple of alcoholic drinks or a hand job.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hey! Your signature has advertising in it!  [8o|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey! Your signature has advertising in it!  [8o|]
[/quote]

Hey! Your signature has a ridiculously stupid quote in it! [8o|]

Oh, and whilst we''re arguing..

YOUR MUMMA SAYS HEYYY! [^o)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely not. Unless I''ve previously posted about how disgusting it is for a sixteen year old to obtain alcohol by such means and/or get tossed off by an old man and forgotten about it [:O][;)]. I didn''t even suggest that The Butler had to do all of the leg work (or wrist work if you prefer [:D]) himself. He was merely the broker in such a deal and could have passed the job in hand to a younger PUP if he so wished.

At least you''re all friends again now..........until Friday night/Saturday morning when young Nana gets a little carried away with his analysis of the Watford game [;)]