Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Our first goal today?..

I''ve looked over the 1st and second page and can''t see any topics about this...Did anyone see it cross the line? I was high in the middle of the Jarrold and it didn''t look like it crossed the line. But I wasn''t really paying attention as to whether it did or not..Anyone closer actually see?

i was in the upper tier of the community stand, bit of a different view from my norman seat! But i thought it definately crossed the line. I was celebrating before the ref gave it [:)]

Gills boss says that one of their subs said it was over. From the Basrclay would have been difficult to give it! But for once sounds like the lino gave us a correct decision.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]judging by the reaction of the players i think it must have done. As far as I can remember no Gillingham players really complained[/quote]

i mentioned this on another post [Y]

Yep, lino definately gave it. I was nearly in line with it, just a bit out and I thought it was over the line, or at least partially over the line. And a great goal it must be said. [Y]

[quote user="Brendo "]Yep, lino definately gave it. I was nearly in line with it, just a bit out and I thought it was over the line, or at least partially over the line. And a great goal it must be said. [Y]
[/quote]

Hedging your bets a bit then? It was a goal or at least not a goal, one or the other. You''d make a good ref in this league[;)]

They are still waiting to get the linesman''s view on it.

He''s Russian apparently.

I''ve looked over the 1st and second page and can''t see any topics about this...Did anyone see it cross the line? I was high in the middle of the Jarrold and it didn''t look like it crossed the line. But I wasn''t really paying attention as to whether it did or not..Anyone closer actually see? - AC

You question my comments on Doherty by askng how many games I see and then come on here and admit you don''t see a goal being scored!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well done, AC.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I''ve looked over the 1st and second page and can''t see any topics about this...Did anyone see it cross the line? I was high in the middle of the Jarrold and it didn''t look like it crossed the line. But I wasn''t really paying attention as to whether it did or not..Anyone closer actually see? - AC

You question my comments on Doherty by askng how many games I see and then come on here and admit you don''t see a goal being scored!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well done, AC.[/quote]LMAO! You really are an idiot!You make striking judgements based on nothing having never seen Doherty play (probably ever). How can you compare that to a difficult angle and not seeing whether a ball crossed the line?

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]judging by the reaction of the players i think it must have done. As far as I can remember no Gillingham players really complained[/quote]apart from the Goal kepper, and one or two defenders who went and shouted at the lines man :P

the angle they had on the FLS last night clearly showed that the lino got it right and it had crossed the line. Houston you really are an idiot, as andy has said there is no way you can compare the two, please get a life

Andy is an idiot, crow, not me. I don''t attack someone for not being at games and then come on here to publicly announce I was at the game and didn''t see it. Do you not see the irony, the hypocrisy, the stupidity in that?

Both you and Andy continue to ignore my valid question by resorting to name calling.

Where are all the other teams who think your favorite player is worth signing for free on the various occasions that has been an option for them? Don''t boteher answering, I already know your clever response. It will be about how stupid I am and how I never see games, 2 comments which are as pointless and wrong as the 2 of you.

Houston who is this Crow you keep referring to?as for the Doc he is not my favourite player but a worthwhile part of the first team who has been outstanding this season adding another year to his consistent career so far with us. as Andy has pointed out when his contract was out last time there were lots of, and very strong, rumours of both Plymouth who i believe he actually met and discussed terms with and also Watford but once again you have failed to notice this.if you had ever been to carrow road, or a proper football, not soccer, match then you would know that depending on where you sit and which end the goal is scored at you cant always see whether it is a goal or not especially ones like Russell''s yesterday. anyone with one ounce of football knowledge would know this mate

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Andy is an idiot, crow, not me. I don''t attack someone for not being at games and then come on here to publicly announce I was at the game and didn''t see it. Do you not see the irony, the hypocrisy, the stupidity in that?

Both you and Andy continue to ignore my valid question by resorting to name calling.

Where are all the other teams who think your favorite player is worth signing for free on the various occasions that has been an option for them? Don''t boteher answering, I already know your clever response. It will be about how stupid I am and how I never see games, 2 comments which are as pointless and wrong as the 2 of you.[/quote]LOLSorry it appears that we''ve overestimated your inteligence. And even though we''ve taken into account that you''ve never been to a game we''ve failed to outline that you may not have even been to any game of sport ever?You see Yank, when you''re sat at the back row of the Jarrold stand (that''s one of the stands at Carrow Road) you are quite far away from the pitch, and even further away from the goal line. Not to mention you are at the wrong angle to judge anyway it is hard to see whether the ball crosses the line if it is a close decision... But don''t take my word for it the ref had to resort to the linesman so I guess he wasn''t watching the game either?The answer to your second question is simple. But again I don''t expect you to understand because you clearly have little knowledge about football.. I''ll try and explain anyway:Gary Doherty has been with the club a long time. Within that time he has signed new contracts. When a club offers a player a new contract before his current one is near expiring it is because they want to keep him. But the player won''t just sign a new contract without an incentive. So our dear friend Mr Doherty who was brought in on PREMIERSHIP Wages as a PREMIERSHIP signing gets a pay rise. Now I''m not saying he''ll be on now what he was when we were in the Premiership but he''ll be on a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot better wage than what a team would offer him on a free just after we''ve been relegated to League 1. Therefore Gary decides to stay and dun dun durrrr he wins a new contract.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]the angle they had on the FLS last night clearly showed that the lino got it right and it had crossed the line. Houston you really are an idiot, as andy has said there is no way you can compare the two, please get a life[/quote]Yep, was tight but definitely a goal. Brave decision by the lino though, would have been tough to be sure looking at in real-time. Given all the stick we have given referees and linesman recently its surprising no credit has gone to the linesman for a very good decision.

As everyone has seen it was definitely a goal but not by much. The linesman did really well to spot it. Credit to the officials I thought they were pretty good yesterday. Its only fair to give them praise as we slate them when they have a bad game.

crow ased who crow is. How excited were the Watford and Plymouth fans at the prospect of landing Doherty? Do you recall that? I do.

Andy, you miss my sarcastic point and instead try to excuse your OP by explaining how you can''t judge well from where you sit. If that be the case, how can you be so sure how awesome Doherty is? On TV, you get an overall better view of the game PLUS expert commentary. Your opinions seem to be based on obscure viewpoints.

At least you admit he re-signed with us because nobody else would be willing to spend that kind of money on him, but I thought he signed with us beacause he likes Norwich, not out of personal greed!?!?!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]crow ased who crow is. How excited were the Watford and Plymouth fans at the prospect of landing Doherty? Do you recall that? I do. Andy, you miss my sarcastic point and instead try to excuse your OP by explaining how you can''t judge well from where you sit. If that be the case, how can you be so sure how awesome Doherty is? On TV, you get an overall better view of the game PLUS expert commentary. Your opinions seem to be based on obscure viewpoints. At least you admit he re-signed with us because nobody else would be willing to spend that kind of money on him, but I thought he signed with us beacause he likes Norwich, not out of personal greed!?!?![/quote]

Utter bollox. You get an overall better view from vantage points in the stadium, higher seats close to the centre, probably best for all round vision but all seats have their benefits. You get to see where players are positioning themselves, what movements they are making, where they are looking to play the ball, and where it seems better to play the ball but it is difficult to judge certain incidents. On TV to you get to scrutinise the detail, the pictures shown obviously follow the ball for the vast majority of the game and do so from many angles. The expert commentary which you have so much faith in is often ridiculed by true spectators because it is quite obvious they make comments based on very little in depth knowledge of the team and players they are reporting on, this is particularly so the lower standard of league they cover, for very clear reasons. I am also assuming that you have not played this beautiful game of ours like many of us have, it does usually make quite a difference to your perceptions and understandings, as does watching live football rergularly.

My favourite bit is where he says ''you get a better view on tv'' but hasn''t been to a game to compare it to.. [:s].I was in a great vantage point for yesterdays game. On the soft seats outside Aviva''s corporate box which is pretty much on the half way line.I still can''t believe you dare to challenge my opinion on Doherty by coming forward with your views based on no actual proof of your own.

On TV, you get an overall better view of the game PLUS expert commentary

Not wanting to make too many enemies in one weekend. But surely this is the most ridiculously wrong statement ever made on these boards.

Even if you only follow the ball when you watch football you still see more than you do on TV. And the average commentator knows about as much as my Nan. And she''s been brown bread for nigh on thirty years. Of course there are expert summarisers who talk about a few incidents during the game or analyse things later.

so you recall how excited their fans were, or not, yet according to you there have been no rumours of other clubs interested in him!!!!!!!!!as for watching on TV The Gut summed up what every ex football player and people who actually go to games know.......that nothing beats actually being at the game and seeing everything that happens on a pitch and not just what the camera shows you and you must have some seriously good ''experts'' over there because here 99% of them talk utter crap, then again........

If he can''t see goals being scored because he is at the back of the far goal maybe with blocked view or not paying attention, then on TV, you get an overall better view of the game plus expert commentary. You also get replays. The commentary may not be full of information about the individual players'' histories, but that is not important. He is full of information about the game itself and how it should be played and is being played. Much of the game on TV has wide angle views so yes you can see how the players off the ball are positioning themselves. Obviously if you are midfield and high enough up, you get the best view of all, but that was not what I was referring to.

crow, you made your point about there being a rumor of interest in Doherty. Point conceded. Get over it. How happy were the supporters at the prospect of signing Doherty when the rumor was out? What about the other occasions when he was free to leave?

THE REFEREE WHO WAS YARDS AWAY DIDN''T KNOW IF IT WAS A GOAL WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE LINESMAN SO IT''S NOT A VALID POINT DUMBO!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Andy is an idiot, crow, not me. I don''t attack someone for not being at games and then come on here to publicly announce I was at the game and didn''t see it. .[/quote]

Arsene Wenger "didn''t see it" many times over the course of a season... despite being there.. does that make him an idiot too?

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Yep, lino definately gave it. I was nearly in line with it, just a bit out and I thought it was over the line, or at least partially over the line. And a great goal it must be said. [Y]
[/quote]

Hedging your bets a bit then? It was a goal or at least not a goal, one or the other. You''d make a good ref in this league[;)]

[/quote]

No - Brendo''s actually saying it WASNT a goal - the ball has to COMPLETELY cross the line to be a goal