Sign in to follow this  

I''m sure this must have been discussed, but I seem to have missed it so sorry...

Has the club said anymore about the extent of Wes''s injury? The last I saw was a rumour from Vital football of  a 2-3 week layoff.

Paul Lambert spoke about Wes’ injury after the game on Monday in his post match interview with Chris Goreham. He was asked whether it was a season ending injury and Lambert said no way and he would be back playing before the end of the season.

By the way he reacted to the question, I’d guess maybe for Charlton, but only as Lambert seemed very sure in his answer.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]he wont be missed[/quote]He was missed against Stockport, when we really could have done with someone with a killer pass. Then again we will probably go in circles with this arguement as per normal with Wes. I just think some of our support just aren''t prepared to take the rough with the smooth, yes he will give the ball away trying to do too much but that is why other times he will do stuff that no other player in this division can do.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]he wont be missed[/quote]You are a muppet, you obviously didn''t see/hear/watch the game from monday!

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]each to his own-i just dont like/rate him[/quote]

Yeah I don''t like players who score lots of goals and create a hatful for everyone else either. Bring back Daryl Sutch and Carl Robinson!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]he wont be missed[/quote]

Presume you were not there Saturday because he was then

[/quote]

I''m not sure anyone was there Saturday :-P

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]he wont be missed[/quote]

Presume you were not there Saturday because he was then

[/quote]

I''m not sure anyone was there Saturday :-P

[/quote]

Well spotted OTBC loseing the days with this Easter thing yes Monday

goes missing when needed most-too lightweight? remember last year? cant play 4 4 2 with him in the side and we wont get away with the diamond next season

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]goes missing when needed most-too lightweight? remember last year? cant play 4 4 2 with him in the side and we wont get away with the diamond next season[/quote]

Why won''t we "get away with" playing the diamond next season? Chelsea seem to "get away with" it in the Premier League, Milan "got away with" it when they won the Champions League last. Although the diamond was born out of using the player Lambert had to hand at the time, it has been successful at the highest level. Italy reverted to it occasionally when they won the World Cup, and Barcelona have been known to use it at times this season. I guess when we get into the summer transfer window we will see what formation Lambert is thinking of for next season, but there is nothing wrong with a diamond, just needs certain players in certain areas.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]goes missing when needed most-too lightweight? remember last year? cant play 4 4 2 with him in the side and we wont get away with the diamond next season[/quote]

1. Er, we need him most in the last third of the pitch and that''s where I tend to see him.

2. Too lightweight? He''s small, I grant you, but that doesn''t equal too lightweight.

3. Last year? I remember it all too well. He was just getting a run in the side, and starting to look good, when he got injured.

4. Yes, we can.

5. We''ll play the best formation to win games/gain points; if that proves to be the diamond, then the diamond it shall be - the division we are in is irrelevant

Not sure the Diamond as we have played it this year would work in the champ - we don''t have good enough players at that level to make up for it''s difficiencies IMHO vulnerability on the flanks, difficult to break down well organised defences through the middle. We might play that way at home, but it is possible we could play five in Midfield with Hooly playing off a loan striker away from home next year assuming Wes stays.

A 442 is a system used by very few, those who use it are the teams that rely on passion alone to get them through a game. When did you last see a top team play 442 most now play 4 3 3. The only teams to get near us this year have had to match our system Leeds being a good example.  

I think it''s fair to say that sometimes he''s great,

sometimes he can be frustrating and try to do too much/give the ball

away too much. When he''s good and has space though he can dictate some

games. However, I think defenders in the Champ will work out he''s only

got a left foot and may mean he might not be as effective.

Keep taking the pills

Its only when he''s not playing do we see his full value to the team. His absence on Monday stood out - with two grafters in the centre of the midfield 4, the forwards missed his through balls and whilst they certainly do not all come off, a heck of a lot do. As far as Im concerned wrathsajokesajoke! King of the one line windups.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]Not sure the Diamond as we have played it this year would work in the champ - we don''t have good enough players at that level to make up for it''s difficiencies IMHO vulnerability on the flanks, difficult to break down well organised defences through the middle. We might play that way at home, but it is possible we could play five in Midfield with Hooly playing off a loan striker away from home next year assuming Wes stays.[/quote]Do we have a transfer embargo?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]each to his own-i just dont like/rate him[/quote]

Yeah I don''t like players who score lots of goals and create a hatful for everyone else either. Bring back Daryl Sutch and Carl Robinson!

[/quote]dont you just hate players like that in your team!!!!! the sooner we sell him the better[:|][;)]

[quote user="GUcanary"]I think it''s fair to say that sometimes he''s great, sometimes he can be frustrating and try to do too much/give the ball away too much. When he''s good and has space though he can dictate some games. However, I think defenders in the Champ will work out he''s only got a left foot and may mean he might not be as effective. [/quote]

I seem to remember the season before we bought him, he was playing in the hole behind the strikers and was one of the best players in the league? When we signed him at such a small price it was seen as a major coup, then we decided to stick him in a position you don''t get the best out of him. And as someone earlier said when Gunn came in, gave him the "free" role we started to see what he was all about, shame he got injured.

That Messi bloke? Too lightweight. And Barcelona will never get anywhere playing that pathetic 4-3-3 with a withdrawn striker, sometimes it''s as if they want to pass or dribble the ball into the net!! Have you ever heard the like? No big-man / little-man combination? Who''s going to win the knock-downs or the flick-ons? And did you see them trying to play the ball out from defence? Suicide, I tells you! They need to GET RID OF IT. Get it forward. Bloody Xavi Hernandes, with his CONSTANT sideways passing. Has he not heard of forward?? GET INTO THEM. GET IT FORWARD. GET STUCK IN. It''s a different league, Brian. They''d never prosper in the Championship, playing "football" or whatever you want to call it. Apart from Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom and Burnley. Get it up to the big man, knock it down to the wings, cross it in and BOSH. Goal. This football lark''s simple, surely they must have read the English Cliché book of football?

Surley if Hoolahan was really as good as this board make him out to be........ He wouldnt be playing for us, in the 3rd tier of English football and struggling to get into the squad of Rep Ireland.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Surley if Hoolahan was really as good as this board make him out to be........ He wouldnt be playing for us, in the 3rd tier of English football and struggling to get into the squad of Rep Ireland.[/quote]I dont think anyone is saying he is WORLD CLASS, but he can turn a game and pick a pass and has that bit xtra....his agent was trying to get him a move when we got relegated to league 1 and i dare say there would of been plenty of championship clubs ready to make a bid for him!!! It was Hoolohans choice to stay and try and get us back in the Championship...to which i am very pleased its also nice to see a player show some loyalty for once!!!