Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

LABOUR PLEDGE ON CLUB OWNERSHIP

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I doubt any National Association in any field would act against the PM''s wishes after a public statement like that. Whether she had the power to do it or not she compromised their position. If you don''t believe this then maybe you could explain to me how Norwich were banned from Europe. Because with any backing from the FA Eufa''s ban on us would have been overturned.

Crafty - if the guy 5 doors down the road from you is banned from his local pub for fighting would the landlord be justified in banning the whole street? You''d go right into one[:@] if the Lord Mayor then decreed that the whole street should be banned even though he didn''t have the power to do so[B]

[/quote]

1. You need to cast your eyes beyond the shores of Blighty and see how many national associations in various sports have got themseves into a pickle with their international bodies by ''allowing'' or ''not resisting'' or ''not fighting'' political interference from national governments of various stripes.

2. And why did NCFC not raise cane and fight the ban though the various national, regional and international courts and arbitration processes?

OTBC

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Do you seriously believe that people who own dangerous dogs will rush to Aviva for insurance?  Of course not - they won''t take any notice whatsoever.  [/quote]Sorry to go oof topic, but this will actually combat the major problem with the dangerous dogs act; that it is quite hard to prove the breed of a dog, it certainly needs an expert and the kennel club refuse to give proper specifications for some of these breeds.It is much easier for the police to demand to see insurance papers. This move makes enforcing the law much easier, which makes it a better law.

[quote user="crafty canary"]THis still doesn''t overturn the fact that it was UEFA that banned English clubs from European competition and not Maggie as you claim. [/quote]Mother Maggie''s half baked accusations made it easy for UEFA to ban all clubs from england, left to themselves they could well have just banned Liverpool.

When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil? I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact. A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil? I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact. A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.

[/quote]Only the good die young.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="crafty canary"]THis still doesn''t overturn the fact that it was UEFA that banned English clubs from European competition and not Maggie as you claim.
[/quote]

Mother Maggie''s half baked accusations made it easy for UEFA to ban all clubs from england, left to themselves they could well have just banned Liverpool.
[/quote]

Exactly 7Rew.

Now would anyone please explain for me why Norwich City were banned from Europe? What did we do wrong?

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="crafty canary"]THis still doesn''t overturn the fact that it was UEFA that banned English clubs from European competition and not Maggie as you claim.
[/quote]

Mother Maggie''s half baked accusations made it easy for UEFA to ban all clubs from england, left to themselves they could well have just banned Liverpool.
[/quote]

Exactly 7Rew.

Now would anyone please explain for me why Norwich City were banned from Europe? What did we do wrong?

[/quote]

How would you say that our cages, barbed wire, policing and hooligan hordes and firms would have stood up to close scrutiny at that time?

Could that be part of the reason that City did not fight their ban tooth and nail though the various available avenues and perhaps as far as the Court of Arbitration in Sport?

OTBC

I would say we qualified for Europe through winning the Milk Cup at Wembley. I doubt we would have taken any more fans across Europe than we took to Wembley that day. Do you remember what was remarkable about the crowd at that final?

I would say we qualified for Europe through winning the Milk Cup at Wembley. I doubt we would have taken any more fans across Europe than we took to Wembley that day. Do you remember what was remarkable about the crowd at that final?

[/quote]

Yes, but we wouldn''t have been playing Sunderland in Europe would we?

No doubt we''d have been those English hooligans to most foreigners. First cousins to those Liverpool savages.

OTBC

By that token you are first cousin to Bob Marley. I decree that you are always high as a kite when you post on here. Which will explain many things to many people.

[8]Sheriff John Brown always hate I,
for what, I never know.
Everytime I plant a seed,
he said, kill it before it grow.
He said, kill them before they grow.

By that token you are first cousin to Bob Marley. I decree that you are always high as a kite when you post on here. Which will explain many things to many people.

for what, I never know.

[/quote]

You''re losing the debate yet again, so.........................

Weird.

[:S]

OTBC

[quote user="crafty canary"]THis still doesn''t overturn the fact that it was UEFA that banned English clubs from European competition and not Maggie as you claim.
[/quote]

Well if you remember we knew we wouldn''t be playing in Europe before UEFA met so it came from somewhere didn''t it. And Magnificent Maggie''s magnificent effort made sure we were stuffed. But it seems that the view of Magnificent Maggie, Bog Standard Bly and yourself is that you will indeed be banned from your local due to the actions of the guy five doors down the street. But never fear, because when you return to Gods Own City I will still serve you[B]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

for what, I never know.

[/quote]

Weird.

OTBC

[/quote]

If that''s losing the debate then you lost it with your previous post.

You are surely the only so called Norwich fan who''s happy to brand his fellow fans as being the same as the bindippers just to try and win an arguement. I guess only those fans who watch the games on the wireless are well behaved enough to deserve to  watch their club play in Europe. Five more weeks and I''ll expand on this.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

for what, I never know.

[/quote]

Weird.

OTBC

[/quote]

If that''s losing the debate then you lost it with your previous post.

You are surely the only so called Norwich fan who''s happy to brand his fellow fans as being the same as the bindippers just to try and win an arguement. I guess only those fans who watch the games on the wireless are well behaved enough to deserve to  watch their club play in Europe. Five more weeks and I''ll expand on this.

[/quote]

What''s a bindipper pray?

You really are a class act. Dear oh dear.

Liverpool hooligans at Heysel deprived us of Europe, not Maggie. 39 football fans died that day in Belgium; not one of them English.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

Liverpool hooligans at Heysel deprived us of Europe, not Maggie. 39 football fans died that day in Belgium; not one of them English.

OTBC

[/quote]

Indeed. And it makes no more sense to ban Norwich from Europe because of that than it would to lift the ban on Liverpool because of the good behaviour of the Norwich and Sunderland fans at Wembley.

You really are an argumentative old scrote and I can understand that you enjoy it. What I don''t understand is why you always take the anti Norwich viewpoint.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

OTBC

[/quote]

Indeed. And it makes no more sense to ban Norwich from Europe because of that than it would to lift the ban on Liverpool because of the good behaviour of the Norwich and Sunderland fans at Wembley.

You really are an argumentative old scrote and I can understand that you enjoy it. What I don''t understand is why you always take the anti Norwich viewpoint.

[/quote]

"You really are an argumentative old scrote" Jeeezuuss i have heard it all now.Pot,kettle and black do not even begin to cover it Nutty.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil? I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact. A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.

[/quote]Greatest post-war prime minister this country has had. Put the country back on its feet after the disaster of yet another "We know how to spend your money better than you do" Labour government, defended the freedom of British protected Falklanders against a Fascist bully, stood up to and whipped the looney left''s pin up boy Scargill and didn''t sell us out to Brussels. Compare her to Bliar and ''Boom or Bust'' Brown and weep for how we are heading South once again.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil?

I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact.

A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.

[/quote]

Greatest post-war prime minister this country has had. Put the country back on its feet after the disaster of yet another "We know how to spend your money better than you do" Labour government, defended the freedom of British protected Falklanders against a Fascist bully, stood up to and whipped the looney left''s pin up boy Scargill and didn''t sell us out to Brussels. Compare her to Bliar and ''Boom or Bust'' Brown and weep for how we are heading South once again.
[/quote]

Well said Sir !!  She is held in high esteem by many in the country for good reason and has thus been granted a state funeral when that sad day arrives. The first politician to receive such high honour since Winston Churchill.   

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil? I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact. A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.[/quote]Greatest post-war prime minister this country has had. Put the country back on its feet after the disaster of yet another "We know how to spend your money better than you do" Labour government, defended the freedom of British protected Falklanders against a Fascist bully, stood up to and whipped the looney left''s pin up boy Scargill and didn''t sell us out to Brussels. Compare her to Bliar and ''Boom or Bust'' Brown and weep for how we are heading South once again. [/quote]Well its all about opinions, so here is mine!The woman was a f**king disaster.  She left us with what industry exactly? Oh yeah… Banking, Premier League football and Reality TV… thanks a bunch! We have nothing to fall back on. What do we export? Bankers and computer games? A bit of F1 technology.She broke communities (mining and steel if you''re looking for examples) and bribed council house tenants to remove themselves from the protection of social housing.  Hey, guess what… you''ve got a mortgage to protect now Sonny Jim… best you do as your boss says, take his meagre offerings and don''t forget to doff your cap. Oh yeah, and don''t forget you need to break that picket line or there''s no roof over your head - know what I mean?She favoured business over the the worker and encouraged greed over worker''s rights. She engendered a love of money that haunts us all still. She took power from the populace and gave it to her pals in business.And her biggest crime was a lack of funding in state education. She bred the ignorant parents of the illiterate spawn that populate the streets of this country that you Thatcher lovers so enjoy knocking down. When were these parents educated? Was it during the days of Brown and Blair? Errrrrrrr, nope I don''t think so. No shit Sherlock… it was on Maggie''s watch.Shame that Irish lad (that spent a while in Attleborough) got the wrong room, he could have done us all a favour.Anyhoo… you carry on your ''Thatch'' love in and when the time comes I''ll do an extra big squirt whilst thinking of you… around about the headstone area!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil? I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact. A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.[/quote]Greatest post-war prime minister this country has had. Put the country back on its feet after the disaster of yet another "We know how to spend your money better than you do" Labour government, defended the freedom of British protected Falklanders against a Fascist bully, stood up to and whipped the looney left''s pin up boy Scargill and didn''t sell us out to Brussels. Compare her to Bliar and ''Boom or Bust'' Brown and weep for how we are heading South once again. [/quote]Well its all about opinions, so here is mine!The woman was a f**king disaster.  She left us with what industry exactly? Oh yeah… Banking, Premier League football and Reality TV… thanks a bunch! We have nothing to fall back on. What do we export? Bankers and computer games? A bit of F1 technology.She broke communities (mining and steel if you''re looking for examples) and bribed council house tenants to remove themselves from the protection of social housing.  Hey, guess what… you''ve got a mortgage to protect now Sonny Jim… best you do as your boss says, take his meagre offerings and don''t forget to doff your cap. Oh yeah, and don''t forget you need to break that picket line or there''s no roof over your head - know what I mean?She favoured business over the the worker and encouraged greed over worker''s rights. She engendered a love of money that haunts us all still. She took power from the populace and gave it to her pals in business.And her biggest crime was a lack of funding in state education. She bred the ignorant parents of the illiterate spawn that populate the streets of this country that you Thatcher lovers so enjoy knocking down. When were these parents educated? Was it during the days of Brown and Blair? Errrrrrrr, nope I don''t think so. No shit Sherlock… it was on Maggie''s watch.Shame that Irish lad (that spent a while in Attleborough) got the wrong room, he could have done us all a favour.Anyhoo… you carry on your ''Thatch'' love in and when the time comes I''ll do an extra big squirt whilst thinking of you… around about the headstone area![/quote]Amen...although maybe not the bomber bit.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil?

I''ve had the fizz on ice for a couple of years now, ever since her last scare in fact.

A couple of magnums of champers and then a nip up to Grantham for a wazz on her grave.

[/quote]

Greatest post-war prime minister this country has had. Put the country back on its feet after the disaster of yet another "We know how to spend your money better than you do" Labour government, defended the freedom of British protected Falklanders against a Fascist bully, stood up to and whipped the looney left''s pin up boy Scargill and didn''t sell us out to Brussels. Compare her to Bliar and ''Boom or Bust'' Brown and weep for how we are heading South once again.
[/quote]

Well its all about opinions, so here is mine!

The woman was a f**king disaster.  She left us with what industry exactly? Oh yeah… Banking, Premier League football and Reality TV… thanks a bunch! We have nothing to fall back on. What do we export? Bankers and computer games? A bit of F1 technology.

She broke communities (mining and steel if you''re looking for examples) and bribed council house tenants to remove themselves from the protection of social housing. 

Hey, guess what… you''ve got a mortgage to protect now Sonny Jim… best you do as your boss says, take his meagre offerings and don''t forget to doff your cap. Oh yeah, and don''t forget you need to break that picket line or there''s no roof over your head - know what I mean?

She favoured business over the the worker and encouraged greed over worker''s rights. She engendered a love of money that haunts us all still. She took power from the populace and gave it to her pals in business.

And her biggest crime was a lack of funding in state education. She bred the ignorant parents of the illiterate spawn that populate the streets of this country that you Thatcher lovers so enjoy knocking down. When were these parents educated? Was it during the days of Brown and Blair? Errrrrrrr, nope I don''t think so. No shit Sherlock… it was on Maggie''s watch.

Shame that Irish lad (that spent a while in Attleborough) got the wrong room, he could have done us all a favour.

Anyhoo… you carry on your ''Thatch'' love in and when the time comes I''ll do an extra big squirt whilst thinking of you… around about the headstone area!

[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear.

You sound in this post just like that chap who''s so well balanced he''s got a chip on each shoulder.

Nothing is that one-sided.

I''m far from any permanent political leaning, but I do remember the state of the country that Thatcher was bequeathed by the thoroughly inept James Callaghan. Do you?

I''m going to vote for a hung parliament next time so that none of them can have their way. Political paralysis would suit us just fine for a few years.

OTBC

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]When is that vindictive old whore going to shuffle off this mortal coil?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good Morning Crafty

How nice that you still remember me and speak well of me. Magnificent Maggie is a name I fondly remember and much preferred it to The Iron Lady. Of course you are lucky to have a woman like me in charge of your football club. Delightful Delia as I like to call her. Like me she is a woman. And like me she will go on and on and on until she feels your club would be better served if she stood down. She has a woman''s ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it. You see it may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs. Any woman who understands the problems of running a kitchen will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a football club. I was always taught that if you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman. I am sure Delia won''t stand aside and allow your football club to be swamped by an alien culture.

So there you have it Crafty my honourable friend. Don''t worry be happy.

Now I have enjoyed our little chat, please remember me to that wizard chap and remind him - you turn if you want to, the lady''s not for turning.

Be true to your heart and aim for your dreams...

Margaret.

Andy,

Fact. UK manufacturing industry has declined by a higher percentage since 1997 than it ever did in the Thatcher years. Perhaps people should start looking at the current incumbents'' record, especially on pensions, immigration, sleaze, taxes, debt etc. Why does Blair have multiple offshore companies in island tax havens if he pays fair UK tax ? What does he have to hide ?  Surely as a socialist he should be willing to share his money fairly with the underprivileged of his home country, or is he just a hypocrite rather than a ''pretty straight kind of guy''.

Paul, you had a point until you tried to suggest that Blair was a Socialist.  The fact is that Labour have been unbelievably lucky, we had economic prosperity as a result of cheap chinese imports and a banking bubble.  To be fair to Brown he isn''t shirking the responsibility of the mess he helped make, but his mate Blair is off shaking hands with americans on the lecture circuit for obscene money.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Paul, you had a point until you tried to suggest that Blair was a Socialist.  The fact is that Labour have been unbelievably lucky, we had economic prosperity as a result of cheap chinese imports and a banking bubble.  To be fair to Brown he isn''t shirking the responsibility of the mess he helped make, but his mate Blair is off shaking hands with americans on the lecture circuit for obscene money.
[/quote]

I do understand that it is difficult to detect the sarcasm and irony in my post. [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Paul, you had a point until you tried to suggest that Blair was a Socialist.  The fact is that Labour have been unbelievably lucky, we had economic prosperity as a result of cheap chinese imports and a banking bubble.  To be fair to Brown he isn''t shirking the responsibility of the mess he helped make, but his mate Blair is off shaking hands with americans on the lecture circuit for obscene money.[/quote]

I do understand that it is difficult to detect the sarcasm and irony in my post. [:D]

[/quote]Aaaaah - my bad [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Paul, you had a point until you tried to suggest that Blair was a Socialist.  The fact is that Labour have been unbelievably lucky, we had economic prosperity as a result of cheap chinese imports and a banking bubble.  To be fair to Brown he isn''t shirking the responsibility of the mess he helped make, but his mate Blair is off shaking hands with americans on the lecture circuit for obscene money.
[/quote]

So did the rest of the world, if the truth be told.

OTBC