Sign in to follow this  
ca

Huckerby's new role at the club?

Just catching up on last weeks news ( was on holiday) and saw this from Friday which presumeably was discussed in the web chat ( which I can''t find anywhere)

[quote] Stephan Phillips did reveal fans'' favourite Darren Huckerby is poised to agree a match day role with the club following his return from America. Huckerby was forced to call time on his playing career at MLS side San Jose Earthquakes after hip surgery.

“Yes there are some exciting plans involving Darren on match days here at Carrow Road which we hope to announce shortly,” said Phillips. “We all know Darren was a legend and a firm friend of the fans.” [/quote]

Just wondered if any of our insiders knew anymore ? I''m guess he may host the Gunn Club next season after its been renamed??

Also can anyone help me with a link to his web chat?

Thankyou [:)]

I can''t remember who I was talking to, but someone mentioned on Saturday that he''d be hosting a match day experience type of event based on a meal in The Top followed by watching the game from a selection of the currently unused River End boxes that may be knocked into one.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I can''t remember who I was talking to, but someone mentioned on Saturday that he''d be hosting a match day experience type of event based on a meal in The Top followed by watching the game from a selection of the currently unused River End boxes that may be knocked into one.[/quote]

Doubt it''s just that as several of the "old" guard have been doing this for years.

Would guess that as Gunn and Goss are gone that a role hosting Huckerby''s Haunt after the match might please many.

Can''t see them reducing box numbers as promotion would no doubt see them filled again.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I can''t remember who I was talking to, but someone mentioned on Saturday that he''d be hosting a match day experience type of event based on a meal in The Top followed by watching the game from a selection of the currently unused River End boxes that may be knocked into one.[/quote]

So a meal with him and watch the game with him, thats a treat I wouldn''t miss, will start saving up.

Thanks Matt [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just catching up on last weeks news ( was on holiday) and saw this from Friday which presumeably was discussed in the web chat ( which I can''t find anywhere)

[quote] Stephan Phillips did reveal fans'' favourite Darren Huckerby is poised to agree a match day role with the club following his return from America. Huckerby was forced to call time on his playing career at MLS side San Jose Earthquakes after hip surgery.“Yes there are some exciting plans involving Darren on match days here at Carrow Road which we hope to announce shortly,” said Phillips. “We all know Darren was a legend and a firm friend of the fans.” [/quote]

Just wondered if any of our insiders knew anymore ? I''m guess he may host the Gunn Club next season after its been renamed??

[/quote]Is the Gunn club being renamed then?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote] Stephan Phillips did reveal fans'' favourite Darren Huckerby is poised to agree a match day role with the club following his return from America. Huckerby was forced to call time on his playing career at MLS side San Jose Earthquakes after hip surgery.

“Yes there are some exciting plans involving Darren on match days here at Carrow Road which we hope to announce shortly,” said Phillips. “We all know Darren was a legend and a firm friend of the fans.” [/quote]

[/quote]

Is the Gunn club being renamed then?
[/quote]

Wouldn''t surprise me, maybe they''ll have a competition to come up with a name and then open it with Hucks. I''ll get my thinking cap on [:)]

Lol, as much as I thought he was an awful manager, and really have grown to dislike him a little, thats a real final slap in the chops for old Gunny!!

What I meant to say was maybe they will have a competition to rename it and the winner will be able to reopen it and cut the ribbon with Hucks.

Didnt make myself too clear in my last post

Bet Pete ( mod) knows a bit more,

[quote user="cityangel"]

What I meant to say was maybe they will have a competition to rename it and the winner will be able to reopen it and cut the ribbon with Hucks.

Didnt make myself too clear in my last post

Bet Pete ( mod) knows a bit more,

[/quote]

Don''t mention the word"bet" in connection with Pete''s name for a day or two.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I don''t think the club would rename the Gunn Club at this stage, would be a bit of a PR own goal.[/quote]

Matt - I think it said the plans are for next season.

Yankee - Forgot Pete is still sulking.

Poepon haunts me even in my sleep! 90 (+3)! Wibble!

As for Hucks'' role at the club I know as much as you. I''ll ask him.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I don''t think the club would rename the Gunn Club at this stage, would be a bit of a PR own goal.[/quote]

Yher how about the Canaries Working mans Social Club,  Now you just know I''m only having a laugh.

[quote user="cityangel"]

So a meal with him and watch the game with him, thats a treat I wouldn''t miss, will start saving up.

[/quote]

Would they risk Hucks with you though Angel?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I''m willing to pay for a matchday experience with him, they would have to risk it [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I''m willing to pay for a matchday experience with him, they would have to risk it [:)]

[/quote]

You could ask him if he does "extras"

[;)]

[quote user="morty"]

You could ask him if he does "extras"

[;)]
[/quote]

I don''t want any extras, I''d be happy just to be in his company for the afternoon.

CA, just for you I popped into the Club today to enquire.

Hucks will be hosting a ladies only matchday experience.

You begin in ''Yellows'' with cocktails before moving on to the home dressing room where you are bathed in warm milk by trainees.

After drying off Hucks appears in a loin cloth, all oiled up and scented and gives you a full body massage whilst feeding you Belgian Chocolates and champagne.

After this, he gives you a full manicure and pedicure using his own mouth, lips and teeth and you then watch the game from behind glass in your own executive box dressed in a long silk gown while Hucks serves you peeled grapes and canapes all washed down with a vintahe Pino Grigo.

At the end of the game he sees you off from your own private exit which includes a lingering kiss goodbye....with tongues.

Oh! You also get a free match programme and an ''I''ve Been Pampered By Hucks'' framed certificate and signed photograph.

If you are a season ticket holder you get 15% off. If you are over 30 a further 10% on top plus a reduction of 10% for every decade thereafter. I have put your name down for the Leeds matchday experience and Mr. McNally will hod it for you until lunchtime tomorrow.

Okay!?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]CA, just for you I popped into the Club today to enquire. Hucks will be hosting a ladies only matchday experience. You begin in ''Yellows'' with cocktails before moving on to the home dressing room where you are bathed in warm milk by trainees. After drying off Hucks appears in a loin cloth, all oiled up and scented and gives you a full body massage whilst feeding you Belgian Chocolates and champagne. After this, he gives you a full manicure and pedicure using his own mouth, lips and teeth and you then watch the game from behind glass in your own executive box dressed in a long silk gown while Hucks serves you peeled grapes and canapes all washed down with a vintahe Pino Grigo. At the end of the game he sees you off from your own private exit which includes a lingering kiss goodbye....with tongues. Oh! You also get a free match programme and an ''I''ve Been Pampered By Hucks'' framed certificate and signed photograph. If you are a season ticket holder you get 15% off. If you are over 30 a further 10% on top plus a reduction of 10% for every decade thereafter. I have put your name down for the Leeds matchday experience and Mr. McNally will hod it for you until lunchtime tomorrow. Okay!?[/quote]

Kathy is has put herself down on the waiting list for when Grant Holt hangs up his boots.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]CA, just for you I popped into the Club today to enquire. Hucks will be hosting a ladies only matchday experience. You begin in ''Yellows'' with cocktails before moving on to the home dressing room where you are bathed in warm milk by trainees. After drying off Hucks appears in a loin cloth, all oiled up and scented and gives you a full body massage whilst feeding you Belgian Chocolates and champagne. After this, he gives you a full manicure and pedicure using his own mouth, lips and teeth and you then watch the game from behind glass in your own executive box dressed in a long silk gown while Hucks serves you peeled grapes and canapes all washed down with a vintahe Pino Grigo. At the end of the game he sees you off from your own private exit which includes a lingering kiss goodbye....with tongues. Oh! You also get a free match programme and an ''I''ve Been Pampered By Hucks'' framed certificate and signed photograph. If you are a season ticket holder you get 15% off. If you are over 30 a further 10% on top plus a reduction of 10% for every decade thereafter. I have put your name down for the Leeds matchday experience and Mr. McNally will hod it for you until lunchtime tomorrow. Okay!?[/quote]

Kathy is has put herself down on the waiting list for when Grant Holt hangs up his boots.

[/quote]

No takers for Gary Doherty too?!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I guess I''d just feed the horse and see what transpired 

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I wonder if the people moaning about the old boys club will moan now that the legend has a job here[:S][/quote]Sssssshhhhhhhh [;)]