Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Help Needed. Anyone know Alex Notman?

I am thinking of writing up a story for Man U mag Inside United about former city and united player Alex Notman and would like to interview him.

If anyone knows him or knows someone who could help, let me know.

James.

I can''t help unfortunately but you''ll have to put up your story on here as i''m sure a few will be interested.Wasn''t his biggest fan at Norwich as I was expecting a lot coming from Man Utd with a decent reputation. Wasn''t it at Portman Road when he charged down a free kick that he did the damage?

You could contact the club?

I know a few of the current players but I am not sure how many of the lads I know would know him well enough to have his number etc and if they would be willing to pass it on.

Alternatively, try finding out who he is playing for now and going to one of their games. I have met Alex before and he seemed like a nice guy so I''m sure he wouldn''t mind you asking.

[quote user="The Chirp"]I am thinking of writing up a story for Man U mag Inside United about former city and united player Alex Notman and would like to interview him. If anyone knows him or knows someone who could help, let me know. James.[/quote]

Do you think it''s worth the effort?

Good luck with it anyway............

it''s worth the effort if you get paid for the story!

He was last at Wroxham, but is now doing his coaching badges.

Alex is an interesting one as he was part of a very good youth team at utd including jimmy davis who died in a car crash.

A lot was expected of him, but like many players, he failed to reach the heights that he was expected to.

His injury did come in the game at portman road. think it was when he charged down a freekick

Wasn''t he in the same youth team as David Healy? I seem to remember we wanted Healy at the time but couldn''t afford him so we were offered Alex. He was a striker but from what I can remember mainly played on the wing for us.

im sure manchester united had two youngsters that city were interested in at the time notman was second choice we got him and

dont think he made any real impact on the team .

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I can have it to you by monday.[/quote]

brilliant.

I am in Norfolk over next weekend, so if he''s still around it would be great to get an interview in person.

If not a phone call would still be great.

It is likely to appear in the Inside United magazine (800 words, so about a page interview).

It was a very decent youth team which Alex was a key member of.

i liked Alex notman, he had some skill and was eally unlucky infront of goal, he did cross the ball for "that goal" in Cardiff..

i thought he was a decent player and its a shame his czeer was injured in what was a freakish way.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I can''t help unfortunately but you''ll have to put up your story on here as i''m sure a few will be interested.

Wasn''t his biggest fan at Norwich as I was expecting a lot coming from Man Utd with a decent reputation. Wasn''t it at Portman Road when he charged down a free kick that he did the damage?
[/quote]

Correct. He got booked for it whilst being stretchered off. The ref got it wrong too, as he missed the fact the Ippo player had rolled it.

Anyway, I always thought he was technically a very good player, however I never knew what his best postion was.

A real unlikely ask here... BUT...

Anyone have a contact for Phil Mulryne?

Much more unlikely but again, it would be a look at his career, including Norwich of course and then all about him learning to be a priest.

sorry this isn''t about Norwich specifically, but you guys have been kind enough to help me with stuff before so I thought it was worth a try!

[quote user="The Chirp"]A real unlikely ask here... BUT...

Anyone have a contact for Phil Mulryne?

Much more unlikely but again, it would be a look at his career, including Norwich of course and then all about him learning to be a priest.

sorry this isn''t about Norwich specifically, but you guys have been kind enough to help me with stuff before so I thought it was worth a try![/quote]You could try the bar he and McVeigh often visited

[quote user="The Chirp"]A real unlikely ask here... BUT... Anyone have a contact for Phil Mulryne? Much more unlikely but again, it would be a look at his career, including Norwich of course and then all about him learning to be a priest. sorry this isn''t about Norwich specifically, but you guys have been kind enough to help me with stuff before so I thought it was worth a try![/quote]

Mulryne could be found in a few pubs in his Nowich days when not playing.

[quote user="Northern Irish Canary"]I can help you on that one, Chirp. Give me until Monday.[/quote]

hi (northern) Irish canary,  do you mean with Mulryne? If you could help I would be delighted. I loved Mulryne when he was at Norwich and was gutted that he never really found the form he showed before his leg break. I know united fans liked him so it would hopefully make a popular read. Sadly as I am freelance and currently on the dole (a depressing necessary evil when trying to get into journalism) i can''t offer any money for anything, but i would be really happy if anyone can help. James

[quote user="The Chirp"]A real unlikely ask here... BUT... Anyone have a contact for Phil Mulryne? Much more unlikely but again, it would be a look at his career, including Norwich of course and then all about him learning to be a priest. sorry this isn''t about Norwich specifically, but you guys have been kind enough to help me with stuff before so I thought it was worth a try![/quote]

Possibility with this one too...but app he rarely has access to phones etc during his "priest training".

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Mulryne could be found in a few pubs in his Nowich days when not playing.

[/quote]

He could also be found in a few pubs when he WAS playing! Hasn''t he become a priest back in Ireland??!

He was living in my father in laws house up till middle of last year, he was definately training to become a priest, if I can find any more details will post them on here.

Pop along to Bawdswell Garden Centre, and head for the Garden Gnome department......Alex is the one wearing a red pointy hat, yellow waistcoat and green trousers, and is perched on a toadstool clutching a fishing rod.....

(Paul McVeigh covers for him on tea and lunch breaks)....

guys thanks for the help.

if one of these comes off i''ll be delighted... both... well... i drink could be in it for you... (although it might have to be a half, skint doesn''t cover it at the moment!!)

Let us know when you''ve finished it.... I''ll put in my own perforations.

Thanks.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Let us know when you''ve finished it.... I''ll put in my own perforations.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Haha! Funny! Though I feel embarrased to have laughed at a Cluck the Purist comment.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Sadly as I am freelance and currently on the dole (a depressing necessary evil when trying to get into journalism) i can''t offer any money for anything, but i would be really happy if anyone can help.

James[/quote]Hmm! Working on the side then? I''ve just phoned the job centre who said as well as Chirp, they''re also looking at a Cluck, a chicken and several canaries, apparently there''s a whole clutch of them on here. They take organised crime very seriously you know! [;)]

It was a Marc Venus free kick, wasn''t it? I still feel slightly annoyed when I hear his name (coaching staff at Celtic is he?) even though he clearly didn''t do it on purpose.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Chirp"]Sadly as I am freelance and currently on the dole (a depressing necessary evil when trying to get into journalism) i can''t offer any money for anything, but i would be really happy if anyone can help.

James[/quote]Hmm! Working on the side then? I''ve just phoned the job centre who said as well as Chirp, they''re also looking at a Cluck, a chicken and several canaries, apparently there''s a whole clutch of them on here. They take organised crime very seriously you know! [;)][/quote]

haha... too true and so you should shop me!

however if i get paid for the work (no telling i will... some papers have been mean in the past) I would defo report how much i got as I am one of those people who would get caught out if i forgot etc...

:)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i liked Alex notman, he had some skill and was eally unlucky infront of goal, he did cross the ball for "that goal" in Cardiff..

i thought he was a decent player and its a shame his czeer was injured in what was a freakish way.

[/quote]

I went to his benefit match, it was the day after the horror show at Craven Cottage and I booed Damian Francis, the first and last time I''ve ever booed a Norwich player.  Quite a decent turnout though, I was glad I went. 

my 1st fav player [;)]