Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Fraser Forster

Amongst the 5-0 scoreline it will get lost but I thought Fraser Forster was immense in the first half. Made a top draw save at 0-0 and his handling of crosses and shots in really bad conditions was excellent. Could have possibly been a different game if they had gone a goal up.

What can i say? I expect nothing less from him now. Top draw keeper and he will go on to big things. With the improvement of his kicking.

A hell of a lot of  ''IF''s'' here but...

If Newcastle and Norwich both got promoted and IF we could find the cash, I wonder IF he would be interested in coming here as our first choice keeper (IF Newcastle got into the Prem would they want to keep him?). He looks to have one hell of a future in front of him.

"A hell of a lot of  ''IF''s'' here but...

If Newcastle and Norwich both got promoted and IF we could find the cash, I wonder IF he would be interested in coming here as our first choice keeper (IF Newcastle got into the Prem would they want to keep him?). He looks to have one hell of a future in front of him."

Not sure. Following the interest from Arsenal and Tottenham they will probably want him as back up, but i''m not sure if he wants to be back up. Its the club he loves though.

Just seen Forsters save on the FLS and it really was quality and probably the turning point in the match because i thought Williams the Colchester GK could have saved the shot for Martins 1st goal, it was probably and easier save than forsters from Wordsworths shot a few minutes before.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

A hell of a lot of  ''IF''s'' here but...

If Newcastle and Norwich both got promoted and IF we could find the cash, I wonder IF he would be interested in coming here as our first choice keeper (IF Newcastle got into the Prem would they want to keep him?). He looks to have one hell of a future in front of him.

[/quote]

I think we''re more likely to get him on loan again next season if us and Newcastle are promoted...

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Completely agree with the OP, for me he''ll be in the top three players of the season, he had a great game.[/quote]

Its not just good saves - they are saves that are keeping us in games.  Thats something like 7 out of the last 10 games where he has made a crucial stop when it looked inevitable that they were about to take the lead;  winning games having gone a goal down is so difficult.

And consistency like that just breeds confidence through the whole team.

I thought Forster was excellent yesterday in nightmare conditions for goalkeepers. As others have said he spilled nothing but also, when needed, a strong hand got the ball clear of danger. Also the whole back four got good distances on clearances and didn''t get caught in the mud. Compared with little colly you can see how well they did.

These conditions are said to be a great leveller. The fact they weren''t yesterday was because our back five continually made the right decisions where as theres made the wrong ones.

And every match he plays his value goes up a notch,

could our beloved leader''s make a worthy offer to Newcastle I would like to think so

the best goalkeeper we have had scince green by far, but there is no chance we will get him unless its on loan again, i no for a fact that fraser is still training with newcastle 1 or 2 days a week 

Once Again He Was Outstanding Yesterday. Lets Just Hope Newcastle Let Us Have Him Us Next Season, And Lets Hope Forster Wants To Stay :) He Just Gets Better Every Game.......