Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Bryan Gunn, no regrets.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure.

The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.

''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

AAAAAaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Gunn no Regrets, but we have many.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure. The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

[/quote]

[/quote]His preparation was absolutely awful!He NEVER watched the pre match DVD''s given to him from our analysts, pre season tour of Scotland was most notable for always being at the bar and turning up to games like a sunday team, running up high bills in the laid on hotel room and ignored most of what others advised him!I think McNally could have been a lot harsher about the whole episode.Bryan Gunn player - LegendBryan Gunn manager - Lets forget about him!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]His preparation was absolutely awful!He NEVER watched the pre match DVD''s given to him from our analysts, pre season tour of Scotland was most notable for always being at the bar and turning up to games like a sunday team, running up high bills in the laid on hotel room and ignored most of what others advised him!I think McNally could have been a lot harsher about the whole episode.Bryan Gunn player - LegendBryan Gunn manager - Lets forget about him![/quote]I heard rumors which takes this statement a lot futher.*glug glug glug*But they were removed from this website the only time i mentioned it so will go no futher.Make of it what you will ;)

....so after reading the article today I''m totally underwhelmedBlah Blah '' the board let me down''blah blah '' the point i want to get across is it could have been done better'' (yeah, and so could the management of the football team Bryan)blah blah '' If I had a luckier scenario, refereing decisions, injuries and suspensions'' ...............this is absolute and utter nonsense. I don''t know what is worse - knocking out this rubbish and expecting people to take him seriously OR knocking out this rubbish and actually believing it himself.

Joker

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]So Bryan Gunn has no regrets about his tenure, his preparation was good, lack of experience was irrelevant and he was so upset about the manner of his departure.

The article on the home page and BG''s comments are absolutely ludicrous and can only point to complete delusion.

''My reputation took a little dent with the supporters''

[/quote]

[/quote]

His preparation was absolutely awful!

He NEVER watched the pre match DVD''s given to him from our analysts, pre season tour of Scotland was most notable for always being at the bar and turning up to games like a sunday team, running up high bills in the laid on hotel room and ignored most of what others advised him!

I think McNally could have been a lot harsher about the whole episode.

Bryan Gunn player - Legend
Bryan Gunn manager - Lets forget about him!
[/quote]

I know that your sources have been very good in the past and I have heard similiar things from people well placed to know so I believe what you say.   Additionally, there were apparently  training sessions in Scotland missed by Gunn to go shopping and a very unsatisfactory use of the match video of the Colchester game as a learning experience for the squad.

Should never have put his name down for the job after relegation. It was there for all to see he was no manager during that horrible spell which saw us relegated. When confronted at a q & a he said he still thought he was the right man for the job....perhaps he was thinking we would walk this league...to be honest Im not to impressed with Gunns timing of all this, we are fighting to get back into the league Gunn took us from, and he comes across as a school kid who has stolen the teachers wallet and is suprised hes got detention....bit sad.

to answer your question . i think gunn has every right to feel angry against norwich.

i go back to the question..should colchester sack boothroyd after last week .

most of you would say no.

the best manager in the world would have had a big fight on trying to pull round a damaged team with no transfer budget as the previous manager wasted almost the lot . he put together a team that never lost a pre-season game .friendly or not teams dont play them to lose .

he put together a team of perminent players that lost one game and got fired .

the same players have gone on to do very well .

look at the back line he had to deal with last season under roeder we conceded penalties every other game and sendings off frequently.

the best manager in the world would have had one hell of a fight on to motivate a team full of players that dont belong to us ,viewing the remaining games of last season it was clear to see they could not care less and wanted to go home.why should the players be bothered ..? they have no comitment to norwich city .

Also didnt Bryan "im 100% commited to this club" Gunn, go on holiday a couple of times during the summer after saying he wouldnt???

Hes still a legend as a player but hes gone down a bit in my estimation.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Should never have put his name down for the job after relegation. It was there for all to see he was no manager during that horrible spell which saw us relegated. When confronted at a q & a he said he still thought he was the right man for the job....perhaps he was thinking we would walk this league...to be honest Im not to impressed with Gunns timing of all this, we are fighting to get back into the league Gunn took us from, and he comes across as a school kid who has stolen the teachers wallet and is suprised hes got detention....bit sad.[/quote]It is a bit sad. Though he isn''t doing himself any favours - I am unhappy with him but with a bit of humility I wouldn''t be and I dare say most people would be the same. I feel he''s heading for a crisis - I was worried that in the article he said a few times that the family thing was going well -  strange strange thing to say considering he''s been a 9 to 5 guy for 12 or 13 years.

[quote user="singing canary"]to answer your question . i think gunn has every right to feel angry against norwich. i go back to the question..should colchester sack boothroyd after last week . most of you would say no. the best manager in the world would have had a big fight on trying to pull round a damaged team with no transfer budget as the previous manager wasted almost the lot . he put together a team that never lost a pre-season game .friendly or not teams dont play them to lose . he put together a team of perminent players that lost one game and got fired . the same players have gone on to do very well . look at the back line he had to deal with last season under roeder we conceded penalties every other game and sendings off frequently. the best manager in the world would have had one hell of a fight on to motivate a team full of players that dont belong to us ,viewing the remaining games of last season it was clear to see they could not care less and wanted to go home.why should the players be bothered ..? they have no comitment to norwich city . .[/quote]

We have done this before but here you are one more time:

Theokliots, Otsembor, Nelson, Doherty, Drury, Whaley, Gill, Tudor Jones, Hoolahan, Holt and Martin .  Gunn''s choice against Colchester and his view of what his best side was.

What was done at half time to change things around?   Nothing.  We went from 4-0 to 7-1 in the second half.   Just the handling of that game shows his ineptness.   But how can anyone involved with that game for City not look back and have regrets, not feel that they could have done things differently?   It beggars belief and if you don''t get the arrogance or delusion in saying that everything was done that could be done then there is truly no hope for you.  

Let me make it easy.  At half time, if not before, might not substituting Alnwick for Theoklitos been worth considering?   Might the rot not have stopped?  Might a sentient being not at least feel that might have made a difference?  Might that same sentient being have wondered what if he selected Askou instead of Nelson or Spillane instead of Otsembor?   I have argued elsewhere about review of failed projects so I won''t repeat that but hells bells, how can anyone say things against Colchester could not have been different?

Just five first choice players under Lambert and one of those, Hoolahan was played in his weaker position as a wide player.   Lambert has brought in Russell from the cold, Lappin from the bench and Smith from the reserves.   He has given the players shape, belief and made them all his.   Neither in personnel nor in attitude is this Gunn''s team.

[quote user="singing canary"]to answer your question . i think gunn has every right to feel angry against norwich.

i go back to the question..should colchester sack boothroyd after last week .

most of you would say no.

the best manager in the world would have had a big fight on trying to pull round a damaged team with no transfer budget as the previous manager wasted almost the lot . he put together a team that never lost a pre-season game .friendly or not teams dont play them to lose .

he put together a team of perminent players that lost one game and got fired .

the same players have gone on to do very well .

look at the back line he had to deal with last season under roeder we conceded penalties every other game and sendings off frequently.

the best manager in the world would have had one hell of a fight on to motivate a team full of players that dont belong to us ,viewing the remaining games of last season it was clear to see they could not care less and wanted to go home.why should the players be bothered ..? they have no comitment to norwich city .

.[/quote]You are making the point about managers there, and you are forgetting that Bryan "I used to be a good goalie and sherrif of Norwich, I don''t have any coaching qualifications and if I screw it up the fans will still love me regardless as I''m a legend, and I''ll just blame the previous manager and board anyway" Gunn isn''t actually a manager, he works for a mobile phone company arranging golf days.The only reason he had a job at Norwich city for so long was out of sickly sentimentality, a weak regime desperately trying to keep in touch with glory days.

singing canary,

of course boothroyd should not get sacked, completley different team with expectations etc.

Boothroyd has the badges and hence is qualified... gunn wasn''t

our team had, on paper, better players that what boothroyd has to operate with

we played doncaster away, soton at home etc, we were still a team that most would have thought would turn it around... gunn didn''t

in the end the centre back pairing we went with was shacks and doc... that partnership almost took us down the season before

roeder had brought in taylor... a clear improvement... kennedy and stafanovic would have been solid enough last season

Gunn can come out with what he wants, he wasn''t the right man, he put himself up, the board did do a cheap option... clearly we were only offering a short term deal no real manager would jump at that

gunn''s appointment was a big mistake, certainly following relegation it was a terrible decision to announce he was our new manager... he had proved nothing, thank god mcnally stepped in

As much as I and I am sure all of us wanted it to work out for Gunny, morty has a fair point there

[quote user="B-ru"]As much as I and I am sure all of us wanted it to work out for Gunny, morty has a fair point there[/quote]I wanted it to work out for him, we all did. I would have loved nothing better than some amazing happy ending.Looking back we were all desperately craving success so clearly not thinking straight.I am happy with how it has turned out.

BG on Look East a few moments ago. Blah blah, players needed time to bed in Blah BlahI wonder why reporters continually ask him how he felt being sacked after two games?!! Two games of the season, yes - he had over 20 games in charge with a 27% win ratio ffs.Blah Blah Badly let down by the boardAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I like Gunn as a player, but hes sounding more and more bitter its starting to chaffe.

He had what? 20 games to save us from relegation? Failed.

He signed Holt, and Jens fair enough, but he also signed Maric, Theo, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Whalley, Nelson, Whiggins........jesus!!!

I mean Theo for gods sake, I know we shouldnt judge him on 1 game, but christ ive seen that clown in reserve games and he flaps his way through those aswell. What was he playing at against Watford reserves? The clowns a liability, and Gunn for all his managerial knowledge, should have been trusted to find us a deent keeper, thats one area where he shouldnt have let us down.

Teams do need time to gel, thats what bloody pre season friendlys are for!!!

I love Gunn the player and the fundraiser...but not the manager.....and im slowly going off the person himself.

The board shouldnt have appointed him, they used his legend status as a player in an attempt to win same fans back over. But....Gunn, after seeing us relegated, when he inherited a team outside the bottom 3, should have hold up his hands and said this club needs a proper manager to go forward, rather than dig himself a deeper hole.

Compare his 1st xi to Lamberts 1st xi, big difference in every way.

Its like he is seeking credit for Lamberts success. Either that or hes being disrespectful to this league, thinking the Colchester game was a one off. Im sorry but it wasnt just the Colchester game it was last season aswell, he took us from hovering over relegation, to actual relegation.

I hope for Gunns sake he stops his bleating and moves on because going on like this is going to pee a few of his fans off, and its starting to get on my tits a bit now.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I like Gunn as a player, but hes sounding more and more bitter its starting to chaffe. He had what? 20 games to save us from relegation? Failed. He signed Holt, and Jens fair enough, but he also signed Maric, Theo, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Whalley, Nelson, Whiggins........jesus!!! I mean Theo for gods sake, I know we shouldnt judge him on 1 game, but christ ive seen that clown in reserve games and he flaps his way through those aswell. What was he playing at against Watford reserves? The clowns a liability, and Gunn for all his managerial knowledge, should have been trusted to find us a deent keeper, thats one area where he shouldnt have let us down. Teams do need time to gel, thats what bloody pre season friendlys are for!!! I love Gunn the player and the fundraiser...but not the manager.....and im slowly going off the person himself. The board shouldnt have appointed him, they used his legend status as a player in an attempt to win same fans back over. But....Gunn, after seeing us relegated, when he inherited a team outside the bottom 3, should have hold up his hands and said this club needs a proper manager to go forward, rather than dig himself a deeper hole. Compare his 1st xi to Lamberts 1st xi, big difference in every way. Its like he is seeking credit for Lamberts success. Either that or hes being disrespectful to this league, thinking the Colchester game was a one off. Im sorry but it wasnt just the Colchester game it was last season aswell, he took us from hovering over relegation, to actual relegation. I hope for Gunns sake he stops his bleating and moves on because going on like this is going to pee a few of his fans off, and its starting to get on my tits a bit now.[/quote]

Good post, I feel the same, he should shut his trap and move on.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I like Gunn as a player, but hes sounding more and more bitter its starting to chaffe.

He had what? 20 games to save us from relegation? Failed.

He signed Holt, and Jens fair enough, but he also signed Maric, Theo, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Whalley, Nelson, Whiggins........jesus!!!

I mean Theo for gods sake, I know we shouldnt judge him on 1 game, but christ ive seen that clown in reserve games and he flaps his way through those aswell. What was he playing at against Watford reserves? The clowns a liability, and Gunn for all his managerial knowledge, should have been trusted to find us a deent keeper, thats one area where he shouldnt have let us down.

Teams do need time to gel, thats what bloody pre season friendlys are for!!!

I love Gunn the player and the fundraiser...but not the manager.....and im slowly going off the person himself.

The board shouldnt have appointed him, they used his legend status as a player in an attempt to win same fans back over. But....Gunn, after seeing us relegated, when he inherited a team outside the bottom 3, should have hold up his hands and said this club needs a proper manager to go forward, rather than dig himself a deeper hole.

Compare his 1st xi to Lamberts 1st xi, big difference in every way.

Its like he is seeking credit for Lamberts success. Either that or hes being disrespectful to this league, thinking the Colchester game was a one off. Im sorry but it wasnt just the Colchester game it was last season aswell, he took us from hovering over relegation, to actual relegation.

I hope for Gunns sake he stops his bleating and moves on because going on like this is going to pee a few of his fans off, and its starting to get on my tits a bit now.[/quote][Y]