Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Bryan Gunn, no regrets.

it would have been good if he had a budget to bring players in half way through a season with failing loan players ..

i respect the bloke for saying something .

holt was a quality signing ..well done gunny ...

one poor result and he was sacked after a good pre season beating good teams .

i know im going to get shot down ,im pleased lambert is here but i give the man more credit for taking the stick for a team the two previous managers put together or should i say thrown together.

the team we have "now " is the team of players gunn put together .

yes he was not very good at tactics but no im not going to put a norwich city legend who has put so much time into the club down.

he brought in better players than roeder , proven by our leauge position .

not as manager but i believe the big man could still have played a part at norwich city .

I can only hope that most of you slagging off Gunny are too young to have seen him play - the man will always be a legend in my eyes - he clearly thought (and still does think) he was the right man for the job - I don''t think this is arrogance - just self belief. He did make some good signings in the summer and the Col Who? game was a complete freak result. Don''t get me wrong I''d much rather have Lambert than Gunny, but the way th club treated a true ''city'' man ia a total disgrace. Good luck in the future Gunny, I for one will always give you the respect you deserve!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I can only hope that most of you slagging off Gunny are too young to have seen him play - the man will always be a legend in my eyes - he clearly thought (and still does think) he was the right man for the job - I don''t think this is arrogance - just self belief. He did make some good signings in the summer and the Col Who? game was a complete freak result. Don''t get me wrong I''d much rather have Lambert than Gunny, but the way th club treated a true ''city'' man ia a total disgrace. Good luck in the future Gunny, I for one will always give you the respect you deserve![/quote]He is disgracing himself by implying that he has no regrets about his part in us being relegated.That is arrogant, he failed, full stop.It takes more of a man to hold his hands up and admit he screwed up.

lambert clearly is a better manager . lambert has had results without having to sign anyone .

players dont turn very poor to leauge winners overnight .

gunn had to build a new team .

im pleased he brought the players in that have got us in this position .

we could have released martin , sold hoolihan, and not bought holt .

thats 60 goals through gunns choice of players.

the squad also needed time to gell , again proven .

yes the right decision was made .. but not a chance i will give gunn a hard time .

hes a good man and it did not work out for him .

i fail to see how any manager could do anything with the crop of players he took over from roeder.

give the poor man a break !!

very well said .

week in week out gunny was a legend on the pitch .

how city fans talk about him considering how many players last season could not give a t**.

he put the team he wanted together and lost one game that got him sacked .

funny though the same set of players are still winning .

[quote user="singing canary"]very well said .

week in week out gunny was a legend on the pitch .

how city fans talk about him considering how many players last season could not give a t**.

he put the team he wanted together and lost one game that got him sacked .

funny though the same set of players are still winning .[/quote]Are you serious?Really are you so oblivious to the facts that you actually believe what you are saying?

I regret very much having witnessed 1-7. It is probably the only game I''ll be able to see at CR this season. The lowest point of a lifetime following the Canaries. How can he have no regrets about sending lambs to the slaughter - unless he is claiming the credit for it''s galvanising effect under Lambo!

how many loan players did we have .. when gunn took over during the transfer window how many perminent players did we sign .

loan players.. too many damaged this club

roeder took a wild card gamble , it did not pay off and he got sacked . gunn took over and signed one striker on a perminent contract . coddy mcdonald . the damage was done

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I can only hope that most of you slagging off Gunny are too young to have seen him play - the man will always be a legend in my eyes - he clearly thought (and still does think) he was the right man for the job - I don''t think this is arrogance - just self belief. He did make some good signings in the summer and the Col Who? game was a complete freak result. Don''t get me wrong I''d much rather have Lambert than Gunny, but the way th club treated a true ''city'' man ia a total disgrace. Good luck in the future Gunny, I for one will always give you the respect you deserve![/quote]He is disgracing himself by implying that he has no regrets about his part in us being relegated.That is arrogant, he failed, full stop.It takes more of a man to hold his hands up and admit he screwed up.[/quote] I agree with Morty on this.Yes, Bryan Gunn was a top class player and a top class PR man but he was hopeless as a manager. To be fair had anyone on this message board been offered the Norwich manager''s job after more than 20 years at the club they''d have taken it. It is, after all, the pinnacle of achievement.Our pre-season under Gunn was excellent - we were unbeaten I believe - but good pre-seasons for City have a habit of turning out to be not so good when the serious business starts. But quite how bad it turned out to be on 8th August had us all fooled that''s for sure.The main problem is that sport is like politics. No one accepts any blame for anything when things go wrong. Sport is full of ridiculously optimistic people and they seem blinded to the possibility of failure. I would suspect that Gunn really does believe he would have '' turned it round '' given more time and maybe he even thinks he made no mistakes at all during his short tenure. Maybe this isn''t really arrogance at all but a refusal to accept reality. This seems to affect nearly everyone involved in professional sport.Bryan Gunn does himself no favours with this interview. Most people respected Gunn and his passion for NCFC but he has gone down in many peoples estimation with this latest nonsense. He should have seen that the game was up with five defeats in the last six matches in the relegation season. Sadly he wasn''t able to resist the ridiculous offer of another chance but still cannot or will not see that he was in any way to blame for our downfall. A recognition, that, like all of us he had his faults and admitting to them with a little humility in this interview would have gone a long way.It''s a sad way to end an association stretching back over two decades - there''s no chance of him returning while David McNally remains at Carrow Rd - but Bryan has only himself to blame for this latest blow to his '' City legend '' status.

... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I can only hope that most of you slagging off Gunny are too young to have seen him play - the man will always be a legend in my eyes - he clearly thought (and still does think) he was the right man for the job - I don''t think this is arrogance - just self belief. He did make some good signings in the summer and the Col Who? game was a complete freak result. Don''t get me wrong I''d much rather have Lambert than Gunny, but the way th club treated a true ''city'' man ia a total disgrace. Good luck in the future Gunny, I for one will always give you the respect you deserve![/quote]He is disgracing himself by implying that he has no regrets about his part in us being relegated.That is arrogant, he failed, full stop.It takes more of a man to hold his hands up and admit he screwed up.[/quote] I agree with Morty on this.Yes, Bryan Gunn was a top class player and a top class PR man but he was hopeless as a manager. To be fair had anyone on this message board been offered the Norwich manager''s job after more than 20 years at the club they''d have taken it. It is, after all, the pinnacle of achievement.Our pre-season under Gunn was excellent - we were unbeaten I believe - but good pre-seasons for City have a habit of turning out to be not so good when the serious business starts. But quite how bad it turned out to be on 8th August had us all fooled that''s for sure.The main problem is that sport is like politics. No one accepts any blame for anything when things go wrong. Sport is full of ridiculously optimistic people and they seem blinded to the possibility of failure. I would suspect that Gunn really does believe he would have '' turned it round '' given more time and maybe he even thinks he made no mistakes at all during his short tenure. Maybe this isn''t really arrogance at all but a refusal to accept reality. This seems to affect nearly everyone involved in professional sport.Bryan Gunn does himself no favours with this interview. Most people respected Gunn and his passion for NCFC but he has gone down in many peoples estimation with this latest nonsense. He should have seen that the game was up with five defeats in the last six matches in the relegation season. Sadly he wasn''t able to resist the ridiculous offer of another chance but still cannot or will not see that he was in any way to blame for our downfall. A recognition, that, like all of us he had his faults and admitting to them with a little humility in this interview would have gone a long way.It''s a sad way to end an association stretching back over two decades - there''s no chance of him returning while David McNally remains at Carrow Rd - but Bryan has only himself to blame for this latest blow to his '' City legend '' status.

[/quote]Eloquently put.[Y]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.[/quote]

Well, in that case you must be completely blinkered. What a silly statement to make. Having read all the posts on here I conclude thst the pro Gunn posters are making reasonable, thoughtful and calm points whilst the anti Gunn lobby seem to be rabidly dogmatic churning out all the usual claptrap about "Gunn getting us relegated etc" Interestingly the anti Gunn posters seem to resort to abuse and nastiness at the first hint of disagreement from the pro Gunn posters whilst the latter continue being reaonable.

agreed im not throwing abuse at anyone ,as a person its not my nature .

i have alot of time for gunny and the spirit as a player of how he delt with his daughters death and still gave everything to the club.

the biggest floor i think which cost gunn was the goalkeeper .(theo)

strangly enough he was dropped the following week and we won 4-0 .

[quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Big Bad John"]... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.[/quote]

Well, in that case you must be completely blinkered. What a silly statement to make. Having read all the posts on here I conclude thst the pro Gunn posters are making reasonable, thoughtful and calm points whilst the anti Gunn lobby seem to be rabidly dogmatic churning out all the usual claptrap about "Gunn getting us relegated etc" Interestingly the anti Gunn posters seem to resort to abuse and nastiness at the first hint of disagreement from the pro Gunn posters whilst the latter continue being reaonable.[/quote]the latter tend to ignore all reasonable argument and refuse to answer a straight question - Bob Franklin has disappeared.So I''ll ask you the same question as this thread is about GUNN''s ARTICLE TODAY which no pro - Gunn (as you put it) poster has answered yet.Do you think Bryan Gunn could have shown some regret? (rather than saying he wouldn''t change a thing)Yes or no sir?

I blame the previous board.....and those that still remain on it.....

They allowed it all to materialise...."Cheap as chips!"

Gunn scoffed the carrot when it was offered - without even washing the soil off....

At the Capital Canaries chattathon, her and Micky backed the Gunn.....a few days later.....they sacked the Gunn?

Gunn Gone!

Goody, Goody, Gunn Gone.....

Mr Gunn''s well suited in his current role....He was never - and never will be, a football manager....

Nice bloke though.....maybe.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Big Bad John"]... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.[/quote]

Well, in that case you must be completely blinkered. What a silly statement to make. Having read all the posts on here I conclude thst the pro Gunn posters are making reasonable, thoughtful and calm points whilst the anti Gunn lobby seem to be rabidly dogmatic churning out all the usual claptrap about "Gunn getting us relegated etc" Interestingly the anti Gunn posters seem to resort to abuse and nastiness at the first hint of disagreement from the pro Gunn posters whilst the latter continue being reaonable.[/quote]the latter tend to ignore all reasonable argument and refuse to answer a straight question - Bob Franklin has disappeared.So I''ll ask you the same question as this thread is about GUNN''s ARTICLE TODAY which no pro - Gunn (as you put it) poster has answered yet.Do you think Bryan Gunn could have shown some regret? (rather than saying he wouldn''t change a thing)Yes or no sir?

[/quote]

I''m not surprised Bob franklin disappeared, he seems to have ansered your point pretty well in his last post on this subject. In any case looking at the times it looks like he was posting from work. By the way it isn''t Gunn''s article as you put it. The EDP decided to contact him for an interview and he gave it. fair play to him. As far as regrets are concerned I believe the tenor of his responses is embodied within the Edith Piaf song Je regrette rien. There is no doubt that he must be sad that his beloved club was relegated whilst he was manager, to my mind that goes wihtout saying. From what I have read of your posts on the subject there is no point in trying to discuss this subject with you. You seem to want your pound of flesh and by God come what may you''re detremined to get it. sad really. never mind.

[quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Big Bad John"]... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not surprised Bob franklin disappeared, he seems to have ansered your point pretty well in his last post on this subject. In any case looking at the times it looks like he was posting from work. By the way it isn''t Gunn''s article as you put it. The EDP decided to contact him for an interview and he gave it. fair play to him. As far as regrets are concerned I believe the tenor of his responses is embodied within the Edith Piaf song Je regrette rien. There is no doubt that he must be sad that his beloved club was relegated whilst he was manager, to my mind that goes wihtout saying. From what I have read of your posts on the subject there is no point in trying to discuss this subject with you. You seem to want your pound of flesh and by God come what may you''re detremined to get it. sad really. never mind.[/quote]Obviously you are looking at this with Gunn blinkers on too.Bob answered no ones points, just posted a load of flowered up sentimental crap, along with a few others.Bryan Gunn was a crap manager, tell you what, prove me wrong.

[quote user="singing canary"]agreed im not throwing abuse at anyone ,as a person its not my nature .

i have alot of time for gunny and the spirit as a player of how he delt with his daughters death and still gave everything to the club.

the biggest floor i think which cost gunn was the goalkeeper .(theo)

strangly enough he was dropped the following week and we won 4-0 .[/quote]What the hell has the death of his daughter got to do with ANY of this?What an odd thing to bring up.

[quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Demonic Pen"][quote user="Big Bad John"]... Have not heard one reasonable thing said by the ''pro-Gunn'' contingent yet.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not surprised Bob franklin disappeared, he seems to have ansered your point pretty well in his last post on this subject. In any case looking at the times it looks like he was posting from work. By the way it isn''t Gunn''s article as you put it. The EDP decided to contact him for an interview and he gave it. fair play to him. As far as regrets are concerned I believe the tenor of his responses is embodied within the Edith Piaf song Je regrette rien. There is no doubt that he must be sad that his beloved club was relegated whilst he was manager, to my mind that goes wihtout saying. From what I have read of your posts on the subject there is no point in trying to discuss this subject with you. You seem to want your pound of flesh and by God come what may you''re detremined to get it. sad really. never mind.[/quote]The only thing I''d like is an answer to the question. This post is about todays article and the thread title says the same. You jumped in this thread debating side historical points which have been debated to death on here.Sad or not, you''ve taken a lot of time to post but have failed to give your opinion on TODAYS ARTICLE. Should BG have expressed some regret today?Stop trying to spin and find faults in other and give us your opinion on the matter at hand - show some magnanimity unlike todays article. 

"Obviously you are looking at this with Gunn blinkers on too."

Demonic Pen and Bob F seem to have a very similar posting style...

[quote user="Metatron"]"Obviously you are looking at this with Gunn blinkers on too."

Demonic Pen and Bob F seem to have a very similar posting style...[/quote]Hmmmmm, interesting lol.

I am not pro Gunn as in still wanting him as manager. However, the slating he is getting on here deserves some defence. I didn''t think the interview was released yet, just the grab your attention snippets to help boost sales. I may be wrong but i don''t think he meant he had no regrets like getting relegated, or not winning more matches - after all that is ridiculous. I interpret the no regret comment as in him making the decision to be the manager despite what failure would bring. He failed, he may have turned that around, nobody knows. He believes he would and there is nothing wrong in that. I thought at the time of his sacking he could have been treated better because of his legend status. I was doubtful about Lambert''s appointment because I wasn''t convinced his record was that good, I''m pleased to admit that others knew better than me and after his first few games he was impressing me more and more. I couldn''t be happier how things have turned out so far. Gunn though does not deserve this bashing, unless there are some posters on here hiding some amazing secrets (very doubtful, yet possible) he has done far more for our club than any of them. He was a legend as a player and deseves the associated respect and loyalty. If you didn''t consider him a legend prior to being manager then you must have missed something and if you did your honour is in question.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Totally agree. The man was a disaster and why does he keep spouting on about it?

If he was so damn good why didn''t another club recognise his unique talents?[/quote]

That''s a bit unfair Bury. He was snapped up by those blokes that sell the Mobile Phones? You know , the one that had a shop in Bury but is closed down now.

Ok, to summarise, for the people coming in here spouting crap without actually reading all the posts.We mostly agree Bryan Gunn was a club legend.He was an awful manager who failed miserably, say what you like about previous manager, the board etc he had time and assets to keep us from relegation and it was his total lack of managerial competence that got us relegated.The board chose the cheap option in appointing him again.For him to say he has no regrets about his beloved club being relegated is arrogant, and to still insist that he did a good job ie prepared the team adequately whilst on pre season tour in Scotland, or all went out and got pi$$ed every night if you believe rumours is laughable. He had all summer to prepare that team for kick off against Colchester and we know what happened.I, myself, would have far more respect for him if he held his hands up and apologised to the fans along the lines of "I tried my best for the club I love, but I let you all down, sorry"

You know, I''m thinking maybe the article tomorrow is going to stitch BG up a bit. The snippets today hardly did him any favours after all. Is the gap between BG and NCFC community going to widen even more? 

[quote user="morty"]Ok, to summarise, for the people coming in here spouting crap without actually reading all the posts.

We mostly agree Bryan Gunn was a club legend.
He was an awful manager who failed miserably, say what you like about previous manager, the board etc he had time and assets to keep us from relegation and it was his total lack of managerial competence that got us relegated.
The board chose the cheap option in appointing him again.
For him to say he has no regrets about his beloved club being relegated is arrogant, and to still insist that he did a good job ie prepared the team adequately whilst on pre season tour in Scotland, or all went out and got pi$$ed every night if you believe rumours is laughable. He had all summer to prepare that team for kick off against Colchester and we know what happened.

I, myself, would have far more respect for him if he held his hands up and apologised to the fans along the lines of "I tried my best for the club I love, but I let you all down, sorry"
[/quote]

Who is spouting crap and not reading all the posts?

Please highlight where he he is reported to say he has no regrets about his beloved club being relegated.

Does anyone dispute that he tried his best? I think that goes without saying.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="morty"]Ok, to summarise, for the people coming in here spouting crap without actually reading all the posts.We mostly agree Bryan Gunn was a club legend.He was an awful manager who failed miserably, say what you like about previous manager, the board etc he had time and assets to keep us from relegation and it was his total lack of managerial competence that got us relegated.The board chose the cheap option in appointing him again.For him to say he has no regrets about his beloved club being relegated is arrogant, and to still insist that he did a good job ie prepared the team adequately whilst on pre season tour in Scotland, or all went out and got pi$$ed every night if you believe rumours is laughable. He had all summer to prepare that team for kick off against Colchester and we know what happened.I, myself, would have far more respect for him if he held his hands up and apologised to the fans along the lines of "I tried my best for the club I love, but I let you all down, sorry"[/quote]

Who is spouting crap and not reading all the posts?

Please highlight where he he is reported to say he has no regrets about his beloved club being relegated.

Does anyone dispute that he tried his best? I think that goes without saying.

[/quote]Today''s EDP.That do?(apologies if it comes out sideways)[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Photo0255.jpg[/IMG]