Sign in to follow this  
Barossa

EXCLUSIVE: Canaries' debts soar to £23m

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Or it all could be a clever ploy so we can play broke and not have to pay inflated prices in the transfer window lol.
[/quote]

Get the collection buckets out we need it more than KingsLynn

[/quote]

Collection buckets?.... Giant sea side models are installed on a beach in Rimini, Italy, beach goers gathered round to get a closer look at the giant deck chairs, bucket and rubber ring..Two dozen of these deposited around Carra might make a slight dent on a £23 million debt....

[/quote]

How did you get that photo of my family on holiday thought we took care of the camera

The webchat with MF at 11.00 am on the official website should be interesting!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]It also states that "the wage bill was £8.5m, the same as in `07-`08", which is plain wrong..........[/quote]It actually states..........

"Last season''s wage bill is believed to be similar to the £8.5m figure for 2007-08...............although the exact figure will not be revealed in the official accounts".

Close! [;)]

[/quote] Doesn''t matter now lappin, Mr C has put it in this thread, so from now on it''s an internet FACT [;)] - ABout time for another 40 page thread, wouldn''t you say ?...[/quote]

Nope, correction accepted.  "Similar">"same", a little pedantic perhaps.....Everything i`ve ever claimed as fact is checkable if people can be bothered.  How often have i been found to be wrong?

[quote user="a1canary"]I''d be really interested to know what our turnover is now. I actually doubt it will be ''dramatically'' less than it was in the champ. Our gates are, if anything, bigger now, i doubt of merchandising sales are much different. The main difference will be in tv revenues but these will have gone from not much to a bit less! It''s not as if promotion to the championship is going to save us. And another thing, Archant, show us what your made of and go and FIND Roeder and get an interview with him. I want to see what he has to say for himself. But don''t do it anywhere in Norwich. If that man is ever seen in the city again and i don''t think he''ll be leaving it.[/quote]

Championship tv money is around £2.4m apparently, against about £400k in league 1.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="a1canary"]I''d be really interested to know what our turnover is now. I actually doubt it will be ''dramatically'' less than it was in the champ. Our gates are, if anything, bigger now, i doubt of merchandising sales are much different. The main difference will be in tv revenues but these will have gone from not much to a bit less! It''s not as if promotion to the championship is going to save us. And another thing, Archant, show us what your made of and go and FIND Roeder and get an interview with him. I want to see what he has to say for himself. But don''t do it anywhere in Norwich. If that man is ever seen in the city again and i don''t think he''ll be leaving it.[/quote]

Championship tv money is around £2.4m apparently, against about £400k in league 1.

[/quote]

Think you''ll find that this year though under the new tv deal. i don''t think it was anything like as much last season so its not actually money we have lost as we never had it!

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Or it all could be a clever ploy so we can play broke and not have to pay inflated prices in the transfer window lol.[/quote]

Get the collection buckets out we need it more than KingsLynn

[/quote]

Collection buckets?.... Giant sea side models are installed on a beach in Rimini, Italy, beach goers gathered round to get a closer look at the giant deck chairs, bucket and rubber ring..Two dozen of these deposited around Carra might make a slight dent on a £23 million debt....

[/quote]

How did you get that photo of my family on holiday thought we took care of the camera

[/quote]I spent 30 mins studying the bird in the yellow bikini when she stood in the naked scanner at the airport.

It''s like Christmas all over again[<:o)][G]

Has the postman been yet[:^)]

You spin the facts Mr Carrow. The 8.5m player budget was only 1m less than Wolves who got promoted. These are the facts as spun by Mr Bowkett. It can be whatever you want it to be....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]It also states that "the wage bill was £8.5m, the same as in `07-`08", which is plain wrong..........[/quote]It actually states..........

"Last season''s wage bill is believed to be similar to the £8.5m figure for 2007-08...............although the exact figure will not be revealed in the official accounts".

Close! [;)]

[/quote] Doesn''t matter now lappin, Mr C has put it in this thread, so from now on it''s an internet FACT [;)] - ABout time for another 40 page thread, wouldn''t you say ?...[/quote]

Nope, correction accepted.  "Similar">"same", a little pedantic perhaps.....Everything i`ve ever claimed as fact is checkable if people can be bothered.  How often have i been found to be wrong?

[/quote]I don''t think it''s the veracity of individual facts that people have issue with though Mr C.  You take a photograph of someone running a steeplechase, where they''ve hit a hurdle, and then claim that hitting the hurdle has prevented them winning the race.  It''s impossible to get the full picture - and on that basis, it''s never possible to be completely right or wrong on these matters.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]So total mismanagement by the previous board well done Mr Doncaster. In Mcnally we trust - Amazing that with a dramatic drop in turnover this year now we are in league 1 seems that McNally has a handle on things - we have a better team - and still money to buy Whitbread. Assuming that is right keep up the good work Mr Mcnally wish you would have been here 5 years ago we would have probably been in the premiership now.[/quote]

Doncaster has really stuffed this club up big time he stated last year that the way forward for this club was loan players. Thank goodness that door has closed and we are now moving forward. 

[/quote]

To be fair the whole lot of them are to blame, including the board who are supposed to look after the club as custodians.  I knew the club were in trouble but not to this extent.

[quote user="morty"]I''m sure that someone will use this news to dish out some sort of extremely boring "I told you so" type of post.

I have a list of suspects forming in my head as I type lol.
[/quote]

Good.......include me on it!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m sure that someone will use this news to dish out some sort of extremely boring "I told you so" type of post. I have a list of suspects forming in my head as I type lol.[/quote]

[/quote]You were top of the list.[Y]

The bare facts are that one of the lenders of ONE of the long term loans required it to be settled by a given date - be that cold feet or contracted dates, I cannot tell you. I do know that we couldn''t find another lender and were drawing up new contracts for playing and non-playing staff alike due to impending administration.The dreaded administration was, according to my informant, averted by a matter of hours - hence the delay in the release of the Report and Accounts etc.

[quote user="bluemike"]Oh dear, Oh dear, catching us up !
[/quote]

Not really you lost £10m last year we lost £5m, our debt is £23m yours is over £45m [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]I''m sure that someone will use this news to dish out some sort of extremely boring "I told you so" type of post.

I have a list of suspects forming in my head as I type lol.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So will Foulger still be bailing us out then Wizard or are you on the webchat asking him that?

[quote user="Ive got off the fence"]The bare facts are that one of the lenders of ONE of the long term loans required it to be settled by a given date - be that cold feet or contracted dates, I cannot tell you. I do know that we couldn''t find another lender and were drawing up new contracts for playing and non-playing staff alike due to impending administration.The dreaded administration was, according to my informant, averted by a matter of hours - hence the delay in the release of the Report and Accounts etc.[/quote]I did hear the same thing to be fair, not in quite such dramatic terms but it was certainly a very imminent possibility.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="bluemike"]Oh dear, Oh dear, catching us up ![/quote]

Indeed, but not quite, what''s you debt now Mike?  Oh and happy new year to you

[/quote]Happy New year to you too, the last I read ours was 36 million,. not sure where the 45 million came from but knowing the way football is it probably is even higher than we suspect.

Funny that he has not been asked about wiz yet...

Michael Foulger: Hello Carl and others who have asked about today''s EDP story. The facts as represented in the paper are pretty accurate although we have a full press conference this afternoon at which we will be giving local media the full details of our accounts.   It''s worth pointing out the accounts cover the period up to May 31, 2009. There is no need for us to sell any players this January. The point about the reliance on the loan system last season is certainly something we''ve taken on Board. Loan signings didn''t work and I support Paul''s preference to sign players that are our players. Having said that you''d never rule out making a loan signing of a quality player if it would improve the squad. As far as recouping our deficits, more details will be given at this afternoon''s press conference but it''s veyr high on our agenda to reduce debts

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Happy New year to you too, the last I read ours was 36 million,. not sure where the 45 million came from but knowing the way football is it probably is even higher than we suspect.
[/quote]

Blimey yours is worse than ours, scarey really.

Mind you looking at other bigger clubs in the Prem debt we really shouldn''t worry lol

The media team have asked him

NCFC Media Team: 

Michael, is it true you have personally made a large sum of your personal fortune available to Paul Lambert’s player budget?

Thank you,

Mark Jones, Dereham

Thursday January 7, 2010 11:18 NCFC Media Team

11:23

, I was personally  very happy  to make my gift for the season ticket rebate which obviously enabled the Club to sign Grant Holt - and like all of us I''m delighted to see how well Grant has done since joining us. I look forward to continuing to support the Club whenever possible.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Happy New year to you too, the last I read ours was 36 million,. not sure where the 45 million came from but knowing the way football is it probably is even higher than we suspect.[/quote]

Mind you looking at other bigger clubs in the Prem debt we really shouldn''t worry lol

[/quote]Ours has been worse than yours for a long time now, its a bloody good job you do get such good support.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Close! [;)]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s the veracity of individual facts that people have issue with though Mr C.  You take a photograph of someone running a steeplechase, where they''ve hit a hurdle, and then claim that hitting the hurdle has prevented them winning the race.  It''s impossible to get the full picture - and on that basis, it''s never possible to be completely right or wrong on these matters.
[/quote]

I don`t think i`ve ever said any different blah, but there comes a point when something becomes obviously true even if it can`t be 100% proven as such.  Bowkett and McNally have both made statements which basically support my argument in recent months, yet you still have the same old denial on here.  Apparently they are "playing to the gallery" of the thousands of City fans who peruse the accounts....[8-)].  Quite funny, but intellectual dishonesty all the same.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s like Christmas all over again[<:o)][G]

Has the postman been yet[:^)]

You spin the facts Mr Carrow. The 8.5m player budget was only 1m less than Wolves who got promoted. These are the facts as spun by Mr Bowkett. It can be whatever you want it to be....

[/quote]

It is also a fact that we had a squad of 14 pros in that pre-season whilst Wolves had a large and valuable squad to build on.  The fact that you never address this point is spin of the highest order, but then you are past master at accusing others of doing what you regularly do yourself.  Hypocrite.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ours has been worse than yours for a long time now, its a bloody good job you do get such good support.
[/quote]

lol yes that''s one thing we can brag about is good support week in week out.

As for your debt, surely they will be looking at reducing it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Happy New year to you too, the last I read ours was 36 million,. not sure where the 45 million came from but knowing the way football is it probably is even higher than we suspect.[/quote]

[/quote]Ours has been worse than yours for a long time now, its a bloody good job you do get such good support.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah they seem to have put most of their eggs into gaining promotion within two years, this season is pretty much shot to shit so the pressure on Keane next season is gonna be immense. Clegg keeps harping on about once we get there we must have the ability and structure to stay there and not become a yo yo club, only then will we really see the debts reduce (his words not mine).

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah they seem to have put most of their eggs into gaining promotion within two years, this season is pretty much shot to shit so the pressure on Keane next season is gonna be immense. Clegg keeps harping on about once we get there we must have the ability and structure to stay there and not become a yo yo club, only then will we really see the debts reduce (his words not mine).
[/quote]

Same as NC then, our hope is gain promotion back to the CCC, and I really hope for the sake of the club they do.  The pressure on Keane must be growing with every game, I think you fans have been quite steadfastly behind him, which kind of shocked me a little.

It''s a results based business now.  I have missed the local Derby''s this season though.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Ours has been worse than yours for a long time now, its a bloody good job you do get such good support.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah they seem to have put most of their eggs into gaining promotion within two years, this season is pretty much shot to shit so the pressure on Keane next season is gonna be immense. Clegg keeps harping on about once we get there we must have the ability and structure to stay there and not become a yo yo club, only then will we really see the debts reduce (his words not mine).[/quote]

Same as NC then, our hope is gain promotion back to the CCC, and I really hope for the sake of the club they do.  The pressure on Keane must be growing with every game, I think you fans have been quite steadfastly behind him, which kind of shocked me a little.

It''s a results based business now.  I have missed the local Derby''s this season though.

[/quote]Well I know I have a bit of a wind up with you guys on here, but I have to say I have missed the derby games also, I also think as long as you keep Holt you will gain automatic promotion, he was a great signing. Yes our fans have been great towards keane, im one of the less patient to be honest, im not that happy with him really, but 1 defeat in 13 is pretty decent at any level of football so maybe the tide is turning, in fact I believe the pressure on Keane is easing quite a bit.

We don''t mind you winding us up BlueMike, you can take it as well as give it so fair doos.

Happy New Year to you.