Sign in to follow this  
southstand

Paul Lambert's comments - anyone else concerned

The Davitt article "Paul Lambert to Mix it Up contained the following quote from Paul Lambert ( talking initially about Gary Doherty....

"His response is what you look for from people. There is only one of two ways it can go. Either they want to prove that I am wrong or they won''t - and he and Wes (Hoolahan) have proved me wrong. They have been colossal. They didn''t come close to leaving in August and thankfully at this moment no one has phoned to inquire about them for that matter.

its the thankfully no one has phoned to inquire comment that had me thinking - if another club showed interest would he be forced to sell?

Why thankfully -surely he would just tell them they are NOT FOR SALE - full stop

His language bothers me - anyone else of a similar view

"They didn''t come close to leaving" simply means that no one came in for them. Doherty was dropped to avoid him being injured at a time when they hoped he would be bought along with Russell and Hoolahan. In other words, he wasn''t dropped for footballing reasons and IMO the explanation is disingenuous. Don''t get me wrong, I''m happy with Lambert, very happy, but this article smacks of good old doublespeak and revisionism.

[quote user="southstand"]The Davitt article "Paul Lambert to Mix it Up contained the following quote from Paul Lambert ( talking initially about Gary Doherty.... "His response is what you look for from people. There is only one of two ways it can go. Either they want to prove that I am wrong or they won''t - and he and Wes (Hoolahan) have proved me wrong. They have been colossal. They didn''t come close to leaving in August and thankfully at this moment no one has phoned to inquire about them for that matter. its the thankfully no one has phoned to inquire comment that had me thinking - if another club showed interest would he be forced to sell? Why thankfully -surely he would just tell them they are NOT FOR SALE - full stop His language bothers me - anyone else of a similar view[/quote]

Lambert and McNally have both come out on several occasions and said no one has to be sold, so why now start worrying at an ambiguous quote in yet another interview about whether we have to sell players.

The only thing that would be worrying him would be good old fashioned player power. If Middlesborough do come in for Hooly and he is tempted then it could be difficult to keep hold of him, especially as his agent is always on the look out for another pay day.

If no one phones up, then the players won''t be leaving, that is the beginning and end of it. So be "thankful".

If the Club is approached for a player then surely they have to tell the player? A few offers from higher placed Clubs may well unsettle a player.

"What I have done in this competition is played lads who maybe have not

been involved regularly in the league," said Lambert. "I have no

problem doing that because those players are more than capable of doing

it.''''
Im more concerned with these comments to be honest. This means that it will be Nelson to replace Askou if he''s not fit. Surely after the Carlisle match when Nelson was involved for Carlisle''s winning goals, and directly responsible for the 2nd, Lambert cant be thinking of playing him again?

Is every single remark from Lambert, Smith and McNally going to be pored over as if it came from the Delphic Oracle?

Get a life FFS!

"Is every single remark from Lambert, Smith and McNally going to be pored over as if it came from the Delphic Oracle?"

I know - it''s pathetic, sometimes even the most simple and common turn of phrase can signify the downfall of mankind for these people...

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Is every single remark from Lambert, Smith and McNally going to be pored over as if it came from the Delphic Oracle?

Get a life FFS!

[/quote]Probably - I remember entire sections of a former websites'' forum were given over to the dislike of a former managers use of the terms "work ethic" and "earning the right to play".  Some people will find any reason to moan, any reason at all.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Is every single remark from Lambert, Smith and McNally going to be pored over as if it came from the Delphic Oracle?" I know - it''s pathetic, sometimes even the most simple and common turn of phrase can signify the downfall of mankind for these people...[/quote]

tch, these people. I don''t know. You too have clearly studied (probably still studying) at the Pontiff Beausant''s School of Pontification majoring in Pomposity.

[quote user="Captain Pugwash"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Is every single remark from Lambert, Smith and McNally going to be pored over as if it came from the Delphic Oracle?" I know - it''s pathetic, sometimes even the most simple and common turn of phrase can signify the downfall of mankind for these people...[/quote]

tch, these people. I don''t know. You too have clearly studied (probably still studying) at the Pontiff Beausant''s School of Pontification majoring in Pomposity.

[/quote]Would you like some fish to go with the chips on your shoulder ?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]Far be it for me to comment.... but..........[/quote]

Please dont Cluck lol

At the end of the day EVERY player has their price.  Even Cristiano Ronaldo had his.  And if we are offered that price (or a club triggers any release clause) then we will see those players go.  In which case it becomes important as to who you replace those players with

Same thing for just about EVERY club side in this country - possibly Chelsea and Man City excepted

"tch, these people. I don''t know. You too have clearly studied (probably still studying) at the Pontiff Beausant''s School of Pontification majoring in Pomposity."

Me too? As in you are? Figures.

[quote user="Captain Pugwash"]

[/quote]

What''s so difficult? The name is on the left of the page. If copying it out is proving too intellectually challenging, perhaps you could cut and paste?

There''s a sodding "e" after the "s" and before the "a" you retard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was originally impressed when you Googled it''s meaning but you''ve rather spoilt the effect with your sloppy spelling.