Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

I predict a tonking for us on Tuesday night

Just seen that Jens and Holty will be missing on Tuesday.  Now I am not a pessimist at all, but I really do think we''ll lose by at least 2 goals.  They are both so key for us this season, I just can''t see Cody and Martin doing the biz for us up front and we all know how useless Nelson is.  I think it''s a real shame.  I would fancy us beating Leeds in the final as well!

I wouldn''t have thought so. Southampton will probably be resting a few players as well.To be honest I don''t particularly care if we lose anyway. Would prefer a win I suppose to keep confidence high and a half decent payday at wembley would be handy, but it hardly matters really does it

Wow! if you''re not pessimistic, and that''s what you prediction...?

I can see it going to Pens again if we dont play Nelson, if we do, it will be a 3-1 loss I am afraid.

If we were to beat Southampton then we would only have to beat either Hereford or MK Dons over 2 legs to get to Wembley.

Just getting to the final is worth over half a million quid for each club so I hope that we put out the strongest possible team to try to beat Southampton. We could use the money to strengthen the team for the promotion push.

Southampton play away to Leeds on Saturday.

I would be gutted it Southampton and Norwich both put out weaker teams on Tuesday night and we lost.

All depends what team the saints turn out. If they do a first 11  then i fancy them to win as they are in great form and have home advantage whilst we will be significantly weaker with Holt and askew out. If they ring the changes then it could be a close game and one for our fringe players to stake a claim

Ooooh! While I think we should go for an all out to win the JPT, especially for money. Would people rather we lost to Saints, but they beat Leeds on Saturday and we win. Or Beat Saints and Leeds win and we draw on Saturday...?

A tanking is likely. If Askou is missing, the Doc won''t be quite the same force, and I can see us shipping 3 or 4 goals. If Holty is missing, I can''t see us scoring ( -I know that we did get 3 on Saturday without his name on the score sheet, but he created the first out of nothing.)On the other hand if Soton fancy their chances of a much higher league position, and they are rising fast, who knows whom they might rest

There wont be no tonkings on Tuesday lol, first half against tranmere was shit, and you lot are that much better than them, I would rather AP went all out for win as theres no guarantee of getting a play off place anyways..

was just thinking the same, fearing seeing the Doc and Nelson in the same back 2, yes i like them as players, but only when paired with JBAskou.Up front, i think we''ll have chances but will see a lot less of the ball up there and our chances will have to be short snappy moves, we''ve still got the players to cause problems, but we also have the defence to cause ourselves problems!

[quote user="becclesboy"]I reckon a Saints full side will take us to cleaners no matter who we got in the side.[/quote]

They wouldn''t. They didn''t a few weeks ago and we played pretty porrly down there to be honest. We are more than a match for thme at full strength. If Nelson plays thoygh we are f*8ked!

Hi guys, Saints fan here! Hoping tonight will be a good game. Looks like David Connolly is out with a knock he picked up saturday and Chris Perry will be rested as he''s getting old now! haha. Thought the league game was close and that both teams have goals in them. Best of luck for tonight anyway, cheers. Neil

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="becclesboy"]I reckon a Saints full side will take us to cleaners no matter who we got in the side.[/quote]

They wouldn''t. They didn''t a few weeks ago and we played pretty porrly down there to be honest. We are more than a match for thme at full strength. If Nelson plays thoygh we are f*8ked!

[/quote]

Oh, how can you say that Jim ? Sainst won the first half and we won the 2nd half fair and square. good, fast football played by both sides.

IMHO, if we play tonight like we did at Yeovil then we will take a bit of a hammering, I''m afraid.