Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Colu_Tristan"]

Like being unveiled as Norwich''s manager the next morning despite his ''resignation'' being acknowledged as received, but not accepted.

[/quote]You''ve been watching too much TV if you believe a resignation can be accepted or refused. You should be looking at Lamberts contract with yourselves to see what restitution you are entitled to, not chasing his next employers.(Unless of course you have proof we induced him to resign but the behaviour of your club suggests you don''t).[/quote]erm, so your chaiman phones us and asks if they can appointed Lambert without interview, our chairman says no, tells Lambert about it, Lambert then resigns and is Norwich manager the next morning. I think that evidence will suffice![/quote]

Ah, so the truth outs. "your chaiman phones us and asks if they can appointed Lambert without interview". Up to Col U. They can tell Norwich to get stuffed at that point - but they didnt

"our chairman says no, tells Lambert about it" - so we DIDNT tap him up. Your chairman told Lambert about the offer, Norwich didnt approach him. Lambert has worked with McNally before and decides he has a better chance of making a name for himself at Carrow Road and RESIGNS. If thats the evidence, then I agree it will suffice in proving no case to answer

Without wanting to go through the whole boring episode, I am curious as to why a football club should want to make possibly the most important appointment it can make without actually speaking to the candidate concerned. This seems to me to be the biggest pointer of all that some communication had already occured between Norwich and Mr Lambert.

Anyway the suits will sort it, we''ll get some money, you won''t lose any points (apart from the 3 we''ll take from you on the 16th of course).

[quote user="colufan"]

Without wanting to go through the whole boring episode, I am curious as to why a football club should want to make possibly the most important appointment it can make without actually speaking to the candidate concerned. This seems to me to be the biggest pointer of all that some communication had already occured between Norwich and Mr Lambert.

Anyway the suits will sort it, we''ll get some money, you won''t lose any points (apart from the 3 we''ll take from you on the 16th of course).

[/quote]McNally knew Lambert from Celtic and came on Martin O''Neill''s recommendation. Another pal of our chief exec.....

I''m not reading through all these postings but there are two main points as far as I''m concerned.

1) Apart from the initial conversations between the two clubs, If one party has written threatening to ''take you to court'' it is advisable and indeed is usual not to respond and certainly you do not start replying to letters from that party or entering into any conversation.

2) The Col U chairman may be a big tough boy (Ooo scary Mr Cam!) but he is not coming out of this very well. He could well be charged with incitement although I appreciate he is just on one big ego trip and he''s had his ball taken away. Didums!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]I ask you again Cam (for the 5th time with no reply thus far), do you not find your chairmans behaviour both juvenile and embarrassing? That statement sounds like it came from the brain of a 5 year old!![/quote]

No I don''t find his behaviour either juvenile or embarrassing.  It is the behaviour of a person who believes that the previous fine record of Norwich City in straight, by the book of rules dealings appears to have gone completely out of the window since the arrival of the all singing, all dancing Billy Big Thingies PLC.  Your attempt to ignore all the rules in acquiring Mr Lambert and Co and then to compound it by most unprofessional conduct in refusing, three times, to hold meetings at either CEO or Chairman level to see whether the matter might be resolved has led to a complete breakdown between the officials of the two clubs.

The fact that this may impinge on both sets of fans is, frankly, a by-product.  The breakdown is between the club officials.  I don''t think Norwich have ever been called before a Disciplinary Commission have they?  The fact that the Football League agree to hold one is only taken after an outline of the complaining clubs "evidence" is considered (they then have to submit the detail within 28 days) so it means at the very least the FL believe there is a case for Norwich to answer.  As you have refused to discuss it with us, aside from one meeting very early between the two CEO''s, we are left to take it to a meeting you CANNOT refuse to attend.

You have received the maximum allocation in full.  As others have explained, Leeds is very much a special case as many of our family supporters are unhappy with their general reputation and we lose a lot of family support at home games involving them.  It also caused considerable trouble among the home fans who were moved from their seats to accommodate them and that may well be a lesson learned by the Board. 

It is my view that the intransigence of your senior officials, particularly in declining on three occasions to even meet with us to discuss the situation, contributed in a major way to this situation.  There are many other matters not in the public domain but which will no doubt arise during the Disciplinary Commission hearing.

Simply put Billy Big Thingies PLC has met a seasoned East London boy (one of eight kids, dad worked down the Docks) who, in his own words, is "a bit of a street fighter."    Game on, chaps, or a "little scrimmage" as I believe you call it up there.

As to loss of money (if very much), I''m sure the Cowling family can absorb that one.  They are the only shareholders so what they say goes.  We don''t have much truck with this majority nonsense.  There aren''t any others.

You are certainly on the right track in boycotting the refreshments.  The beer was far better at Layer Road.[;)]

[/quote]

Cam I think this is one of the first times I''ve seen you get a bit arsey with people on here. "Billy Big Thingies plc"?

Fact is that Colchester fans claim that they have a far better manager in Boothroyd. Whether thats a sour-grapes sods law feeling or genuine, only you know. Fact is that Boothroyd has kept you up in the playoffs, whether Lambert would have done the same is purely conjecture

Likewise we have a manager that dragged us up from bottom of the league (effectively) to knocking on the door of the top 2.

Youre happy, we''re happy. Aside from being the local derby for both sides this year, which will always lead to antagonism, I think we need to both stick to Ipswich bashing

We all know that its unlikely to be proved Norwich ''tapped up'' Lambert, although their behaviour was not particularly good. I think its a case of our CEO and your Chairman being two hard cases, neither determined to give an inch. Lambert walked at the end of the day, and modern employment legislation means that hes entitled to do so. Should there have been some sort of garden leave? Depends what was in Lamberts Colchester contract. Lets face it, he''s not exactly meek mild & clueless either

The outcome? Honestly think that the case will be unproved for tapping up, Norwich will be found to have been unprofessional in their negotiations. Likely fine or suspended fine with any points deduction either ruled out or suspended. We get a smack bottom, Colchester can claim that the League only looks after the big boys but theres nothing they can do, honour (from the point of view of actions available to take) satisfied. Both sides can get on with laughing at Ipswich

Mcnally knew Lambert already. Mcnally is also big pals with Martin O''Neill who recommended him to us. Paul Lambert and Martin O''Neil are mates. Delia listens to O''Neill and it would not surprise me at all if O''Neill backed up Lamberts recommendations.

Anyway i''m still unclear what we are accused of here. i was under the impression that we had been reported for failing to agree compensation and not any sort of illegal approach. Perhaps camulc*nt can clarify that for me?

The main gist of this thread though is that whatever the rights and wrongs of the Lambert situation, Cowling is acting in an inflamatory and irresponsible manner starting with the slagging us off in the press and asking for points deductions and continuing today with his little rant. He has turned what would have no doubt been a fairly lively encounter into a bit of a powerkeg and into the bargain has added to the powderkeg by ensuring that Norwich fans will be in the home ends come January 15th. If there is trouble then in my mind he will have to take a share of the blame.

as for the Leeds being a "special situatiion" thats just rubbish. Cowling even said it was highly unusual for him not to let an away side have the extra tickets but for this one game he was not going to allow it. 

"Therefore, on this occasion, I will do everything in my power to

stack whatever odds I can in our favour and if that does mean an empty

seat rather than an away supporter then so be it."Come on Col Who fans, admit it, your chairman is a dick!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]"Therefore, on this occasion, I will do everything in my power to

stack whatever odds I can in our favour and if that does mean an empty

seat rather than an away supporter then so be it."Come on Col Who fans, admit it, your chairman is a dick![/quote]

why will they admit, they are all dicks too. essex pricks all full of gloat...THEY ARE THE 2ND SCUM IMO

[quote user="colufan"]

[/quote]

Agree with that entirely, very reasoned sensible post. Any Norwich fan who thinks we''re totally innocent here is in denial, we certainly haven''t been, contrary to previous posts I made here which were in jest, but as the fella says, we''ll pay some Compo and that''ll be that.

Only thing the bloke got wrong was that he thinks his team are beating us on the 16th ;)

If anyone has ever wondered why football stadiums of any club are not natural recruiting grounds for Mensa you need only read the posts on this and a couple of Colchester boards.  Some reason attempts to prevail but it''s roughly the equivalent of the opposing keepers goal kick routine.

As an aside, and it''s only that, when Culvers and Gary (What the Hell Does He Do) Karsa walked out on matchday morning were they just fed up with Paul going or did they think they had a job to go to?  Those are two people you didn''t ask for permission to speak to and both were under contract.[:P]

A third random element is that you can''t guarantee the blazers getting it right from the point of view of either club.  Of what little I''ve seen of the Disciplinary Commission they seem to make the rules up as they go along.

All agreed on a feisty atmosphere I assume?

As Camuldonum points out his team''s Chairman, Mr Cowling, is from East London and is a '' bit of a street fighter ''.

Just as well he''s not a delicate flower then as there''ll be plenty of naughty words for him to listen to in the songs that the Norwich fans will sing about him at Cuckoo Farm......

If anyone has ever wondered why football stadiums of any club are not natural recruiting grounds for Mensa you need only read the posts on this and a couple of Colchester boards.  Some reason attempts to prevail but it''s roughly the equivalent of the opposing keepers goal kick routine.

As an aside, and it''s only that, when Culvers and Gary (What the Hell Does He Do) Karsa walked out on matchday morning were they just fed up with Paul going or did they think they had a job to go to?  Those are two people you didn''t ask for permission to speak to and both were under contract.[:P]

A third random element is that you can''t guarantee the blazers getting it right from the point of view of either club.  Of what little I''ve seen of the Disciplinary Commission they seem to make the rules up as they go along.

All agreed on a feisty atmosphere I assume?

[/quote]You say a lot of fancy book learning words yet manage to say f**k all.Why do you come here exactly? I, myself have never even visited a rival fan''s forum.

[quote user="Seven One"]Then you have never lived my friend.... be wild get on a rivals site and have your say[/quote]I don''t really care enough about rival teams to be arsed.And have no interest in just going there to see who can p*ss the highest.All opinions at the end of the day.

[quote user="Seven One"]Is that all, down here in Essex we can piss at least 1.70 metres[/quote]

I think you''ll find Ex-Norwich Resident is "down here in Essex"......

Lol, yeah, you''re massive, aren''t you?Theres a fine line between loyalty and just supporting a really shit team because your dad did.

[quote user="Ex Norwich Resident"]A really * team hey?

1[/quote]Feel free to check league position, anyone below Norwich is classed as really shit.Glad we could clear that up.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, yeah, you''re massive, aren''t you?

Theres a fine line between loyalty and just supporting a really shit team because your dad did.
[/quote]

Dunno.  Don''t you have supporters who follow Norwich because their Dad did?  If not, what''s with all the babywear in the club shop?

[:|]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, yeah, you''re massive, aren''t you?Theres a fine line between loyalty and just supporting a really shit team because your dad did.[/quote]

Dunno.  Don''t you have supporters who follow Norwich because their Dad did?  If not, what''s with all the babywear in the club shop?

[:|]

[/quote]I really have no idea.And it''s probably our way of recruiting the fans young. Hence our 19,000 season ticket holders.