Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Snow?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think we''ll play today, I''m in Eaton and it''s a bright clear sky here with nothing murky around.  Plus we have undersoil heating, so the only reason to call it off would be travel to/from the game.  Given that Carrow Road is virtually part of the ring road, I think we''ll be okay.  I''m 90% the game will go ahead.[/quote]

Me too (in Eaton that is) - so much change in an hour - I was being blinded by the sun at 9am.

I can see the game being called off

Pablo - any chance of answering dhickl''s question about the Prince Charles thing?

I''ve tried googling this ''story'' about the lightbulb but can''t find any trace of it anywhere.

[quote user="Metatron"]Pablo - any chance of answering dhickl''s question about the Prince Charles thing? I''ve tried googling this ''story'' about the lightbulb but can''t find any trace of it anywhere.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn''t realise somebody had asked a question in this thread. I have to admit it was a tabloid newspaper story (Mirror). If my memory serves me correctly, the piece was written (this year?) by the respected hack Brian Reade. I can''t imagine Reade would have fabricated the story as I think Charley boy would possibly have considered suing for libel for such an outrageous slur, if it were untrue.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="cityangel"]

Its been a nightmare here on the North Norfolk coast, lost power at 9.30am and it didn''t come back until 11.30am this morning, was bloody freezing

Had about 6 inches of snow here last night but with gale force winds its drifted and we had about a foot surrounding my car, then snowed hard for about an hour this morning.

Hope the roads out here will be cleared tomorrow so I can drive to the game [:(]

[/quote]We''ve had power problems too. Ours went off at 05.45 am this morning and just came on again at 17.45 pm. 12 hours with no heating, hot food & drink and wash & shave.Thanks a lot Electricitie De Frog. How long does it take to brush the snow off the wires anyway?Bah humbug!!! [/quote]

Thats worse than us then because at least our 14 hrs without power included 8 hours asleep in bed. Where abouts are you Penfold?

[/quote]South Norfolk.I had a hot bath, cranked up the heating, but was so cold I really only got warm after going to bed. The infrastructure in this country really is a joke. As soon as we get a little weather outside the normal parameters everything stops working. If it''s humid the lightning will knock out the power supply, if it''s cold the ice or snow will. It happens everytime, without fail. 

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I expect to be sitting with 16 inches of snow over Saturday and Sunday. Nothing unusual about that as a Nor''easter blows in. Nothing unusual either about me clearing that on a very long driveway.

[/quote]

Why not just stock up on supplies and b*ll*cks to the pointless shoveling of snow thats gonna melt soon enough anyway?

Need to get to work or the shops? Fishing waders.

Job done!
[/quote]

Not how it works here Herb. As Houston said, you have to stay on top of it. If you don''t clear it once the winter has started it simply turns to ice. You can''t navigate in and out of the driveway and subsequent snowfalls just compound the problem.

[quote user="cityangel"]Snowing here again if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I have just walked home after a few ales with my mates.....absolutely soaked with snow. Still, 3-0 and I''m chuffed!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Snowing here again if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I have just walked home after a few ales with my mates.....absolutely soaked with snow. Still, 3-0 and I''m chuffed!

[/quote]

Nice to see you "chuffing" and "puffing" Mello.

[quote user="Herman "]Yep,another inch or so.Had to work out in it today,so am sick of the sight of it![/quote]

What area are you in Herman?

Hertfordshire,not far from Stevenage! We''ve had tons of it.4 plus days of snowfall,which is pretty rare these days!

[quote user="Herman "]Hertfordshire,not far from Stevenage! We''ve had tons of it.4 plus days of snowfall,which is pretty rare these days![/quote]

We''ve had loads here on the North Norfolk coast too but the sun was shining today so the main roads are now more slushy than snowy.

Sleeting now but no snow as yet, fingers crossed.

Thought I''d bring this up to find out what its like where you are and who''s got the most snow? [:)]

Only had a light dusting of snow overnight in North Norfolk and its been sleeting/raining since 7am, main roads are all clear.

Have had light snow overnight in Lynn, and has been snowing since just before 8 this morning. Main roads fine, but only bus routes have been gritted, so there are some interesting conditions in places!

I''ve really had enough of this now!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]OK, I meant snowing.  I haven''t sown anything.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Inchy, I was worried that a female pig might have been involved.....[:$]

Happy New Year mate![:D]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="crowey66"]Ilove the snow to,bcos it makes my garden look the same as everyone''s garden[/quote]

Great post!![Y]
[/quote]

And it covers cats poo too!

[/quote]

Slightly off topic maybe, but why does dog poo not turn white these days like it used to when I was a kid???? [^o)]

[/quote]

I had to laugh out loud when I read this because I have wondered about this too, not often I hasten to add, but it has crossed my mind from time to time !

Light snow just south of Attleborough...been falling for about an hour now.

I think we are due something a bit heavier later though.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Light snow just south of Attleborough...been falling for about an hour now.

I think we are due something a bit heavier later though.

[/quote]

No fresh snow in shipmeadow, just a heavy frost

Forecast for the coming week is not good (well i personally love the snow) but from a football perspective, not promising, heavy snow could fall at anytime, and possibly alot on Saturday???