Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Where are the Colchester fans tonight?

Seeing as we had a gloating Colchester fan on here last Saturday, just thought I''d inquire that poster how his village team got on this evening? Still firing up the league are we? And how''s the goal difference at the moment considering you had a 12 goal swing your way after the first game. What''s that? We''ve got a better goal difference now? Maybe that''s because you''re a village team and you''re going nowhere this season!

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Seeing as we had a gloating Colchester fan on here last Saturday, just thought I''d inquire that poster how his village team got on this evening? Still firing up the league are we? And how''s the goal difference at the moment considering you had a 12 goal swing your way after the first game. What''s that? We''ve got a better goal difference now? Maybe that''s because you''re a village team and you''re going nowhere this season!

Their computers are all broken as they had to go to Ipswich to buy them

[/quote]

[/quote]

One Colchester fan is here as all know.  You had a stylish win away tonight and we did not.  But it is December (I think) and I am very happy with Colchester and with Aidy.  Personally, I am not expecting Col Who? to go up this year (unlike many of the Col Who official board).  However, I think him possibly the best Manager since Benny Fenton and Phil Parkinson and as long as we give a decent account of ourselves for the rest of the season I will be well satisfied.

As many of you love Norwich I love my "village team" to pieces.  I also don''t have any arguments with our current Board so I would claim that I love my village club to pieces more than you love your Billy Big Thingies club to pieces.  So there! [;)]

Not into gloating so far as I know.  Little experience of it following Colchester and Lincoln City.  In other walks of life it can sometimes be dangerous territory I have found.

I should think the majority of Col U fans are just getting in from Brentford having caught the 1130 Liverpool St train

I think Col U will be around the top 6 at the end of the season - Boothroyd is a good manager although I dont agree totally with Cams sentiments - I think your previous manager is better

I encountered some very smug colchester fans at  liverpool street who started chanting 7-1 at me. I just said we won 3-0 tonight and that we were now above them. They diddnt know that and went very quite after that

Possibly the Colchester fans are busy scratching their heads as they get used to the new style Colchester team. A comment in the report from their match against Brentford stated, "Brentford dominated possession with some slick passing football in a contrast of styles to Colchester''s more direct approach to big strikers Clive Platt and John White."

Sounds like Boothroyd is starting to influence the situation. Should be an interesting scenario for them for the balance of the season as they may start to slip back. HOOFBALL!! Once the Colchester board twigs they may ask us for more compensation. [:D]

[quote user="seby1991"]I encountered some very smug colchester fans at  liverpool street who started chanting 7-1 at me. I just said we won 3-0 tonight and that we were now above them. They diddnt know that and went very quite after that
[/quote]

We bumped into some Colchester fans on the concourse at Liverpool Street before we got the train to Southend. A few of them walked past and no-one really noticed them, until they started singing 7-1, but even then we didn''t notice them.

They had decided to start singing at us from the safety of behind the huge notice boards so we couldn''t see where they were.

We were all really impressed by their bravery and singing.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="seby1991"]I encountered some very smug colchester fans at  liverpool street who started chanting 7-1 at me. I just said we won 3-0 tonight and that we were now above them. They diddnt know that and went very quite after that
[/quote]

We bumped into some Colchester fans on the concourse at Liverpool Street before we got the train to Southend. A few of them walked past and no-one really noticed them, until they started singing 7-1, but even then we didn''t notice them.

They had decided to start singing at us from the safety of behind the huge notice boards so we couldn''t see where they were.

We were all really impressed by their bravery and singing.

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Possibly the Colchester fans are busy scratching their heads as they get used to the new style Colchester team. A comment in the report from their match against Brentford stated, "Brentford dominated possession with some slick passing football in a contrast of styles to Colchester''s more direct approach to big strikers Clive Platt and John White."[/quote]

John White? [:S] Isn''t he a full-back?

Should we (and Colchester) REALLY be winding each other up and building up this big faux rivalry?

As far as I''m concerned, if clubs like them can keep Franchise FC and a few of the other clubs in L1 that have ideas above their station down or otherwise blunt their hopes-hopefully we are not one of them-then good luck to them and if we go up, with Leeds, I hope they win the play-off!

[quote user="Barclay hero"]I should think the majority of Col U fans are just getting in from Brentford having caught the 1130 Liverpool St train I think Col U will be around the top 6 at the end of the season - Boothroyd is a good manager although I dont agree totally with Cams sentiments - I think your previous manager is better[/quote]

route 1 [;)] not a good manager!

[/quote] Do you not think they deserve their bit of fun? After all we did steal their manager! I remember how pi$$ed i was when Everton took Mike Walker and how every week i would look for their result to see if they lost, Was gutted they stayed up last day of the season! Good luck to Col U i hope we go up in top 2 and they do it in the play offs.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] Do you not think they deserve their bit of fun? After all we did steal their manager! I remember how pi$$ed i was when Everton took Mike Walker and how every week i would look for their result to see if they lost, Was gutted they stayed up last day of the season! Good luck to Col U i hope we go up in top 2 and they do it in the play offs.[/quote]

Yes, let''s just ingore their chairman constantly bleeting in the press about how we should be deducted points...

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] Do you not think they deserve their bit of fun? After all we did steal their manager! I remember how pi$$ed i was when Everton took Mike Walker and how every week i would look for their result to see if they lost, Was gutted they stayed up last day of the season! Good luck to Col U i hope we go up in top 2 and they do it in the play offs.[/quote]

TBF he resigned, then we employed him, hardly stealing [:)]

I agree that we shouldn''t get drawn into a petty rivalry with Col Who...

Because they are one of the most PATHETIC, SMALL-TIME clubs in all four divisions. We should treat them like the scum do with complete insignificance. Clowns like Cowling thrive on the baiting....let them wallow in their tin-pot plastic stadium. I''m more concerned with Leeds, Soton and Charlton in Div 3.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] I think our fingerprints are all over it though!!

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Yes, let''s just ingore their chairman constantly bleeting in the press about how we should be deducted points...

[/quote] Here is an idea try READING what i posted! I was talking about the fans not the relationship between the clubs.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] Here is an idea try READING what i posted! I was talking about the fans not the relationship between the clubs.[/quote]

What''s the difference?

There were a couple of their fans (presumably their entire away support) at Liverpool Street last night apparently, presumably on their way to their loss at Brentford.

Seemed to be singing 7-1 at Norwich fans; presumably oblivious to the fact that was one of the best results in our history (as far as I am concerned) as it got rid of Gunn.

Without it we''d be plummeting towards div 4 and wouldn''t have pinched their manager.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] I think our fingerprints are all over it though!![/quote]

My point still stands, he resigned, we then employed him [:D]

If we had tapped him up, as some fans had said in the past few months then I believe ColU would have gone to the big boys screaming and kicking a lot faster.

[quote user="dizgoo"]  The OP was about Col U fans coming on here gloating that we lost which is just banter from them cos we nicked their man was nothing to do with their chairmans demands.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] Here is an idea try READING what i posted! I was talking about the fans not the relationship between the clubs.[/quote]

What''s the difference?

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

If we had tapped him up, as some fans had said in the past few months then I believe ColU would have gone to the big boys screaming and kicking a lot faster.

[/quote] Oh i see! After a fantastic start to the season getting Col U into the top 6 and beating us 7-1 Lambert and his staff decide they can take Col U no further and resign! By pure coincidence we are looking for a new manager at the time and he is appointed without anyone else being interviewed!! Anyone got OJ Simpsons Lawyers number![:)]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JF"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote] Oh i see! After a fantastic start to the season getting Col U into the top 6 and beating us 7-1 Lambert and his staff decide they can take Col U no further and resign! By pure coincidence we are looking for a new manager at the time and he is appointed without anyone else being interviewed!! Anyone got OJ Simpsons Lawyers number![:)][/quote]

You seem to know the ins and outs of exactly what went on!!! Where did you get your info/facts from?

Colchester United are a very well run little club who have my admiration for continually making the very most of their limited resources. This is not meant to be in any way condescending. They punch above their weight and deserve our respect.

The relationship between the two clubs has always been fine, with some notable dealings in the past. This  is enhanced by a mutual dislike of you know who.

It is a pity that everything has been discoloured by the ravings of their chairman, since Paul Lambert''s defection to us.

Yes, they deserve reasonable compensation, but trying to get a points deduction is below the belt and is shortsighted because, in the long run,

they need us more than we need them. This may well prove to be the case when they will soon lose Lisbie back to Ipswich and when they will be looking for a temporary fix, such as our Jamie would provide. 

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Who cares about a poxy little club like Col U anyway - they only have about six fans? Always crap on the old blue and white![/quote]

I cannot imagine any Colchester fan being seriously hurt by jibes about a small club.  We are what we are and I think the core supporters are pretty okay with that just as Norwich supporters are pretty okay with being a big club.

For the record (and as a feed to the EDP because the EADT will probably have missed it) here is what Steve (our CEO) had to say on the record  tonight  on our radio programme about the "Norwich situation":

"The presenter asked him if he could say anything about the Norwich "situation" and here is what he said: "Yes, we''ve no secrets about it. We have recently gone to the Football League on four counts - three of breaking contracts with no kind of notice and an improper approach by Norwich City. I have no personal argument with Norwich but I think they made two terrible mistakes although no doubt they do not think that what they did was wrong. The second mistake was in thinking that we were just going to roll over and accept it. We have tried to have informal meetings over the matter but we are miles apart. There will now be hearing in January although no date has been finalised when we would hope to get damages and a possible points deduction. We don''t want to lose our relationship with Norwich but something is very clearly wrong and needs to be redressed." Asked if he thought the tribunal hearing might be in the same week as the home game v Norwich, Steve said: "I don''t think the Football League will let that happen." The guess seemed to be that any hearing would be on a date after that game, possibly the following week.