Sign in to follow this  
canaryjock

Mr Lambert - I'm loving it

Just catching up on the highlights and post-match interviews from the other night and thought I''d comment on the fact that every time I hear PL being interviewed, I''m finding myself being more and more impressed. I know that he often says the right things (praising the fans, complimenting the youths etc) but it''s those types of comments that really get people on side. It really is pleasing to have a man in charge who, from the outside anyway, seems to be a very good man-manager as well as being keen to give youth a chance rather than spending money that we struggle to find on uncommitted loanees.

He seems to have a good rapport with the media as well which will obviously stand him in good stead if/when we go through a sticky patch. So far so good Mr L! [Y]

I too continue to be more and more impressed by PL with every passing week. I truely believe that we may have unearthed a manager with real ability and what a refreshing change that makes after the previous 2 or 3 appointments

Long may it continue

i can never get over the permanently sad look on Lamberts face.. even after a good win, its like his puppy just died every week!

I''m convinced of his potential too. He''s creating an atmosphere of confidence around the place and he knows how to deal with the press,... But I bet he would like some cash in the transfer kitty!

Whenever I can work out what he''s said after I''ve asked the world to "Sssshhhhh I''m trying to listen to the manager" and upped the volume, shut my eyes to concentrate and cupped my ear I do think I agree with you canaryjock. Any chance with your connection that you could subtitle for an old deaf Norfolk boy?

I have to hold my hands up and say that I didn''t know much of him (apart frmo 7-1) and I wanted Coppell or Robins to come in.

But yes he has won me around by his clear professionalism he has. He (and his staff) have got them well drilled, and looking better at the back. They are clearly a lot fitter than with the previous regime and they know the tactics of the team they are playing.

for once in a long time we have a team who are playing like a team . with the fans thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread all is looking good in the canary household . even the fans (going by how people are being on here ) are finding common ground .less frustration and some form of harmony . i have to take my hat off to the man for once the norwich board look as if they have found a diamond manager who has the best interests at heart for all concerned for players and fans alike .

hopefully this man can bring back the glory days at carrow road .

as much as i dont like how gunn was treated mcnally has shown his worth by making such a swift move for him .

well done to all concerned in this appointment .eary days yes but its starting to look very good for us .

I''m feeling confident that he will get us promoted and have us challenging in the Championship top six next year if he can keep this squad together. A bit of money will help, but I don''t think we will need that much with a man that appears able to turn everything to gold. .

[quote user="paul moy"]I''m feeling confident that he will get us promoted and have us challenging in the Championship top six next year if he can keep this squad together. A bit of money will help, but I don''t think we will need that much with a man that appears able to turn everything to gold. .[/quote]

It''s perhaps a wee bitty early to start making predictions like that however, fair play, we can all dream. [;)]

It''s an interesting point re the board too. I think we finally have a board who are financially astute and who won''t allow what money we have to be wasted frivolously. Ultimately, the final decision in terms of player procurement comes from the manager however they have done their homework and appointed someone they trust and who they believe will make as much use of the playing budget as possible. I know that they''ve often been criticised on here (and at times rightly so) but if/when Smith and Jones move on, their parting legacy will be their search and appointment of forward-thinking board members (particularly McNally IMO) who in turn were responsible for bringing PL to the club.

I''m very much a Lambert fan. He''s got the team performing, and also blooding the fringe footballers to see what they''re about.

I expect that due to our meteoric rise into the top-six of the First Division, other interested clubs will be giving admiring glances towards our ''Lambo''....

Will he remain long enough achieve his/our targets and continue to see us climb to upper echelons? It didn''t take much to entice him from his previous employers....Or, if a more lucrative offer is tabled from a ''bigger club'' will his ambitious streak once again, entice him away to better things?.....Because, he''s more than likely proving himself to curious and impressed onlookers from other more successful clubs.

It depends how much support and backing from our board is forthcoming, I suppose?

It would be a travesty if the cash cupboard''s bare in January.....when a few more ingredients are necessary to put the final topping on the cake....

Here''s hoping....that the board pull out all the stops....and Lambo''s stay isn''t unfortunately, a short-term relationship. 

i think that may depend on if the board match his ambitions . if the board want promotion then they have to realise we need a few more fresh faces in the mix .

we have been lucky so far regarding no long term injuries . we need cover incase this happens .

I think the guy is great! He isn''t full of his own self importance like previous managers have been. I like hearing him speak after games. He isn''t full of tired cliches, and predictable phrases either!

What the guy has done with the players he has inheritated aswell is nothing short of a miracle!

I agree with all these comments.

Lambo I do believe is the real thing but, and it''s a serious but, he has performed miracles in turning average and poor off form players into good and impressive players. He''s been forced to do so because of the lack of supporting finance but if we have to continue like this

I do feel we are pushing our luck even with Lambo and Culverhouse talents.

It is essential that somehow the board backs them in January.

To his eternal credit Lambert was brilliant at the NCISA AGM and was fully supportive of McNasty in the valuation of players and knowing their worth.

It''s all absolutely brilliant at the moment, please, please don''t let events let us down again!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I simply love the guy.............in a manly way you understand, no tongues![+o(][/quote]

lol mate I feel the same about him, been years since a manager has impressed me so much [:)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

"Meteoric rise"??? Weren''t we one of the pre-season favourites for this league?

I think Lambert is doing a good job, but we are where I would expect us to be. 

[/quote]

Really? So with Gunn, you think we''d be where we are now?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

"Meteoric rise"??? Weren''t we one of the pre-season favourites for this league?

I think Lambert is doing a good job, but we are where I would expect us to be. 

[/quote]

Really? So with Gunn, you think we''d be where we are now?

[/quote]

I know it seems strange, but it''s a yes from me as I put money on us at 6-1 e/w for the title before the 7-1 defeat. The bottom line is that it is players that win trophies and I have always had faith in our youngsters, having stated last season that relegation could be a blessing in disguise as it allows us to blood our youngsters. Gunn also signed Holt, which I''m sure everybody will agree was our best signing since Ashton.  Lambert arriving has been the ''icing on the cake''.

this is what i cant understand . gunn signs askou , holt decided to keep martin sign hughes , keep hold of hoolihan , give dury another crack . and the players i have mentioned have all done very well . fair enough theo was a bad egg but other than that i cant see that lambert is a miracle worker when the ingredients had been put in place before hand .

players dont turn rubbish overnight .and the colchester game was the worst game i have seen but people seem to be forgetting before gunn was sacked we went away from home and won 4-0 . to manage to pull players up from the nightmare i saw takes some doing . knee jerk reaction by the board but saying that lambert is the right man for the job. what i saw in pre season i was optimistic anyway . we beat crystal palace away wigan . im not saying gunn was a brilliant manager .i think he was used a a scape goat to be honest .he was left with a big task last season a team full of failling loan players .with no money to spend apart from coddy mcdonald for 25 grand .

you have to ask yourself this if lambert took over the team we had last year would he have kept us up . i think that would be a different story to be honest as i think even lambert as good as he is would have struggled to get anything out of players that dont belong to us and did not want to be here .

There is some truth in what you say singing canary and I agree to some extent. I didn''t like how Gunn was treated and wasn''t convinced that Lambert''s record was as good as being represented. I was however, prepared to be convinced. I wasn''t happy that he dropped Wes, how he treated Doc, and some other decisions, but he had to have time to get to know the players etc. I believe he is going from strength to strength and proving his worth.

We will never know what Gunny could have done but I doubt that we would be matching our current form. What I do know singing canary with absolute certainty is that it is history and your point is not worth you worrying about. Enjoy the good times while you can and long may they continue

[quote user="singing canary"]

this is what i cant understand . gunn signs askou , holt decided to keep martin sign hughes , keep hold of hoolihan , give dury another crack . and the players i have mentioned have all done very well . fair enough theo was a bad egg but other than that i cant see that lambert is a miracle worker when the ingredients had been put in place before hand .

players dont turn rubbish overnight .and the colchester game was the worst game i have seen but people seem to be forgetting before gunn was sacked we went away from home and won 4-0 . to manage to pull players up from the nightmare i saw takes some doing . knee jerk reaction by the board but saying that lambert is the right man for the job. what i saw in pre season i was optimistic anyway . we beat crystal palace away wigan . im not saying gunn was a brilliant manager .i think he was used a a scape goat to be honest .he was left with a big task last season a team full of failling loan players .with no money to spend apart from coddy mcdonald for 25 grand .

you have to ask yourself this if lambert took over the team we had last year would he have kept us up . i think that would be a different story to be honest as i think even lambert as good as he is would have struggled to get anything out of players that dont belong to us and did not want to be here .

[/quote]

Charlton 4 Norwich 2
Norwich 1 Colchester 7 (seven)

That tells you all you need to know about Bryan Gunn. A total, and utter, disaster.

God Almighty, I can''t believe your reasoning singing canary.

I could argue with every point you raise but I won''t. Just two - Holt was a target for Lambert when he was at Colchester - Gunn was such a brilliant manager that he is now working for a telephone company.

If Gunn had any thought for the club he would have been honest with himself and not applied for the job after the Barnsley job. His decision along side a weak and ignorant board condemned us to League One. Legend? Nope Chancer? Yep. Sorry to be so blunt!

Sorry mate, I appreciate your point of view but it''s that opinion that left us where we were at the beginning of this season - a bloody joke.

Now we are well respected football club again - Hoorah!!

[quote user="paul moy"]I''m feeling confident that he will get us promoted and have us challenging in the Championship top six next year if he can [/quote] somehow sell the League One journeymen Gunny brought in and who aren''t going to ever get within sniffing distance of the Championship top six, and buy eleven new players to go with the half-decent ones we''ve got.

[quote user="singing canary"]yep your right . lambert is a great manager but he took over a ready made team that is capable of getting out of this leauge anyway before he even started .[/quote]Back to bed, Junior.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]As a manager he is the opposite of Bryan Gunn - and you don''t get much better than that. Why it took us 4 years to find a proper manager I will never know.[/quote]This is what a chief exec with balls gets you.  None of this "who''s available for hire?" (i.e. "who has failed somewhere else, been sacked, and is waiting for a job?") - no, instead they went out and poached the right man from a lesser (sorry, Cam) club.  Proper cut-throat business.

[quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

To cook a baked honey mustard chicken you will need the following ingredients:

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup prepared mustard

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

I am not going to bother you with the recipe, but you need to accept that Gunn could not cut the mustard..

Merry Xmas