Sign in to follow this  
ca

Soccer am scariest moments winner is ..............

Delia with her let''s be aving you rant. They showed a close up of her face as she was shouted out ''''Where are yeh, lets be aving you'''' and she won.

Will we ever live that down - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

For all the good things she''s done for us (yes, I''ll admit at first, she did) it fitting now that the nation only remembers her (and City!) for that drunken half time rant!

Oh the shame...........she must go.[:@]

I cringe every time I see it but seriously people, it''s not the only thing people think of when they think of us. We''ve broad enough shoulders to carry it. Loads of teams have ''those'' moments. Ours is - admittedly - a millstone but...

I think it was very funny and showed her passion for the club.  And let''s face it, we''ve all done daft things when we have over-indulged....

[quote user="Dicky"]I think it was very funny and showed her passion for the club.  And let''s face it, we''ve all done daft things when we have over-indulged....[/quote]And in front of 24,000 people and live on television to an audience of a few hundred thousand more?  No, sorry, this was the moment she embarrassed herself, the whole club and all of its supporters who still, six years on, have to endure "let''s be having you!" taunts from fans of other clubs.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Dicky"]I think it was very funny and showed her passion for the club.  And let''s face it, we''ve all done daft things when we have over-indulged....[/quote]

And in front of 24,000 people and live on television to an audience of a few hundred thousand more?  No, sorry, this was the moment she embarrassed herself, the whole club and all of its supporters who still, six years on, have to endure "let''s be having you!" taunts from fans of other clubs.
[/quote]

Lighten up Mister Chops - it was a funny drunken rant.  And as for the "let''s be avin ya" taunts, I hear this sung more by Norwich fans, than by the opposition

I did find it funny at the time, as did most of the people around me. Me and my daughter just looked at eachother, in disbelief really, and laughed. Seeing it later on TV was definitely cringeworthy, far more embarrassing than at the game.

Does anyone remember the game? How we''d gone 2-0 up early but pegged back to 2-2 by half time. The atmosphere was very flat and I guess she wanted to lift it. But if anything what she did had an opposite effect.

Personally I was far more embarrassed by Grant, Roeder, Gunn, City''s relegation and our opening day disaster against Colchester than I was by Delia''s little incident. [:P]

You got a point here Lord[Y]

I was more embarrassed by fans cheering opposition goals when we were in the top half of the Champs. But there we are, we are all embarrassed by different things[:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You got a point here Lord[Y]

I was more embarrassed by fans cheering opposition goals when we were in the top half of the Champs. But there we are, we are all embarrassed by different things[:P]

[/quote]Don''t forget that devastating defeat at Craven Cottage. Potentially the most significant fixture of recent times and the team didn''t show up. Still, that Delia rant eh? Awful. [;)]

I don''t think Delia''s half time drunk rant will ever die down, I can''t have conversation with a fan from any other club in England without him/her mentioning the embarrassing incident that took place at Carrow Road against Man City. Just the other day I was having a chat with this guy in a pub who was a huge Bolton fan, and he couldn''t resist giving it the old "where are you, lets be aving ya".The sad thing is were probably more remembered for that infamous moment than our famous win away to Bayern Munich. [:$]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I don''t think Delia''s half time drunk rant will ever die down, I can''t have conversation with a fan from any other club in England without him/her mentioning the embarrassing incident that took place at Carrow Road against Man City. Just the other day I was having a chat with this guy in a pub who was a huge Bolton fan, and he couldn''t resist giving it the old "where are you, lets be aving ya".The sad thing is were probably more remembered for that infamous moment than our famous win away to Bayern Munich. [:$][/quote]Exactly right.

Perhaps we should be thankful that opposition supporters still mock us because of Delia''s outburst. It draws attention away from just how bad the team has played in recent years. [:P]

This is one of the few things i actually like where delia is concerned. She is one of the most passionate owners in football and was trying to help the team by getting the crowd going. I quite like it that away fans taunt us with lets be havin you. As other posters have said surely 7-1 has got to be the worst ncfc moment perhaps in 50 years?

Still think all those fans cheering opposition goals a couple of seasons later was more embarrassing to be honest. 

[/quote]Too right. I found that much harder to stomach, not to mention all the misery which Grant, Roeder and Gunn brought to the club. Far more humiliating than anything Delia did that night. [+o(]

Still think all those fans cheering opposition goals a couple of seasons later was more embarrassing to be honest.

[/quote]

Disgusting would be the more appropriate word to describe that Nutty.

[/quote]

Oh, you mean when Worthington was manager?

Did you remonstrate with those who were applauding opposition goals.....or did you just tut yourself to death?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Did you remonstrate with those who were applauding opposition goals.....or did you just tut yourself to death?

[/quote]

We went 2-0 down to QPR and both goals were cheered by City fans. Some also cheered our goals as we came back to 2-2 which was rather strange. When we scored the winner some celebrated and some left in disgust.

Yes I did have words. Not heated words neither did I involve myself in the fighting that occurred between City fans at that time. In one conversation I had after the game with a guy who wanted us to lose he told me it was because losing would hasten the departure of Worthington whom he didn''t like. I didn''t fall out with anyone and still chat with these fans now. But there are still divisions amongst fans from those days.

That win against QPR put us safely in the top half of the Championship and was our 6th successive home win. We won the next game at Cardiff before returning to Carrow Road for more protests for the last game of the season against Wolves.

So that Man. City game Mello.... did you remosntrate with your friend Delia when she staggered back to her pew after half-time or did you wait to get home to your keyboard[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We went 2-0 down to QPR and both goals were cheered by City fans. Some also cheered our goals as we came back to 2-2 which was rather strange. When we scored the winner some celebrated and some left in disgust.

Yes I did have words. Not heated words neither did I involve myself in the fighting that occurred between City fans at that time. In one conversation I had after the game with a guy who wanted us to lose he told me it was because losing would hasten the departure of Worthington whom he didn''t like. I didn''t fall out with anyone and still chat with these fans now. But there are still divisions amongst fans from those days.

That win against QPR put us safely in the top half of the Championship and was our 6th successive home win. We won the next game at Cardiff before returning to Carrow Road for more protests for the last game of the season against Wolves.

So that Man. City game Mello.... did you remosntrate with your friend Delia when she staggered back to her pew after half-time or did you wait to get home to your keyboard[:^)]

[/quote]

Boo Hoo....Poor old you...Divisions between fans because of ''Lucky Worthy''s tenure.....Did you criticise Delia and the board when they gave Worthy an ultimatum?....No, did you horlicks....and that''s why they love supporters, like you.

Yes, I''ve exchanged words (not through my keyboard worrier fingers) with Delia, Michael and ''some''.....But, that''s my business....

That QPR game, that was our 6th straight win on the trot I seem to remember.  The fans who were cheering the away goals seemed to think that winning wasn''t enough, which was ironic because in the years since then we haven''t won very much at all until quite recently. Admittedly our away form was dire, so maybe we should have played every game in front of baying loons.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]That QPR game, that was our 6th straight win on the trot I seem to remember.  The fans who were cheering the away goals seemed to think that winning wasn''t enough, which was ironic because in the years since then we haven''t won very much at all until quite recently. Admittedly our away form was dire, so maybe we should have played every game in front of baying loons.
[/quote]

You there then?