Sign in to follow this  
Chappers

Leroy Lita

Cant believe that someone hasnt signed Leroy Lita yet! Gunny sign him up! Dont think he would fancy dropping down to league 1 though!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]With Doyle sold, and a new manager in charge, he might just stay where he is?[/quote]How can he stay where he is? He''s a free agent, got released by Reading.

I`ve heard from a very unreliable source (football rumours) that Cardiff City are after him??!!??

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]He''s off to Leicester. Ridiculous thread.[/quote]

We''ll be so lucky, he will go QPR or join Sheff Utd''s 50 strikers no doubt.

£25k a week is a lot of money (£1.3m a year) but he is a quality player worth at least £3m imo so think a club will take the risk in paying him that.  He will score goals in the champ or L1 and will be worth the money.  You could always sell him after a year and make a profit.

[quote user="rjwc22"]£25k a week is a lot of money (£1.3m a year) but he is a quality player worth at least £3m imo so think a club will take the risk in paying him that.  He will score goals in the champ or L1 and will be worth the money.  You could always sell him after a year and make a profit.[/quote]

Sell him to who? If wages are a problem when he''s on a free, I hardly thing a nice big fee on top of that will help.

It was not that long ago that he was scoring for fun and being linked with teams like Everton.  I see no reason why if he came to us and scored 30 that someone like Brum or Boro would not want to take a punt.

I think he will end up somewhere decent or go to a smaller club and move on after recapturing his scoring form.

25k a week is it? Brede Haangeland who was one the best defenders in the prem last season is only on 15k and has been offered 30k by Fulham, does anyone truly believe that Lita''s as valuable a player as him? If it''s true that he''s asking for that much then the mercenary b*stard will be a free agent for a long time. Shows a real lack of touch with reality.

Come to think of it, what team is it that has an arrogant thug for a manager and a shady arms dealer with more money than sense as a backer? I bet they would love the prestige of signing a player with a delusional lack of humility coupled with at best slightly above average talent, it''s a match made in heaven!

Exactly, it''s not that long ago that he was scoring for fun, which indicates there is another reason he''s not being snapped up.

Leicester bound im told. Maybe Hull will put in a late bid as every striker in England seems to be linked with them....then promptly turns them down.

[quote user="Chappers"]Cant believe that someone hasnt signed Leroy Lita yet! Gunny sign him up! Dont think he would fancy dropping down to league 1 though![/quote]

Where the hell are we going to get £2m from?

Stupid thread.

According to the BBC he is in talks with Sheff Utd to sign him.  Lupoli, Evans, Lita - next thing they will be looking to sign up Sibierski!

Chappers   =    Cant believe that someone hasnt signed Leroy Lita yet! Gunny sign him up! Dont think he would fancy dropping down to league 1 though

Delia Out  =   Where the hell are we going to get £2m from?

Stupid thread.

IAAB   =    ha ha he s on a free!!

Am i the only person that wasn''t THAT impressed with him when we had him??

Bar the hattrick against Wolves he didn''t score in too many games.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Are you talking to yourself?!

No way will he come anywhere near us, expect someone like Sheff Utd to snap him up.

[/quote]

Told you ;)

[quote user="rjwc22"]According to the BBC he is in talks with Sheff Utd to sign him.  Lupoli, Evans, Lita - next thing they will be looking to sign up Sibierski![/quote]That''s a promotion winning strike force other than sibi

[quote user="Lambo"]Am i the only person that wasn''t THAT impressed with him when we had him?? Bar the hattrick against Wolves he didn''t score in too many games.[/quote]

Are you Crazy?

He scored 6 goals in 17 games last season whilst he was with us, and was our top scorer even though he was only he for 1/3 of season.

He also scored 4 goals in 8 games for Charlton last season and scored 3 goals in 5 games gor Reading last season, now why weren''t impressed with him?

Fair enough he isn''t tall, but he has got fantastic strength and scores goals wherever he goes.

Oh, and by the way, the answer to ''Am i the only person that wasn''t THAT impressed with him when we had him??'' is a resounding Yes.

Case closed [;)] 

[quote user="Lambo"]Am i the only person that wasn''t THAT impressed with him when we had him?? Bar the hattrick against Wolves he didn''t score in too many games.[/quote]

Possibly.

For me it was the goals against Doncaster and Charlton that really showed off what he can give you. The one against Donnie at the death of the game, got the knock on, was on it like a shot and made no mistake with the finish. And with Charlton, if I remember correctly, the ball came in, he was inbetween two defenders, took it down neatly and again made no mistake.

He''s definitely got some rough edges but his strength, power and pace make him very dangerous at Championship level.