Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Anyone else seriously underwhelmed?

On the face of it we have appointed to the board 2 people who do not apear to bring substantial wealth to the party and who will presumably now not be able to be critical of the club in the same way as they (or in the case of archant their organisation) were previously. On the face of it Delia and MWJ seem to have decided to keep their enemies close and try and ride this one out!

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I''m underwhelemed with Phillips, but I expected McNally and I think that Alan Bowkett is by far the best chairman we could have got realistically.[/quote]

Why would you be underwhelmed with the appointment of 2 very successful business men and an experienced behind the scenes football man. 

This could well be the start of something new and exciting. 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I''m underwhelemed with Phillips, but I expected McNally and I think that Alan Bowkett is by far the best chairman we could have got realistically.[/quote]

Why would you be underwhelmed with the appointment of 2 very successful business men and an experienced behind the scenes football man. 

[/quote]

Do they have some money for us though,not got a clue but seems that they have lots of business skills and no cash?!?!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

I''m only underwhelemed with Phillips because perhaps foolishly I thought someone with a bit more money would have come in...

Expect a greater degree of censorship on here.... and don''t believe a word you read anymore.

It''s a real shame as I was such a devotee of our local papers'' independent standing........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Expect a greater degree of censorship on here.... and don''t believe a word you read anymore.

It''s a real shame as I was such a devotee of our local papers'' independent standing........

[/quote]

On this forum? No chance.

Have to say that I''m disappointeed too having read all the speculation on here this past 2 weeks.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]It''s a real shame as I was such a devotee of our local papers'' independent standing........[/quote]When''s the election?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that no chance of greater censorship?... or not believing word you read?

If it is the former then that is genuinely heartening to know. I have to say I like the "light touch" since the moderation system changed....and if that is down to your influence then you deserve some credit. 

Not really - wasn''t expecting much, so its not really a disappointment.Nor am I surprised that Cluck is vocal again.  This kind of thing is like a sunrise to its father - cue to start crowing.

Another couple of yes men to keep Delia happy.

L2 within 5 years.

Board members need to put money in. The rest is just wallpaper. These two are a total waste of time.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it is the former then that is genuinely heartening to know. I have to say I like the "light touch" since the moderation system changed....and if that is down to your influence then you deserve some credit. 

[/quote]

Apologies - too much sun today - I meant there will be no chance of greater censorship. Why should there be? The code of conduct hasn''t changed.

m dissapointed but will push on supporting the club... buying the merch and and my season ticket just like most other fans and hopefully they will be successfull in there quest to get us back into the championship.... maybe...

Dissapointed that the MD of archant has been given a place... what exactly is all that about?? what is he bringing that the other two dont all ready? Apart from the local press scared to dish any dirt or break a news story (whic in fairness is no different to how it is now).  Any one no if they are putting money in like the turners did? 1 mill each wasnt it for them?

[quote user="Big Dog "]

Another couple of yes men to keep Delia happy.

L2 within 5 years.

Board members need to put money in. The rest is just wallpaper. These two are a total waste of time.

[/quote]

Hahahahaha!! If you think Bowkett is there just as a "Yes man" then you are seriously ill-informed.

Board members of any other company are there to ensure that the company is run as successfully as possible and returns a profit. When they do put moeny in, it is generally in the form of a loan, the Turner''s did it, I believe Delia and MWJ have done it and even Roman Abramovich has done it. Short term gain but in the end you end up more heavily in debt if you are unsucessful and not profitable.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies - too much sun today - I meant there will be no chance of greater censorship. Why should there be? The code of conduct hasn''t changed.

[/quote]

Good man!.... but regarding "codes of conduct"....such codes can be manipulated by all manner of means to fit a particular view should there be pressure.

I''m happy to hear you are largely "with us" and prepared to hold your ground. [Y] 

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good man!.... but regarding "codes of conduct"....such codes can be manipulated by all manner of means to fit a particular view should there be pressure.

I''m happy to hear you are largely "with us" and prepared to hold your ground. [Y] 

[/quote]

Any manipulation of the codes will kill this forum overnight and nobody wants that, so it''s as you were.

we have to try and be positive. i know stephan well and he is a very positive man - hopefully he can convince the rest of the board to find some more playing budget!!

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice knowing you Pete.

OTBC

''It''s a real shame as I was such a devotee of our local papers'' independent standing''........quote. I take it you are being sarcastic about their publications, which have given dunbing down a bad name!