Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Just posted my season ticket rebate forms and it feels great!

My rebate form was returned with a covering letter to Mr Foulger thanking him for his offer which I would be declining as unfortunately I couldn''t trust the current Board to spend the money wisely.

As rudenotto 69 says, " It feels great ".......

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Anybody who does''nt take it is either far too rich or a complete and utter Prat.

I am not ggiving the current board another penny and have cancelled my season ticket.
[/quote]

Same here. I''ve not cnaclled a season ticket but I''m certainly not buying another ticket until they''re gone. As soon as they have I''ll be treating myself to a season ticket in celebration.

Spot on Pete, and another reason I was never going to be detered or swayed by anything that the club said regarding the matter. They decided to include the rebate ''option'' in the deal for the past two years. Forward planning has never been one of the board''s strengths has it?

i wonder if NCFC will state after June 19 how many fans applied for their rebates?

Just posted my season ticket rebate forms in the recycling bin and it feels great![;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Just posted my season ticket rebate forms in the recycling bin and it feels great!

[;)]

[/quote]

Green on both counts then LQ[:D]

Not yesterday I wasn''t!Sustainable local economy - keep Norwich Airport flying!![;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Not yesterday I wasn''t!

Sustainable local economy - keep Norwich Airport flying!!

[;)]

[/quote]

Would agree with that IF they could get some decent flights back.

Miss the Sunday Faro one made St Barbara so much closer!!

You don''t know how hard I looked for one![:P]

Posted my form back today with a letter saying that I won''t succumb to emotional blackmail and giving details of why I don''t trust them with my money.

It felt great [:)]

Just for Fernando (so you know how seriously I take all this)...

A friend found one for me but this may not work.

Looking forward to Smith/ Foulger/ Gunn media responses (if any) to all the ''you''re all rubbish'' letters! Although I expect they''ll put some spin on it all...

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?[/quote]

Actually if you read my post again,it says it has changed numerous times,it doesn''t say i can''t finish the letter, i was trying to get my points across without making the letter to long and drawn out is the point!!

[/quote]5,000 words? Wowzers that must have taken a while, especially if you re wrote it! I would be interested to read it if yoou don''t mind posting it or emailing it to me... I mean I know I disagree with your thoughts on Gunn but it''s always good to read other people''s views, especially when they are well constructed... I would imagine a 5000 word letter/essay on this matter would fall into that category!I still think getting M.F to match your money is a good idea and that perhaps making your feelings known by asking for the rebate is really rather cutting off your nose despite your face... They haven''t listened now, they''re hardly going to listen now I would imagine... Foulgar''s offer is one I would certainly take.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

It may feel great but it will achieve absolutely nothing. The only way to send a message to the board about how angry fans are is to cancel season tickets. All of these meetings, protests and claiming of rebates are mere fluff to make you feel good about yourself for ''doing something''.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1705573/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]sorry to say this folks... this is 100% spot on. Argue about this as much as you like... It''s true.

[quote user="cityangel"]

It felt great [:)]

[/quote]

Me too CA - I want to see if anyone can beat my record of having my letter winging its way back to Carrow Road within 25 minutes of receiving it.  Come on, let''s be havin ya - there must be someone who lives closer to a post box than me?  Also thought it was very skinflint of them to make us put a stamp on it.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?[/quote]

Actually if you read my post again,it says it has changed numerous times,it doesn''t say i can''t finish the letter, i was trying to get my points across without making the letter to long and drawn out is the point!!

[/quote]5,000 words? Wowzers that must have taken a while, especially if you re wrote it! I would be interested to read it if yoou don''t mind posting it or emailing it to me... I mean I know I disagree with your thoughts on Gunn but it''s always good to read other people''s views, especially when they are well constructed... I would imagine a 5000 word letter/essay on this matter would fall into that category!I still think getting M.F to match your money is a good idea and that perhaps making your feelings known by asking for the rebate is really rather cutting off your nose despite your face... They haven''t listened now, they''re hardly going to listen now I would imagine... Foulgar''s offer is one I would certainly take. [/quote] Your the biggest club apologist going though Chirp , in fact you could give LQ a run for her money .

I have no problem with anyone keeping their rebate as long as those people don''t start moaning that we aren''t signing enough players or that those we are signing aren''t good enough. Letting the club keep the rebate is not support for the board per se it is support for the team and will give us the best chance of stabalising the sinking ship. People not buying season tickets or deciding to claim the rebate will not lead to the removal of the board, how could it?  Do people imagine that if we had say 500 season ticket holders or 1,000 or even 1 that the board would say "OK that''s it; first one in the door on Monday morning can have the club". Nobody wants to buy us and why would they? A quick reality check would tell you that there is nobody waiting in the wings and if you want rich business men to line up to waste their money on a football team the best chance you have of doing that is to try to make that team succesful and upwardly mobile.  Restricting the amount available for players regardless of the motives is hardly likely to do that.....

I''m glad people feel great about getting their rebate back, they are entitled to it.  I wonder how great they will feel if, for example, we need a couple of signings to stave off relegation fears next season or to push us into an automatic promotion spot and the funds aren''t available.  If those people still feel great then that is their right, but I doubt it somehow.

[quote]I have no problem with anyone keeping their rebate as long as those

people don''t start moaning that we aren''t signing enough players or

that those we are signing aren''t good enough.[/quote]Some of them will - it''s in their nature.  To be fair though, the rebate shouldn''t equal the playing budget or anything like it.  It should be the icing on the cake in league 1 - a chance to buy our way out of the league effectively.  In fact, if people don''t think Gunn can change games, enabling him to put together the best league 1 side for the money might be the only cast iron guarantee of success next season.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="LQ"]Just for Fernando (so you know how seriously I take all this)...A friend found one for me but this may not work.[/quote]I''m impressed. It suits you. [:P][/quote]Well not really. My chin isn''t anything like that and my eyebrows are certainly more tastefully plucked![;)]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Your the biggest club apologist going though Chirp , in fact you could give LQ a run for her money .[/quote]Oi!I''m no apologist. A realist, yes, and you may not like what I say. But I''m nobody''s apologist.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it[/quote]

Good on you for feeling that you can give the club £1,000, for some that is two months mortgage, or the difference between treating the family to a week away or staying at home.

I won''t give people a hard time for deciding what to do with their money, it''s their choice, but, what you have to ask yourself is, 1- can you 100% trust the board to put ALL the money into the player budget?  2- As ST holders we already pay into the club, why do we have to pay Championship prices to watch league 3 football? 

Once again I say good on you for donating that money.

[/quote]To be honest, I don''t care if they don''t put some of the money into the transfer budget, if it means us not going into administration and still actually having a football club to support at the end of the season, then I''m happy. I don''t care if people shoot me down or call me a happy clapper, it really doesn''t bother me, but at the end of the day, if Norwich City ever went out of business, at least I know I did my bit.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Your the biggest club apologist going though Chirp , in fact you could give LQ a run for her money .
[/quote]

Oi!

I''m no apologist. A realist, yes, and you may not like what I say. But I''m nobody''s apologist.

[/quote]

I think you''re an escapologist....

[quote user="Boot"]

I''m glad people feel great about getting their rebate back, they are entitled to it.  I wonder how great they will feel if, for example, we need a couple of signings to stave off relegation fears next season or to push us into an automatic promotion spot and the funds aren''t available.  If those people still feel great then that is their right, but I doubt it somehow.

[/quote]

If they didn''t want us to have it in the first place then why did they offer it?  The reason is that they were so smug they never thought they would have to pay it out. At some stage we''ve got to make some sort of stand and at least by claiming my rebate back they know I''m not happy with the way they are running (or is that ruining) our club.