Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Just posted my season ticket rebate forms and it feels great!

[quote user="Boot"]

I have no problem with anyone keeping their rebate as long as those people don''t start moaning that we aren''t signing enough players or that those we are signing aren''t good enough. Letting the club keep the rebate is not support for the board per se it is support for the team and will give us the best chance of stabalising the sinking ship. People not buying season tickets or deciding to claim the rebate will not lead to the removal of the board, how could it?  Do people imagine that if we had say 500 season ticket holders or 1,000 or even 1 that the board would say "OK that''s it; first one in the door on Monday morning can have the club". Nobody wants to buy us and why would they? A quick reality check would tell you that there is nobody waiting in the wings and if you want rich business men to line up to waste their money on a football team the best chance you have of doing that is to try to make that team succesful and upwardly mobile.  Restricting the amount available for players regardless of the motives is hardly likely to do that.....

I''m glad people feel great about getting their rebate back, they are entitled to it.  I wonder how great they will feel if, for example, we need a couple of signings to stave off relegation fears next season or to push us into an automatic promotion spot and the funds aren''t available.  If those people still feel great then that is their right, but I doubt it somehow.

[/quote]Good post, agree with everything you''ve said, some deluded people on this message board seem to think that our board actually earns money from this football club...... they actually think the money goes into our board members pockets.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Boot"]

I have no problem with anyone keeping their rebate as long as those people don''t start moaning that we aren''t signing enough players or that those we are signing aren''t good enough. Letting the club keep the rebate is not support for the board per se it is support for the team and will give us the best chance of stabalising the sinking ship. People not buying season tickets or deciding to claim the rebate will not lead to the removal of the board, how could it?  Do people imagine that if we had say 500 season ticket holders or 1,000 or even 1 that the board would say "OK that''s it; first one in the door on Monday morning can have the club". Nobody wants to buy us and why would they? A quick reality check would tell you that there is nobody waiting in the wings and if you want rich business men to line up to waste their money on a football team the best chance you have of doing that is to try to make that team succesful and upwardly mobile.  Restricting the amount available for players regardless of the motives is hardly likely to do that.....

I''m glad people feel great about getting their rebate back, they are entitled to it.  I wonder how great they will feel if, for example, we need a couple of signings to stave off relegation fears next season or to push us into an automatic promotion spot and the funds aren''t available.  If those people still feel great then that is their right, but I doubt it somehow.

[/quote]

Good post, agree with everything you''ve said, some deluded people on this message board seem to think that our board actually earns money from this football club...... they actually think the money goes into our board members pockets.
[/quote]

I don''t know anyone who is stupid enough to believe that.  But I certainly don''t trust the current set up to invest any money I let them keep wisely.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]

So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?
[/quote]

Actually if you read my post again,it says it has changed numerous times,it doesn''t say i can''t finish the letter, i was trying to get my points across without making the letter to long and drawn out is the point!!

[/quote]

5,000 words? Wowzers that must have taken a while, especially if you re wrote it! I would be interested to read it if yoou don''t mind posting it or emailing it to me... I mean I know I disagree with your thoughts on Gunn but it''s always good to read other people''s views, especially when they are well constructed... I would imagine a 5000 word letter/essay on this matter would fall into that category!

I still think getting M.F to match your money is a good idea and that perhaps making your feelings known by asking for the rebate is really rather cutting off your nose despite your face... They haven''t listened now, they''re hardly going to listen now I would imagine... Foulgar''s offer is one I would certainly take.
[/quote]

FFS can''t be bothered to go into it again!!!My letter is not going to be posted on here so you can pull it to pieces,it is from me to the club and thats how i would like it to stay,this time!!

[quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

That''s the thing though, we are entitled to it.  The club will receive division 3 money for division 3 football.  Will I moan about the players, most likely yes, but then I did before all this c**p about rebates came along, and years before that too.

Us fans pay more than enough each season, and some have done for over 50 years, so I think it''s a bit rich people suggesting that we should somehow be made to feel bad if things go tits up.

I''m sorry, but the club has sqandered money they have had for years and years, and instead of investing on pitch felt it was prudent (my a**e) to invest off field.  And that has come back to bite them on the tooshy. 

They are damn lucky people have renewed season tickets at all, let alone trying to emotionally blackmail the fans out of more.

[quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

You have fell for the club spin then Boot,sorry but fans like you make me crazy,your line about making the team upwardly mobile is so blinkered it''s unreal,what the hell do you think we the fans do each home game with 25000 plus every god damn week watching crap after crap performence,we turn up year after year in our thousands and get shafted year after year by the boards mistakes,as for your last line well it''s totally laughable,you are the type of fan Delia loves because to try to say that we are to blame when the club fall flat on it''s ar** because we claimed the rebate is a joke,the reason we don''t have the money is not because a few thousand take their rebate,we don''t have the money because this board doesn''t have a clue how to run a football club and how to negotiate players contracts. Honestly how you can try to defend the board and blame the fans for the state of the club is like a huge kick in the Hazels and the biggest insult you could give the long suffering City fans on this site and all around the Country,you should be embarassed!![:@][8o|]

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

You have fell for the club spin then Boot,sorry but fans like you make me crazy,your line about making the team upwardly mobile is so blinkered it''s unreal,what the hell do you think we the fans do each home game with 25000 plus every god damn week watching crap after crap performence,we turn up year after year in our thousands and get shafted year after year by the boards mistakes,as for your last line well it''s totally laughable,you are the type of fan Delia loves because to try to say that we are to blame when the club fall flat on it''s ar** because we claimed the rebate is a joke,the reason we don''t have the money is not because a few thousand take their rebate,we don''t have the money because this board doesn''t have a clue how to run a football club and how to negotiate players contracts. Honestly how you can try to defend the board and blame the fans for the state of the club is like a huge kick in the Hazels and the biggest insult you could give the long suffering City fans on this site and all around the Country,you should be embarassed!![:@][8o|]

[/quote]

I think there must be a few that have fallen for the same c**p hook, line and sinker.

Not me, I''m not paying Championship prices for div 3 football, nuh-uh

[quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

My rebate form is in the post.

I''m not happy for the club to pay more people like Archibald-Wotsit & Chris Killen to sit on their backsides in the stands.

I don''t trust the club to spend the money wisely, so I''m having it back.

I put my money into the club by buying my season ticket. Up until now, finances permitting, I generally buy a 3 or 5 year ticket. Therefore, I am commiting to the club long term. So, to try & suggest that by reclaiming my rebate the club promised will mean that I''m not allowed to moan about anything that happens in the future is absolutely ridiculous.

It''s not the fact that I''m having £80 back that will cause all the problems, the problem has been caused by the years of mismanagement by the current board.

So, go take your preaching elsewhere, cos I aint listening

[quote user="BringBackIwan"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

My rebate form is in the post.

I''m not happy for the club to pay more people like Archibald-Wotsit & Chris Killen to sit on their backsides in the stands.

I don''t trust the club to spend the money wisely, so I''m having it back.

I put my money into the club by buying my season ticket. Up until now, finances permitting, I generally buy a 3 or 5 year ticket. Therefore, I am commiting to the club long term. So, to try & suggest that by reclaiming my rebate the club promised will mean that I''m not allowed to moan about anything that happens in the future is absolutely ridiculous.

It''s not the fact that I''m having £80 back that will cause all the problems, the problem has been caused by the years of mismanagement by the current board.

So, go take your preaching elsewhere, cos I aint listening

[/quote]

Bravo, well said.