Sign in to follow this  
Rob Edward is God

Matt Gill

Let''s give the guy a chance, we were always going to have to sign some players who knew their way about the lower division. The guy really wants to play for us and I''d take that over a better known player who thinks he''s coming here to do us a favour and then strolls around the pitch all match looking disinterested.

Exactly, lets give him the support and hope it works out. Welcome to NCFC Matt.By reading the comments on the Exeter site they seem to think we have a good player.

To put it into perspective its probably only about 4 or 5 people on here who have moaned, the rtest have been supportive and IMHO what moaning there has been is no reflection on Gilly or indeed the fact we''ve signed a player from Exeter but is much more to do with the deep seated discontent there is with other elements of the club and the fact there is precious little sign of the fundamental changes we were promised at the end of last season now Delia and MWJ appear to have retreated to their bunker for the summer!

Quite frankly I am amazed anyone can be upset with this signing.  We are shit get used to it, this guy is gonna be great for us.  Bring on more like this. 

i''m pleased with the signing of Gill personally, he is a local man so will know just how much the club means to the city.. he may not necessarily be a Norwich fan but will be playing infront of friends and family and have some local pride...

we need more players of this ilk, Gunny said he would sign players he knew would be proud to play for us.. looks like Gill is a step in that direction.

Welcome Gill! and well done Gunny!

the reason people are unhappy that he has signed is purely because he was signed by Gunn.. no other reason... Gunn could go out and sign Kaka and Rooney tommorow and people would think they were hopeless because he signed them....

jas :)

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="The Chirp"]don''t think that just because you haven''t heard of him he isn''t going to be any good. 9 goals from centre midfield and a decent passer to boot sounds pretty good to me.

Not seen him play before I grant you, but i''ve just read through match reports and other things on him and he sounds like a decent signing to me.

I was saying that Norwich should have gone after bean of brentford as he was a central midfielder, around six fooot and can score goals... well he''s under contract so Gill looks to be a very decent alternative.

[/quote] Now theres a surprise The Chirp bigging up the most dissapointing signing this club has made in years .
[/quote]

and just tell me who you would be happy with us signing... i need a good laugh...

jas :)

I find any negativity towards this signing very predictable.

Although I don''t know Matt personally, I am good friends with a close family member and have been aware for several weeks that this was likely to happen. I''m not going to tell everything I know but can say that Peter Taylor has been after Matt for a long time and was on the phone to him a lot over the weekend trying to get him to sign for Wycombe after they offered him a good deal. Now I don''t really see Wycombe as an attractive option but if you''ve got a manager of Peter Taylor''s calibre after you and making it very clear that he wants you, it must be difficult to turn him down. Let''s not forget that whatever we think of footballers, it''s their job and being wanted by someone is very boosting to the ego. Plus Exeter were desperate to keep him. It''s not as tho'' he had been given a free transfer and wasn''t wanted. He simply came to the end of his contract and wanted to explore all his options.

I also know that Gunny spoke to Barry Fry about Matt and he had nothing but positives about him both as a player and a man. Although Barry Fry may be seen by some as a bit of a joke figure, I respect his views on footballers with all the experience he has.

Matt is a Norfolk boy and wanted to sign for us. Simples.

Whether he''s a replacement for Clingan/Russell/Fozzy I have no idea. What I do know is that we have a player with yellow and green blood coursing through his veins who will give everything to our cause.

I want a team full of Matt Gills and Cody Macdonalds who will actually give a s***.

He''s a local lad but he doesn''t bleed yellow and green because he''s a Liverpool fan,but nothing to lose with this signing as a free transfer.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Marty"]the numpty''s that moan about a player they know nothing about get right on my nerves, if you are one of those "fans" why don''t you p*ss off and support someone else. For Christ sakes, we are div 1, why not sign decent sounding div 1 players? Some people need to take their heads out of their ars*s and realise that we are not playing Bayern Munich next week! Rant over.[/quote]

I guess you could say he same about the usual suspects who continually get so excited about a player they know nothing about eh?

I might also add that he is more of a Blue Square/Division Four player as Exeter haven''t kicked a ball following their promotion yet have they?

[/quote]

Except Exeter were promoted from League Two to League One last year, not Conference to League Two. We''ll be playing them next year.
[/quote]

Really?

So "back to back" promotion happens all in one season does it?

Jesus...We''ve just suffered "back to back" relegations then.........