Sign in to follow this  
Rob Edward is God

Matt Gill

[quote user="olej"]WHO? I think this is a sign of things to come, free agents that nobody has ever herd of.[/quote]

Just because you know nothing of League 1 and 2 players doesn''t mean nobody else has.

We are a League 1 club, get used to it. How many players in League 1 have you heard of?

No, we''re not going to sign big players, stop moaning and do some research.

He won the League 2 player of the year before aswell. We have to face reality that now we willhave to sign players in League 1 and 2, but there are some real gems in these leagues. Michael Kightley signed for Wolves from Grays Athletic if im correct and now he will be playing in the Prem next year. There are some really good players in these leagues and i am happy to say that i think we signed one of them.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m a moron, and so''s my wife!

Matt, if you do read message boards, it might be best if you stay away from this one!
[/quote]

You''re not a moron you''re a very naughty boy [:D]

[quote user="bristol_grecian"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

Tough league that Fourth Division......

[/quote]

Yes, it is. And the "Third" is even tougher. You''ll find out soon enough, I suspect......

Remember the "Second" was too hot for you, and teams with a losing mentality quite often struggle again after relegation.

Silly of me, though. You''re a big club, so will be immune from all that. Or at least I hope so, for your sake. [;)]

[/quote]

I think you''re barking up the wrong tree with me sunshine.......

I''m the Pink un forum anti-Christ and agree with pretty much everything you''ve stated. No false pretence here as I KNOW we will struggle........Big club my arse.....

Enjoy Lady Delia''s royal visit to your ground though......she''s an absolute joy to behold.

no one heard of steve bruce from gillingham .

he didnt turn out to be a bad player .!!

give the bloke a chance we were never going to bring in premiership stars even the so called future premiership loan players we had were a nightmare.

if this lad has gained promotion twice and scored 9 as a midfielder he could turn out to be a good player .

at least he is not another loan player and a player that belongs to this club which makes a change surely .

I''ve seen this lad several times (going as a neutral with an exeter fan to a few games) and hes impressed me each time, I think he''s exactly the type of CM you need and will be a good player this season for you, and for fans still moaning about what type of players you''l be signing - get a grip and fvcking enjoy the season where you might get success with players who want to play for you instead of another poor season in the bottom 8 of the championship with loan players who couldnt give a fvck, you might get a winning mentality and then enjoy a successful season in the championship after this like i am hoping leicester will. I''ll give a few quick thoughts of some of your other targets in here too because i cba to find other threads about them:- Nelson - not the best defender, worst distribution ive seen from a defender, but a natural leader and could be useful- llera - cheat, dont like him, hes a top 6 league one defender though so should be good and definately better than nelson- graham - (dont know if hes actually linked) good striker and deserves a chance at a better clubGood luck and hope that was useful..

[quote user="singing canary"]

no one heard of steve bruce from gillingham .

he didnt turn out to be a bad player .!!

give the bloke a chance we were never going to bring in premiership stars even the so called future premiership loan players we had were a nightmare.

if this lad has gained promotion twice and scored 9 as a midfielder he could turn out to be a good player .

at least he is not another loan player and a player that belongs to this club which makes a change surely .

[/quote]

Lad?.....At his age he''s nearer a hip replacement than childhood....

If he''d been worth anything he would have played regularly at a higher level by now....so I fear he is just another journeyman to go with the rest that this skinflint set up has put on the limited payroll.

We want enthusiastic kids out there playing alongside a few old heads a la Malky and his ilk.

i will pass judgement after i have seen him play .

29 is hardly old either !

i cant see him being any worse than the loan flops we have had here last season .

if he has gained promotion twice he cant be that bad of player.

alot of decent players are over looked because of thier teams position in the leauge .

he as a midfielder has score more than our strikers last season .

i hope he does well for us good luck to him .

i will pass judgement after i have seen him play .

29 is hardly old either !

i cant see him being any worse than the loan flops we have had here last season .

if he has gained promotion twice he cant be that bad of player.

alot of decent players are over looked because of thier teams position in the leauge .

he as a midfielder has score more than our strikers last season .

i hope he does well for us good luck to him .

[/quote]Someone with a bit of sense! unbelievable.p.s. does anyone actually read my posts?

Hope all players we are signing will be welcomed. We don''t have a clue how good he is until we have seen him play in the team and even then opinions will differ.

I can remember the season after we got relegated having won the Milk Cup and we signed a load of new players in the close season, none of which I had heard of.

There was a Michael Phelan from a Burnley side in the bottom tier I think, Messrs Crook, Bowen & Culverhouse from Spurs, reserve side, Kevin Drinkell from Grimsby. It didn''t exactly set my pulse racing. But they turned out to be gems & they stormed the league the following season & the season after got us a fifth placed finish in the top flight.

They were hungry, commited players & yes, they had skill too. You could see that they were relishing their opportunity & were going to grab it with both hands.

There''s no guarantee of course that Gill (or any new recruits from lower down than the Championship) will hit the same heights and standards but let''s hope so hey? Because there is evidence that lower leagued players have blossomed into great players when arriving at Carrow Road.

I for one will give him & future new recruits the benefit of doubt & total support until I believe they are not worthy of it.

I feel really embarrassed when other clubs fans come to this message board.

There truely should be an IQ test to use the internet.

It really does make me wonder how some can be called NCFC fans.

They hate the board, they hate the manager/coaching staff and they hate all the players (even ones they have never seen play)............WTF is left?

I hope Matt Gill doesn''t read this board or if he does realize that the vast majority of NCFC fans hope he does well for the club.

The guy looks a bit like Clingan, but I''d certainly like to see him have a go alongside Clingan!

It sounds like he has more desire than Russell, and is a real passer of the ball, we need someone creative (lets hope he has this in his bag).

So in summary... 1. people are going to moan when we don''t sign anyone 2. people are going to moan when we start signing players in keeping with our league status and budgetI welcome the signing, it''s a permanent deal not a loan and he''s been proven at the lower levels.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I feel really embarrassed when other clubs fans come to this message board.

There truely should be an IQ test to use the internet.

It really does make me wonder how some can be called NCFC fans.

They hate the board, they hate the manager/coaching staff and they hate all the players (even ones they have never seen play)............WTF is left?

I hope Matt Gill doesn''t read this board or if he does realize that the vast majority of NCFC fans hope he does well for the club.

[/quote]

It seems, unfortunately, to me that some people have made the decision to moan & complain regardless of what the Club does. It''s almost as if they think that so much damage has been done, no matter what, amends can never be made. I find that very sad.  

He''s here on a free and has yet to kick a ball in anger for NCFC.....I''ll have an opinion after he''s had half a dozen games.....Friendlies don''t give you points in the league....

I also personally believe that we are financially in the mire....and therefore, I expect the likes of Gill''s recruitment - to be the norm.....

thankyou waccolo .

just because some players dont play for top clubs doesnt make them useless .

the guy has a winning mentality in midfield and could improve futher , crook was a good passer of the ball the best i have seen at norwich who previously played in spurs reserves before joining us.

pretty much all the great norwich players used to play for lower leauge teams , phelan , bruce , drinkell came from grimsby .

we have to completely rebuild with our own players this is a start and im looking forward to watching a player whos used to winning .

Great to have a local lad want to sign for us.

Welcome Matt [:)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

He''s here on a free and has yet to kick a ball in anger for NCFC.....I''ll have an opinion after he''s had half a dozen games.....Friendlies don''t give you points in the league....

I also personally believe that we are financially in the mire....and therefore, I expect the likes of Gill''s recruitment - to be the norm.....

[/quote]

Agree Mello, I know very little about him, but I''ll give him 10 competitve games before slagging him off.

Agreed............sadly.

thankyou waccolo .

the guy has a winning mentality in midfield and could improve futher , crook was a good passer of the ball the best i have seen at norwich who previously played in spurs reserves before joining us.

pretty much all the great norwich players used to play for lower leauge teams , phelan , bruce , drinkell came from grimsby .

we have to completely rebuild with our own players this is a start and im looking forward to watching a player whos used to winning .

[/quote]Totally agree, Leicester signed legends like savage and lennon from teams like crewe, and they were part of one our most successful eras.Last season we signed players from league one, two and bsp who turned out to be quality, including a young cb from cambridge that didnt manage their starting line up in their play off final team the year before this one just gone and he was very good. Surely its just a matter of time before the majority of fans start to realise where they are and accept it and get on with it.

I''ll wait till i''ve seen him play a couple of times before making a full judgement on him, but he seems to be a good signing.

He''s got a proven track record, and just a brief look at the Exeter fans'' forums suggests he''s a good player who plays and passes effectively, as well as getting the odd goal. Plus he seems committed, and as a local lad should be devoted to seeing NCFC do well.

Hopefully future signings will follow a similar pattern. The fact he''s fairly unknown isn''t too much of an issue either, no one had heard of Cody either.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Agree Mello, I know very little about him, but I''ll give him 10 competitve games before slagging him off.

Agreed............sadly.

Was it not you saying at the weekend that we were shortly to enter admin & that the lack of any signings was further evidence of that?  

[/quote]

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="singing canary"]

thankyou waccolo .

[/quote]

Totally agree, Leicester signed legends like savage and lennon from teams like crewe, and they were part of one our most successful eras.
Last season we signed players from league one, two and bsp who turned out to be quality, including a young cb from cambridge that didnt manage their starting line up in their play off final team the year before this one just gone and he was very good. Surely its just a matter of time before the majority of fans start to realise where they are and accept it and get on with it.
[/quote]

Many a quality player has started our in the lower divisions - lets just hope that this guy is one of them. 

[quote user="CT "]I expect everyone to apologise to Gill if hes as good as I think and heard that he is.

My exeter mates are gutted.
[/quote]

Why? Mello and I haven''t rubbished him!

[quote user="CT "]Its not always about you Wiz.....

Where specifically did i say ''i ezpect Lord Wiz the master of the pinkun messageboard to apologise''?

[/quote]

Er? you said everyone![:S]