Sign in to follow this  
Rob Edward is God

Matt Gill

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This pretty much symbolises the completition of the demise of our football club....free transfers from Exeter City, this is our market place now

Presumably this is our ''replacement'' for the 1million out going Clingan, pathetic.

There even had to be a catch with this signing too, I see he''s a Norwich lad, can''t even buy him without there being a hidden catch.

just **** off Gunn

[/quote]

Gunn has already said that we are operating a one in one out system. Fotheringham Out - Gill In.  Sounds like fantastic business to me.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="LQ"]It''s not disappointing at all.Matt Gill is a player I''d have advocated looking at even if we were still in the dizzy heights of the CCC. He''s a solid, passing midfielder who was the backbone of a team with a winning mentality (something we could do with around here!) under Tisdale, possibly the best manager outside the PL.I''m delighted he wanted to come home once his contract was up and look forward to seeing what effect he can have.Good signing.

[/quote]Wow!! something that LQ says that I agree with.[;)][/quote]Phew![;)]

Could be a poor man''s Dickson Etuhu which would do us very nicely at the moment.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

I think people need to stop critisising new signings straight away just before no one has ever heard of him. People have got to realise that now we are in league two we are probably going to get these sort of players who people dont know much about. I seem to remember a lot of people slating the signings of Clingan and McDonald yet they both proved to be good signings in the end.

Have to say swear I read somewhere that he was joining Derby but I guess I got him mixed up with someone else

[/quote]bugger me have I been in a coma?[;)]

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This pretty much symbolises the completition of the demise of our football club....free transfers from Exeter City, this is our market place now

Presumably this is our ''replacement'' for the 1million out going Clingan, pathetic.

There even had to be a catch with this signing too, I see he''s a Norwich lad, can''t even buy him without there being a hidden catch.

just **** off Gunn

[/quote]

Gunn has already said that we are operating a one in one out system. Fotheringham Out - Gill In.  Sounds like fantastic business to me.

[/quote] Where are the replacements for Marshall and Croft then , Gunn seems to be having trouble with his own one out one in policy .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

just **** off Gunn

[/quote]

[/quote] Where are the replacements for Marshall and Croft then , Gunn seems to be having trouble with his own one out one in policy .
[/quote]

He has already said that he is looking for a goalkeeper and we arent going to start the season with no right winger, try and twist what you want, but Gill to me is Fozzys replacement. And a pretty good one.

[quote user="ACE"]We need a SQUAD - they cant all be worth 500 grand and be paid 5K a week FFS.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We are preparing for league 2 already then , at least this signing should tempt those on the fence to claim their rebates back , laughable .
[/quote][/quote]

I''ve already claimed my rebate and I don''t think Gunn is the right man for the job.  However, I don''t necessarily think that this is a bad signing.  After all, Ferguson Jnr. built his promotion winning (in two consequetive seasons) Posh side on this type of player or ones from even lower leagues.  If we can get a team of passionate players together that actually play as a unit then we have some hope.

i bet all the posh fans were annoyed when they signed some rubbish from stevenage called boyd... and some other rubbish called mackail-smith...

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

I think people need to stop critisising new signings straight away just before no one has ever heard of him. People have got to realise that now we are in league two we are probably going to get these sort of players who people dont know much about. I seem to remember a lot of people slating the signings of Clingan and McDonald yet they both proved to be good signings in the end.

Have to say swear I read somewhere that he was joining Derby but I guess I got him mixed up with someone else

[/quote]thats moxey (or moxley?) anyway he''s a left midfielder who scored 7 times last season for the grecians. Going to derby for 300K... he might be in the same team as fozzi... poor lad, hope he has a decent first touch... he''ll need it if fozzi is in the team :-)

I think this is a solid enough signing - voted players player of the season last year too so obviously a popular figure in the dressing room.Experienced CM who is big can pass a ball and apparently also cross one too. All the Exeter fans saying what a legend he is, great player who they will miss badly.I think for League 1 this is a decent signing.Welcome Gilly and best of luck!

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="The Chirp"]don''t think that just because you haven''t heard of him he isn''t going to be any good. 9 goals from centre midfield and a decent passer to boot sounds pretty good to me. Not seen him play before I grant you, but i''ve just read through match reports and other things on him and he sounds like a decent signing to me. I was saying that Norwich should have gone after bean of brentford as he was a central midfielder, around six fooot and can score goals... well he''s under contract so Gill looks to be a very decent alternative.

[/quote] Now theres a surprise The Chirp bigging up the most dissapointing signing this club has made in years .[/quote]Ah, wondered how long before the official Lord Haugh-Haugh of the Pinkun would chime in with his latest bout of verbal diarrhea....

[quote user="canarytom"]In September, he was voted league 2 player of the month. He''s going to be a great signing![/quote]Wasn''t Semi in the League 1 team of the season before we signed him? [:(]

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31965&page=18

Usually you can tell how good a player is going by their fans opinions. I remember getting warned when the likes of Otsemobor/Hughes/Jarrett joined us.

I know nothing at all about him so unlike several others will avoid giving an opinion either way, but I hope we haven''t signed him because "he bleeds yellow and green"...

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="The Chirp"]don''t think that just because you haven''t heard of him he isn''t going to be any good. 9 goals from centre midfield and a decent passer to boot sounds pretty good to me. Not seen him play before I grant you, but i''ve just read through match reports and other things on him and he sounds like a decent signing to me. I was saying that Norwich should have gone after bean of brentford as he was a central midfielder, around six fooot and can score goals... well he''s under contract so Gill looks to be a very decent alternative.

[/quote] Now theres a surprise The Chirp bigging up the most dissapointing signing this club has made in years .[/quote]Ridiculous statement. How many years is it since you''ve watched City play? How many times have you seen Matt Gill play? If he''s half as good as Clingan he would still be twice as good as Fotheringham. (Who do you expect us to sign? Gerrard?). Bear in mind a lot of players still do not want to venture so far out east. His Norfolk roots should be no bad thing.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="LQ"]It''s not disappointing at all.

Matt Gill is a player I''d have advocated looking at even if we were still in the dizzy heights of the CCC. He''s a solid, passing midfielder who was the backbone of a team with a winning mentality (something we could do with around here!) under Tisdale, possibly the best manager outside the PL.

I''m delighted he wanted to come home once his contract was up and look forward to seeing what effect he can have.

Good signing.

[/quote]

Wow!! something that LQ says that I agree with.[;)]
[/quote]

lol me too, ok this is a bit surreal

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I know nothing at all about him so unlike several others will avoid giving an opinion either way, but I hope we haven''t signed him because "he bleeds yellow and green"...[/quote]

Were more likely to have signed him because he scored 9 goals from centre midfield last season, thats an impressive strike rate.

I just have a good feeling that he is going to be a lot more well liked than that big phoney overpaid scottish ponce mark fotheringham.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I know nothing at all about him so unlike several others will avoid giving an opinion either way, but I hope we haven''t signed him because "he bleeds yellow and green"...[/quote]

Were more likely to have signed him because he scored 9 goals from centre midfield last season, thats an impressive strike rate.

I just have a good feeling that he is going to be a lot more well liked than that big phoney overpaid scottish ponce mark fotheringham.

[quote user="ncfclad"]http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31965&page=18

Usually you can tell how good a player is going by their fans opinions. I remember getting warned when the likes of Otsemobor/Hughes/Jarrett joined us.[/quote]You can tell they''re not spoilt miserable Norwich fans. Saying nice things about an ex player. Sounds like a good signing. Well done the board

[quote user="BarclayJJ"]Could this mean Clingan is on his way out ?[/quote]

Clingan has always been on the way out, but I dont think this is necessarily Clingan''s replacement.

Totally off topic here - but on topic with the title of the thread but has anyone notice the similarity in appearence/looks between Gill and Alec Guiness?Have a look at the front page of the pinkun website and then compare to these - http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/165098~Alec-Guinness-Posters.jpghttp://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/B72670~Alec-Guinness-Posters.jpgCould be just me mind but I see a similarity in there somewhere. This means that promotion is in our destiny otherwise how will he be able to do battle with the dark side whilst they are in the league above us?!!!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Can''t we just wait and see what he''s like before we pass judgement (whether positive or negative)?

[/quote]No..this is the Pinkun forum.Choose your side of the fence right now!God forbid anyone should wait to see him play before forming an opinion. After all, that would make the opinion informed.And that would never do.

I personally don''t feel i can be too please or displease, we have a signing, this Exeter fan says he played well there, so could turn out quite good, but i had never heard of him, never seen him play, so i''m not too sure, hope he turns out good anyway.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Didn''t realise the board were managing the team now?[/quote]Well they get the blame when someone leaves or its a bad signing- cant have it both ways  Make your mind up

haha herb spot on! why wait and see how good or bad he is... let''s just slate him now! Goes to show, all sorts of people use the net... normal people as well as morons!

Seems a good signing - experienced, coming towards his peak, judging by the past two years, combative, good passer and goal scorer, for free. Exeter seem sad to see him go, and Gunn said that Gill can''t wait to pull on the yellow shirt, which suggests that he will give his all.I think that he could prove to be what we have lacked for a few years - an intelligent, powerful goal scorer from the midfield.Keep up the good work, Gunny

Well I hope he does make some of you hang your heads in shame.The guy obviously does read messageboards as this post he''s just made on that Grecians site demonstrates:Thanks guys, I have had some great years here at Exeter but i felt it was time to move on and i chose Norwich.

Thank you i will always remember.

See you next year hopefully

This post is genuine

Gilly

If he reads this one I hope he can overlook one or two posters who have never seen him play but are just jumping on his signing as something else to bash the Club with.Looking forward to seeing him in yellow and green.