Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Re: Norwich Fans Jailed

[quote user="PKC"]Yankee while I agree with much of your sentiments I refuse to see this as a black mark on ''everyone who supports it''. I certainly see it as an embarresment but in no way do I feel I have a black mark against me.[/quote]

I agree. I''ve done nothing wrong, nor have the huge majority of the rest of us.

On another point, look how OLD these people are!! Don''t they have better things to do?!

[quote user="PKC"]Yankee while I agree with much of your sentiments I refuse to see this as a black mark on ''everyone who supports it''. I certainly see it as an embarresment but in no way do I feel I have a black mark against me.[/quote]

No PKC, I agree of course, the majority of supporters I am sure are responsible individuals. Regardless, the club and its supporters are a collective. When those colours go on the fans at the next match there may be a thought in the mind of others wondering  if they can expect similar behaviour from you. That is the "black mark" I''m referring to. It jus takes a few bad apples to go overboard to tarnish the image of a club and its fans. 

Pathetic excuse for their actions (which are untolerable anyway).

Im suprised to see most of the offenders were in their late 30''s early 40''s, shocking.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

No PKC, I agree of course, the majority of supporters I am sure are responsible individuals. Regardless, the club and its supporters are a collective. When those colours go on the fans at the next match there may be a thought in the mind of others wondering  if they can expect similar behaviour from you. That is the "black mark" I''m referring to. It jus takes a few bad apples to go overboard to tarnish the image of a club and its fans. 

[/quote]

I don''t see it as a black mark against me either. But Yankee is right in what he says. If I walk through Leicester City Centre this afternoon wearing my Norwich shirt others will see it as a black mark against me. All of us who have been abroad and worn our England shirts with pride will understand what Yankee is saying.

I was at that game along with thousands of other Norwich fans. There were incidents involving Norwich fans inside the ground too. I remember a woman was injured in a coin throwing incident, both parties being Norwich fans. But I''m not surprised at the ages of some of the fans concerned because this fixture has a history of violence going back to the 80''s.

6 year ban and prison for 9 people very harsh IMHO. Incidents like this probably occur every friday night and those involved get a ticking off and maybe a night in the cells. Connect it with football and it seems the penalties are increased markedly.

Recognise most of those guys from away games over the years. Have travelled to games with a few of them on occasion and they are decent lads. Don''t really know much about the Leicester incident but as someone who travels away regularly, often with a decent sized bunch of lads, there is always a risk of getting caught up in something.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

6 year ban and prison for 9 people very harsh IMHO. Incidents like this probably occur every friday night and those involved get a ticking off and maybe a night in the cells. Connect it with football and it seems the penalties are increased markedly.

Recognise most of those guys from away games over the years. Have travelled to games with a few of them on occasion and they are decent lads. Don''t really know much about the Leicester incident but as someone who travels away regularly, often with a decent sized bunch of lads, there is always a risk of getting caught up in something.

[/quote]

Yes indeed Jim, they are decent lads and they have had this hanging over them for a long long time. The writing was on the wall over what the outcome would be. But nothing can excuse what they did and while it can be easy to get caught up in an incident this went a little further than that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Yes indeed Jim, they are decent lads and they have had this hanging over them for a long long time. The writing was on the wall over what the outcome would be. But nothing can excuse what they did and while it can be easy to get caught up in an incident this went a little further than that.

[/quote]

They may well be decent lads who have made a mistake and that is a shame and also think it harsh that crimes of this type are dealt with much more severely when related to football than just after pub antics.

However a message needs to be sent loud and clear that football does not tolerate this kind of behaviour any more. 

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Well I suspect that a stint in prison and a 6 year ban from all football will get that message across!

[/quote]

They may well be decent lads who have made a mistake and that is a shame and also think it harsh that crimes of this type are dealt with much more severely when related to football than just after pub antics.

However a message needs to be sent loud and clear that football does not tolerate this kind of behaviour any more. 

[/quote]

Agree people get away with worse down POW road every weekend its a pity they were not severe with those who make that a no go area but football is an easy target as always.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I think that they got what they deserved to be honest, they acted aggressively and put innocent people in danger, there are two parties in every fight. I dont doubt that they are probably half decent lads who got involved in something stupid, but they are big enough to know what the law is and that all city centres are covered in cctv these days.

Most of them have held their hands up and admitted their mistakes, and will serve the penalty given to them, they can come out of prison with a certain degree of dignity left and get on with living their lives.

I dont think that the criminal penalties can be argued against. Maybe the football banning orders are a little harsh, I would say a 1 year home game ban and a lifetime away game ban. There is no doubt that we cant have these people representing our club in other cities again, but I cant see the problem with having them at Carrow Road.

In my opinion, if people on get away with more on Prince of Wales Road (which i dispute, loads of people get prison for assaults on prince of wales road, and some have been in the media recently) then it is more a case of them not getting punished enough then these lot getting punished too much.

Remember that those getting 7 months will probably be out in 3 and a half, and those getting 3 months will probably be out in a month and a half.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Agree people get away with worse down POW road every weekend its a pity they were not severe with those who make that a no go area but football is an easy target as always.[/quote]

I think that will change following recent events..... I hope it will anyway.... remember that two people have died in Norwich from a punch in the head. Throwing bricks at people can kill, thats why these people have to be punished, its a thin line between assault and manslaugter / murder no matter what the intentions are. Im sure the police didnt intend for that protester to die...... violence is and epidemic and all forms need to be erradicated.

good ridance to these people. I was in leicester that evening too, I managed to avoid such behaviour, although I must say the norwich fans were a bit lairy that day, not the usual easy going and fun supporters that I am proud of.

As for people saying that the sentences would be less if it was not football related, that may be true, but i''d rather such behaviour was punished the same way according to the crime committed, in other words they all get sentences. Mindless thugs.

The reason the law has come down hard on these lads was cause the trouble was organised - they were looking for it!

The blokes were using the football as an excuse to cause trouble!

I remember being at the game and seeing a load of 30YO+ blokes in baseball caps and no colours and thinking thats somethings going to happen after the game!

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="shyster"]Harsh.[/quote]

What''s harsh? That those thugs got jailed or commenting on police brutality?
[/quote]

Harsh maybe not. But it shows how the people involved in the young Everton fans murder got off extremely lightly. Some as low as 3 years I believe.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The reason the law has come down hard on these lads was cause the trouble was organised - they were looking for it!

I remember being at the game and seeing a load of 30YO+ blokes in baseball caps and no colours and thinking thats somethings going to happen after the game!

[/quote]

Absolute tosh and i know that for fact. I was at this game with my son who is friends with these lads. These lads left early to go back to the pub near the station only for the Police to stop them and send them into Town. They were attacked by Leicester Fans and retaliated like most would. I''d rather be with these lads than some of the pretentious and self righteous idiots who have put their two pennith worth on here and know nothing about these lads.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I don''t believe that for one minute. If someone told you that then I reckon they were wrong. If you made it up then shame on you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I don''t believe that for one minute. If someone told you that then I reckon they were wrong. If you made it up then shame on you.

[/quote]

Well said nutty. I''d like to know where he got this from. 3 of these lads are doing 3 months for Threatening behaviour! A charge that would get you a £50 fine had it been down Prince of Wales.

Is it tosh Arthur?  I heard a completely different story, direct enough to judge that what I heard was also ''fact'' ; and my rumour is that it was pre-arranged,  maybe not in how far it got out of control, but a date was set well in advance. 

To be fair there are probably degrees of truth in everyones story because of the number of people involved.

What I would say is that in my opinion if this behaviour is treated more leniently away from football then that needs to be addressed rather than the other way around.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Is it tosh Arthur?  I heard a completely different story, direct enough to judge that what I heard was also ''fact'' ; and my rumour is that it was pre-arranged,  maybe not in how far it got out of control, but a date was set well in advance. 

[/quote]

Well maybe you''d like to put your point to the Judge who confirmed it was not premeditated and also questioned the Policing for sending those lads away from a pub designated for Norwich fans.

I was a little bit surprised by the severity of the punishment these men have received, but that reaction might be slightly influenced by how lenient some of the sentences tend to be nowadays. Maybe the judge is sending out a warning to anybody thinking of going on the rampage, that maybe it is not such a good idea.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said nutty. I''d like to know where he got this from. 3 of these lads are doing 3 months for Threatening behaviour! A charge that would get you a £50 fine had it been down Prince of Wales.

[/quote]

I agree, I hope they don''t get a ban from attending football match''s because as others on here have said, the group of men regularly attend Norwich City match''s home and away and cause no problems, as long as they do their time given to them by the judge, then I see no reason why the club should should enforce any more punishment.

IMO if this was a straight forward punch up,  punishments would have been less severe.  It seems to be the fact that shiite was being thrown around was the crux of the matter.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Well maybe you''d like to put your point to the Judge who confirmed it was not premeditated and also questioned the Policing for sending those lads away from a pub designated for Norwich fans.

[/quote]

My evidence is clealy hearsay Arthur,  just as yours is, so would not hold up in any law court as evidence.   Obtaining proof for a criminal prosecution and knowing what happens are two different things entirely.  No balance of probabilities here,  just hard cold facts,  and for that purposes your version is as solid as mine! 

i recognise one of the muppets, walking to the ground to see the ipswich derby match earlier this year, he was walking down at the junction of queens road and ber street where the path leads down to king street, him and his pi$$ed mates decided it would be funny to jump on a brand new car and run down the windscreen putting a hugh dent into it, at least he fell off it and onto his arse.