Sign in to follow this  
ca

Look at Barnsley's games in hand

These are their games in hand

17/3 Palace away

7/4 Sheffield Utd away

21/4 Coventry away

Can''t see them winning any of them 3 so that leaves them well in the mix with us, plus their last 5 games aren''t easy ones, Swansea h, Reading a, Coventry a, Wolves h Plymouth a.

18Watford35935322433122033-542
19Blackpool3755921285761521-1342
20Nottm Forest3757720245492028-1241
21Barnsley34746211642111229-1239

22Southampton3637817236391929-1637
23Norwich37657302534121632-1136
24Charlton36549253215121329-2327

Well, Plymouth turned over Wolves at their place and Southampton put 3 past the Binners at Portallo Road. If ever there were two "nil-points", it were those two, yet they still came back with 3 points each. Don''t count on Barnsley not doing an "85-ish Coventry" on us. Yes, IU''m still bitter about that and still hate Coventry with a pasion. It''s also a dump, too.

That''s cheered me up Angel. I might be able to sleep tonight!

One large Vodka for you at the next pickers meet[<:o)]

Well, maybe. But Palace are on a poor run and Sheff Utd is a like a derby match and they managed to win at Wednesday recently. So I wouldn''t count on them. We will only be in the mix if we beat Cardiff. If we don''t then it''s curtains. At the moment for me I think despite beating the worst Norwich side in 50 years today, I don''t think Blackpool should get carried away by that result, they beat a steaming pile of horse manure. It will be Blackpool to join us and Charlton in Division 3 next season. In that order.

Blackpool

Norwich

Charlton

Sincerely hope I''m wrong but that''s how it''s looking to me.

It''s ok saying that they''ve got tough games in hand!

We''ve got to pick up points too!!

We can''t even scrape a draw at bloody Blackpool, for gods sake!!!

WE DESERVE TO GO DOWN! END OF!!!!!!

[quote user="book end"]

Well, maybe. But Palace are on a poor run and Sheff Utd is a like a derby match and they managed to win at Wednesday recently. So I wouldn''t count on them. .[/quote]

Palace beat Preston today and feel they have an outside chance of a play off place and Sheffield Utd are 5th and on a good run so they wont be easy..

I admire your optimism CA but I''m finding it hard to believe we''ll get more than about 45 points.  Surely then they''ll get the 7 or 8 points they need to finish above us from their last 12 games?  Even if they don''t, who''s the other team that will save us? They''re all picking up points against the odds.

I admire your optimism CA. Unfortunately i think Barnsley will find 2 or 3 wins; as will all the other, such as watford and southampton. they are in better form than us; unfortunately i dont see us getting the 4 wins we need.

I''m afaid i cant see anything other than the team coaches getting their sat nav set for yeovil and carlisle at some point next season!

To be honest I wasn''t being optimistic, people kept saying that Barnsley had 3 games in hand so I thought I''d do a bit of reseach and see who they had to play yet and that cheered me up a little teeny bit .

I personally think we''re down especially after todays performance but guess a win against Cardiff and Plymouth could change all that and put the presure on others.

[quote user="cityangel"]

17/3 Palace away

7/4 Sheffield Utd away

21/4 Coventry away

Can''t see them winning any of them 3 so that leaves them well in the mix with us, plus their last 5 games aren''t easy ones, Swansea h, Reading a, Coventry a, Wolves h Plymouth a.

[/quote]Trouble is mate there isn''t much point hoping other teams lose their games when we can''t pick up points ourselves, it''s looking very grim, i don''t know what to think really, my confidence went a long time ago, live in hope i guess!

Having seen that Barnsleys games in hand are all away gives me slightly more hope, problem is we are so bad it''s hard to see where we are going to pick up many more points from. For our players to turn in yet another no show in a must win game yesterday was absolutely disgraceful, they aren''t fit to wear the shirt and should all be sacked as far as I''m concerned. If we win both our home games this week I may start to believe again but I can only see us getting a point at best.

I would give up if i were you lot. We have no chance with the players and set up we have.

Even our goal difference isn''t an advantage anymore.

i''d agree with that, it''s hard to see where the points will come from, though i couldn''t see us taking 4 points off wolves this season, lets just hope they actually put in 9 good performances,

[quote user="whoareyou?"]

I would give up if i were you lot. We have no chance with the players and set up we have.

Even our goal difference isn''t an advantage anymore

i''m very realistic and it does look like we''re finished, i just can''t get it into my head yet though, probably because the unthinkable is going to happen, i live in hope that we do something

Barnsely have a track record of putting runs together at the right tome to avoid the drop - its in their blood.

Yes, they have some difficult fixtures, but then so do we. A critical point is that they have Blackpool and Forest at home and Plymouth and Watford away. I would assume that they would get at least seven points from these 4 games and their 3 games in hand (i.e. in line with their average points per game). This would put them 10 points ahead of us. Assuming they pick up nothing from their other 5 games (unlikley), I cant see us picking up 10 points from 9 games on current form.

Even if Barnsley do get relegated, we should not forget that Southampton have a agme in hand (vs Watford!!) and have rediscivered the art of winning at home. They have good form recently and were only narrowly beated away to Birmingham yesterday. They look like escaping back into the mid table pack.

Consequently, it looks like 50 points plus is likely to be required for survival. This means a minimum of 14 points from 9 games (an average of 1.56 points per game compared with our season average of 0.97). Not impossible, but we are clearly dependent upon other teams failing rather than having it all in our own hands.

[quote user="steve o"]

i''d agree with that, it''s hard to see where the points will come from, though i couldn''t see us taking 4 points off wolves this season, lets just hope they actually put in 9 good performances,

[/quote] I think we have only managed nine good performances in the last couple of seasons so to hope for nine good performances in a row is asking for the impossible with the bunch of no hopers we''ve got playing for us at the moment.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="steve o"]

[/quote] I think we have only managed nine good performances in the last couple of seasons so to hope for nine good performances in a row is asking for the impossible with the bunch of no hopers we''ve got playing for us at the moment.[/quote]quite right there, but they have to do it if they want to stay up

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="steve o"]

[/quote] I think we have only managed nine good performances in the last couple of seasons so to hope for nine good performances in a row is asking for the impossible with the bunch of no hopers we''ve got playing for us at the moment.[/quote]

Can''t argue with that [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

17/3 Palace away

7/4 Sheffield Utd away

21/4 Coventry away

[/quote]the way our season is going and other teams picking up pionts when we dont..i can see them getting at least a minimum of 3 points from the 3 in hand pos 4 points...sorry to bring it down but thats how our luck is going

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="steve o"]

[/quote] I think we have only managed nine good performances in the last couple of seasons so to hope for nine good performances in a row is asking for the impossible with the bunch of no hopers we''ve got playing for us at the moment.[/quote]quite right there, but they have to do it if they want to stay up[/quote]

I was at  Blackpool and apart from the odd exception they didnt look like they want to stay up!! IMO we WILL NOT get any more points away from home and maybe scrape between 6 and 9 points (if we are lucky at home), that puts us on 45 ish points.

League one here we come.

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="steve o"]

[/quote] I think we have only managed nine good performances in the last couple of seasons so to hope for nine good performances in a row is asking for the impossible with the bunch of no hopers we''ve got playing for us at the moment.[/quote]quite right there, but they have to do it if they want to stay up[/quote]Or they could not bother and just put their agents on notice to find them a move for next season. I don''t believe for one minute any more than 3 or 4 players who ran out for us at Blackpool on Saturday will be still at the club next year if we are relegated and worryingly I think the players already know this.