Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Protesting outside the ground?

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?[/quote]I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!And before you know it, the Met have arrived and it all kicks off…Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!Think that covers it!The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left![/quote]We need some people to stand up then. Not be afraid to get the abuse that will follow and try and get the message across. We need an experience head to start it and I''m certainly willing to be one of the "young buggers" to help it along[/quote]I don''t want to over-dramatise it… but when WAY says its not very nice, that is an under-statement. Being gobbed at by old ladies is one thing… facing coppers on horse-back with truncheons drawn is another. For my troubles I ended up in court charged with "Behaviour likely to cause a riot"… and got sacked by a very un-sympathetic boss. Had I known that before I started protesting, I might not have carried on… who knows, that''s the benefit of hindsight, but its a big ask of someone isn''t it?Anyways, good luck, if thats what you decide to do…

i was part of the chase protests i dont remember anything about roy blower just remember being made half deaf by a huge speaker placed next to the barclay at half time to play music to drown out the protests! and being chased around the ground by cops on horses! it HAS to happen for the future of the club with this board we will never return from league1

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Might as well now, as it seems nothing else is going to work…

Some of the reason we put up with it is due to the nature of some of the folk that attend (some of the opponents to probing questions on Thursday night were testament to that)… Norfolk people aren''t really that rebellious are they (well not since Robert Kett… and the Chase Out days)?

To be honest, I couldn''t really give a flying frig if there is no-one to step into the void anymore, because to put it simply, can it really be any worse than what is happening at the moment?

Time to be honest and accept that where we are today is the inevitable culmination of the last 3 or 4 years, and it appears to me that our ''leaders'' have no idea how to arrest the slide. Thursday evening was a real eye-opener for me… there quite simply is no longer term vision than staying up… after that, I think they have absolutely no idea!

The other reason that there is no real protest is the lack of organisation. When the Chase Out protests started, there was a team of people that got together and made it happen. Unless it is properly organised, it can quickly become fractured and split and then it loses its natural energy… namely numbers / force of will.

So, sadly… unless someone is prepared to do what Roy Blower and the likes did against Fat Bob, then it will remain under-powered and not taken seriously enough.

And finally, it will need people to be prepared to get nicked for the cause… because if you really wish to change things through protest, then they need to be long and persistent… and that attracts Old Bill.

Hope that helps?
[/quote]

One problem, Andy, is that the current Chairman of NCISA, Roy Blower''s successor, is a former police officer. Would he be prepared to risk getting nicked by his former colleagues? I think pigs might fly before that happened.

One thing we did was have a sit in - about half the Lower Barclay stayed behind after a game.  We''d been playing Watford and Luther Blissett came out and had a laugh with us, I remember. 

Not very effective though - the club just left us to it until we got tired of chanting to ourselves and wandered off home [:$]

[quote user="jonny76"]i was part of the chase protests i dont remember anything about roy blower just remember being made half deaf by a huge speaker placed next to the barclay at half time to play music to drown out the protests! and being chased around the ground by cops on horses! it HAS to happen for the future of the club with this board we will never return from league1[/quote]take DELIA

I think we should take DELIA OUT banners to the scum match just incase its on Sky let it be known everywhere how we feel

You didn''t make it sound nice the first time round. The joys of reffing Sunday league means I''ve had my fair share of abuse, been pushed about a fair bit and spat at. Also taken a few punches in my time but that wasn''t in reffing.

I can remember being chased away by bloody police dogs.  I thought that was as low as we could go but the bar is being set lower and lower, for me the downward spiral started when Walker left the 1st time - 93/94. We are forever portrayed as just lil'' ole Norwich.  We have to change this mentality.  Fair play for the community work but the footballing side is a joke.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]One problem, Andy, is that the current Chairman of NCISA, Roy Blower''s successor, is a former police officer. Would he be prepared to risk getting nicked by his former colleagues? I think pigs might fly before that happened.[/quote]I don''t think that''s John''s style to be honest with you YH… and looking at the average age of most there, I don''t see too many Stormers of the Barricade''s… thats not a pop, just an observation.It usually requires the younger foot-soldiers to do the generals work for them… always have, always will. I wouldn''t mind being an artillery spotter at the moment, but I can do storm-trooping anymore… the old lady won''t allow it [:$]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="yellow hammer"]One problem, Andy, is that the current Chairman of NCISA, Roy Blower''s successor, is a former police officer. Would he be prepared to risk getting nicked by his former colleagues? I think pigs might fly before that happened.[/quote]

I don''t think that''s John''s style to be honest with you YH… and looking at the average age of most there, I don''t see too many Stormers of the Barricade''s… thats not a pop, just an observation.

It usually requires the younger foot-soldiers to do the generals work for them… always have, always will. I wouldn''t mind being an artillery spotter at the moment, but I can do storm-trooping anymore… the old lady won''t allow it [:$]
[/quote]

Agree. me and my mate felt really young the other night. NCISA is dominated by old members who see everything through delia tinted specs.

I felt a bit sorry for Smudger the other night. He could have handled himself a bit better but most there didnt wanna hear what he had to say!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]

I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.

Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!

And before you know it, the Met have arrived and it all kicks off…

Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.
But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!

Think that covers it!

The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left!

[/quote]

We need some people to stand up then. Not be afraid to get the abuse that will follow and try and get the message across. We need an experience head to start it and I''m certainly willing to be one of the "young buggers" to help it along
[/quote]

I don''t want to over-dramatise it… but when WAY says its not very nice, that is an under-statement. Being gobbed at by old ladies is one thing… facing coppers on horse-back with truncheons drawn is another. For my troubles I ended up in court charged with "Behaviour likely to cause a riot"… and got sacked by a very un-sympathetic boss.

Had I known that before I started protesting, I might not have carried on… who knows, that''s the benefit of hindsight, but its a big ask of someone isn''t it?

Anyways, good luck, if thats what you decide to do…
[/quote]

lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="yellow hammer"]One problem, Andy, is that the current Chairman of NCISA, Roy Blower''s successor, is a former police officer. Would he be prepared to risk getting nicked by his former colleagues? I think pigs might fly before that happened.[/quote]

I don''t think that''s John''s style to be honest with you YH… and looking at the average age of most there, I don''t see too many Stormers of the Barricade''s… thats not a pop, just an observation.

It usually requires the younger foot-soldiers to do the generals work for them… always have, always will. I wouldn''t mind being an artillery spotter at the moment, but I can do storm-trooping anymore… the old lady won''t allow it [:$]
[/quote]

Agree. me and my mate felt really young the other night. NCISA is dominated by old members who see everything through delia tinted specs.

I felt a bit sorry for Smudger the other night. He could have handled himself a bit better but most there didnt wanna hear what he had to say!

[/quote]

Sorry, I''ve missed something... what did Smudger do? Don''t tell me he turned up for something!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]

No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$]
[/quote]

Those were dark days Andy, and sadly, they MUST come again.[:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]

No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$]
[/quote]

Those were dark days Andy, and sadly, they MUST come again.[:(]

[/quote]

agree Wiz. I feel more hatred to this board to what i ever felt for Chase....and thats saying something!

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]From my quote from a Burnley fan thread
" "Burnley are a far smaller club right now than Norwich yet our fans simply would not put up with the same crap you have been doing..... it seems the Norwich way is to whine and whine but in the end just lie down and take it.""

We are currently sitting watching our team be destroyed and all we do is whinge

[/quote]

Spot on Thain. Im prepared to join those who are prepared to vent there anger OUTSIDE the ground on tuesday.

Yes im a fan, no im not going to stay away and im gonna give the boys all the support i can inside the ground.

[/quote]

I will be in The Nelson pre-match on Tuesday... I may give a DELIA OUT or SACK THE BOARD chant a go in there.

If it seems like a few are up for it then I will suggest that they take it down to the ground and sing for the silly cow to do one.

[/quote]

I honestly do not think it ws anywhere near as bad as many City fans paint that day to be Andy.

I was there in the thick of it and had the agility to run the police, their horses and their dogs a merry dance.

Maybe 15yrs or so older now... I will be a little too slow for them?

Still prepared to give it a go though... [;)]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]

I wasn''t at the earliest organisational stage… I simply got involved in organising petitions for him outside every turnstile (I know, it seems quaint now doesn''t it) which led to a couple of sly punches to the back of my head (when I was facing the other direction) and some gobbing in my face too (an old woman none the less… really rather vile!)… but gradually it took on a momentum of its own.

Roy was very successful in using the press to spread the word and also he managed to organise a couple of big meetings at St Andrew''s Hall, which were fantastically well attended. And then, you add in the gun powder of young buggers like myself (at the time) getting a bit uppity during the game, and letting people know that you''re headed for the main entrance after the game, and before you know it, there is a sizeable gathering. Its no good doing that bit any other time apart from during the game, as it relies on people being hot-headed and not necessarily thinking about the actions that they are about to take… when the blood is up so to speak!

Now all flippancy aside, I would have thought that Delia and Co would not like to see that sort of thing happening… its very much like a civil war, it splits friends. Its never pleasant.
But it might focus her attention on wether she really wants to remain in charge of such a poisoned atmosphere!

Think that covers it!

The one thing to bear in mind, was the last protests lasted months, we don''t have that many games left!

[/quote]

This is exactly why protests should happen immediately Andy (both before and after the game on Tuesday night).

I am happy to start some anti-board chants in The Nelson prior to the match.

I wonder how many will join in???

I wonder if somebody will land me one?

Will it stop me if I decide that is what I want to do???

Does it harm the team?

It didnt do southampton or Ipswich much harm did it?!

Lets back the boys on tuesday inside the ground but let the board feel the wrath on the outside.

What other teams would put up with this crap?!

Im always optimistic, but im down in the dumps and fed up now.

[/quote]

Agreed, demos outside havent got a history of affecting the team inside, as long as it stays outside and doesnt carry on to when the game is played.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="kiwiNCFC"]What did roy blower do out of interest?
[/quote]

Think that covers it!

[/quote]

This is exactly why protests should happen immediately Andy (both before and after the game on Tuesday night).

[/quote]

You always stand up for what you believe in mate and I admire you for that.

Does it harm the team?

It didnt do southampton or Ipswich much harm did it?!

Lets back the boys on tuesday inside the ground but let the board feel the wrath on the outside.

What other teams would put up with this crap?!

Im always optimistic, but im down in the dumps and fed up now.

[/quote]

You won''t achieve anything. The club has no money and has been seeking investment for several months now without success...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Think that covers it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, that should be enough to get the Board to resign! Well done!

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Think that covers it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, that should be enough to get the Board to resign! Well done!

[/quote]

At least it''s a start... a lot more than you are willing to do.

You just keep on getting fleeced and sitting their quietly.

Just posted this on another thread too...........

People keep saying it (protesting) would do no good but 3 things may come of it:

1) They will start being a lot more pro active about seeking a buyer, instead of letting people come to us.

2) It may get some publicity that we are dissatisfied, meaning people will realise that and come forward and force the boards hand.

3) It may force the asking price to be lowered as they may not want to sick around.

Lets do it.

And just before i am hung. I AM a fan and i want change. I sick of seeing my club in this situation and being led by a bunch of fools.

Fools who never challenge a manager about bringing in "back up" loanees (who clearly dont improve the team), bring in dud managers, not learning from their past mistakes and fools who would know what the clubs best interests were if they poked them in the eye.

"You won''t achieve anything. The club has no money and has been seeking investment for several months now without success..."Seeking investment?Like the way they turned Cullum away?Or like the way they massively overvalued the club?Or the way Delia has gone back on her word?I could go on and on....

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

I would attend a protest in a heartbeat, don''t get me wrong. But I simply cannot afford £25 a week to go and get depressed for 2 hours. I spend that money more wisely on food and bills.[/quote]Sounds like a financial decision rather than a protest?

Well said Andy, that''s entirely the reason I put the question to Doncaster and Munby, I needed to hear them say that they had no plans for the future, no ideas as to improve things. Munby laughed off my points on having long term plans, and said flippantly that they didn''t plan that long ahead (in answering my question as to whether they had 2, 5 or 10 year plans).

I am more than worried about the future for our club, there''s little in my opinion that can be done (under the control of this board) to rectify the present and we are going down to the Third Division with the club in turmoil, the fans divided and in some cases fighting in the stands amongst themselves.

I certainly don''t want to protest again, and I was looking to the board to provide some realistic ideas for the future. Is it they don''t see themselves providing that future for NCFC or simply that they don''t have a clue.