Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

so was gunny a bad choice then ?

considering the mess roeder left this club in when he left , i think gunny is doing a great job.

everyone or should i say most think he was a bad choice of manager .

we have a fighting chance of staying up and i think this man is right for the job.

a good win against qpr away , and a good win against the fourth place team tonight .

and both gunnys new men up front both scored on thier debut.

i realise we still have one hell of a fight on our hands , but i do fancy our chances now .

well done gunny , lets keep the faith .

Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox - [quote]Lets not get carried away again[/quote]

They can''t help it...All aboard the magic bus.

[quote user="singing canary"]

considering the mess roeder left this club in when he left , i think gunny is doing a great job.

everyone or should i say most think he was a bad choice of manager .

we have a fighting chance of staying up and i think this man is right for the job.

a good win against qpr away , and a good win against the fourth place team tonight .

and both gunnys new men up front both scored on thier debut.

i realise we still have one hell of a fight on our hands , but i do fancy our chances now .

well done gunny , lets keep the faith .

[/quote]Probably. Who can know?Roeder didn''t leave us in a mess, he eradicated an extremely unprofessional / illegal trait at the club that was not easy to do quietly. There was an element that needed attention and he did just that. He needed another 12 months to fix the problemGunn should have changed things after the apalling performance at Loftus, he didn''t, now he has so fair play.I still have money on Bowen arriving in the summer..... if we stay up

[quote user="shyster"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox - [quote]Lets not get carried away again[/quote]

They can''t help it...

All aboard the magic bus.
[/quote]

Bloody relieved for the win, but lets not go mental just yet eh?

Just enjoy the win................Yippee!

[quote user="IBA"]Roeder didn''t leave us in a mess, he eradicated an extremely unprofessional / illegal trait at the club that was not easy to do quietly. There was an element that needed attention and he did just that. He needed another 12 months to fix the problem[/quote]Intriguing...

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="shyster"]Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox - [quote]Lets not get carried away again[/quote]

They can''t help it...All aboard the magic bus.[/quote]

Bloody relieved for the win, but lets not go mental just yet eh?

Just enjoy the win................Yippee!

[/quote]

I''m absolutely elated with the victory and performance over Cardiff this evening, Wiz. But one just knows that level of performance will oddly dissipate Blackpool-esque style come the Plymouth game.We need 12 pts from the remaining eight fixtures -- our average pts per eight games this season is 7.8.  [:(]

In fairness to Gunny - I think he is only on temp basis until end of season. His first managerial job, ans IMO doing an ok job!

Had a few games now - seems to have sorted things out - really like the look of Cody - who could be the shooting boots we need!!

City till I die!

He looks like he is getting more tactically aware as each game passes, he brought Shakell back, Gow, and Mooney in on loan and they all made a real difference tonight and as for Cody? he looks like a whippet!! He made wise subs at the right times and picked a winning team! so, Gunn might be short on experiance but there was a TEAM playing tonight (after sat it must have taken something special to lift that performance out of the team) and so I think, without getting carried away, that we may just have a chance of staying up under Gunn''s leadership!

Yep. He is still the wrong choice. He may well be learning and improving (Saturday now becomes the real test because it will be a completely different type of game) but we should never have appointed someone who needs to learn on the job. We can''t afford mistakes in our position

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]Yep. He is still the wrong choice. He may well be learning and improving (Saturday now becomes the real test because it will be a completely different type of game) but we should never have appointed someone who needs to learn on the job. We can''t afford mistakes in our position[/quote]

Thing is Roeder was experienced, and look what happened under him this season.

All credit to Gunny last night, got it spot on.  I REALLY hope he does well, but don''t think he was the right choice in the circumstances. 

If i remember right, we were in a higher league placing when Roeder left than we are now.

If we win on Saturday we have a chnace of staying up..if we lose or even just draw, i think it is pretty much all over!

At least Gunn isn''t trying to reinvent the wheel, the way Roeder and Grant both tried to do.  His biggest problem seems to be finding the best mixture of players who play with passion and work well together. Last night''s game indicates that maybe he has found the magic formula, and if he sticks to it as much as possible, we will be fine. If he does a Roeder/Grant impersonation and needlessly tinkers with it, we are screwed royally.

To avoid a back luck omen, players will not be paying their own way to the game on Saturday.  ha ha, I know, it''s a home game.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

If i remember right, we were in a higher league placing when Roeder left than we are now.

If we win on Saturday we have a chnace of staying up..if we lose or even just draw, i think it is pretty much all over!

[/quote]

And maybe we would be higher if Roeder hadn''t lost the respect of the vast majority of players and fans, and if the board had sacked him earlier. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

And maybe we would be higher if Roeder hadn''t lost the respect of the vast majority of players and fans, and if the board had sacked him earlier. 

[/quote]

I think that another factor was that the teams around us at that time were not picking up any points either thus us staying out of it. That has now changed and they seem to be picking up alot of results due to manager changes. I personally think that the team in charge now is the way forward, we have been playing 10 fold better football than under the Roeder regime and hopefully now it will start to bare fruit!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I don''t think it''s a case of bad or good choice, but appointing Gunny as a manager was a risky choice.

[/quote]Smacks a little of sitting on the fence

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Great game,great result but Gunn was never and still isn''t my choice of manager.[:#][/quote]

My view too Inch High, I still back him, just! but he should have never got the job.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="IncH HigH"]Great game,great result but Gunn was never and still isn''t my choice of manager.[:#][/quote]My view too Inch High, I still back him, just! but he should have never got the job.[/quote]So, you agree with him leaving Jamie out of the squad then wiz? Good to see you coming to your senses at last! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="IncH HigH"]Great game,great result but Gunn was never and still isn''t my choice of manager.[:#][/quote]My view too Inch High, I still back him, just! but he should have never got the job.[/quote]So, you agree with him leaving Jamie out of the squad then wiz? Good to see you coming to your senses at last! [:D][/quote]

He called a good side last night Lapps, and you shouldn''t, barring injuries, change it.

[quote user="singing canary"]

cheap option yes , but someone with the best interests at heart for the club.

[/quote]

For me that is priceless. Someone with the best interests of the club. In addition it should not be forgotton that it is not just Gunn but also Crook, Butterworth & Deehan. There were strong calls on this board each time we carelessly lost a manager for Crook and now we have him. He just doesn''t have the "manager" badge.

There are some right planks on here that think we can get a magician for manager who will sort everything instantly. Stand up all those who say that Gunn was the cheap option. If you ask them who you will almost certainly get either:

1) A proven failure sacked by someone else.

2) A unproven lower league manager (though if we end up in Div 1 this will be hard) who probably wouldn''t want to risk his reputation by taking on this shambles.

Compared with this Gunn does me fine for this year and next (we need continuity) whatever happens this year. Then we can see how it pans out.