Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Martin Taylor - Shocking

Just had my morning paper through the post (got a good lil paper boy[:D]) and I get the sun, and Eduardo has told the press that Martin Taylor never said sorry to him after the tackle!

I think that this is really out of order and he should say sorry in tomorrows paper!!

Thats All[:^)]

I am sure I read at the time quotes from Tiny apologising and saying he had spoken to him etc.

Hope this is just a misquote as Tiny seemed genuinely upset at the time!

Hmmm. Well The Sun loves a scandal, and the mail hates Johnny Foreigners. So I wouldn''t believe either of them personally!

Who actually cares?Sure, it was a nasty tackle, and it''s obviously good to see Eduardo back and scoring. But that''s football lads, get on with it!

I wouldn''t believe anything that rag prints! Get a well written paper like the Telegraph or Guardian, their sports writers aren''t monobrowed Neanderthals!!

[quote user="Mook"]Hmmm. Well The Sun loves a scandal, and the mail hates Johnny Foreigners. So I wouldn''t believe either of them personally![/quote]

Ha ha, another stereotypical Daily Mail knocker.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[quote user="Mook"]Hmmm. Well The Sun loves a scandal, and the mail hates Johnny Foreigners. So I wouldn''t believe either of them personally![/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha, another stereotypical Dail Mail reader.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, not. Funnily enough, I read the Times but it always makes me laugh how so many people jump on the "let''s knock the Dail Mail" bandwagon. A bit sheeplike if you ask me, but then of course you didn''t.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

Just had my morning paper through the post (got a good lil paper boy[:D]) and I get the sun, and Eduardo has told the press that Martin Taylor never said sorry to him after the tackle!

I think that this is really out of order and he should say sorry in tomorrows paper!!

[/quote]

If that is true Im glad we didnt sign him.

This is the same newspaper who said during the Hillsborough incident that the LFC fans were.......... Perhaps not always best to believe what the papers say....

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, not. Funnily enough, I read the Times but it always makes me laugh how so many people jump on the "let''s knock the Dail Mail" bandwagon. A bit sheeplike if you ask me, but then of course you didn''t.

[/quote]I Think, ''Al Guido'', arguing over a Newspaper is slightly..yeah.

[/quote]

Erm, it''s the Sun, what do you expect?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I Think, ''Al Guido'', arguing over a Newspaper is slightly..yeah.
[/quote]

Nope, not arguing. Just making a point in response. I''m sorry if that causes you a problem.

I''d just like to add that I read the Cromer Crab-Line and particularly enjoyed the article in the current issue about St Margarets Church Thorpe Market and the "not quite retirement" of Margaret Hunter. However there''s not much of a sports section and I doubt they would be able to shed much light on whether Tiny had apologised to Eduardo. But I thought I''d check in the Daily Mirror and they had this to say at the time[:^)]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport-old/football/2008/03/26/arsenal-striker-eduardo-s-amazing-offer-to-player-who-crippled-him-115875-20363261/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport-old/football/2008/03/27/martin-taylor-i-did-try-to-say-sorry-to-eduardo-115875-20364168/

However, I much prefer the Crab-Line and occasionally the Big Issue. Can we really stereotype people by what paper they read? What do the rest of you prefer to read and what do my choices say about me[:^)][:O]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d just like to add that I read the Cromer Crab-Line and particularly enjoyed the article in the current issue about St Margarets Church Thorpe Market and the "not quite retirement" of Margaret Hunter. However there''s not much of a sports section and I doubt they would be able to shed much light on whether Tiny had apologised to Eduardo. But I thought I''d check in the Daily Mirror and they had this to say at the time[:^)]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport-old/football/2008/03/26/arsenal-striker-eduardo-s-amazing-offer-to-player-who-crippled-him-115875-20363261/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport-old/football/2008/03/27/martin-taylor-i-did-try-to-say-sorry-to-eduardo-115875-20364168/

However, I much prefer the Crab-Line and occasionally the Big Issue. Can we really stereotype people by what paper they read? What do the rest of you prefer to read and what do my choices say about me[:^)][:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Blimey, dare to take on a 1K plus poster on here and you all come rattling out of the woodwork ! Of course, you can''t stereotype people by what paper they read but that wasn''t my point but perhaps you are starting a new topic. Your post above seems to suggest that you are someone who is slightly smug and self-satisfied and you also think you are amusing which, no doubt, from time to time you are.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Blimey, dare to take on a 1K plus poster on here and you all come rattling out of the woodwork ! Of course, you can''t stereotype people by what paper they read but that wasn''t my point but perhaps you are starting a new topic. Your post above seems to suggest that you are someone who is slightly smug and self-satisfied and you also think you are amusing which, no doubt, from time to time you are.

[/quote]

Well allllriiiiighhht...

But I wasn''t taking on anyone. I tried to shed some light on whether Tiny had said sorry and just wondered if we really can stereotype people by their choice of newspaper. Maybe Crab-Liners are smug and Big Issueists are self-satisfied? What paper do you read my friend?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well allllriiiiighhht...

But I wasn''t taking on anyone. I tried to shed some light on whether Tiny had said sorry and just wondered if we really can stereotype people by their choice of newspaper. Maybe Crab-Liners are smug and Big Issueists are self-satisfied? What paper do you read my friend?

[/quote]

Of course Tiny apologised, the Daily Mail said he did, so he must have done. I don''t think the Times covered the apology because Tiny is a football player not a rugger man. I have only read the Times since it became a tabloid so I don''t read it at weekends because it is too big and voluminous and I only have small arms.

It is the Currant Bun FFS!

Martin Taylor DID apologise to Eduardo

Martin Taylor

MARTIN Taylor did apologise to Eduardo when he saw him.

The Arsenal striker has admitted that, because of pain-killing drugs, he can''t really remember the Blues defender visiting him in Selly Oak hospital.

And Eduardo claimed, according to a national newspaper: "Apology? There has been no apology. How can I accept an apology if I haven''t seem him or spoken to him?

"I think he came to the hospital, but I did not see him. My wife told me that he came to see me while I was having the operation and someone pointed out Taylor to her at the hospital. Maybe he was there when I was unconscious but I certainly did not see him that day. But if he comes to me now then I will accept an apology. I am a son of God so I will accept an apology."

However, when Taylor talked to the Birmingham Mail about his tackle that shattered Eduardo''s leg and  ankle, and the aftermath, he stressed they had spoken and left on good terms.

Taylor and Blues understand that Eduardo has a hazy recollection because of the medicine that had been administered to him.

And they have made no public comment because they do not want it interpreted that Eduardo is lying.

But, at the same time, they have felt a need to respond and clarify the situation, which continues to run and run and be fuelled by such sensational stories.

In the Birmingham Mail interview, Taylor said that it was ''incredibly noble'' of Eduardo to see him, as he thought he might not because he had suffered  ''a lot of trauma''.

"But he was really kind to see me," Taylor said. "Although there was a language barrier I just said that I didn’t mean him any harm at all. And I hoped that he made a quick recovery. He took it on board and nodded. I was just really glad we could communicate."

Taylor said he was sorry for the extent of Eduardo''s injury. He was under no obligation to apologise for the tackle as he made a genuine attempt to get the ball and not the man.

Taylor also stressed that he would keep in contact with Eduardo and speak to him again in the future to see how his rehabilitation was progressing.

Taylor was sent-off for the challenge in the 2-2 draw on February 23 and has served a three-match ban. He is due to return to the Blues first team on Saturday against Manchester City because of Liam Ridgewell''s suspension.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

Of course Tiny apologised, the Daily Mail said he did, so he must have done. I don''t think the Times covered the apology because Tiny is a football player not a rugger man. I have only read the Times since it became a tabloid so I don''t read it at weekends because it is too big and voluminous and I only have small arms.

[/quote]

The Times is read by the people who run the country.

The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.

The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.

The News of the World is read by the ‘girlfriends’ of the people who run the country.

The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.

The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.

The Daily Express is read by the people who think the country ought to be run as it used to be run.

The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it still is run this way.

The Sun readers don’t care who runs the country, provided they don’t ban Page Three girls.

Are you Gordon Brown[:^)][:O]

[;)]

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s about taking on a "1k plus poster" (you mean me?). I''ve only racked up many posts because I''ve been posting since Chris Llewellyn was a regular starter.

If you''re looking for a response about my hatred of the mail, then read the Mail. Go on, give it a try. I don''t think I need to back it up, I''m sure the answers would be within. Jingoism, xenophobia, lead stories based on rumour that doesn''t stand up to questioning (see the "ban christmas" stories), hate-mongering, divisive, paranoia-inspiring rhetoric (mostly). And worst of all, it leads its readers to believe that if they were to dare not to buy it, the world could come crashing around their ears and they''d never know. I can''t stand it. But then, I can''t stand pretty much every newspaper as they are soley designed to sell news, not to provide news.

When I do read newspapers, I, like you, tend to read the Times. I''m not stereotyping it''s readers, if you re-read my post, I''m stereotyping the "news"paper itself. As for it''s readers, I''m constantly astounded (and personally a bit dismayed) that every newspaper I see under someone''s arm seems to be a Mail. But then I''m a lilly-livered lefty that would rather we all just got along.

The S*n is good for one thing and one thing only!!!!!

For using when you''ve run out of loo paper!!!!!!!

RAG!

Anything that has ever involved Piers ''Tw*t'' Morgan should be disposed of pronto!

Oh what the heck, I''m in for a bit of paper stereotyping. I read the local rags online for football news and that''s about it day by day, unless I am on holiday when I get any broadsheet offering free chocolate!

I read the Guardian or Times on Saturday if I have the time to do so. I read a rotation of Telegraph, Times and Observer on Sundays and take a week to get through all the supplements.

The Daily Mail - I went in Morrisons earlier in the week and a sales lady offered me the DM for free. I told her (with a straight face) it wasn''t quite my kind of paper, very politely of course.

The Daily Mail once ran a story on single mothers being the cause of all ills in the country. (So it''s all my fault folks!!) Since then I haven''t wanted to touch its sides. The rest of the red tops just hold no interest to me, but hey, it''s a big wide world and everyone has different needs.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Al Guido"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I Think, ''Al Guido'', arguing over a Newspaper is slightly..yeah.[/quote]

Nope, not arguing. Just making a point in response. I''m sorry if that causes you a problem.

[/quote]Don''t worry about it.  He''s a Muslim, and you know what that lot are like.

[/quote]

Thats rubbish because I remember a radio interview with Taylor where he said he''d been to the hospital to see him and apologise and I''d believe a live interview with him over the Sun any day

Im not speaking from experience... but im 99% sure that if some one had just tackled me, and i was doubled up in pain, and looked down to see that my bone was was on the wrong side of my skin, and screaming, i wouldnt really be able to recolect a few months later wether the bloke said sorry or not.

Frankly, im not entirely sure wether eduardo would give two poopoos anyway... after all... he did get paid several thousand pounds a week to watch football on telly for a few months... champion!

offer me a million pound for a broken leg any day. especially if i had doctors and physios good enough to get me up and running again that quickly!