Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

WE WANT HUGHES BACK

on wiki it says hes a cult fave at leeds, did you see the goals vid (link posted in another thread) the Ashton volley, the pass from Hughes was amazing.

That pass from Hughes to Ashton was amazing eh?  You mean the one he attempted hundreds of times during the season, after he tried unsuccessfully to beat the left midfielder or the left back on the outside, realised he''d no chance of doing anything with the ball and lobbed it accross the box with his left foot more in hope than in expectation. Yes - that''s the one.

If you buy a big bundle tickets for the raffle eventually one of them will be a winner. The Ashton one was a winner. Some of his crosses were either catching practice for the keeper, heading practice for the centre backs - most of them were ducking practice for the Barclay.

Supporting Hughes as a cult hero was the equivalent of cheering on Eddie the Eagle, in the vain hope he might, one day, be a winner.

Possibly one of the worst footballers to play for NCFC.

I think this subject has been done to death and always illicits a devisive response. I have always said I''d never have Hughes back and was about to say so again but am tempted to change my mind and stick him in as right-back

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

That pass from Hughes to Ashton was amazing eh?  You mean the one he attempted hundreds of times during the season, after he tried unsuccessfully to beat the left midfielder or the left back on the outside, realised he''d no chance of doing anything with the ball and lobbed it accross the box with his left foot more in hope than in expectation. Yes - that''s the one.

If you buy a big bundle tickets for the raffle eventually one of them will be a winner. The Ashton one was a winner. Some of his crosses were either catching practice for the keeper, heading practice for the centre backs - most of them were ducking practice for the Barclay.

Supporting Hughes as a cult hero was the equivalent of cheering on Eddie the Eagle, in the vain hope he might, one day, be a winner.

Possibly one of the worst footballers to play for NCFC.

[/quote]Even Carl Robinson was worse, and he wasnt the worst ive seen, and ive only been going 10 years, lol

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I''d have him back.[/quote]Fool.  Him and Lappin in the team with Worthless as manager.      I suspect that would keep you happy.

hes the best right back since edworthy , look at the others  louis jean , colin, velasco and semi    hughes was consistently better than all of those  [:D]

How low our expectations have become,  and short our memories are [:(]  He was truly appalling no matter how much effort he gave us.

I keep hoping this post is fullof irony - but sadly its does not appear to be so.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

How low our expectations have become,  and short our memories are [:(]  He was truly appalling no matter how much effort he gave us.

I keep hoping this post is fullof irony - but sadly its does not appear to be so.

[/quote]

100% agree. "I''ll do a job for you Boss" said enthusiastically is NOT sufficient qualification to play for Norwich City.

Thankfully we now have 4 men in charge who know what it takes to be good enough for Norwich City and there is a huge amount of work needed to achieve this. Getting to the point where we have 11 men good enough for us is the next challenge. Andy Hughes was never, through no fault of his own, good enough to wear the shirt and not fit to lace the boots of Gunn, Crook, Butterworth or Deehan. Having said that, how many of the current squad are? Lots of work to do, but Andy Hughes? WTF???[+o(]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Andy Hughes was the best player we ever had that is crap so we need him back :P
[/quote]

I agree he is the best crap player we ever had, but I think he would be perfect in League 1, where we may be next year.

I would love to see him back here as i never wanted him to go.

This is because as people has said he always gave 110% and he was such a friendly player to meet.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]its shocking to realise he''s a better right back than what we have currently available...[/quote]

Sad but true.  We have never really replaced Eddie have we?

Even then Hughesy still had some shockers at RB but as a midfielder he was consistently dreadful.  I remember watching his 2nd game for us (a night match v Crewe) and realised Worthy had been seriously conned out of £500,000.

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]its shocking to realise he''s a better right back than what we have currently available...[/quote]

Sad but true.  We have never really replaced Eddie have we?

Even then Hughesy still had some shockers at RB but as a midfielder he was consistently dreadful.  I remember watching his 2nd game for us (a night match v Crewe) and realised Worthy had been seriously conned out of £500,000.

[/quote]i remember the 4-0 away loss at readingthe home crowd didnt boo, or clapthey laughed and heckled....

[quote user="Hughesy"]

I would love to see him back here as i never wanted him to go.

This is because as people has said he always gave 110% and he was such a friendly player to meet.

[/quote]

...unless he was being subbed and you said something he didn''t like

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Some of his crosses were either catching practice for the keeper, heading practice for the centre backs - most of them were ducking practice for the Barclay.[/quote]I have to say Tim that the final part of that sentence had me in stitches.Nicely phrased and genuinely amusing.If only the idea of Hughes returning was even vaguely amusing instead of grim...