Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You might not like this!

[quote user="cambscanary"]

I have to agrree with Wiz (christ thats a first). But for a different reason, if you leave Curo out now it''ll crush him for the rest of the season, he''s had his confidence hit hard by rodent already this season and if he doesn''t get support from Gunny after his misses last night i fear it could crush him once again and this time i believe that would be that from him. Stick with him and give him another chance.

Saying that it is very very frustrating that he seems to miss these chances more and more!!!

[/quote]

Agreed, cureton to his credit is getting himself into the right areas he just needs to put a couple away and he can still be valuable to us. yeah he has missed chances but he is doing a good shift for the team at the minute and while the team is doing ok then there must be as little tinkering as possible

Its a poser really.  We currently have too many players who have earned the right to be on the pitch for the bristol city match.MarshallOtsemoborDohertyGroundsBertrandDruryCroftClinganRussellCarneyHoolahanCortPlus Leijer, Gow, Killen, MaccyD who have recently signed and should be evaluated.Tough times for Gunny :)

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You did just advocate dropping Marshall and Russell in another thread Wiz, although I may have missed some sarcasm in that.
[/quote]

Not just you by the looks of it star.[:D]

I have to admit I''m torn on this issue.  I agree with Wiz in that you should not change a team that is doing well, our promotion season was built around stability as the team picked itself each match.  However, I personally would drop him, as you could argue he has cost us 4 point in the last 2 games by missing chances that really should have been put away.  At the end of the day his job is to score goals, he isn''t doing that. We simply don''t have the time for him to find form when he simply hasn''t had any in the last 2 years. [:O]

As Mr. Spock once said "The needs of the many outweigh those of the few." In this case if it''s JC''s confidence against points on the table then I know what I would sacrifice.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Especially the lets destroy Jamie clan!

But last nights draw (felt like a win) was a superb all round TEAM effort, and Jamie C was part of that team. And I''d start with the same line up againt Brissie on Saturday.

Thats 4 games unbeaten now, all with Curo in the side, he unsettles defenders and keeps them occupied.

And the golden rule always was, barring injuries, you never change a team which is gelling and fighting for each other.......God, didn''t life under Roeder show that?

[/quote]im 50/50 on this wiz...yes we should not change an unbeaten team...but poor jamie lad missed a few sitters last night...we are unbeaten in four   1 win 3 draws   when it could have been 3 wins 1 draw....i like curo but he cant keep missing chances like he did last night an has in the past...would give killen his debut...think curo would be very good from the bence last 20 mins or so

Keep the same team imo.

Cureton has been awful by his standards this season, but we all know what he''s capable of, and you know that if he gets one or two, then more will likely follow, and Cureton in a purple patch is guaranteed to get you goals by the bucketload. In light of the amount of chances we created last night, I think a bit of faith could be well-timed.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

He has to be dropped - but onto the bench.Strikers missing chances are big mistakes - when they''re paid not to miss.  If Marshall made as many mistakes in a game as Curo missed chances, he would rightly be slaughtered as we''d concede even more goals.  He would be dropped  - same should apply to Curo.I like Jamie very much, nice having a player who cares and you know puts in 100% all the time....  But, strikers are judged by goals and he''s not scoring them.  So despite his effort, he''s not doing his job.  He''s also the type of striker like Earnshaw, Owen, etc, whose only use to a team is goals - he might run about, but he''s not much use to anything but the attack (not a criticism, it''s just the sort of player he is), and if he''s not contributing very much you can''t justift playing him.I think the issue people have with you Wiz, is your blind faith in Jamie lad, who in your eyes can do no wrong, when if it was any other striker, you would be constantly slating them like you do pretty much everyone else.

[quote user="Belinda Carlisle"][quote user="National express super guard "]Carney probably needs to start, a left winger who can cross, who was last person to do that
[/quote]

David Bell.
[/quote]

good point

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]He has to be dropped - but onto the bench.

Strikers missing chances are big mistakes - when they''re paid not to miss.  If Marshall made as many mistakes in a game as Curo missed chances, he would rightly be slaughtered as we''d concede even more goals.  He would be dropped  - same should apply to Curo.

I like Jamie very much, nice having a player who cares and you know puts in 100% all the time....  But, strikers are judged by goals and he''s not scoring them.  So despite his effort, he''s not doing his job.  He''s also the type of striker like Earnshaw, Owen, etc, whose only use to a team is goals - he might run about, but he''s not much use to anything but the attack (not a criticism, it''s just the sort of player he is), and if he''s not contributing very much you can''t justift playing him.

I think the issue people have with you Wiz, is your blind faith in Jamie lad, who in your eyes can do no wrong, when if it was any other striker, you would be constantly slating them like you do pretty much everyone else.
[/quote]

As you''ve said this Mark, example posts please.

Time and time again I have said on here that JC is a proven striker with the potential to score many goals for us alongside the right partners, within the right team structure and playing for a motivational manager who believes in him. My view is that Gunn has demonstrated obvious confidence in JC and the changes that have been recently made coupled to the type of players brought in and the fact that Cort (who I spoke highly of after the Reading match) is now being given an opportunity can only benefit Jamie and therefore all of us. I can''t belive that so many posters want to be so negative and critical of a permanent payer at the club who so clearly wants to do well and whose confidence was so obviously undermined by the spite of the rat man.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]For a start, Wiz, when Lupoli left you called him a temperamental sod.
[/quote]

True MM, but, not while he was here![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]For a start, Wiz, when Lupoli left you called him a temperamental sod. [/quote]

[/quote]But you did start a thread called "Sod off Earnshaw" whilst Earnie was still here didn''t you?[:)]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]For a start, Wiz, when Lupoli left you called him a temperamental sod.
[/quote]

[/quote]

But you did start a thread called "Sod off Earnshaw" whilst Earnie was still here didn''t you?[:)]

[/quote]

Err? No...........again while he was doing the dirty with Derby...........keep trying though!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/950422/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]For a start, Wiz, when Lupoli left you called him a temperamental sod. [/quote]

[/quote]But you did start a thread called "Sod off Earnshaw" whilst Earnie was still here didn''t you?[:)]

[/quote]

Err? No...........again while he was doing the dirty with Derby...........keep trying though!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/950422/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]Looks more like a yes to me Wiz, still not as bad as this one In denial and remember the ''Roeder only signs runts'' topic?Still serves nothing to dig up the past what I am undecided about is whether we are arguing that JC isn''t good enough for us at all or wwhether he isn''t good enough to maintain his status as first choice striker? I think he still has something to offer but in the hierarchy of strikers we have at the club he''s not good enough to justify even second place let alone first choice.The managers have been slated for playing Rusty as a striker but he does have a considerably better return than Jamie.Problem is if Jamie gets dropped he seems to struggle with the mental aspect of rejection and last time needed farmed out to Barnsley. Not neccesarily the behaviour of a good team player in my book, if you''re off form accept it and work harder to get back in but blubbing about being dropped and then going out on loan cuts no ice with me.I can fully understand Lupoli becoming increasingly fed up with JC being picked ahead of him and think Lupoli leaving was only a matter of time when Gunny came back. Anyone who has ever played a competitive sport will know the bitterness than can grow when you see an inferior player being picked over you simply because he''s mates with the person doing the picking.

Can''t blame him really.  Whatever he says he gets people having a pop, I too would avoid a thread where all people do is not be constructive but take any chance to have a pop.

My opinions have changed, it''s part of human nature, no doubt they will change again.

Although Wiz doesn''t sometimes help his own cause lol he makes me giggle with his opinions changing.  Human nature is quite an amazing thing if you sit back and watch a while.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Can''t blame him really.  Whatever he says he gets people having a pop, I too would avoid a thread where all people do is not be constructive but take any chance to have a pop.

My opinions have changed, it''s part of human nature, no doubt they will change again.

Although Wiz doesn''t sometimes help his own cause lol he makes me giggle with his opinions changing.  Human nature is quite an amazing thing if you sit back and watch a while.

[/quote]

But Wiz baiting is still legal in many parts of the UK....and its fun[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol you have a very evil streak in you.............I like it [:D]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I thought it was only permitted on Fridays these days.
[/quote]

That''s the one day its banned....because he''s always messing around with virgins!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I thought it was only permitted on Fridays these days.
[/quote]

That''s the one day its banned....because he''s always messing around with virgins!

[/quote]

Are you changing your name to "Wiz finder general" then?

Need a big pin a cross and some holey water (thats H2O without the OH)

Don''t mind helping with the witches [;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am allowed time off now and again for good behaviour guys!

And to honest, I enjoy it too Beauseant..............sometimes!!