Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Andy D'Urso

...type his name into google and the stories that come up, sums the man up.

You get a link to his wikipedia page which all it does is list higfh progile incidents he''s been involved, a youtube link of chants very similar to what you heard today, and an online petition to get him sacked. This guy really is an incompetent embarresment to the refereeing proffesion accross the UK!

He seemingly loves the limelight..and his decision making is just ridiculous, unfortuantely the only decision he got right was the Doherty incident. D''urso clearly thinks thaat the assalt on Adam Drury is legal, as is handball, and he also decided to punish Carl Cort; in the rare occaison he got away from the Bristol Defender who had his arms wrapped around his body.

If we are so short on referees to be handed this muppet i have serious worries about where things are going...., but i''m sure we''ll be ok, as we have the FA, who thought  handinng Durso the fixture was a good idea, despite whats gone before...

http://www.petitiononline.com/swfc08/petition.html

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65926235900&ref=nf - Join Here!

Why not write directly to those that appointed him Keith Hackett, Professional Game Match Officials Limited, 25 Soho Square, London, W1D 4FA. Expect only a PC reply because the bloke is a plonker that hides behind the even bigger anti british plonker Sepp Blatter at FIFA. Perhaps a few thousand letters landing on his desk might just concentrate his mind that D''Urso isnt good enough for the Premiership so why should we put up with him.

Pointless complaining the blokes an utter sh!te who makes no attempt to hide his dislike of NCFC.

I shall never watch another game at CR if he''s in charge as I prefer to see the players decide the result, not the ref.

[quote user="Huddy "]

You get a link to his wikipedia page which all it does is list higfh progile incidents he''s been involved, a youtube link of chants very similar to what you heard today, and an online petition to get him sacked. This guy really is an incompetent embarresment to the refereeing proffesion accross the UK!

He seemingly loves the limelight..and his decision making is just ridiculous, unfortuantely the only decision he got right was the Doherty incident. D''urso clearly thinks thaat the assalt on Adam Drury is legal, as is handball, and he also decided to punish Carl Cort; in the rare occaison he got away from the Bristol Defender who had his arms wrapped around his body.

If we are so short on referees to be handed this muppet i have serious worries about where things are going...., but i''m sure we''ll be ok, as we have the FA, who thought  handinng Durso the fixture was a good idea, despite whats gone before...

[/quote].......IS A BINNER....SIMPLE AS THAT

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]ANDY DONTKNOW....WHAT A W**KER WHAT A W**NER...ANDY DONTKNOW IS A CRUNT IS A CRUNT IS A CRUNT...AND SO ON...WENT TODAY..AND HE WAS BLOODY AWEFULL....WEARS HIS IPS**T SHIRT UNDERNEATH HIS REF SHIRT

We should have known we would lsoe once it was announced he was in charge. He never lets the players decide the result of a game.

So full of how own bloated ego that it''s frightening. He must have been picked on at school!

Does anyone know for sure who D''Urso supports? is it the scum? cause if thats true then surely he FA cant appoint him for any of our matches?One thing that struck me during the game. If your ref and youve got 25,000 people singing, ''DUrso, your a cunX, D''Urso D''Urso your a cunX''would you still be thinking objectively, ignore it and want to do your job to the best of your ability?I wonder what the consequences are for a poor performance? I would imagine absolutley nothing. The Drury penalty that he got wrong, i would think he will receive no backlash from the FA for that whatsoever. Surely his performance is assessed tho? But i doubt very much if he faces anything post match.So given that and if he is a binner, why would he give us a pen and help us? We had 3 pen shouts yesterday. And numerous other wrong decisions.Id be inclined to watch another game he refs just to see if he is as bad again or if its just us.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]A wizards pox on him and may his nob drop off![/quote]

On your past record Wiz you have just aided his sex life!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]A wizards pox on him and may his nob drop off![/quote]

On your past record Wiz you have just aided his sex life!!

[/quote]

ROFLMAO![Y]

...i''ll be keeping tabs on D''urso''s progress, and any other information about him, and his binner links on the facebook group!

Get people to join!

well he''s from Essex which I thought would be dodgy to start with as he obviously supports a local side, which means city aint his favourite team. he is an unfit ref, even made decisions for us which have been wrong, but yesterday just summed up his ability when in charge of our games

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is with deep regret that I write this letter however I

have never been so angry with what was once described as the beautiful game.

I understand that it is more the football clubs position to

contact the FA with regard to any problems regarding officials, however this is

twice that the same official has ruined football games that I have paid a

fortune to travel to and watch.

From the start, before the match there were comments

throughout the stadium that nobody could believe that the FA had given Mr

D''Urso the position of officiating in another Norwich

City v Bristol City

match after the blatant howlers that occurred in the previous meeting between

the two sides. It was obvious in that match that something was wrong with Mr

D''Urso''s attitude towards Norwich City Football Club. And yet the FA decided to

appoint him again to officiate the exact same fixture. I can tell you now, I was

flabbergasted along with the rest of the fans.

And so Mr D''Urso blew the starting whistle and from minute

one continued where he had left off at the previous meeting between the two

sides. If you were to review the tapes on the match it would be evident that he

persisted in giving fouls against Norwich players when no foul was committed

and yet when a Bristol player looked like he had assaulted a Norwich player, no

foul was given.

Just before half time the inevitable happened and Mr D''Urso

awarded a penalty to Bristol and sent off Norwich City''s captain. Now watch the tapes and

tell me that was a penalty. The defender clearly tackled the player, taking the

ball first, OUTSIDE the box, then his momentum takes him into the player INSIDE

the box. So, can you not tackle players anymore?

Throughout the game there were shouts for 3 penalties to be

awarded to Norwich.

2 for handball and one for a foul on Adam Drury. I admit that one of these was

a bit of an optimistic appeal but the second handball the Bristol player

clearly dived like a goalkeeper and palmed the ball around the post and the

Adam Drury foul, lets just say, even the Bristol fans after the game said it

was a nailed on penalty, the player did not play the ball and pushed Drury to

the ground - please review the tapes for evidence.

I find it hard to believe that the FA is pushing this

"respect" campaign and yet it fails in it''s duty to appoint quality,

professional referees. You only have to look as far as the sport of rugby to

see how professional referees should behave and see how much respect the fans

and players have for the referees. Mr D''Urso is not 100% to blame as he should

never have been put in the position of having to officiate this fixture after

the previous debacle, however you put him in that position and once again he

failed and cost a club points.

On a slightly more lighter/comical note, try

"googling" Andy D''Urso. In the top 10 hits you will see what fans

from around the country think of this inept official’s performances. Not only

is there an online petition to get rid of him, there are groups and reports of

all his errors. I don''t see too many other referees attracting this kind of

unwanted attention so there is obviously something amiss with Mr D''Urso that

upsets the fans who pay good money to have their team''s matches ruined by an

official trying to take centre stage. We are, after all, paying to watch a

football match, not a referee.

I urge you to think about the refereeing policy in great

detail, and especially the video technology debate since yesterday a quick word

from Mr D''Urso to his 4th official looking at a monitor would have seen a

different outcome to the match.

I thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely

Quote: "Throughout the game there were shouts for 3 penalties to be awarded to Norwich. 2 for handball and one for a foul on Adam Drury."

Good effort.

I was under the impression that one of our penalty shouts was for Cort having his shirt pulled by a Bristol defender. Is this correct?

The thing for me with this guy is that I can''t shake the feeling that its not just ineptitude because if it was it would tend to mean he was making bad decisions for both sides. Every time he refs our matches he consistently gives decisions against us. Yes he ay give us one or two meaningless decisions here and there to try and even things up but any big decision to be made and we have not got a hope. I don''t know if it was a pen and a red card yesterday or not. I''ve watched in on the TV several times and I still can''t tell. However D''urso had his red card out within 5 seconds of the tackle occuring.More annoying though was obviously the ludicrous Drury decision and the absolutely blatant handball in the first half when their defender dived in front of Russell''s shot! He also gave a ridiculous foul against cureton when he was hacked by their player right on the edge of their area.IMHO this guy has got something against us and i find it hard to look past the fact he comes from Essex where a large number of binmen are know to reside! If its not that then we have clearly done something else to offend him somewhere in the past!

[quote user="Evil"]Quote: "Throughout the game there were shouts for 3 penalties to be awarded to Norwich. 2 for handball and one for a foul on Adam Drury."

Good effort. I was under the impression that one of our penalty shouts was for Cort having his shirt pulled by a Bristol defender. Is this correct?[/quote]I was right in front of the incident and nine times out of ten in the same sittuation you could say six of one half a dozen of the other and the deffender usually will get the dessision,but on this ocassion Cort was being strangeld by his own shirt because he had to much strength for the deffender who was being dragged along and not once did Corts hands even come in to play it was a stone wall pen, 

Good letter Tipster - hits a much better note than a rant, which I am sure they get plenty of (and bin straight away) and thought out without sounding anti merely due to sour grapes (of course there''s a little in there, but not too much!). 

Re: D''urso generally, I have to say that binner supporting relatives of mine insist he is not one of them - they hate him as much as we do. 

The most annoying thing for me, other than the result being ''flawed'' is that it I drove for 6 hours, spending £45 on petrol, on the round trip to see a game that was decided by the referee to a far greater extent than it should have been.  When I saw in the EDP that D''Urso was ref, I was flabbergasted and almost wished I''d not bothered coming - only for my thoughts to be proven right.

This ''respect the ref'' campaign is wrong, imo - it should have started with supporters: we are the unthought of herd that will just keep on coming whatever, often paying through the nose for the privilege of being treated like crap by those in power. Games now happening regularly on Friday evenings, Saturday lunchtimes/evenings, Sunday lunchtimes/evenings, Monday evenings and so on - with no consideration for those who actually go to watch. 

One day they will perhaps realise that it is us supporters that keep the professional game going - but I''m not holding my breath

[quote user="leedscanary"]Mr D''Urso should be renamed Andy D''Oh-so[/quote]

Either that or Andy D''Unce!

Very good letter by the way Tipster, I hope you get some feedback from it.