Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Forget the REF ... we weren't good enough

Moan Moan Moan about the ref ...

Yes we all know he made mistakes but, we were poor before Doc got sent off. Better when we only had 10 men.

BUT BUT BUT .... (no I don''t stutter)

We simply didn''t paly well enough, AGAIN time after time we pass the ball too slow across the pitch, again we didn''t have any ideas around the last third of the pitch, again we leave one player who is surrounded by three bristol players to get out the the sh*t all on his own while we watch him struggle, again nobody dare shoot, certain players have there shoulder drooped and look like they just don''t want to be on the pitch. This is simply not good enough. I don''t care if Roeder, Grant, Gunn who ever is the manger they must get some of the players to stop playing the same rubbish every time!

Bristol City looked a good side, ALL the team moved froward with often 5 in our penalty area when attacking and then at least 6 back defending are very slow and boring across the pitch 4 times attack.

Croft was the only palyer who once again ran his heart out for the club, nearly getting a superb build up and shot into the net.

All we are doing is what Neil Adams stated, talking about a ref when we should be looking at the team.

Where is Pattison? his runs would have been good today, but he''s not even on the bench? injured?

Anyway, only 2 points from the drop zone with other teams with one or two games in hand.

Change we must or die we will!

Cheers All, (excuse the spelling and typos, written VEry QUICKLY)

Completely disagree. Considering we had ten men for the entire second half, I thought we did okay against one of the form sides of the Championship at the minute. Until our equaliser, I thought we weren''t great. Our midfield allowed themselves to be bossed around by a very competant Bristol midfield and on occasion I thought we tried to do too much. But I think once Grounds got the equaliser we sharpened up and looked the better team until the penalty.In the second half, considering we had 10 men to their 11, we played some decent possession football. Koi says we didn''t know what to do with it in the final third. I disagree, our problem was simply we had ten men trying to find a way through their eleven. Yes, we were lucky and Bristol missed a host of chances. Yes, I thought the defence could have done better at times. But at the end of the day, we didn''t conceed a third and should have had a penalty. No question. I personally thought we didn''t do too badly. Not our best performance by any means. But not our worst either.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Completely disagree. Considering we had ten men for the entire second half, I thought we did okay against one of the form sides of the Championship at the minute.

Until our equaliser, I thought we weren''t great. Our midfield allowed themselves to be bossed around by a very competant Bristol midfield and on occasion I thought we tried to do too much. But I think once Grounds got the equaliser we sharpened up and looked the better team until the penalty.

In the second half, considering we had 10 men to their 11, we played some decent possession football. Koi says we didn''t know what to do with it in the final third. I disagree, our problem was simply we had ten men trying to find a way through their eleven.

Yes, we were lucky and Bristol missed a host of chances. Yes, I thought the defence could have done better at times. But at the end of the day, we didn''t conceed a third and should have had a penalty. No question. I personally thought we didn''t do too badly. Not our best performance by any means. But not our worst either.
[/quote]

Sorry mate your wrong, we still look the same old same old rubbish.

How many times do our players like croft and hoolihan have to get past 3 defenders! Why can''t we play like a team more and support the attackers? Dury and hucks always had a doulble act. yet Ozzy couldn''t be bothered to assist croft and Hoolihan had lots of the ball only to lose out becaus enobody helped him out. Its like playing tennis, doing a drop shot and thinking yes I''ve won that point and forgeting that the other player has just hit it back to win the point, They all ball watch and don''t join in. My point is that in the last 3 seasons the general play is the same, we need to play more as a team and not as ... give it to croft or hoolihan beacuse they are the only people who attack. We had all of that with just hucks!

we are simply not good enough  unless we change the way our team plays together.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Koimatsuba - How may did Bristol City score in the 2nd half (against 10 men), basically talking out of your you know what....

[/quote]

How many did they need to score?

Dear oh dear ....  a bit of realism please. Cort was head and shoulders above any other player we had if not on the pitch, Clinghan can play the game, Doc and Marshall might just scrape by Croft shows spirit and the will to work .... but how many of the others do you really think are good enough? We had two full backs on Saturday, one of whom tried to play as he should but couldn''t and the other who didn''t know what he should be doing ... still in his case it must have saved on the laundry bill ... no dirt, no sweat, no effort!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Dear oh dear ....  a bit of realism please. Cort was head and shoulders above any other player we had if not on the pitch, Clinghan can play the game, Doc and Marshall might just scrape by Croft shows spirit and the will to work .... but how many of the others do you really think are good enough? We had two full backs on Saturday, one of whom tried to play as he should but couldn''t and the other who didn''t know what he should be doing ... still in his case it must have saved on the laundry bill ... no dirt, no sweat, no effort![/quote]Not true, we put a good shift in the second half. We were not great on Saturday sure - but we were not that bad. Lets face it, if we were awarded the penalty which we should have had - then it would have likely been 2-2 and we would be saying what a spirited fightback with 10 men. It was an ordinary performance on the whole, but no where near as ropey as some of you suggest.

The main point of the posting is correct. The more we concentrate on that awful referee, the more we fail to realise the shortcomings of the team. In the first half, we were totally outplayed. In the second half, we did have a good deal of possession, but we were invariably restricted to long shots from outside the box. Bristol City were deserved winners. They played neat and very controlled football, also the manager was very aware of how to beat Norwich. He had identified our gross weaknesses on the left: Drury lacking in pace and very often completely out of position and with no defensive support from Hoolihan, therefore just play everything down the right to expose Norwich''s left. The second point: someone said we had a lot of possession in the second half, almost as if we therefore deserved something out of the game. Bristol''s tactics in the second half were very clear and simple: allow Norwich possession, don''t wear yourselves out, just sit back and watch Norwich pass the ball aimlessly along the back four, then watch Norwich make a very laboured attempt to move forward, then just be patient and wait for them to lose the ball by a careless pass or a cross that the defence will have no problems dealing with or an off-target long shot, then just wait for the panic when a counter-attack is launched. The longer the game went on, the more obvious it was that Norwich were not going to score again because they had no idea of how to penetrate the Bristol defence. Bristol''s task was made even easier when the only two players who showed any idea of how to play winning football were substituted. We mostly looked like a relegation side and I think that we have to rely on another team having a disastrous run rather than salvation through our own merits. Although we had a completely different managerial and coching team, did anyone really see any difference from the Roeder style of losing football?

Or....maybe.....Bristol, a team on excellent form, were just better than us on the day. They have beaten us 4 times out of the last 4!

we were poor but not poor enough to lose that match..

Doc shouldn''t of been red carded he got the ball first.

Jamie should of converted -.-

explain that one for me!? because if we were poor and bristol were good how were we not poor enough to lose the game? the statement is we were not good enough to win the game

[quote user="Gorleston Robert"]The main point of the posting is correct. The more we concentrate on that awful referee, the more we fail to realise the shortcomings of the team. In the first half, we were totally outplayed. In the second half, we did have a good deal of possession, but we were invariably restricted to long shots from outside the box. Bristol City were deserved winners. They played neat and very controlled football, also the manager was very aware of how to beat Norwich. He had identified our gross weaknesses on the left: Drury lacking in pace and very often completely out of position and with no defensive support from Hoolihan, therefore just play everything down the right to expose Norwich''s left. The second point: someone said we had a lot of possession in the second half, almost as if we therefore deserved something out of the game. Bristol''s tactics in the second half were very clear and simple: allow Norwich possession, don''t wear yourselves out, just sit back and watch Norwich pass the ball aimlessly along the back four, then watch Norwich make a very laboured attempt to move forward, then just be patient and wait for them to lose the ball by a careless pass or a cross that the defence will have no problems dealing with or an off-target long shot, then just wait for the panic when a counter-attack is launched. The longer the game went on, the more obvious it was that Norwich were not going to score again because they had no idea of how to penetrate the Bristol defence. Bristol''s task was made even easier when the only two players who showed any idea of how to play winning football were substituted. We mostly looked like a relegation side and I think that we have to rely on another team having a disastrous run rather than salvation through our own merits. Although we had a completely different managerial and coching team, did anyone really see any difference from the Roeder style of losing football?
[/quote]

This reply is spot on, we are simply not good enough!

And where is Pattison? Please don''t tell me that because Roeder signed him hes not playing!!! I know he would have done better than some of the players on Saturday!!

two points from the drop with other teams with 2 games in hand, we are in big trouble, so like someone else states, lets not except this ''they weren''t that bad'' they lost! Final.

the end?

Whether we were good enough or not for me is irrelevant. It should be upto Bristol City to beat us by scoring goals fair and square and by decent defending, not by the ref providing the helping hand.

The first post is correct. It appears on occasions we play neat passing football. Play it down one side, bring it back accros the pitch, maintaining possesion, down the other side again. Try something that might result in a goalscoring position and we lose it and get caught on the counter. We need to move the ball quicker. By the time every yellow shirt has had a touch the opposition are back in their half and forcing us into an error.Then, as the better teams have done; Bristol and Swansea. Three touches and they are in our box in seconds.

Second half against Bristol we made a decent effort with 10 men. Huffed and puffed a lot. In fact so much so that we looked dead on our feet in the last 5 minutes.

Yes, I felt sorry for the players and the fans. TV has shown the ref to have made a critical error again but these do balance out over the course of season and so far we have been quite poor for most of the season. We are where we are because of what we are.

Last week I dared to mention than John Otsemorboor was not good enough at this level and was duly slaughtered by some on this board. I reiterate my point. He just does not have the required ability for 90 minutes. I don''t feel any animosity towards him and refuse to harang or moan during the game as I hope he produces that odd bit of pace and magic but unfortunately he is suffering from a complete lack of confidence and takes us backward at crucial stages of the game. [as he did on saturday]

Hopefully we can get another centre half and play Grounds at right back. We have some tricky games where a point away from home will do. I think our best hope is to play 442. With a left footed midfielder providing defensive cover for Drury who unfortunately gets exposed to often.

The Ref certainly did''nt help but I think Bristol are certainly one of the better teams in the league.  Reminded me of the way we played when we competing for the league.  [:(]

I''ll just be pleased when the Preston game comes around.  I''m bored to tears with hearing about bloody D''Urso regardless of what he did right or wrong. [|-)]

[quote user="JJ"]

I''ll just be pleased when the Preston game comes around.  I''m bored to tears with hearing about bloody D''Urso regardless of what he did right or wrong. [|-)]

[/quote]Just had another look at the penalty incident again and I think.....ha ha - only kidding! [:D]

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

Just had another look at the penalty incident again and I think.....

ha ha - only kidding! [:D]
[/quote]

Behave!  I''m going into hiding for a couple of days...