Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Bell Gone!

What I find very alarming now is that we don''t have enough contracted first team players to put out a matchday squad without loans or younger players with little to no first team experience under their belt. 

Surely the title of this thread should have been "Bell End?"Seriously people, stop getting so wound up… a fine delivery of the ball… and that was all he had to his game.Couldn''t tackle, certainly couldn''t beat his man, didn''t track back… I can see where the Hucks brigade are coming from now.Unless one of you posting in this thread is an NCFC board member, you know nothing of the finances of the deal, so FFS wait until the end of the window and then start your boulder chucking!

I''d settle for Huckerby coming back. As a previous poster said, perhaps this is to finance his return. 

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d settle for Huckerby coming back. As a previous poster said, perhaps this is to finance his return. [/quote]

Hmmm nice idea, unless we have paid his contract I don''t think it will happen.  Unless it''s young Ched in the frame, that would be a dream come true.  But hey we support NCFC and nothing magical ever happens for us fans anymore [:)]

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d settle for Huckerby coming back. As a previous poster said, perhaps this is to finance his return. [/quote]The same thought occurred to me, but sadly I think it''s wishful thinking - as people have said, he''s under contract at San Jose and has given no indication that he intends to break that.

I am upset, to see him go because I think we will miss his delivery from set pieces and his crossing, but unfortunely it seemed he was unhappy and wanted to leave for ''personal reasons.'' So Gunny''s hands were a bit tied you can''t really keep unhappy players who want to leave at the club. I would have thought we proably would have got the same we would have paid for him, but atleast its a bit of money.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]I am upset, to see him go because I think we will miss his delivery from set pieces and his crossing, but unfortunely it seemed he was unhappy and wanted to leave for ''personal reasons.'' So Gunny''s hands were a bit tied you can''t really keep unhappy players who want to leave at the club. I would have thought we proably would have got the same we would have paid for him, but atleast its a bit of money.[/quote]As you say, if a player is unhappy, for whatever reason, then it is best to let him go. We are in a relegation battle and desperately need players who want to play for us.

Unusually for me I am totally in agreement with this sale and agree with this post.Wait and see before throwing your toys out of the pram.  If nobody arrives by close of window the board will have committed renewal suicide.  Consider that.[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Surely the title of this thread should have been "Bell End?"Seriously people, stop getting so wound up… a fine delivery of the ball… and that was all he had to his game.Couldn''t tackle, certainly couldn''t beat his man, didn''t track back… I can see where the Hucks brigade are coming from now.Unless one of you posting in this thread is an NCFC board member, you know nothing of the finances of the deal, so FFS wait until the end of the window and then start your boulder chucking![/quote]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

lol Pete what you saying you are unfit and Bell is even unfitter hehehehe

Spot on Pete - glad some of us are keeping our heads![quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t. Even if he does need surgery that''s no excuse to sit on the halfway line and spend half a game playing behind Bertrand. Could cross a ball but that''s not enough. Best of luck to him in Coventry.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t.

[/quote]

Get your boots on!

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t.

[/quote]Would say he was very similar to Eagles, who is also excellent crosser of ball, but no pace.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]Is that the first time you''ve ever really given your own opinion on here Pete? Brave, but you''re probably right.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We''ve got money for a supposed winger who has less pace than me and wanted to leave....[/quote]

Is that the first time you''ve ever really given your own opinion on here Pete? Brave, but you''re probably right.
[/quote]

I do it all the time, just usually with more subtlety.

And so we fall to about fourteen contracted players. Fourteen! This is the most ridiculous thing about all this. With the board policy of selling one to loan one, selling two to buy one it''s no wonder really.

For what it''s worth I actually really liked Bell. So he''s got no pace and can''t beat players? Neither can David Beckham. Norwich have always been poor at set-piece delivery for the last decade and a half; sometimes you just need someone who can utilise the ball

The comparison to David Beckham is irrelevant, unless we all think Bell is good enough to play for Milan and England?

Once a player asks to leave Norwich City that''s it for me.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

The comparison to David Beckham is irrelevant, unless we all think Bell is good enough to play for Milan and England?

Once a players asks to leave Norwich City that''s it for me.

[/quote]

And by all accounts Bell asked to leave weeks ago so why didn''t the club off-load him then and spend any given fee on new playing staff? Here we are, January the bleedin'' 30th, going into a real 6 pointer this evening, and still no Target-man.Bell would''ve proved far more effective than the hapless Fotheringham in a central-midfied position - shame we never had a manager who realised that, but then Roeder failed to recognise Sibierski as a midfielder and so far it doesn''t look any better from the Gunny point of view.

Never that keen on the guy to be honest. Slow but could cross a ball in, although why you''d want a slow, right-footed, right-sided midfielder (he''s to slow to be catagorised a winger) on the left i don''t know. Even i could defend against that.

We''re screwed if crofty does''nt sign a new deal though.

[quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]

Never that keen on the guy to be honest. Slow but could cross a ball in, although why you''d want a slow, right-footed, right-sided midfielder (he''s to slow to be catagorised a winger) on the left i don''t know. Even i could defend against that.

[/quote]You could play Otsemebor in front of Owozusi or another, Seme''s no worse a crosser than Crofty.

Bell was crap, never took on the man, and was so predicatble. Yes about 50% of his deliveries and crosses were decent, but the other half were poor. Very lazy, and looked like he couldn''t be arsed most of the time.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Broken_hearted_canary"]

[/quote]

You could play Otsemebor in front of Owozusi or another, Seme''s no worse a crosser than Crofty.
[/quote]

True, although that would still leave us with just semmy at the end of the season. unless of course we actually decided to own some players.

I''d like to think that we''ve at least recouped what we paid for him. Surely not even our board are daft enough to take a loss just because he wants to go... [:|]

[/quote]

I have a dodgy knee but could still beat him over 50 yards. A winger has to be able  to run. Bell couldn''t. Even if he does need surgery that''s no excuse to sit on the halfway line and spend half a game playing behind Bertrand. Could cross a ball but that''s not enough. Best of luck to him in Coventry.

[/quote]

Is Pete Gunny''s secret weapon ? [:S]