Sign in to follow this  
The Horse

Glenn's Views

This may be a stupid question but have the media tried to speak to Roeder about his thoughts on getting the boot? Usually when a manager leaves there''s some sort of statement but I haven''t seen one anywhere? Would be interesting to hear his last words.

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]This may be a stupid question but have the media tried to speak to Roeder about his thoughts on getting the boot? Usually when a manager leaves there''s some sort of statement but I haven''t seen one anywhere? Would be interesting to hear his last words.[/quote]He''s probably too busy laughing himself off to the bank, [at our expense] to worry about giving an interview

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]This may be a stupid question but have the media tried to speak to Roeder about his thoughts on getting the boot? Usually when a manager leaves there''s some sort of statement but I haven''t seen one anywhere? Would be interesting to hear his last words.[/quote]

He may have a confidentiality agreement with City, I don''t know.  We haven''t spoken to him but we did speak with Mrs R.  Apparently he is going  North because his Mother is unwell.  We''ve got some questions lined up if he does want to talk. [;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]This may be a stupid question but have the media tried to speak to Roeder about his thoughts on getting the boot? Usually when a manager leaves there''s some sort of statement but I haven''t seen one anywhere? Would be interesting to hear his last words.[/quote]

He may have a confidentiality agreement with City, I don''t know.  We haven''t spoken to him but we did speak with Mrs R.  Apparently he is going  North because his Mother is unwell.  We''ve got some questions lined up if he does want to talk. [;)]

[/quote]Good to hear it Cam! It would be very good to hear his views on the situation, but at the same I respect his privacy and wish his Mother well.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]Oh, is she okay? Mick Dennis made her seem like she was very scared.

[quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]
Oh, is she okay? Mick Dennis made her seem like she was very scared.
[/quote]

She''s not "over the moon" but she''ll survive.  She is very protective of him so, like most people, I am pretty sure she takes a lot of it personally.  I know not many like her husband[:|] but I''m sure you would all like her.  She is really nice.

People do rather forget about people''s families when they are being, let''s say, angry.  Mr Dennis did rather lay it on thick in his article, but you''d imagine any wife/husband wouldn''t exactly be happy at their other half being slagged off quite as openly. 

At the end of the day, though, the Roeders don''t really have any real link here and I''m sure the reasonably large amount of cash earned in his time here/(presumably) taken as a pay-off make it all quite a lot easier to swallow - we are, after all, talking about amounts that many of us can only dream about.  I know I''d certainly put up with the brickbats for it.

Can''t honestly think of many City managers who have talked openly to the media after they''ve left the post.  I''m still waiting for Mike Walker and Martin O''Neill to talk about Chase!

[quote user="venta icenorum"]

[quote user="CT "]He''ll probably act like he wants his mother around then send her to america.....[/quote]

Lay off him, he''s paid the price, now give the man some respect.

Whatever you might think of Roeder there''s no need for that kind of comment. He obviously believed he was doing the right thing not offering Hucks a contract, even if it was probably the wrong thing. His mum''s health has nothing to do with anything football related.

[/quote]

Yes, I don''t think dragging Glenn Roeder''s elderly mother into it is very clever either.

That said most of us older residents on here would probably give you youngsters a bit of slack on this, CT, as when we were younger we would probably have thought  a comment like yours was terribly witty.

It''s not until you get a bit older you''ll realise it isn''t funny at all.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

People do rather forget about people''s families when they are being, let''s say, angry.  Mr Dennis did rather lay it on thick in his article, but you''d imagine any wife/husband wouldn''t exactly be happy at their other half being slagged off quite as openly. 

At the end of the day, though, the Roeders don''t really have any real link here and I''m sure the reasonably large amount of cash earned in his time here/(presumably) taken as a pay-off make it all quite a lot easier to swallow - we are, after all, talking about amounts that many of us can only dream about.  I know I''d certainly put up with the brickbats for it.

[/quote]

It was a good behind the scenes piece.  It isn''t going to change the world or Norwich.

Worthy didn''t move to a village with a Melton Constable post code until you hired him and also had no link before you hired him.  Born in Co Antrim I believe.

When The Girl Upstairs spoke to him this morning she got the distinct impression that he was in RMFAO mode.

And you think Doc''s tackles are clumsy?[:P]

[quote user="singing canary"]like a rat roeder has gone underground...[/quote]

No, he''s gone off north to see his Mum.  You won''t learn that from the EDP because they don''t have his Xd numbers in Essex and Norfolk or his mobile otherwise they might have telephoned same and reported back.

You just can''t get the staff today can you?

Can''t say about the football club but journalistically it is certainly "little old Norwich".  No threat to anyone.

But in the spirit of the thing DELIA OUT[:P]

Nice to see that the inhuman bile is still being spouted by some... he''s gone now, let him and us get over it and move on.  He''ll turn up in another job somewhere and I won''t be booing him, unlike some.  I believe he tried his best, unfortunately his best wasn''t good enough and his response was to dig in, which only made him more unpopular.  We''re all such good managers sitting here at our laptops and PCs, but how many of us could truthfully say that we wouldn''t become bullish if we were in such a situation.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="venta icenorum"]

[quote user="CT "]He''ll probably act like he wants his mother around then send her to america.....[/quote]

Lay off him, he''s paid the price, now give the man some respect.

Whatever you might think of Roeder there''s no need for that kind of comment. He obviously believed he was doing the right thing not offering Hucks a contract, even if it was probably the wrong thing. His mum''s health has nothing to do with anything football related.

[/quote]

Yes, I don''t think dragging Glenn Roeder''s elderly mother into it is very clever either.

That said most of us older residents on here would probably give you youngsters a bit of slack on this, CT, as when we were younger we would probably have thought  a comment like yours was terribly witty.

It''s not until you get a bit older you''ll realise it isn''t funny at all.

[/quote]

I agree with you, but the "elderly mother" card was first played in the public domain by none other than Mick Dennis - our man in the bunker...

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Ciderkidd"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]
Oh, is she okay? Mick Dennis made her seem like she was very scared.
[/quote]

She''s not "over the moon" but she''ll survive.  She is very protective of him so, like most people, I am pretty sure she takes a lot of it personally.  I know not many like her husband[:|] but I''m sure you would all like her.  She is really nice.

[/quote]

maybe she should have given the team talks