Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="arrdee"]

I think you realise what this means that we have the Free Bet for another season,  in fact Billy Dixons words were "As long as you are alive Ray the Free Bet is yours" how about that then you lovely old Pickers? What have you got to say about that then? Please forgive me I am just a bit excited....[:D]....arrdee.  

[/quote]

Thats great news Arrdee, what a lovely man that Billy is [:)] and thanks again to you and Nutty for all your hard work, we love you both.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

The picks look sound Yankee, I''m sure you can complete the hat trick this weekend and win FONCY some more money.

The end of season challenge looks great RD, although I think I need to string a long run together to be in contention!

[/quote]

Not so "norfolkchance1 its still wide open with 20 odd weeks to go and as for finishing in the top 5 it could be anyone as everyone has a chance, Pickers who go on a run can turn the league upside down....[Y]....arrdee. 

Good set of selections Yankee and I can see a hat-trick of free bet wins for you this weekend.

Happy Birthday [<:o)][^][B]

My birthday is never in the football season. Do you ever remember a local derby actually on your birthday? My sons birthday is the 21st December and that is the date of the game back in 2003 when we went top of the league at Portman Road. I was with him that day and was also with him on his 7th birthday when we beat Millwall 6-1in 1985 where if the 7th goal had come it would have been perfect. We have also lost 1-6 to Port Vale on his birthday! [:''(]

Arrdee could I just quickly hijack the thread tonight to say well done to my nephew Joe for winning that I''m a celebrity get me out of here thing tonight.

Some on here may have seen my mum and sister on the (itv)local news tonight but you may get to see me the IncH on Sat as we were being filmed tonight watching the final.

I''ll leave it to you to work out which one I am.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good set of selections Yankee and I can see a hat-trick of free bet wins for you this weekend.

Happy Birthday [<:o)][^][B]

My birthday is never in the football season. Do you ever remember a local derby actually on your birthday? My sons birthday is the 21st December and that is the date of the game back in 2003 when we went top of the league at Portman Road. I was with him that day and was also with him on his 7th birthday when we beat Millwall 6-1in 1985 where if the 7th goal had come it would have been perfect. We have also lost 1-6 to Port Vale on his birthday! [:''(]

[/quote]

Don''t think it ever happened Nutty and, if it did, the memory has long since let some things slide. The best memory I have is that in my last home game before I left England ( I left in early 1965 ) was a great game early that season when we beat Ipswich 2-1.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old Pickers I will take this opportunity to bring you my plans of what I intend to do after the season finishes, this will involve the top 5 pickers in our league, I will ask those 5 pickers to make their selections of which teams they think will win the Prem, Championship, Div 1, Div 2 Blue Square and Scottish Prem, next season, 6 results which is our norm, Now the next part is Important I don''t want those 5 pickers posting their selections on the board I will ask them to e-mail them to me because I don''t want anyone using others ideas I don''t want Pickers changing their teams, remember you got to being the top 5 Pickers on your own, this of course disqualifies myself even if I was lucky enough to finish in the top 5 because I will have access to the selections.I will then put them on with Dixmar Racing and post them on the board and how much we stand to win.

I think you realise what this means that we have the Free Bet for another season,  in fact Billy Dixons words were "As long as you are alive Ray the Free Bet is yours" how about that then you lovely old Pickers? What have you got to say about that then? Please forgive me I am just a bit excited....[:D]....arrdee.  

[/quote]

That''s brilliant news! [Y][Y]

Happy birthday and good luck Yankee!  

Late entry for me this week, but AC Milan to win at home to Catania

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Okay gang, it''s time for this weeks selections. My own nap is Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos.

I really have looked at all of your selections very carefully before settling on:

Manchester United to beat Sunderland

Rangers to beat Hamilton

Histon to beat Woking

Olympiakos to beat Levadiakos

NAC Breda to beat ADO Den Haag

Alkmaar to beat SC Heracles Almelo

First of all, thanks to everyone for their selections and good wishes. Good luck to all of you even if you did not make the cut here.

Now, even if successful I take no pride in the final selections as, at a rough guess, it would yield two pounds three shillings and fourpence ha''penny. Given some of the crazy results during the past few weeks it was easy to avoid teams like Arsenal and their occasional defensive frailties ( who will likely be without Gallas ) against Wigan ( who are unbeaten in five and will have Zaki back....a real menace ).

If I had to pick a banana skin in the above group it would be Histon against Woking. A home win looks on the cards but Woking, for a team that scores as few goals as they do, have a heck of a defensive record compared to others near the bottom of the division. They tend to keep games tight. It was easy to go with the selections from Inchy and Arrdee for obvious reasons.

Also, at the risk of putting egg on my face, I make particular comment to Gorleston Jim who, with his selection of Morton over Partick was genuinely attempting to persuade me to go for a little more risk to yield a few sheckels more. I did look carefully Jim. What left me unconvinced was that looking at the last three home victories for Morton ( all against teams at the bottom end ) versus the last three away defeats for Partick ( were against the other three top teams in the division ). It was a toss-up Jim....a yield of fish and chips or caviar. I went for fish and chips.We shall see.

P.S: There''s a lot of posters I notice who are making public announcements of their birthdays ( and their desire for victory ) around the Ipswich match. It is also my birthday today as I make these selections so let''s hope for success on all fronts with Norwich leading the parade.

[/quote]

Yep you lovely old Pickers the bet is on and its a Dixmar bonus this week which means that if our beloved City win or winnings are doubled, so thanks to Dixmar Racing and of course our very own wonderful Yankee. The Bet is.....

2-11   Man Utd

1-5     Rangers

8-15   Histon

1-6     Olympiakos

1-3     Breda

1-4     Alkmaar

Which will win for our wonderful Academy £32-28p but with Dixmars double winnings will come to £64-56p, well done Yankee I know you enjoy taking on Billy Dixon and thanks to all you Pickers for making your great selections. I hope you are looking forward to the entertainment this afternoon and indeed to the weekend with us wiping the floor with a team who''s name escapes me at the moment.Good Luck all and once again thanks Yankee....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Surprise surprise - I''ll opt for Man Utd to beat Sunderland too. Looks a difficult week actually...
[/quote]

It is all relative, of course.

Hi Ray,

Just noticed my hot tip (Morton) has turned into a damp squib because match has been postponed. (I think the bookies have knobbled it, ha ha)

Therefore would it be in order for me to revert to my second choice of Man Utd for a home win please ?

If this is not allowed then no worries that will be OK by me.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Hi Ray,

Just noticed my hot tip (Morton) has turned into a damp squib because match has been postponed. (I think the bookies have knobbled it, ha ha)

Therefore would it be in order for me to revert to my second choice of Man Utd for a home win please ?

If this is not allowed then no worries that will be OK by me.

[/quote]

No thats fine Jim Man Utd it is . I wonder why the match has been postponed? Bad weather perhaps? I don''t know, anyhow Jim your selection is now Man Utd and good luck all....[Y]..arrdee.

Good luck with the selections YC - it''s a good omen that you and I share a birthday I am sure!

And well done Ray for the great news about the continued growth of the Free Bet, now I just gotta keep in the top 5....

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Arrdee could I just quickly hijack the thread tonight to say well done to my nephew Joe for winning that I''m a celebrity get me out of here thing tonight.

Some on here may have seen my mum and sister on the (itv)local news tonight but you may get to see me the IncH on Sat as we were being filmed tonight watching the final.

[/quote]Well done to him.  To be honest I wanted Mr Sulu to win but hat off to your nephew, seems a down to earth bloke who one could enjoy a few beers with.  [<:o)]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

Well done to him.  To be honest I wanted Mr Sulu to win but hat off to your nephew, seems a down to earth bloke who one could enjoy a few beers with.  [<:o)]
[/quote]

Yes I never watch the programme so I don''t understand it all but I did hear Ruth shouthing "its got to be Joe."  "Yes its Joe" so it pleased her. I will keep a lookout for you Inchy, after all I would like to see who I am holding hands with on this Free Bet. Congratulations P''boro on your birthday for yesterday, I hope you had a good un....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]That potential banana skin called Histon had us in a sweat until the very end.[/quote]Not to mention Rangers somehow scraping through.  So far so good...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]That potential banana skin called Histon had us in a sweat until the very end.[/quote]

Yes well done Yankee, you nearly talked up a 0-0 but thanks to you and a certain full back who glorifies in the name of Mr Oyebanjo we pulled it off, thats the first 2 home you lovely old Pickers....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

Yankee you cant keep doing this to us, two  90min winners.  My phone is red hot Nutty has been on and off, the text messages are coming out of my ears, e-mails by the bucket full and we have Gentleman Jim with a poor heart,  this must be our week now surely....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

Yankee you cant keep doing this to us, two  90min winners.  My phone is red hot Nutty has been on and off, the text messages are coming out of my ears, e-mails by the bucket full and we have Gentleman Jim with a poor heart,  this must be our week now surely....[Y]..arrdee.

[/quote]

Arrdee, I don''t want Gentleman Jim to stay close to this type of action. However, it''s now Billy Dixon''s time to sweat. We''ve given him three strong jabs and, tomorrow,  we''ll go for the knockout. ( Deep down, I know he''s rooting for us ).

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''m assuming, of course arrdee, that your Dutch selection that just got started today is an automatic. Can you just confirm that please?[/quote]

A Z Alkmaar 1-0 after 22 mins, there you are....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha !

I was quite calm about it all Ray, because I was so sure they would win by a hatful that I have only just got round to looking at the result,(been watching Merlin, don''t tell Wiz)), anyway a win is a win.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''m assuming, of course arrdee, that your Dutch selection that just got started today is an automatic. Can you just confirm that please?[/quote]

A Z Alkmaar 1-0 after 22 mins, there you are....[Y]..arrdee.

[/quote]

2-0 now.[:D]

Yankee I have just opened a bottle of real ale called Straw Dog brewed at the Wolf Brewery Attleborough Norfolk in celebration that I have not let my beloved Pickers down and my selection has won, I am about to take a large draught, excuse me. Ahhh lovely nice and cold. That''s 4 home its just down to your good self with Olympiakos and the wonderful Inchy with Breda, and of course if City win its double money, so cheers all and do you know I might go and find another one of these real ales.,,,,[B]..arrdee.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arrdee, I don''t want Gentleman Jim to stay close to this type of action. However, it''s now Billy Dixon''s time to sweat. We''ve given him three strong jabs and, tomorrow,  we''ll go for the knockout. ( Deep down, I know he''s rooting for us ).

[/quote]

Don''t you just love it when the Free Bet is unbeaten overnight and it''s even better this week knowing if City win and the remaining games are correct we get "Double Bubble"!