Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

Yankee you cant keep doing this to us, two  90min winners.  My phone is red hot Nutty has been on and off, the text messages are coming out of my ears, e-mails by the bucket full and we have Gentleman Jim with a poor heart,  this must be our week now surely....[Y]..arrdee.

[/quote]

Arrdee, I don''t want Gentleman Jim to stay close to this type of action. However, it''s now Billy Dixon''s time to sweat. We''ve given him three strong jabs and, tomorrow,  we''ll go for the knockout. ( Deep down, I know he''s rooting for us ).

[/quote]

Don''t you just love it when the Free Bet is unbeaten overnight and it''s even better this week knowing if City win and the remaining games are correct we get "Double Bubble"!

[/quote]

Yeah!. It kinda feels like tomorrow is Christmas Day and we get to open the three presents one after the other. I sure hope we like all three. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

Yankee you cant keep doing this to us, two  90min winners.  My phone is red hot Nutty has been on and off, the text messages are coming out of my ears, e-mails by the bucket full and we have Gentleman Jim with a poor heart,  this must be our week now surely....[Y]..arrdee.

[/quote]

Arrdee, I don''t want Gentleman Jim to stay close to this type of action. However, it''s now Billy Dixon''s time to sweat. We''ve given him three strong jabs and, tomorrow,  we''ll go for the knockout. ( Deep down, I know he''s rooting for us ).

[/quote]

Don''t you just love it when the Free Bet is unbeaten overnight and it''s even better this week knowing if City win and the remaining games are correct we get "Double Bubble"!

[/quote]

Yeah!. It kinda feels like tomorrow is Christmas Day and we get to open the three presents one after the other. I sure hope we like all three. 

[/quote]

Well, down we go on the Free Bet. Don''t feel too bad Inchy...it was a strange day in Holland. If we had to be sure that one of our gifts today matched our dreams I think we can all agree we got the best present.

Yes it was a strange day in Holland. Unlucky Yankee and Inchy. There always seems to be the ''one for the bookie'' in our line just lately. But that will change. The free bet rolls on into next week and we should all be proud of what we have achieved so far. I know Arrdee is proud, he is confined to his bed today and can''t get onto the computer but he sends his best wishes to you all and has been keeping up to date with things via the telephone.

I will be back later with the stats.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Sorry guys[:''(][:''(]

Looked a good bet on paper.[:(]

[/quote]

Now Inchy... you have nothing to be sorry for. We don''t have any of that on the Free Bet. We all do our best for our club on these pages, and your best has been far better than mine all season. The Free Bet will have it''s day again soon for the very reason that City Fans all over the world are giving their best for the club they all love.

[Y]

What a weekend this has been for the free bet. All those last minute goals and then we just missed out on "double bubble" after City''s magnificent win this afternoon. 45 of you put in selections this week with 37 correct which I make a whopping 82%[Y]. Manchester United and Rangers accounted for 20 of these correct naps. And the last minute goals I know of (Vidic, Oyebanjo and Young) accounted for 15! So close again it''s surely only a matter of time before someone strikes gold again.

Arrdee is now clear at the top and Gorleston Jim and We8’s winning runs move on to 8 while Pboro now has 7 consecutive winning naps. Pete has made the board after he turned round his early season poor form while Yankee is back climbing the table with him.

Here are the latest standings : -

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

17-18

Inch High

16-18

Trent Canary

14-16

P’boro_canary

15-18

MacDougall’s perm

12-15

Mr Bump

12-15

we8wba

8-10

Delia’s Devon..

14-18

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

14-18

Leeds canary

14-18

Shack Attack

14-18

Fellas

13-18

Hissing Sid

13-18

Newyorkcanary

13-18

Beaker

12-17

NCFC_Shaun

12-17

GazzaTCC

10-14

Obiwancanary

10-14

Kathy

7-10

7Rew

6-9

Hughsey

6-9

Muddy funster

11-17

Methcanary

9-14

Sparkos

9-14

BringBackIwan

7-11

1st Wazzock

11-18

Graham Humphrey

11-18

Norfolkchance1

11-18

Cityangel

9-15

1dartmoore

6-10

Till 1010

6-10

Mister Chops

8-14

Cosmic Twin

10-18

Lucky Green Trainers

10-18

Berkshire Canary

9-16

Norfolkbroadslim

7-13

The Butler

9-17

Camuldonum

8-15

Canary Ryan

8-15

Nutty nigel

9-18

Sports Desk - Pete

9-18

Yankee Canary

9-18

Scooby

5-10

This weeks naps were divided amongst 21 different teams with 12 being correct making a 57% success rate this week which is exactly the same as last week!

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s [&]have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

12-21

247-425

Premiership

4-6

34-65

Championship

1-3

31-63

League One

0-2

30-59

League Two

0-1

16-45

Conference

1-2

18-30

Other Non Lge (Inc. Welsh)

8-11

English Cups

6-12

Scots Premiership

1-1

18-22

Scots Leagues

12-22

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

5-6

48-64

Internationals

23-28

And thanks to Arrdee helping me last week we can now separate the European results which again can be so helpful in seeing which countries give us most success.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

5-6

48-64

Spain

9-16

Italy

2-2

10-14

Holland

1-2

9-11

France

4-5

Germany

5-5

Greece

1-1

5-5

Belgium

1-1

Turkey

2-2

Sweden

1-1

Austria

1-1

2-3

Macedonia

0-1

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good set of selections Yankee and I can see a hat-trick of free bet wins for you this weekend.

Happy Birthday [<:o)][^][B]

My birthday is never in the football season. Do you ever remember a local derby actually on your birthday? My sons birthday is the 21st December and that is the date of the game back in 2003 when we went top of the league at Portman Road. I was with him that day and was also with him on his 7th birthday when we beat Millwall 6-1in 1985 where if the 7th goal had come it would have been perfect. We have also lost 1-6 to Port Vale on his birthday! [:''(]

[/quote]

Ah Nigel, the memories. December 21st is also my birthday and I remember clearly all the games you mention, especially the TOTL@PR day. The downside to that was Dec 21 1992, the first year of the Premier League, we were clear at the top, and Ip***ch came to the Carra and beat us 2-0. Completely ruined the day (and Xmas if the truth be told!!).

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We8’s winning runs move on to 8

[/quote]

Just a thought, but considering he''s banned from the forum should we really be accepting his selections. I''m happy to go with whatever you and Ray decide but by continuing to let him contribute whilst banned it makes it look as if he''s above the rules that the rest of us have to abide by. What are your thoughts Nutty?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Just a thought, but considering he''s banned from the forum should we really be accepting his selections. I''m happy to go with whatever you and Ray decide but by continuing to let him contribute whilst banned it makes it look as if he''s above the rules that the rest of us have to abide by. What are your thoughts Nutty?

[/quote]

i cant see that it should cause any conflict, but i will stay away next week to cause no trouble [B]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My Free Bet thoughts are that after he messed us about on here as Billy Bunter posting losing selections and making unkind remarks we decided to void all his previous selections and restart him on 0-2 for the 2 losers he gave. This was agreed at the time and nothing has happened on the Free Bet pages to warrant changing that agreement.

My personal thoughts on the matter are probably best left where they are.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My Free Bet thoughts are that after he messed us about on here as Billy Bunter posting losing selections and making unkind remarks we decided to void all his previous selections and restart him on 0-2 for the 2 losers he gave. This was agreed at the time and nothing has happened on the Free Bet pages to warrant changing that agreement.

My personal thoughts on the matter are probably best left where they are.

[/quote]Fair enough Nutty, I don''t want to cause you any grief. It amazes me that I''ve seen at least two posts from the man himself confirming that he''s been banned but he''s still getting away with posting on a different account. The mods, or whatever they''re called now, really need to sort that out.

To be honest at the end of the day the money goes to a good cause, therefore it shouldn''t matter what he''s done or if he''s banned or not.

Did you watch your match on Sunday Big Bob? It would certainly have been exciting if the Free Bet had hinged on that result. That was probably the latest of all the last minute winners we have had.

Yes i did, thought i had predicted rightly, up until the 93rd minute, then couldn''t believe that Lescott scored and was thinking thankgod they didn''t go with me lol. But then good old Ashley Young the hero. Must be one of the most exciting ends to a game of football ever