Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Curo loaned to Barnsley?

Does no one else find it even slightly embarrassing and a bit pathetic that our first team squad now contains not one single striker that is contracted to the club?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Does no one else find it even slightly embarrassing and a bit pathetic that our first team squad now contains not one single striker that is contracted to the club?
[/quote]

Not as pathetic as playing Russell up front when other options were clearly available. I am not happy about not owning our own strikers but would posters have prefered we sent back Lupoli and kept Cureton?

What good is Lupoli ? just another loanee the manager wont play who has quite frankly been treated terribly since he has been here and i would think he probably regrets ever coming in the first place.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]What good is Lupoli ? just another loanee the manager wont play who has quite frankly been treated terribly since he has been here and i would think he probably regrets ever coming in the first place.[/quote]Absolutely. Lupoli clearly has bags of ability and it baffles me why he doesn''t get a run of games. He''s miles better than Curo anyway, I hope after Lita goes he actually gets some good playing time!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God, I hope this explodes in Roeders face...............Come on Jamie..........Oh, and Barnsley!   [/quote]1st Wizard, NCFC through and through. Take a bow.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Does no one else find it even slightly embarrassing and a bit pathetic that our first team squad now contains not one single striker that is contracted to the club?[/quote]

Not as pathetic as playing Russell up front when other options were clearly available. I am not happy about not owning our own strikers but would posters have prefered we sent back Lupoli and kept Cureton?

[/quote]That is a fairpoint and  I would rather have Lupoli than Cureton.  It is however a moot point as Roeder would rather not play either at present..... However that does not detract from the sad state of affairs our squad is in and we must be the only team in the country to find themselves with no strikers of their own.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Does no one else find it even slightly embarrassing and a bit pathetic that our first team squad now contains not one single striker that is contracted to the club?[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry, I meant to post in my last "effort" that my preference would have been that we actually signed a permanent striker or two in the 8 months between releasing Strihavka, selling Brown and Dublin announcing his retirement.  Is it really too much to ask?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God, I hope this explodes in Roeders face...............Come on Jamie..........Oh, and Barnsley![/quote]

But surely, being a fan of NCFC, you''d want him to justify Roeder''s decision so one way or the other we''re better off for it? Surely you''d prefer for that to happen; you''re not merely interested in point scoring and petty personal vendettas? What''s that? Oh.

Tell you what, why don''t you sod off and support Barnsley. You and Jamie Lad deserve each other.

Now that must mean that glen will give both rents and the speedy daley a chance... or is glen awaiting a another loan signing. Give the youtha chance.  Both lads deserve a chance .. what more can they do ??

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]What good is Lupoli ? just another loanee the manager wont play who has quite frankly been treated terribly since he has been here and i would think he probably regrets ever coming in the first place.
[/quote]Spot on, i bet Hoolahan regrets coming here as well, Roeder is destroying the players confidence

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God, I hope this explodes in Roeders face...............Come on Jamie..........Oh, and Barnsley![/quote]

But surely, being a fan of NCFC, you''d want him to justify Roeder''s decision so one way or the other we''re better off for it? Surely you''d prefer for that to happen; you''re not merely interested in point scoring and petty personal vendettas? What''s that? Oh.

Tell you what, why don''t you sod off and support Barnsley. You and Jamie Lad deserve each other.

[/quote]

Sure as hell Humphrey, we both (Curo and I ) deserve more than the current City set up is giving us, oh, and yes, sod off yourself!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

Sure as hell Humphrey, we both (Curo and I ) deserve more than the current City set up is giving us, oh, and yes, sod off yourself!

[/quote]

Curo deserves more?

I don''t think you could look at any game Curo has played since he returned to the club and honestly say that he put in a shift.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Curo deserves more?

I don''t think you could look at any game Curo has played since he returned to the club and honestly say that he put in a shift.

[/quote]

Not even his hatrick against Col Who?..............and you wonder why I have no respect for you and your kind![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Curo deserves more?

[/quote]

Not even his hatrick against Col Who?..............and you wonder why I have no respect for you and your kind![:|]

[/quote]

Yeah, not quite the same thing as putting a shift in. But nevermind.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Sure as hell Humphrey, we both (Curo and I ) deserve more than the current City set up is giving us, oh, and yes, sod off yourself![/quote]

So from that I can take it you will be supporting Barnsley from now on? Excellent, that means you can go and bother the unsuspecting Barnsley fans with constant rubbish.

Oh and I wouldn''t waste your time GJP, no point in arguing with someone who can''t have a rational debate. Or indeed any debate whatsoever.

Glenn still hasn''t learnt from last time. Selling Brown could have got us relegated and in hindsight it "freed up" funds for jack all. We sold both him and lewis and brought the solitary figure of Pattinson in. Loaning Jamie out will not help fund Lita''s loan. It will not mean we get new exciting players upfront (which would be a waste of time anyway). This is a stupid move, that could cost us. Even if Jamie gets a solitary goal that wins barnsley a solitary point, that could be the difference between them going down and us staying up. On the one hand we''re told little old norwich is gone, we won''t be giving our rivals nothing and then we effectively hand them a rope to help them up again. Cureton will score goals (just like Brown did) and still will show yet again that Glenn Roeder is a poor manager.

[quote user="dreamboy3000"]Thank you for the loanee. Most of our own fans are happy with the signing from what i''ve read. Him and Macken up front shouts goals.[/quote]

I don''t see how a striker who hasn''t scored a goal all season can be considered a good signing, he may have scored 14 goals last season but he should have comfortably had twice that number with the amount of decent chances that he missed. He is yet to score this season and imo it''s nothing to do with a lack of confidence it''s more down to him not being good enough. Whatever he had last year he''s certainly lost now.

[quote user="kdncfc"]He is yet to score this season and imo it''s nothing to do with a lack of confidence it''s more down to him not being good enough. Whatever he had last year he''s certainly lost now.[/quote]

Exactly. Too many people make too many excuses for the guy. I don''t see many of these people making excuses for someone like Sibierski so why should Cureton be any different?

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Whatever he had last year he''s certainly lost now.

[/quote]

A brave, bold and a tad foolish statemment kd...............remember, revenge is a dish best served cold.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

A brave, bold and a tad foolish statemment kd...............remember, revenge is a dish best served cold.

[/quote]

...if he can rediscover what it was he had last year [;)]

[quote user="Fellas"]Glenn still hasn''t learnt from last time. Selling Brown could have got us relegated and in hindsight it "freed up" funds for jack all. We sold both him and lewis and brought the solitary figure of Pattinson in. Loaning Jamie out will not help fund Lita''s loan. It will not mean we get new exciting players upfront (which would be a waste of time anyway). This is a stupid move, that could cost us. Even if Jamie gets a solitary goal that wins barnsley a solitary point, that could be the difference between them going down and us staying up. On the one hand we''re told little old norwich is gone, we won''t be giving our rivals nothing and then we effectively hand them a rope to help them up again. Cureton will score goals (just like Brown did) and still will show yet again that Glenn Roeder is a poor manager.
[/quote]

It could also be against another team that drops below us , he could score loads and screw several struggling clubs keeping us up - it cuts both ways.

He isn''t getting a look in with us so regular games will improve his sharpness and if he comes good we haul him back.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Glenn still hasn''t learnt from last time. Selling Brown could have got us relegated and in hindsight it "freed up" funds for jack all. We sold both him and lewis and brought the solitary figure of Pattinson in. Loaning Jamie out will not help fund Lita''s loan. It will not mean we get new exciting players upfront (which would be a waste of time anyway). This is a stupid move, that could cost us. Even if Jamie gets a solitary goal that wins barnsley a solitary point, that could be the difference between them going down and us staying up. On the one hand we''re told little old norwich is gone, we won''t be giving our rivals nothing and then we effectively hand them a rope to help them up again. Cureton will score goals (just like Brown did) and still will show yet again that Glenn Roeder is a poor manager.[/quote]

It could also be against another team that drops below us , he could score loads and screw several struggling clubs keeping us up - it cuts both ways.

He isn''t getting a look in with us so regular games will improve his sharpness and if he comes good we haul him back.

[/quote]Or you could argue that''s one less team that has a possibility of being below us come May. It failed miserably last season when we sold Brown, and in my opinion it will probably fail again this time around. Cureton can score goals, and just because he''s not scoring them for us now doesn''t mean he can''t.  To be honest I don''t buy the last point one bit, what does it matter how well Cureton plays? He got slagged off by Roeder everytime he played well (they were few and far between granted). Roeder won''t play him as a starter game in game out and that has been clear since the start of the season. I don''t think he''ll start again for Norwich and I said that after the QPR game. I was wrong, he''s started the first 3 but since then he''s been nowhere near the first team, and I don''t think Lupoli or Sibierski have convinced me that either of them deserve their name to be straight on the teamsheet.

I agree with all the comments relating to JC going to one of our rivals, what I cannot understand also is how they can allow one of our few ''''assets'''' to go without having anyone to replace him.

The loan window is now shut, and AFAIK Lita will go after the game against the scum, which leaves us with a totally inaffective French loanee, a half decent Italian loanee, and as of this moment in time an un-proven Portsmouth loanee.

Where exactly does our management team see the goals coming from?  Because if they had any idea then I wish they would share it with the supporters.  And I can''t see any.

Whilst JC has not been scoring goals he is the one player out of our strike force that would have the heart and the knowledge of what it means to play against the scum. 

IMO we are now left with no strikers that have any heart or want to do well for our beloved club.

Yet another poor move by GR and another dis-heartening day for the supporters.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

mhmm Jamie Lad *licklicklick*

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I agree with all the comments relating to JC going to one of our rivals, what I cannot understand also is how they can allow one of our few ''''assets'''' to go without having anyone to replace him.

The loan window is now shut, and AFAIK Lita will go after the game against the scum, which leaves us with a totally inaffective French loanee, a half decent Italian loanee, and as of this moment in time an un-proven Portsmouth loanee.

Where exactly does our management team see the goals coming from?  Because if they had any idea then I wish they would share it with the supporters.  And I can''t see any.

Whilst JC has not been scoring goals he is the one player out of our strike force that would have the heart and the knowledge of what it means to play against the scum. 

IMO we are now left with no strikers that have any heart or want to do well for our beloved club.

[/quote]

Jamie Cureton has scored 3 times against Ipswich in his Norwich Career.... i think next sunday could of been his day.. we will never know now...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Jamie Cureton has scored 3 times against Ipswich in his Norwich Career.... i think next sunday could of been his day.. we will never know now...

jas :)

[/quote]

Nope sadly jas we won''t ever know now.  Great move by the club, NOT[:S]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Does no one else find it even slightly embarrassing and a bit pathetic that our first team squad now contains not one single striker that is contracted to the club?
[/quote]

Yes I do, its bloody ridiculous. As for Jamie was I the only one who felt sad at what he said in his live interview on the Scrimmage. He obviously didn''t want to go, didn''t know the club was off loading him until this morning and is worried that he won''t be playing for us anymore. Ok so I''m softie who cares about people''s feelings!

Another player that Roeder has knocked the stuffing out of who joins the list of Chadwick, Lappin etc etc.

I hope he knocks them in for Barnsley, I hope that Simon Davey rebuilds his confidence and I hope happy days return for him because say what you like about Jamie as a player no-one can argue that he loves this club, always tried his hardest and is a decent nice person.

So that leaves us  useless Sibbi and  lighweight Lupoli upfront from the 8th Dec with no cover for either. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done Norwich City!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I hope happy days return for him because say what you like about Jamie as a player no-one can argue that he loves this club, always tried his hardest and is a decent nice person.

[/quote]

I agree with that CA.

I held the same sentiments about Gary Holt, Nigel Worthington and Delia Smith to name just three.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Is it just me or is every decision this club makes at the moment bizarre and baffling.

Ok send Curo out on loan for a bit to get his confidence up but to one of our relegation rivals with no ability to recall in the first month when roeder has admitted lita can be recalled at the drop of a hat!

[/quote]

no it''s not just you, it''s as bizarre and baffling as the fact that some posters can''t seem to understand that Barnsley are a relegation rival to us, and we''ve just helped them. Priceless.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Interesting to read on 606 how all the Barnslay fans are saying this is a fantastic signing. Cheers Glenn![/quote]

You really are an idiot.
[/quote]

How am I an idiot? In a few weeks time we will be left with none of our own strikers left at the club. Loaning him to a potential rival team is just ridiculous.

If he does well then its good for one of our rivals. If he doesn''t then its not good for us either.

So we are now in a lose lose situation.

[/quote]

you''re not an idot mate Duffman is.There are a few like him on here as you know. Rest assured, your posts indicate you have a functioning brain. His posts do not.Don''t let the b**tards grind you down