Sign in to follow this  
Rethinking the future

Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Norwich City - Official Match Thread

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh the memories of when we had a good team [:)][/quote]

yes.. so good that none of those players play top flight or 2nd tier football now!

lol! how quickly the game changes...

jas :)

[/quote]

Yes but they are almost 8 years older now [;)]

[/quote]

McVeigh is the most disapointing imo.. on his day he was the best player at the club i think.. dare i say it he could of gone on to be twice the player of Huckerby even.. sadly never hit the potential.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Ahhhhhhhhh the memories of when we had a good team [:)][/quote]

yes.. so good that none of those players play top flight or 2nd tier football now!

lol! how quickly the game changes...

[/quote]

Yes but they are almost 8 years older now [;)]

[/quote]

McVeigh is the most disapointing imo.. on his day he was the best player at the club i think.. dare i say it he could of gone on to be twice the player of Huckerby even.. sadly never hit the potential.

[/quote]

I liked McVeigh, but I don''t think he was in the same class as Hucks, but that is just my personal opinion.

Stats so far.

Goal Attempts2 : 3Goal Attempts
On Target- : 3On Target
Crosses2 : 8Crosses
Corners1 : 6Corners
Offside- : 4Offside
Fouls3 : 5Fouls
Free kicks9 : 4Free kicks
 Yellow cards- : -Yellow cards 
 Red cards- : -Red cards 
% Possession52 : 48Possession %

adams is worried it`ll get abandoned due to the fog  there..wouldn`t it be our f--king luck  as we`re winning and playing very well

really figgy at the game now apparently... it might not make the end! the result wouldnt stand and we''d have to replay :S

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Only two loan players in the starting line-up, could that possibly be making a difference?[/quote]

Maybe, I would like to think so.

Not sounding too bad, glad to hear that Wes is having a great game and is in the thick of the action. I know Neil Adams does tend to make it sound better than it is, but he''s making it sound impressive.

Wonder if the fog''s as bad as it was at that Tranmere match a couple of centuries ago?

Sounds like the game could be called off Adams can''t see the other end of the ground. Just our bloody luck!

Only 2 loanees playing what does that tell us?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sounds like the game could be called off Adams can''t see the other end of the ground. Just our bloody luck!

Only 2 loanees playing what does that tell us?

[/quote]

It tells us that it''s a side that is playing well and can read eachother......however remember the ''''Tinkerman'''' is in charge, so if we win today he will change the side lol.

[quote user="CT "]Come on you yellas [:)]
[/quote]

lol calm down CT, first half is over but there''s another 45 minutes yet, providing the match doesn''t get abandoned due to fog.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i reckon thats a damn good line up - maybe our strongest???

i''m expecting a decent display today by the boys today...a draw would be good, a win><?
[/quote]

A win would be a miracle.  When was the last time we won away there? [:|]

[/quote]

no idea way...anyone no???
[/quote]

We stuffed them 5 nil in 2003 I think?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="CT "]Come on you yellas [:)][/quote]

lol calm down CT, first half is over but there''s another 45 minutes yet, providing the match doesn''t get abandoned due to fog.

[/quote]Calm down?[:S] I just want City to win and we are so I''m slightly happy [:P]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i reckon thats a damn good line up - maybe our strongest???

i''m expecting a decent display today by the boys today...a draw would be good, a win><?
[/quote]

A win would be a miracle.  When was the last time we won away there? [:|]

[/quote]

no idea way...anyone no???
[/quote]

We stuffed them 5 nil in 2003 I think?

[/quote]

04/05/2008Sheff Wed4 - 1Norwich
29/09/2007Norwich0 - 1Sheff Wed
06/05/2007Sheff Weds3 - 2Norwich
09/12/2006Norwich1 - 2Sheff Weds
15/04/2006Sheff Weds1 - 0Norwich
29/10/2005Norwich0 - 1Sheff Weds
08/02/2003Sheff Weds2 - 2Norwich
09/11/2002Norwich3 - 0Sheff Weds
29/12/2001Sheff Weds0 - 5Norwich
27/08/2001Norwich2 - 0Sheff Weds
28/04/2001Norwich City 1 - 0Sheffield Wednesday
06/01/2001Sheff Weds2 - 1Norwich
11/11/2000Sheffield Wednesday3 - 2Norwich City

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I can just see it now......game abandoned with Norwich leading - due to fog.....[:(][/quote]

Be just our luck wouldn''t it!

Great to see us playing so well - the side picked itself today leaving Roeder little room to tamper with - provided the match isn''t abandoned and the final result is a good ''un let''s all prey that Roeder sticks to a trusted formula for the next fixture/s.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="CT "]Come on you yellas [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Calm down?[:S] I just want City to win and we are so I''m slightly happy [:P]
[/quote]

lol I was joking CT hence the lol.

I think we all want to see NC win away, it''s just the game is far from over yet.