Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Yes well done Young Gun how close can you come ? as Yankee says great entertainment and excitement and I know you are sad because it didn''t quite come off but you will be back in the new year . These are just some of the emotions that makes our life worth living and that is the wonder of the Free Bet So lift your head up Kevin you have done us proud .

The Free Bet train that we are riding rolls on to next week as always and we don''t have to pay to get on board and we will ride the Free Bet train the whole season through, we are off to Yorkshire next week again with Norfolkchance1, so onward in our quest to win money for the Academy with the help of all you lovely old Pickers....[Y]....arrdee. 

Leeds I know exactly how you feel[;)] but like Arrdee says lets roll on to next week. You did a grand job this time and like me I''m sure you''ll use it to see that our new year returns in charge of the one and only free bet thread  will be winning ones.[:)]

Arrdee you be sure and let Billy Dixon know that we all agree that he is the king of the bookies.[:D] a true and honourable man.

I''ve really enjoyed my week in charge. Thanks to everyone involved, especially Billy Dixon for those stunning TNS odds. He really is a true City fan - just like all us Pups.[Y]

I think deep down, I knew the game was up as soon as I saw the weather conditions on Sky last night. And with hindsight, we all know firsthand what happens when near bottom of the league play the runaway leaders!

[~]"The Young Gun''s first five shots were bang on target, just one more would see off Billy The Dix. From out of nowhere the Dix''s trusty steed came Racing to the rescue, the Dix tugged the rim of his hat - "a valiant effort Leeds, we''ll meet again". The Young Gun slumped to the ground in defeat, but happy knowing he''d given it his best shot. ''Til next time Billy The Dix...."[~]

Unlucky Leeds my friend. It seems every team I nap at present fall off the rails spectaclarly. The  Valencia defeat just put the tin hat on an awful football day for me. But I can''t wait for the next time it''s your turn to be in charge of the free bet[Y]

Unlucky Leedscanary. I thought once it was down to Valencia to win it would defo turn out a winning week. Suprised they lost ... still, 5 out of 6 is a good effort [Y]

I''ll just have to hope my ''nap'' wins today and I can continue my (small) winning run [:)]

[quote user="leedscanary"]

I''ve really enjoyed my week in charge. Thanks to everyone involved, especially Billy Dixon for those stunning TNS odds. He really is a true City fan - just like all us Pups.[Y]

I think deep down, I knew the game was up as soon as I saw the weather conditions on Sky last night. And with hindsight, we all know firsthand what happens when near bottom of the league play the runaway leaders!

[~]"The Young Gun''s first five shots were bang on target, just one more would see off Billy The Dix. From out of nowhere the Dix''s trusty steed came Racing to the rescue, the Dix tugged the rim of his hat - "a valiant effort Leeds, we''ll meet again". The Young Gun slumped to the ground in defeat, but happy knowing he''d given it his best shot. ''Til next time Billy The Dix...."[~]

[/quote]

I like it Young Gun but you didn''t slump to the ground in defeat , no you are standing tall ready to take on Dixie Billy in the new year , I still say you are the fastest, Young Gun [Y]....arrdee. p. s. all I need now is Inchy to respond to my e-mails.

Unlucky Leeds. I really thought we had it in the bag. I didn''t even bother to check the result last night (this morning) when I got in thinking it was so nailed on... Ahh well we gave it a real good go, it''s only a matter of time [O]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Kalmar 6 - Norkopping 0

Yay! Finally getting a run together! [:D]

[/quote]

Yes indeed! Well done Shaun, your winning run is now up to 5 [Y] Other PUP''s who are hot[H] at the moment are of course Arrdee[*] and Inch High[*] who extended their winning run to 13[Y] (or 19 if you include the end of last season). Leeds is on a winning streak of 8[Y]  While Devon, MaccyD, Mr Bump & Norfolkchance1 have a run of 6[Y]

Here is the latest PUP''s Table:-

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

13-13

Inch High

13-13

Trent Canary

11-13

MacDougall’s perm

8-10

Mr Bump

8-10

GazzaTCC

7-9

Obiwancanary

7-9

Sparkos

7-9

Delia’s Devon..

10-13

Fellas

10-13

Hissing Sid

10-13

Leeds canary

10-13

P’boro_canary

10-13

Shack Attack

10-13

Beaker

9-12

Kathy

5-7

Till 1010

5-7

1st Wazzock

9-13

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

9-13

Lucky Green Trainers

9-13

Newyorkcanary

9-13

Methcanary

6-9

Muddy funster

8-12

NCFC_Shaun

8-12

Camuldonum

7-11

1dartmoore

5-8

7Rew

5-8

Scooby

5-8

Cosmic Twin

8-13

Norfolkchance1

8-13

Cityangel

6-10

Astrodyne

4-7

Mister Chops

5-9

Graham Humphrey

7-13

Nutty nigel

7-13

The Butler

7-13

Berkshire Canary

6-12

Canary Ryan

5-10

Nigel, how many weeks were there in the end last season? To qualify for the leaderboard you need to have done half of the weeks, and as im sure you remember it may be a little difficult  for me getting access to the internet over the coming months! So would be good to try and least qualify for the leaderboard, not that catching Inchy or Arrdee appears to be possible right now [:(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

40 weeks last season Trent. I reckon you need to be available 7 more times before the first week in May [Y]

[/quote]Ah thats ok then, three more weeks until I go so only need to find 4 more along my travels. Sure I can just about manage that [:)]

For those who are interested here is the latest table showing where the PUP''s find most joy. It seems more and more PUP''s are picking in Europe which is running at 76% for the season so far. League 2 is a poor 38% in comparison. Food for thought.

In all 49 PUP''s made selections this week with 37 correct naps[Y] These were divided amongst 25 different teams with 16 being correct making 60% success which is very slightly up on the seasons average.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

15-25

191-323

Premiership

3-6

25-46

Championship

1-1

25-48

League One

1-3

30-55

League Two

1-3

15-40

Conference

2-3

14-24

Other Non Lge (Inc. Welsh)

1-1

5-6

English Cups

1-2

Scots Premiership

1-1

11-14

Scots Leagues

1-1

9-17

Scots Cup

0-1

1-2

Europe

4-5

31-41

Internationals

23-28

Unlucky Leeds a great effort last week and gives me a tough act to follow at the weekend. With the FA Cup first round this weekend it will hopefully provide some decent opportunities.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Kalmar 6 - Norkopping 0

Yay! Finally getting a run together! [:D]

[/quote]

Yes indeed! Well done Shaun, your winning run is now up to 5 [Y] Other PUP''s who are hot[H] at the moment are of course Arrdee[*] and Inch High[*] who extended their winning run to 13[Y] (or 19 if you include the end of last season). Leeds is on a winning streak of 8[Y]  While Devon, MaccyD, Mr Bump & Norfolkchance1 have a run of 6[Y]

Here is the latest PUP''s Table:-

Picker

Season

Season %

Arrdee

13-13

Inch High

13-13

Trent Canary

11-13

MacDougall’s perm

8-10

Mr Bump

8-10

GazzaTCC

7-9

Obiwancanary

7-9

Sparkos

7-9

Delia’s Devon..

10-13

Fellas

10-13

Hissing Sid

10-13

Leeds canary

10-13

P’boro_canary

10-13

Shack Attack

10-13

Beaker

9-12

Kathy

5-7

Till 1010

5-7

1st Wazzock

9-13

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

9-13

Lucky Green Trainers

9-13

Newyorkcanary

9-13

Methcanary

6-9

Muddy funster

8-12

NCFC_Shaun

8-12

Camuldonum

7-11

1dartmoore

5-8

7Rew

5-8

Scooby

5-8

Cosmic Twin

8-13

Norfolkchance1

8-13

Cityangel

6-10

Astrodyne

4-7

Mister Chops

5-9

Graham Humphrey

7-13

Nutty nigel

7-13

The Butler

7-13

Berkshire Canary

6-12

Canary Ryan

5-10

[/quote]

Nutty, you put in sterling effort on this front so hope you don''t think I''m complaining. The last several times you have published this table you have omitted me as a participant. At first, due to my poor performance this season, I thought you were simply trying to save my blushes. I now have come to the opinion that, being bottom of the rung for a while, I must have been relegated. Even if I''m in last place, however, it''s not an altogether bad thing as I''m helping someone else avoid the shame. Please give thought to reinstating me. Best wishes, Yankee.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Nutty, you put in sterling effort on this front so hope you don''t think I''m complaining. The last several times you have published this table you have omitted me as a participant. At first, due to my poor performance this season, I thought you were simply trying to save my blushes. I now have come to the opinion that, being bottom of the rung for a while, I must have been relegated. Even if I''m in last place, however, it''s not an altogether bad thing as I''m helping someone else avoid the shame. Please give thought to reinstating me. Best wishes, Yankee.[/quote]

No Yankee, you are not excluded, how could we exclude one of the Free Bets "Hall Of Fame" It''s just always been the case that we only publish the table showing the pickers who have at least 50% correct in at least 50% of available weeks. Far from being on the bottom rung your record is 6-13 46% and I have every confidence you will be back on the table next week with 7-14. At the rate I am plummeting I will be off the table the week after next so we could pass like ships in the night.[;)]

It may surprise you and some other PUPs[&] to know that there have been a total of 73 posters make selections this season. Some, like you are regular pickers who are currently below 50% and others have not made enough selections to qualify. There are in fact 10 PUPs with 100% records! Arrdee and Inch High have 13-13 but there are 8 others with 1-1,2-2 and 3-3 correct. It was decided last season that to make it fair PUPs would have to pick in half the available weeks which would mean 20 in a season. And of course we don''t feel it appropriate to publish the details of PUPs who are down on their luck.

All the PUPs are on Rays and my radar, not just the ones that make the table. In fact earlier on the thread Arrdee made reference to how well Davo was doing even though he hadn''t selected enough times to make the table yet. So there you have it Yankee my friend - nobody is excluded and you are never away from the beady eye of those who monitor the Free Bet Thread. [Y]