Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Player ratings - Derby

Terrible match, between two very poor teams. Ill try to be as detailed as possible but cant say I noticed much.Marshall - 5 - The last few weeks he has showed the good aspects of his play (Saving). Today showed the poor aspects. Was at fault for final goal (Although Drury didnt cover himself in glory either) Very poor kicking, although defenders never came short.Semmy - 6 - Looked going forward, although it only happened rarely. Defensively did well too.Drury - 6 - As good as could be expected at centre half. Not too good in the air, but was competent on the floor. (By the way not sure who was supposed to pick up Hulse for his goal, whoever that was deserves a mark down as he had a free header)Omozusi - 6 - Didnt notice either way to be honest. Bertrand - 6 - See above. Couple of nice touches, and did well stopping crosses, but didnt notice much else.Clingan - 6/7 - Put in some very good challenges, particularly one in the second half on a clean-through striker. Passing was pretty average. Playing at right back in the second, he was far too defensive, and didnt get forward at pace in the way semmy would. Well taken penalty.Russell - 5 - Didnt notice him do very much, sure someone can elaborate.Koroma - 5 - Good pace, but not much control. Spurned couple of chances and just doesnt look like scoring.Croft - 5/6 - Good pace, and looked to get forward. But not much end product. Had so many blocked crosses it was ridiculous.Sibs - 4/5 - Didnt do anything whatsoever of note.Lita  - 5 - Nice touches, but had three chances,none of which were on target. Subs - Bell looked good, very good cross on him. Lupoli didnt have enough time, and Fozzy ran around a lot with no real quality.Fans - Terrible again. Outsang by Derby very comfortably. Bit of noise when we equalised but that was it. Last season the only players who ever had their name sung were Hucks and JC. This season I doubt anyone does on a regular basis. There was a chant for Semmy when he was injured but thats it.Not sure what to say. Finally had the Russell/Clingan combination, but again Russell was just too defensive. Its very frustarting. We looked to use the wings but cant remember either winger beating the defender, partly due to a real lack of pace in our play (Which with Koroma, Bertrand, Croft and Semmy should not be happening) By the way why do we always struggle against ten men, but do absolutely nothing when we go down to ten men.I can only remember one shot on target besides the penalty (Koromas free kick), there is just no cutting edge to our play. The frustrating thing is Derby were very poor too, no real quality and dont think Marshall had many saves to make.Anyway look forward to any other comments, cant say I noticed much in the game as it was that bad.

Oh and did anyone in the Barclay have a view of the penalty? Although it went in it barely looked like the keeper touched Lita, if he stayed on his feet it was a wide open goal. Fair enough we scored and they went down to ten men, but thought he could have stayed on his feet.

Also Russell was captain, which I agreed with. But cant say I noticed any on-pitch leadership.Also with Drury filling in at centre-back, whats the point of young Troy of Spurs? Assuming he isnt injured.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Also Russell was captain, which I agreed with. But cant say I noticed any on-pitch leadership.

Also with Drury filling in at centre-back, whats the point of young Troy of Spurs? Assuming he isnt injured.
[/quote]

I saw in another post that this was due to the number of loanees already in the team.

Marshall - 5
Semmy - 6
Drury - 5
Omozusi - 6
Bertrand - 6
Clingan - 7
Russell - 7
Koroma - 6
Croft - 5
Sibs - 4
Lita  - 6

Bell looked pretty good when he came on.

But still the performance was a joke and even when they were down to ten men it still diddnt look like we were going to score. And what on earth is up with this team selection from today. We have a proper big centre back in Troy Archivald Henville but oh no instead of using him we use Drury and Omozusi who are not really very tall playing against big Rob Hulse! What has Archivald Henville got to do to get a game.

Also i had high hopes for Sibierski when he first came on loan but i have to say in the four matches i have been to watch him play he has done nothing.

I really aint very positive about the future. We cant seem to score a goal, were giving away penalties for fun and we are so skint we cant even afford a loan player. I cant see anything else other than a relegation battle this season

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Marshall -4 Drury - 6 Bertrand - 5 Omozusi - 6 Semmy - 5 Koroma - 6 Clingan - 8 Russell - 5 Croft - 6 Lita - 7 Sibierski - 4[/quote]

Bit generous on Lita, in my opinion. Unless you''re giving him extra marks for winning the penalty.

He had a couple of good moments in the first half and won the penalty in the second half and that was more or less it. 

Only ran when he had to.

But that''s what I expected him to be like really, fairly lazy but with the ability to nip in and score some goals and worry defenders with a bit of pace and strength when he''s got the ball.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Marshall -4 Drury - 6 Bertrand - 5 Omozusi - 6 Semmy - 5 Koroma - 6 Clingan - 8 Russell - 5 Croft - 6 Lita - 7 Sibierski - 4[/quote]

Bit generous on Lita, in my opinion. Unless you''re giving him extra marks for winning the penalty.

He had a couple of good moments in the first half and won the penalty in the second half and that was more or less it. 

Only ran when he had to.

But that''s what I expected him to be like really, fairly lazy but with the ability to nip in and score some goals and worry defenders with a bit of pace and strength when he''s got the ball.

[/quote]Summed it up very well for me. Im sure hes got bags of pace and quality, but I cant see him really giving it all for Norwich City FC. Had three reasonable chances, two headers and one shot towards the end, none troubled the keeper.

just got back from today''s game...Can''t really fault your ratings to be honest , I thought we were relegation material first half and probably mid table material second half.Marshall - must have got a flea in his ear half time , second half he started playing the ball on the ground and short. Worked well and we actually started to string passes together, stupid mistake for the goal but he''s won us a few points recentlySemmy - good performance , could have got forward more , linked up well with croft now and then but all too rare. Defensively sound Drury - Did well at centre back but probably was at fault for the corner, out of position so I have to give him a breakOmuzusi - pretty solid, doesn''t do much at corners attacking wise but good presence and far more comfortable than others we''ve hadBertie - Yeah, class act . I only say this because I probably go to Carrow Road maybe 7 times a season and every time I see him he oozes abillity, a real star in the making.Clingnan - MOM tackled back well, tried to get the ball moving , although should have probably tried to get the ball down earlier on other than that though like him alot. Dis suffer at right back but again out of position , so can''t be too critical.Koroma - way too raw , superb athelete and obviously the raw materials are there but we''re not a finishing school for P.F.CCroft - Such an exciting player going forward , not a very intelligent footballer but he really led the Norwich fight back. I think he should cross the ball a bit less and maybe come inside, what do you guys think ?Sibs - spent most of the first half nodding flick ons to no one, couldn''t have been much fun going up for long balls all day , his height encourages us to play long balls and its really unnecessaryLita - bright, energetic , had a couple of heavy touches and a couple of good ones but not going to do much in a month. Fans - seem to be more interested in booing the ref and mark fotheringham. No singing at all , no colour or atmosphere but then what do you expect after so many years of dross ?Bell looked good. Lupoli not involved. Fotheringham is just public enemy number one, people were ready to boo him before he got the ball , he even got jeered for making a sideways pass (that found his man) but some people in my section, I think he moves the ball around well maybe needs to play alongside someone more dynamic but not deserving of some of the c*** he gets.. we need consistency , I know that is hard with injuries but roeder needs to settle on a team and stick with it, siberski should play in midfield or not at all , so we don''t keep going for the long ball and the tempo of our play needs to be up right from the start. as for derby, they''re no great shakes , we gave them three points today

Good thoughts splat.Agree Croft should come inside more. I have no idea how many crosses he tried to make when it was blatantly obvious the defender was going to block it. Thats why we need Semmy bombing on to help him. Just doesnt happen enough.And agree on the fans, was a bit harsh but when thats the football on offer (And I dont make many matches for various reasons) its no surprise there is no atmosphere.

Marshall - 4 - Today showed, yet again, why he isnt the best goalkeeper outside the Premiership.. made some tidy saves but let us down when it mattered.. started to come for the corner for 1st goal before changing his mind, and was at fault for the second goal clearly.. cant blame Drury at all! Marshall could see Drury infront of him and put him under pressure by commiting himslef...

Your a goalkeeper Marshall not a bloody sweeper! his kicking and command of area remain awful.... He''s sh*t at the end of the day.. and please no one bleat on about how many games he''s won for us.. look at his mistakes over the past 2 seasons!

Semmy - 6 - did his best but was off the pace.. sad he got injued as we are thin on the ground as it is!

Drury - 8 - did brilliantly imo... not a physical defender or the tallerst by any means but made some saving tackles and looked to link up the midfield with some neat passing out of the back too... Well done Adam!

Omozusi - 6 - probably his best game for us.. by the fact he was virtually non existent!

Bertrand - 5 - a rare off day for Ryan, poor passing and some missed tackles put us under unecessary pressure

Clingan - 6 - good pnealty and some good tackles but his passing was lacking..

Russell - 5 . got a yellow card and won a few headers in the middle but thats it.

Koroma - 5 - Quick but far too leggy.. looks like the next Ade Akinbiyi today and had 2 attempts to at least hit the target.. failing to take both.

Croft - 6 - didint beat his man that often but helped out defensivley and did ok.

Sibs - 5 - Looks overweight, Disinterested and contributes nothing

Lita  - 5 won a penalty, but again looked like he wished he was somewhere else!

Subs -

Bell 7 - looked neat and tidy and put in a few decent balls.

Lupoli 6 - default rating not enough time 

Fozzy 6- ran and broke play up... could of proved a point to Roeder today but missed his chance a little bit...

jas :)

Why did Clingan take the penalty when we had 3 strikers or even 4 if you count Rusty on the field. We have  a stikeforce barren of goals and confidence and yet they dont step forward to take a penalty. Amazing!  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Marshall - 4 - Today showed, yet again, why he isnt the best goalkeeper outside the Premiership.. made some tidy saves but let us down when it mattered.. started to come for the corner for 1st goal before changing his mind, and was at fault for the second goal clearly.. cant blame Drury at all! Marshall could see Drury infront of him and put him under pressure by commiting himslef...

Your a goalkeeper Marshall not a bloody sweeper! his kicking and command of area remain awful.... He''s sh*t at the end of the day.. and please no one bleat on about how many games he''s won for us.. look at his mistakes over the past 2 seasons!

[/quote]

I still think he''s the best goalkeeper outside the Premier League.

His form this season has been very good. Shame he made a very costly mistake today but I''m still chuffed that we''ve got a goalkeeper of his ability. I''m sure as the season goes on he will prove many more times what a good ''keeper he is.

Marshall - 2
Semmy - 4
Drury - 3
Omozusi - 4
Bertrand - 4
Clingan - 7
Russell - 5
Koroma - 3
Croft - 5
Sibs - 2
Lita  - 6

Darren Deadman (Ref) - 2 Looked uninterested, missed loads of things, didn''t stamp on the timewasting.

Crowd - 2 Stunned into silence by another totally clueless performance.

[quote user="jjjohnny"]drury 3 you are a prattwas you even there?[/quote]

If you think my scores are a mile out I have got to ask ''was you even there?''

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]Drury was out of postion and had as good a game as anyone,5s across the board would be slightly flattering

[quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]Drury was out of postion and had as good a game as anyone,5s across the board would be slightly flattering[/quote]

So, lets get this straight you call me a prat for marking him 3, you then say that ''5''s across the board would be slightly flattering'', which would suggest you would say a 4. Is that a major improvement from a 3 ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]Drury was out of postion and had as good a game as anyone,5s across the board would be slightly flattering[/quote]

So, lets get this straight you call me a prat for marking him 3, you then say that ''5''s across the board would be slightly flattering'', which would suggest you would say a 4. Is that a major improvement from a 3 ?

[/quote]yes you are a pratt

Marshall - 5 Looks unsure of himself but, more importantly, the defence in front of him. Would he have run out like a headless chicken had he been more confident of the defence in front of him?

Semmy - 6 Not his best game but looked all right

Bertrand - 7 Good play and he looks like he genuinely wants to play well and help the club

Omosuzi - 5 Looked raw and unsure of what to do when he had the ball. Never brought the ball down and instead aimlessly headed and lumped it forward

Drury - 5 It''s a shame to see Drury playing like this when he was once one of the best defenders outside of the Premiership. Like Omosuzi, never brought the ball down and played it even if there was a Derby player 20ft from him. He would then head the ball 15ft forward to the Derby player''s feet

Croft - 4 Needs someone to tell him to cross the ball first time, hard and low. Not faff about for two minutes and then hang the ball in the air for the opposition goalkeeper to catch. The most annoying thing with Croft is that he has the potential but keeps making basic mistakes. Get some chalk on your boots Croft and cross early.

OJ - 4 The Sierra Leonian Emile Heskey. Big, powerful, fast but can''t get his shots on target. Not his fault he was played out of position but still gets a 4. Sorry.

Klingon - 7 Solid. Several crunching tackles and good distribution

Rusty - 7/5 Looked our best player in the first half and then faded in the second at precisely the point where we needed someone to grab the game in midfield by the scruff of the neck

Sibierski - 6 Big lump which needed the ball pumped up to him. Never happened

Lita - 6 Nice touches and looked willing but still needs time to gel

Subs

Fozzy - 6

Bell - 7 Looked really promising. Has a wicked cross on him and is two-footed

Lupoli - 6

Oh and FAO Jas: I thought you hated Drury? Very surprised to see you give him and 8 out of 10

[quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="jjjohnny"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]yes you are a pratt[/quote]

I promise I won''t call you anything nasty in case Mummy or Daddy make you turn the computer off or send you to bed early, but I would imagine the fact you have not stated players marks (i.e.your opinion) is beyond you, not comfortable with numbers perhaps.

Actually, I thought that Drury coped well in an unusual position for him. The second goal was not his fault; a;part from that he did well in his second game for the season. 

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Marshall - 5 Looks unsure of himself but, more importantly, the defence in front of him. Would he have run out like a headless chicken had he been more confident of the defence in front of him?

Semmy - 6 Not his best game but looked all right

Bertrand - 7 Good play and he looks like he genuinely wants to play well and help the club

Omosuzi - 5 Looked raw and unsure of what to do when he had the ball. Never brought the ball down and instead aimlessly headed and lumped it forward

Drury - 5 It''s a shame to see Drury playing like this when he was once one of the best defenders outside of the Premiership. Like Omosuzi, never brought the ball down and played it even if there was a Derby player 20ft from him. He would then head the ball 15ft forward to the Derby player''s feet

Croft - 4 Needs someone to tell him to cross the ball first time, hard and low. Not faff about for two minutes and then hang the ball in the air for the opposition goalkeeper to catch. The most annoying thing with Croft is that he has the potential but keeps making basic mistakes. Get some chalk on your boots Croft and cross early.

OJ - 4 The Sierra Leonian Emile Heskey. Big, powerful, fast but can''t get his shots on target. Not his fault he was played out of position but still gets a 4. Sorry.

Klingon - 7 Solid. Several crunching tackles and good distribution

Rusty - 7/5 Looked our best player in the first half and then faded in the second at precisely the point where we needed someone to grab the game in midfield by the scruff of the neck

Sibierski - 6 Big lump which needed the ball pumped up to him. Never happened

Lita - 6 Nice touches and looked willing but still needs time to gel

Subs

Fozzy - 6

Bell - 7 Looked really promising. Has a wicked cross on him and is two-footed

Lupoli - 6

Oh and FAO Jas: I thought you hated Drury? Very surprised to see you give him and 8 out of 10

[/quote]

never said i hated Drury.. think he has been very poor in the past few seasons but have a feeling, as i have said on here, that this was down to lack of pressure on him.. before Bertrand came we never had another left back and Adam was the 1st name on the team sheet.. i think he got a bit to comfortable knowing he was "untouchable".. he''s had a welly up the jacksie now and looks a better player for it...

Like i said, Well done Adam!

jas :)

The positives from todays game-

• Clingan is back and looked very good, and gives us hope for future penalties. How calm was he!
  • David Bell has finally played for us and looked pretty good in his time, and looks to have a cross like none other at our fine club today
  • Fotheringham has finally been dropped
  • We only made one terrible error that resulted in a goal

Negatives?

• Semmy appears to be crocked
  • Sibierski appears to be useless
  • Hoolahan is MIA, presumed extemely grumpy
  • We made a terrible error that cost us the game

And now we have another international break to regroup and reassemble and try to sort out this mess out. God knows we need to...

Another game where despite us having a 4th choice back 4 we contained the derby attack yet still conceeded two very soft goals.  Game for me was lost in central midfield where we were second best for 70 mins - first 10 started well with clingan crinching into tackles but he faded and then we had a purple patch fater the sending off.   Russell was woeful yet still not the worst player on the pitch.  Derby were poor yet their keepers did not have a save to make either Roeder such was the lack of creativity in our midfield and lack of movement from the statuesque Sibierski.

Once we had a man advantage our lack of movement and forward movement with pace meant Derby had all the time in the world to solve the times crossed word and defend our less challenging attacks before we got into position to cross the half way line.  We did not look like scoring  - again.

Central midfield a real worry;  good footballers being sent home, left of the bench/team is another.  Our problem is not the absense of Stef/Doc/Kennedy in defence;  its any pace, strength or creativity in midfield.

Marshall   5  Completely mad for the winner and while I have not seen a reply yet felt that he should have come for the corner; hulse had a free header on the edge of the 6 yard    Box;  just where the keeper should dominate. 

Ots 5 Nothing going forward and in the first half was so out of position it was croft russel omo and drury who did the defending in the snakepit corner.  Imnproved slightly in the second half but was not at the races at all.

Omozusi 6 probably his best game yet close to MOTM,  read the game well and kept hulse in check most of the game,  improving well  - but either he or drury failed to challenge hulse for the opener

Drury 6 clear signs of lack of partnership with omo but other than that played well

Bertrand 5 A like this lad a lot but the positional switching has affected his performances;  starting to cross like croft [:(]

Croft 6 Again such little end product but worked well and effectively to cover Ots ar$e.  Tired in the second half but still surprised he was taken off when MOTM for me.

Russell 4 Woeful;  off the pace, lacking impact and disinterested. Far too weak in the challenge and brushed off the ball far too many times. SHould be dropped.

Clingan 6  Started well with some crunching tackles but faded badly, unsurprisingly given lack of match practice;  much more to come but a wlecome return.

OJ 5  Painfully out of position and clearly trying to remember his brief for the role.  Tried but just wrong;  still want to see him given more time up front.  Missed hoolahan badly

Lita 6 Clear penalty and from barclay took a painful kick on the chin.   Most bizarre looking shape,  but keen just lacking any service from the team

Sibierski 3  Becoming a shining example of a poor loan;  poor movement,  poor touch,  brought no one into the game and constantly ran towards croft restricting his space instead of moving into the box for a possible cross.  How he lasted 90 mins I will never know.

SUbs

Bell 6  Nearly MOTM;  Wrong side of pitch but produced more dangerous crosses from right once switched than croft did.   Can see him starting soon.

Fozzy 5  The crab was back - slowed the game down and kept us going sideways instead of forwards

Lupoli 5 Like OJ and bell clearly out of position and no impact 

Marshall 5 - Cock up for the goal and his kicking was shocking

Otsemobor 5 - When he went forward he didn''t look like he knew what to do, kept giving it away, have seen him play much better

Omosuzi 6 - Thought he was better yesterday than i have seen him before

Drury 6 - Nothing special tbh, not much to say here

Bertrand 4 - Gave the ball away far too much and i have never seen him have a good game. England U21''s my arse

Croft 6 - Good effort but his end product as usual was terrible, at least he is looking to beat people now

Clingan 6 - Scored the pen and was tidy, still gave the ball away a fair bit though

Russell 5- The yellow card was the highlight of his game, poor.

Koroma 4 - Clueless in front of goal

Sibierski 4 - Didn''t look interested, very poor

Lita 5 - Won the penalty, not much else

Subs: Fotheringham 4, Bell 5, Lupoli 5

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]GJP/Trent. I watched Lita very closely, harsh to say he is lazy, his movement is superb, pulled the Derby defenders all ove the place, always looking for the ball, unfortunately the real problem was the lack of decent service.[/quote]

Can''t say I saw that in his performance. Started brightly enough but then he looked like he only put the effort in when he really had to.