Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink un Pickers

There''s a few tasty pics if your willing to be adventurous this week and go away from England.

Ardee''s Nap of Besiktas to win looks good: Besiktas have scored 5 in 2 at home with no reply and Hacettepe SK while drwing 1 away from home haven''t scored on their travels so far.

Lazio Vs Lecce also looks good with lazio again scoring 5 at home in two with no replay and Lecce loosing both thier away games conceeeding 4.

Staying in tialy There''s AC Milan vs Cagliari, Milan have been inconsistant but Cagliari have been consistantly poor conceeding 10 goals home and away and only scoring 1.

Inter vs Bologna also could be a safe bet with inter being good at home although Bologna''s only point this season have come away from home to Milan.

But my nap this week has to be Mallorca vs Sporting Gijon. Mallorca have been inconsistant this season but Sporting have coneeded a massive 11 goals in their two away games so far and are yet to pick up a point this season.

So MALLORCA - Sporting Gijon, home win.

Davo

Now you lovely old Pickers , Its not too late to give your one selection on the Free Bet you know , the lovely Gentleman Jim will consider your "nap" and if he finds it to his satisfaction he will include it on his final line of 6 . Remember you will also be entered into Nuttys league of tipsters , after thinking about Snakepits idea I have come up with one or two thoughts , I will tell you about these later when I have formulated these thoughts to a finer degree , what I will say is these thought involve the top 5 or 6 Pickers in the "talented ones" league.

Before I embark on this mission to bring more money to our wonderful Academy I feel I must debate with Snakepit to iron out one or two points . Rest assured I will keep you up to date with my plans as they happen and my hope is for them to come to fruition , time will tell....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old Pickers , Its not too late to give your one selection on the Free Bet you know , the lovely Gentleman Jim will consider your "nap" and if he finds it to his satisfaction he will include it on his final line of 6 . Remember you will also be entered into Nuttys league of tipsters , after thinking about Snakepits idea I have come up with one or two thoughts , I will tell you about these later when I have formulated these thoughts to a finer degree , what I will say is these thought involve the top 5 or 6 Pickers in the "talented ones" league.

Before I embark on this mission to bring more money to our wonderful Academy I feel I must debate with Snakepit to iron out one or two points . Rest assured I will keep you up to date with my plans as they happen and my hope is for them to come to fruition , time will tell....arrdee. 

[/quote]

Arrdee, just a thought, How about the top pickers selecting a set of long odds teams, rather than the safer bets, for a once a month punt?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Arrdee, just a thought, How about the top pickers selecting a set of long odds teams, rather than the safer bets, for a once a month punt?

[/quote]

Yes Chris my thoughts are along these lines but not exactly as you describe them , It does involve longer odds but not during the season .We will carry on with our quest of finding winners regardless of odds to fashion our team of super Pickers at the end of the season . I will reveal all soon , until then keep hitting winners what ever the price....arrdee.

Hi all, only just managed to get on as the site was down earlier, I have emailed Ray my picks just in case.

Briefly they are :-

(1)  St.Mirren     v   Rangers  ...... Away
(2)  Brechin        v   Aloa     ......   Home
(3)  Rotherham   v   Grimsby  ...... Home
(4)  Kiddminster v   Barrow   ..... .Home
(5)  Celtic           v  Hamilton .....  .Home
(6)  Mallorca     v   Sporting Gijon.Home

Sorry for the delay   ,  Jim

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Hi all, only just managed to get on as the site was down earlier, I have emailed Ray my picks just in case.

Briefly they are :-

(1)  St.Mirren     v   Rangers  ...... Away
(2)  Brechin        v   Aloa     ......   Home
(3)  Rotherham   v   Grimsby  ...... Home
(4)  Kiddminster v   Barrow   ..... .Home
(5)  Celtic           v  Hamilton .....  .Home
(6)  Mallorca     v   Sporting Gijon.Home

Sorry for the delay   ,  Jim

[/quote]

Don''t know a lot about the leagues of those respective fixtures, but I''m show you know what you''re doing.

Good luck Jim [:)]

Yes well done Jim , a great set of picks, they really do look good, I will put them on in the morning with Dixmar Racing and let you know lunch time , that is if this web site is working , its such a wonderful and quaint little system we have here I can''t imagine why everyone in the country  hasn''t got this lovely quaint little system....arrdee.  

Yes well done Gentleman Jim. I''m sure your name will be added to the hall of fame this weekend. Great set of picks[Y]

Despite this quaint little system being down during the afternoon I would like to assure all you pickers that Arrdee had covered every angle to make sure the free bet still got on. As everything else failed Arrdee, Gorleston Jim and Billy Dixon kept in contact through a network of tin cans and string across Norfolk. Nothing will deter Arrdee from achieving his goals with the free bet.

Now it''s my job to go and clear up all the the string from the hedgerows while Arrdee and Gentleman Jim, snoring their heads off safe in the knowledge that this quaint little system has been repaired, are dreaming of the next wayne Rooney being funded by Ray''s funds for FONCY [:''(]

Hi all, thanks for good wishes,

Sorry about the brevity of my post for this weeks picks, I had composed text to explain what I had chosen and giving the reasons for those I hadn''t. I spent three hours trying to get on the site before panicking and sending Ray a brief copy of my selections. When I could get on it would have taken me a half hour to type it all in and I was scared the site would go off line again whilst I was doing it so I just cut and pasted what I had sent Ray.

However my selections where based on my thoughts for every match plus the current prowess of the individual pickers and I think I have come up with a good blend of inform teams and the best of the PUPs (Pink Un Pickers) !

Good luck to us !

Good set of picks, a few of my pennies are backing it as well! Also gone for Norwich to win 2-1, and Lita to score first with a 1-1 finish.

Yes the Bet is on you lovely old Pickers , A big thanks to the wonderful Gentleman Jim , the Bet is ....

4-11      Rangers                        Nutty,BBIwan,Fellas

4-7        Brechin                         Norchance,Inchy,Kathy,P''boro

8-11      Rotherham                    Sports Pete,Meth C,Wazz,Paul,Jimbo,Cosmic

4-7        Kidderminster               G Jim

1-5        Celtic                            Tilly,Sparks,Devon,Beaker,Rob Lim,Newyork,Gazza,Scooby

8-13       Mallorca                       Davo

Which will win for the Academy £102-75p thanks to Dixmar Racing and Billy Dixon , Jim your selections look so good , I don''t see how we can fail . So its a big thanks to you Jim from all the Pickers and an extra big thanks from me. Good luck all....arrdee.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Good luck Jim and everyone.

Come on Inter! need a win to get me back over 50%!

[/quote]

Don''t worry Shaun , You will get your win that will take you up to 50% I am sure. I have just run the same bet through a big bookmakers site who are suppose to be the best , they would pay us £78-28p against Dixmars £102-75p , makes you think doesn''t it ?....arrdee.

Not many as generous as our very own booky Mr Dixon.

I''ll be watching the results very carefully today as I''m stuck at home with the (man)flu.[:(] Her indoors would not let me go for fear of inflicting 25,000 others.[:P]

So SSN on the TV and radio Norfolk on the radio and 1 box of tissues and a good supply of lemsip are all at the ready for my afternoons pleasure.

[quote user="Fellas"]I think I''m right in saying hard luck Gentleman Jim.[/quote]Agreed. I Assume it will be another 5 from 6 week, a real shame but we still have had a good performance this season!

Oh dear oh dear, just got home and seen the results, City lost ! freebet lost ! my pick lost ! 

Will it be a waste of time checking my lottery ticket I ask myself. ? ? ? ?

Thanks for all who supplied me with their correct predictions I will try to do the same for you all next week.

Onward and upward

Jim

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Fellas"]I think I''m right in saying hard luck Gentleman Jim.
[/quote]

Agreed. I Assume it will be another 5 from 6 week, a real shame but we still have had a good performance this season!
[/quote]

Yes hard luck Jim , I have just got in to have a look at the results , surely this is not going be another 5 from 6 ? If it is it will show you how close we are each week with our team of super Pickers . If we keep knocking on the door like this the wins will come I know.

The important thing is the enjoyment we all get from the Free Bet with all the lovely old City fans pulling together , I know you will be feeling down Jim but don''t be, this is not what the Free Bet is about , you have done a magnificent job even if it isn''t 5 from 6. I am not daft enough (not quite) to think that we are going to win every week but if we get close like this I know there will be a fair sprinkling of wins through out the season . So head up Jim and look forward to next week and no sorrows I cant stand hearing sorrows on the Free Bet, that is not what I started the Free Bet for.

Could I just say well done Inchy 9 from 9 you lovely old boy and I hope this has chipped you up and made your cold insignificant . I see my selection has been put back to Monday night to accommodate the Turkish television , sorry to keep you waiting Inchy (no I aren''t) [:D] you lovely old boy....arrdee  

Inter Milan 2 - Bologna 1.

Finally! Back to winning ways [:)] back over 50% and hoping I can keep it up from here on in. The start was just bad luck as I was a first timer [;)]

As Jimmy Greaves would say(showing my true age) it''s a funny old game.

Gentleman Jim has once again done this greatest of internet threads proud by taking us so close to our goal. It''s only a matter of time before Englands best bookmaker has to pay up again to enhance the fortunes of the Norwich City youth.[:D]

Well done Jim on your selections, you did us proud.[H]

Now to watch that Turkish result Monday.[;)]