Sign in to follow this  
Future Radio

John Tilson from NCISA on Future Radio Today

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Gazza, we are all in the same boat but pulling in different directions. We need to find a middle ground,that I feel will come at the AGM. I am hoping that Delia will use this to state her intentions to sell and maybe the club can move on from there?

If at that point she doesn''t then I may be tempted off the fence I''m sitting on. She knows her days are short and I think she may use the AGM to signal the end of her reign.

Maybe a truce until then maybe worthwile?

[/quote]

Nothing will happen at the AGM.

We will just get a new set of lies this year... just as we were blatantly lied to this time last year (when Delia knew fine well she had an offer of sorts on the table from Mr Cullum).

All this lets do nothing until the AGM... then there will be yet another excuse to sit on your hands.

We have heard nothing but excuses for 3 and half years now.

I think the majority of you are in love with the idea of a football club that is unsuccessful.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Gazza - The Premiership is where the money is, hence the interest in Newcastle. Ay investor has got to believe their money will get Norwich City FC to the "promised land", you only have to look at QPR to see that being wealthy does not guarantee success on the field.[/quote]

Hasn''t stopped Ipswich, Hull, Wolves, Coventry,Cardiff and others being brought out has it???

[/quote]

If you want Smith & Jones ''bought out'' then surely you need to find somebody to buy them out. What are you protesting for? Do you want them to buy themselves out???

[/quote]

I am backwards and I was born in Norfolk... it is no wonder the rest of the country takes the mickey out of Norfolk folk as well as our football club!!!

The fact that so many of our fans sit reading the accounts and think that discussions with board members are going to make them see the light says how very very simple the majority of our fans are.

Our board do not give a monkeys what we think.

How many other groups of fans in the UK sit there reading the accounts when they have an issue with how the club is being run?

It doesn''t take a financial guru to realise that we have been short changed time and time again does it???

This time last year[*-)]

Tycoon won''t buy Canaries

16 October 2007 11:27

Millionaire businessman Peter Cullum will not be buying Norwich City.

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks that Delia Smith and husband Michael Wynn Jones were on the verge of selling their majority interest in the struggling Canaries, with new directors Andrew and Sharon Turner rumoured to be a front for the 57-year-old Cullum, pictured below.

But Cullum - who once played in Norwich colours as a teenager - is concentrating his efforts on his company, insurance giant Towergate Partnership, which is said to be worth at least £700m.

In May it was reported that the company might list on the Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of around £3bn - valueing Cullum''s stake at almost £2bn. And while figures like that would be music to the ears of City fans, it seems unlikely that any of it will find its way to Carrow Road.

While Cullum - the company''s executive chairman - was unavailable for interview, a spokesman for the company said: “He is a loyal supporter of Norwich City.

“He is obviously concerned, like any other Norwich supporter, about recent performances.

“But he has no intention of buying the club.”

Asked whether or not Cullum - who played for Norwich as a schoolboy and once faced Arsenal legend Charlie George in a match - might be considering some sort of financial input, the spokesman said: “No.”

Norwich''s board of directors have been keen to play down talk of a takeover, insisting that the team''s faltering fortunes are their priority, but they face a tricky AGM on Thursday when they will be quizzed over the club''s finances as well as the team''s drop down the Championship table, which led to manager Peter Grant''s departure last week.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This time last year[*-)]

Tycoon won''t buy Canaries

16 October 2007 11:27

Millionaire businessman Peter Cullum will not be buying Norwich City.

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks that Delia Smith and husband Michael Wynn Jones were on the verge of selling their majority interest in the struggling Canaries, with new directors Andrew and Sharon Turner rumoured to be a front for the 57-year-old Cullum, pictured below.

But Cullum - who once played in Norwich colours as a teenager - is concentrating his efforts on his company, insurance giant Towergate Partnership, which is said to be worth at least £700m.

In May it was reported that the company might list on the Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of around £3bn - valueing Cullum''s stake at almost £2bn. And while figures like that would be music to the ears of City fans, it seems unlikely that any of it will find its way to Carrow Road.

While Cullum - the company''s executive chairman - was unavailable for interview, a spokesman for the company said: “He is a loyal supporter of Norwich City.

“He is obviously concerned, like any other Norwich supporter, about recent performances.

“But he has no intention of buying the club.”

Asked whether or not Cullum - who played for Norwich as a schoolboy and once faced Arsenal legend Charlie George in a match - might be considering some sort of financial input, the spokesman said: “No.”

Norwich''s board of directors have been keen to play down talk of a takeover, insisting that the team''s faltering fortunes are their priority, but they face a tricky AGM on Thursday when they will be quizzed over the club''s finances as well as the team''s drop down the Championship table, which led to manager Peter Grant''s departure last week.

[/quote]

Yes a newspaper report that we now know was incorrect Nutty... very well done to you.... [Y]

Now maybe you could dig up Delia''s statements at the AGM and on the Simon Mayo show and post them on here alongside???

Anyhow, I am off to bed now... so you may put your message board watch patrol on to sleep easy for a few hours.

Goodnight... [|-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Gazza - The Premiership is where the money is, hence the interest in Newcastle. Ay investor has got to believe their money will get Norwich City FC to the "promised land", you only have to look at QPR to see that being wealthy does not guarantee success on the field.[/quote]

Hasn''t stopped Ipswich, Hull, Wolves, Coventry,Cardiff and others being brought out has it???

[/quote]

If you want Smith & Jones ''bought out'' then surely you need to find somebody to buy them out. What are you protesting for? Do you want them to buy themselves out???

[/quote]

Worked with chase, would he have gone so soon without protest.............NO

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Gazza, we are all in the same boat but pulling in different directions. We need to find a middle ground,that I feel will come at the AGM. I am hoping that Delia will use this to state her intentions to sell and maybe the club can move on from there?

If at that point she doesn''t then I may be tempted off the fence I''m sitting on. She knows her days are short and I think she may use the AGM to signal the end of her reign.

[/quote]

If the results don''t go for us in the next few weeks then the AGM will become more interesting than it usually is.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

If the results don''t go for us in the next few weeks then the AGM will become more interesting than it usually is.

[/quote]

With respect CA, I dont think it will. There have been several recently I have gone to expecting to need a tin hat but it never actually happens when people have to stand up and confront the board in person. I remember the ''Bob Cooper vote of no confidence'' AGM, the ''Worthington unrest'' AGM, last years ''You made yet another mistake by appointing Peter Grant'' AGM, and its generally been all smiles. There have been one or two exceptions - Keith Roads last year, Robert O''Neill telling Nigel Worthington he thought he should go, but these people tend to get shouted down. Shareholders on the whole do not reflect a cross section of City fans and that will always tend to be the case.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worked with chase, would he have gone so soon without protest.............NO

[/quote]

Whilst he may not have gone so soon without a protest he wouldn''t have gone at all if he hadn''t found "the right person with the right offer".

I hear what you say Kathy about people getting shouted down but wouldn''t this be a great opportunity for  ncisa''s nine committee members to use their voices to raise issues/concerns on behalf of their members.

As I''ve said before if all the various fan groups around the country talked before the AGM and decided on a way forward it would be a bigger voice to be heard.

Maybe an alternative AGM could be called with the same resolutions etc and the chance for questions to be asked.

That way the Board would then have to react to the press coverage of that alternative meeting

If the real AGM is different then fine, otherwise we have the alternative one and the press can get our answers.

[quote user="face"]

Maybe an alternative AGM could be called with the same resolutions etc and the chance for questions to be asked.

That way the Board would then have to react to the press coverage of that alternative meeting

If the real AGM is different then fine, otherwise we have the alternative one and the press can get our answers.

[/quote]

What is an alternative AGM and how would it work?

You get the impression that is not a straightforward question from Nutty Nigel, but trying to cause trouble.

The point that was made (not for the first time) is that people do not get the chance to put questions at the AGM.  So if the feeling was that the real AGM was a sham, then you rerun the event with spaces left for the directors at the top table, but fans followed the same format with the same resolutions.

So for instance a vote would be taken on resolution 3.

An "independent" chairperson would take questions from the floor, and if necessary put them to a vote. 

With press coverage the real directors would be made aware of what was said and then the press would presumably get a reaction to what was said from the Club/shareholders

My main point though is that it is only done should there be a widespread view that the real AGM had not addressed the issues, as obviously that is the place where the issues should be discussed.

[quote user="face"]

You get the impression that is not a straightforward question from Nutty Nigel, but trying to cause trouble.

The point that was made (not for the first time) is that people do not get the chance to put questions at the AGM.  So if the feeling was that the real AGM was a sham, then you rerun the event with spaces left for the directors at the top table, but fans followed the same format with the same resolutions.

An "independent" chairperson would take questions from the floor, and if necessary put them to a vote. 

With press coverage the real directors would be made aware of what was said and then the press would presumably get a reaction to what was said from the Club/shareholders

My main point though is that it is only done should there be a widespread view that the real AGM had not addressed the issues, as obviously that is the place where the issues should be discussed.

[/quote]

Well actually it wasn''t to cause trouble but I believe many of the posts on this thread have been made to cause trouble.

The AGM is exactly what it says on the tin I''m afraid. The resolutions will be voted on and I think we all know what the outcome will be. The only way to change that outcome would be for more people with different points of view owning more of the shares. Many of you on this thread want Smith & Jones to behave differently, make different decisions, or sell out. But while they own the club they will continue to spend their money in the way they want. Obviously most of the fans can''t afford to buy them out so they believe in putting pressure on them to spend their money in a different way, even gamble with it, or walk away and leave it for other people to spend.

I honestly didn''t know what you meant by an alternative AGM but now you have explained it I understand. But I believe this "alternative AGM" is a way of saying you want to hold a protest meeting without using those words. Why are you afraid to hold such a meeting, it''s what many of your members apparently want.

:o)  wrote

[quote]You get the impression that is not a straightforward question from Nutty Nigel, but trying to cause trouble.

My main point though is that it is only done should there be a widespread view that the real AGM had not addressed the issues, as obviously that is the place where the issues should be discussed.[/quote]

Bet NCISA are pleased to have you onboard  their committee Mr Maidstone as you often make an interesting contribution  and are prepared to try and come up with solutions.

It would be interesting to hear what other NCISA committee members who use this site think ( other than Tilly and Kathy who''s views we know)

Have to reiterate my view on the various Supporter groups - why on earth do they not all get together for the common good?, seems sensible to me.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to reiterate my view on the various Supporter groups - why on earth do they not all get together for the common good?, seems sensible to me.
[/quote]

Here we go then guys and girls.

Is there anybody on this messageboard from Capital Canaries

Northern Canaries

Yarmouth Yellows

West Norfolk Canaries

Midlands Canaries

Forces Canaries

The Trust

The Kitty

or whoever i may have missed who think all supporters groups should get together prior to the AGM please show yourselves or contact me on 0771 421 6616 or e-mail me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM

I will be back on this thread tomorrow with the outcome but i suspect i already know the outcome.

Well Done Tilly, I''m sure you''ll get some response but would give them until Monday teatime as some people have the weekends away from their pc''s.

Like Andy I really do think this is the way forward. [:)]

I feel a good suggestion that was mentioned earlier on in the forum, should actually be considered.

If a group of ''like-minded shareholders'' attending the ''proper'' AGM were not to sit individually and isolated around the room, but gather and cluster as a collective group......Then, the tut, tut, boo, shame, three front row fawning butt-kiss board brigade, would find it difficult to shout down those who disagree with current club mantra and policy....and an occasional "GET ON WITH IT!" When the droning deflecting Delia-ites chunter on about how lucky we are to have such a fine gathering of Directionless that will take the club "Onwards and across a bit!"

Make as much noise as the board luvvin'' brethren, and give them a taste of their own medicine.....I think the local press and media would report the conflict and general unrest with glee.....May even make the ''National Nooze'' and the ''Red Top'' Tabloids! They will either suspend the AGM or throw you all out.

Well, that''s bolloxed it, the club media will read my thread, and take action by dispersing their insurgents in the AGM - in an attempt to see the objectors off......damn!

They could hold it in London y''know?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to reiterate my view on the various Supporter groups - why on earth do they not all get together for the common good?, seems sensible to me.
[/quote]

Northern Canaries

Yarmouth Yellows

West Norfolk Canaries

Midlands Canaries

Forces Canaries

The Trust

The Kitty

or whoever i may have missed who think all supporters groups should get together prior to the AGM please show yourselves or contact me on 0771 421 6616 or e-mail me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM

I will be back on this thread tomorrow with the outcome but i suspect i already know the outcome.

[/quote]

At risk of being accused of causing trouble Tilly I would have thought the numbers involved in these various groups would hardly be representative of the fan base as a whole. I actually feel a bit sorry for you on here because the only time anyone wants to know about your group is when they want you to help get someone out. Whether that be Chase, Worthy or now Smith & Jones. It''s unfortunate because in most peoples eyes you are a protest group rather than a fans association and I know that not to be true.

I see you chose to ignore the question I asked you earlier in the thread. Just like :o) was quite happy to brand me a trouble maker but doesn''t want to answer my reply to him.

I am accused of being on the fence but in realirty I am not. I am on the fence over what happened between the board and Cullum because I don''t know the truth and nobody else seems to. The alternative to being on the fence is to make up a story to suit a particular point of view.

However I am not on the fence over protesting to get Smith & Jones out. I''m firmly off the fence and of the opinion that until such a time as they are made a serious offer by someone with the clubs best interest at heart and the finance to move the club forward, they are the only option we have.

I think the reality is that with :o)''s alternative AGM and your comments on this thread that NCISA is firmly ON the fence.

I assume the question I haven''t answered is this

Why are you afraid to hold such a meeting, it''s what many of your members apparently want.

I''m not afraid to hold a meeting, but am not sure that we have been given a remit to do that.   The chat in the pub that John proposed (and which I missed to play emergency taxi driver to my teenage daughter) was to sound out feelings at no cost to NCISA, although put John out and cost him a few cokes.

The feeling is not in my opinion, there for a protest or a protest meeting just yet.  The St Andrews meeting was clearly wanted and underwritten by individuals so as not to cost NCISA their members money.   Are you seriously saying that NCISA funds should be used without a clear mandate?

I suggested the alternative AGM only as a means of answering the "sham AGM" claims.  I''m sure there isn''t a remit to do that either so it is only one person''s thoughts.

NCISA has a role to play, but it has to be careful to act when and only when it is appropriate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ll sit with them. I promise not to tut tut or shout them down. Who else is up for it?

[/quote]

You''ll have to leave your blanket outside.....Inoffensive weapons aren''t allowed.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Northern Canaries

Yarmouth Yellows

West Norfolk Canaries

Midlands Canaries

Forces Canaries

The Trust

The Kitty

[/quote]

Yep and not a word about the Pink un Pickers on the Free Bet . Oh well I wont be coming and neither do I want to know anything about this protest you Ncisa people are trying to drum up . I will say I am more than surprised that Nutty Nigel has condescended to give nodding agreement to such a proposal but I suspect he will disintegrate when Johnny Tilitson starts to sway those hips and when Johnny  reaches a crescendo no one is safe . I think its all to do with trapped wind , but however I am afraid we will see.

I also note that Johnny has started to refer to the state of peoples testicles . Johnny have you any idea of the hurt you are causing ? the mental scars that you are placing on those that are inadequate in the testicle department ? I never thought in all my yrs of supporting Norwich City that it would come down to the size of ones gonads . I do just despair that the supporters club has come to this which must be an all time low....Heartbroken arrdee.

[quote user="cityangel"]

:o)  wrote

[quote]You get the impression that is not a straightforward question from Nutty Nigel, but trying to cause trouble.

My main point though is that it is only done should there be a widespread view that the real AGM had not addressed the issues, as obviously that is the place where the issues should be discussed.[/quote]

Bet NCISA are pleased to have you onboard  their committee Mr Maidstone as you often make an interesting contribution  and are prepared to try and come up with solutions.

It would be interesting to hear what other NCISA committee members who use this site think ( other than Tilly and Kathy who''s views we know)

[/quote]

You know my views and those of Gazza and Canary Nut (who I believe are NCISA members too) CA.

If you are a member then how about you telling us what you would like to see happen, instead of waiting for others to speak up first???  [8-)]

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Have to reiterate my view on the various Supporter groups - why on earth do they not all get together for the common good?, seems sensible to me.[/quote]

Northern Canaries

Yarmouth Yellows

West Norfolk Canaries

Midlands Canaries

Forces Canaries

The Trust

The Kitty

[/quote]

Yep and not a word about the Pink un Pickers on the Free Bet . Oh well I wont be coming and neither do I want to know anything about this protest you Ncisa people are trying to drum up . I will say I am more than surprised that Nutty Nigel has condescended to give nodding agreement to such a proposal but I suspect he will disintegrate when Johnny Tilitson starts to sway those hips and when Johnny  reaches a crescendo no one is safe . I think its all to do with trapped wind , but however I am afraid we will see.

I also note that Johnny has started to refer to the state of peoples testicles . Johnny have you any idea of the hurt you are causing ? the mental scars that you are placing on those that are inadequate in the testicle department ? I never thought in all my yrs of supporting Norwich City that it would come down to the size of ones gonads . I do just despair that the supporters club has come to this which must be an all time low....Heartbroken arrdee.

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong arrdee, I''m not in favor of any sort of protest, just think it would be better to get everyone together and do what Supporters clubs are there for, i.e look at ways we can support the club.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Northern Canaries

Yarmouth Yellows

West Norfolk Canaries

Midlands Canaries

Forces Canaries

The Trust

The Kitty

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I could just add an all time "dangle" low....[:(]....arrdee

[quote user=""]

I assume the question I haven''t answered is this

Why are you afraid to hold such a meeting, it''s what many of your members apparently want.

I''m not afraid to hold a meeting, but am not sure that we have been given a remit to do that.   The chat in the pub that John proposed (and which I missed to play emergency taxi driver to my teenage daughter) was to sound out feelings at no cost to NCISA, although put John out and cost him a few cokes.

The feeling is not in my opinion, there for a protest or a protest meeting just yet.  The St Andrews meeting was clearly wanted and underwritten by individuals so as not to cost NCISA their members money.   Are you seriously saying that NCISA funds should be used without a clear mandate?

I suggested the alternative AGM only as a means of answering the "sham AGM" claims.  I''m sure there isn''t a remit to do that either so it is only one person''s thoughts.

NCISA has a role to play, but it has to be careful to act when and only when it is appropriate.

[/quote]

Well I for one (and many others I am sure) would happily put money in tomorrow if it meant moving forwards and getting a protest up and running against this sham of a board of directors at Carrow Road.