Sign in to follow this  
Carl Moores Wallet

News about the current board

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"] Delia and Michael are really hurting at the moment, and I don''t think thats fair.[/quote]Oh dear,  and the fans aren''t hurt I guess.  Woolly thinking like the Smiths hurt more than us SUCK big time.[/quote]In a way this sums up our current predicament and the way that the club is split and damaging itself.What people need to realise is that the capital that Delia and Michael have put into the club is substantial but we are hitting another era of English football and one that requires more capital than they have got to give/lend etc.Now you can decide that you want a name or face to point blame at and lynch to feel better or you can realise that there is no one to blame.Now if you are feeling really up for it have a good look at football in this country and realise where the blame really ought to be laid. Look at what and why Platini is proposing and campaigning for in the name of the game.I for one will always respect our current majority share-holders because they got us through some very, very, very difficult times.I personally blame the English FA. I think that the current system does not work and for the future of English football needs to have a drastic overhaul. Bring in the MLS style wage cap where say all but one or two players in a team are wage capped. A player younger than 18 can not be poached from the club that they are at and are tied to a 5 year contract with that club when they turn 18. This means no more poaching and the clubs who work hard with their youngsters are at least able to dictate a fee rather than the rediculous tribunals which don''t seem to have a clue.That would just be a start. All of this money, we are told, is good for the game but it isn''t. It has blown valuations out of the water, there is no sort of scale or relation in prices anymore. James Milner for £12million - what? Robbie "Lilly" Savage for £1.5million - ouch?!!! It goes on and on. And then you find the smaller teams in lower leagues asking for £2-3million for unproven youngsters that show promiss. That is where the difficulties really lay.Keeping a club in a sound financial position is one thing - keeping them challenging in one of the top leagues in Europe is something entirely different. A report I read somewhere recently had the championship as being 3rd or 4th in the most watched league in Europe.English football deserves better than to be treated as a dirty billionaires play thing. Abramovich, Al Fayed etc have no long term interest in their clubs. So why not enforce rules that challenge the owners, the coaches and the players to do their best rather than the joke we have at the moment.Since relegation I have been dissapointed with performances on the pitch, and by the sharp reaction of a SECTION of the support who never give any credit.Whilst I agree that a change was needed when Worthington went I am not sure that it was him that was the problem. He had steered Norwich to severl consistant years inside the top ten of the championship and inside the top thirty clubs in this country - one year as the 21st club and another in the top flight where we missed out on staying by a minimal margin. Then we had an unproven manager whose attitude was right but application was not and yet he was handed a hefty war chest. Now we have a manager who is shrewed but without the warchest of which bought wimpering mules.The reality of the situation is that this section can continue to moan and boo and watch the situation go the way that they are forcing it to go or they can actually do something a little more positive and believe in the collective of players we have and urge and support them on to possitive outcomes. I strongly believe that this is the strongest squad we have had since promotion - Stefanovic and Kennedy the best two centrebacks since Fleming and Jackson. If there was a little more belief than doubt I think some of our games would be less cagey and incurage the likes of Hoolahan to shine.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]As I understand it the accountants BDO have been appointed by D&M to advise them personally. BDO also advise Celtic and Liverpool. The guy from BDO was sitting on Delia''s table last night at the match. An information sales memorandum and confidentiality agreements are being drawn up for distribution to interested parties. The whole process if successful would take until the New Year to complete which is a bit tight for the transfer window.[/quote]

Would like to know a bit more but on the face of it this sounds like a significant and positive development.  I hope the club will confirm it asap (at the AGM if not sooner).

[/quote]

Thought it worth bumping this as it seems to have got buried.  Potentially the most significant piece of news we''ve had for a long time.  If I understand aright it sounds like D&M are putting the club up for sale.  Correct me if I''m wrong.

Yes I think you are right Potless Percy.  As Cullum is king of deals if he hasnt got involved im sure he will when it matters.  Interesting that Butler confirms a confidentiality agrrement has been signed.  Would seem like common sense since there have been no comments since the ''havent heard from delia'' ones.

Re your previous point Carl Moore''s Wallet inferred they were talking to Cullum posting something along the lines of ''wouldnt be pc to say who they were talking to''

Many thanks Butler regardless of what others say I hope you share any snippets you may hear from this point forwards. 

OTBC

I have heard this morning from a very good source that Cullum was in talks with the club in the week leading up to when this post was originally started and negotiations were at an advanced stage but talks broke down sometime this week and everything was called off. I desperately hope this is not true but fear it is simply because of where it came from and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve the person who told me. The guy in question doesn''t even like football but piped up when he heard me talking about Cullum to one of his colleagues

Hopefully talks have reopened and things have moved on since then but from what I have been told it doesn''t sound likely.

God aren''t I glad I didn''t hold my breath.

Lets face it, the will be no new fresh big investment, we will have to go with what we have got, carry on struggling and hope and pray the team do enough on the pitch to stave off relegation.

Tried that and it didn''t help, we were still not winning matches, we still have a squad of too many loans and very few saleable assets, the clubs debt is still growing.  Putting a positive slant on it doesn''t mean it goes away sadly lol.

Big investment would mean clearing some debt and investing into the squad, and good things like that don''t happen to clubs like NCFC.  Well they do, but my dreams don''t count.

KDNCFC - so when did talks reportedly break down the week this post began???!- Any comment on why these talks broke down Im assuming the clubs worth?

Lets hope that talks are ongoing.  As Butler has stated deals like this take time and there clearly is/has been bad feeling at some point during negotiations.  Again we can only hope for the fans sake that common sense prevails. I cannot recall whether it was Butler or the elusive Carl Moore''s Wallet that posted something along the lines of "There is a willingness on both sides to see a deal go through"

The fact that Cullum has not gone to the press should suggest that a confidentiality agreement is firmly in place.  The fans want it to happen we can only hope.  Butler has not to my knowlege posted that any perspective deal is dead though I dont know how up to date his information is.  Would be interested to here from Mr Brownstone who inferred in a historic post that somebody gave him the nod that things were progressing.

Hard to know what to believe.  I think it was Barry that stated that Cullum has not been in any recent talks with the club.  In addition the poster that suggested Delia & michael had employed accountants to oversee a sale - any more on this.

I desperately want Cullum to take over a.s.a.p.  It is evident as Butler has stated that in the current finacial climate hard deals need to be struck.  We can only hope we get the announcement we want.  otherwise Im afraid the future looks pretty bleak for our club.

Hopefully Butler or Brownstone or any other credible posters will have updated information soon.  or better still an official press release announcing that Delia has agreed terms of sale with Cullum

The talks were apparently taking place in the week commencing 30th of September and broke down round about the middle of that week as far as I was told. It also seems that may have been the end of the matter unless attitudes have changed since that week, as I said talks were well advanced so it could well tie in with what was originally said in this post as it was around the same time.

I''m just hoping that common sense has prevailed and they have reopened negotiations.

One can only hope that if talks were well advanced that any differences can be resolved so a deal can be struck.  As Butler has stated he will update us if he heres something.  Should imagine that the Annual General Meeting will only succeed in puting us in a bad mood.  Cant see Delia/Michael telling us what we want to here but you never know.  Maybe good news closer than we think Butler seemed genuinely confident in his source.

[quote user="Carl Moore Wallet"]All is fine now and things are back on track, some people just don''t like to give an inch.[/quote]

So who are you?

The original had an "s" and more posts than 1.

Or is this another persona?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Carl Moore Wallet"]All is fine now and things are back on track, some people just don''t like to give an inch.[/quote]

So who are you?

[/quote]

No it is me minus the ''s my account had been closed for some reason best known to the Pinkun

[quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

I''m not prepared to believe this as I haven''t clue who Carl Moore(''s) Wallet is.I do,however, have faith in The Butler and note that he has not corroborated this story.Any news from your contact Butler?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

I''m not prepared to believe this as I haven''t clue who Carl Moore(''s) Wallet is.I do,however, have faith in The Butler and note that he has not corroborated this story.Any news from your contact Butler?

[/quote]

Nothing that needs changing. Why are people surprised at lengthy negotiation

How did it go  " I made an offer she pleaded her honour, and all night long it was honour and offer!"

Just remember its not just about football. friends have villas side by side, same yachts in the basin, same sports cars, but you have a football team and I don''t.

How much is a trophy worth Mr "Keep up with the Joneses"

It will happen.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did it go  " I made an offer she pleaded her honour, and all night long it was honour and offer!"

Just remember its not just about football. friends have villas side by side, same yachts in the basin, same sports cars, but you have a football team and I don''t.

It will happen.

[/quote]

Cheers Butler.Gnomic but interesting!!

Yes, thanks Butler, I have every faith in you and your contacts. I appreciate that the proposed takeover may take a long, long time. Just as long as it''s actually going to happen.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It will happen.

[/quote]

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, what I heard must have been old news thankfully.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will get my coat then......... By the way who started the thread independent of the Butler, all I was doing was passing on info to help.

[quote user="Carl Moore Wallet"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"]

So who are you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will get my coat then......... By the way who started the thread independent of the Butler, all I was doing was passing on info to help.

[/quote]

No offence intended.It''s just that I''ve had lots of debates with Butler and also know a bit about him as a "real" person as a result of publicity over donations to the youth set up a while back,whereas I know nothing of you.I do,however,appreciate your input!![:D]

Interesting wonder if Carl Moore''s Wallet was banned.  Neil Doncaster confirmed to a friend today via email that Delia has appointed professionals to oversee any potential sale.  Nothing given away re Cullum or imminent investment though so await updates from Butler

As a sidenote to my previous post.  Apparently when questioned over Cullum Doncaster''s latest remark was along the lines of "Im surprised media havent questioned him over his current intentions".  Who knows what is going on - clearly a lot of politics.  Lets hope it all comes good in the end.  As Butler has mentioned these deals take time I guess

To my certain knowledge, Mr Cullum was approached by a Sunday newspaper 10 days or so ago and given a platform if he wished to discuss his intentions as to Norwich City.  He declined to be interviewed.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]To my certain knowledge, Mr Cullum was approached by a Sunday newspaper 10 days or so ago and given a platform if he wished to discuss his intentions as to Norwich City.  He declined to be interviewed.[/quote]

There could be a good reason for that!

Precisely my point Butler particularly if a confidentiality agreement is in place.  Then again what did Doncaster mean by his remark unless he is hoping to keep negotiations under wraps also?!

Anyway Id rather here about Cullum''s plans for the club when he is in a position to put plans into place.

Much respect to delia & michael but I want Cullum on board and dont buy for one minute this ''he will sell the ground etc''.  He will do what it takes to make the football team successful