Sign in to follow this  
Carl Moores Wallet

News about the current board

[quote user="Soldier on"]To be fair I dont think CMW or Butler specified it would be exactly 2 weeks.  Think Butler may have said 3-5 weeks more likely..perhaps before AGM?[/quote]

he said "before the players com back from international break".. they are back...he was bullsh*tting.. and no amount of posting under a different name by him will convince me otherwise

jas :)

[quote user="Soldier on"]To be fair I dont think CMW or Butler specified it would be exactly 2 weeks.  Think Butler may have said 3-5 weeks more likely..perhaps before AGM?[/quote]

hahaha next he will be telling the mugs that will listen 5 to 10 weeks, then 10 to 15 weeks, then before Easter, then before the end of the season, then something will happen over the summer yawn, yawn, yawn.... if they had some evidence then the press would of had wind of it within a few hours too... they are talking utter ballacks!!!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I can''t believe some people keep falling for this crap![/quote]

Probably has something to do with people being so desperate for some developments regarding new investment that they are prepared to consider believing most things.  Just the same as during the summer when we were desperate for players.

Doomy''s accusation - that the MPs had issues with the club and were trying to discredit it by airing the match fixing allegations in public - is evidence of a bunker mentality verging on paranoia imo, and doesn''t bode well for a swift or positive outcome to takeover talks.  I wouldn''t hold your breath.

PS.  I see in today''s EDP that Doomy has gone into reverse and is presenting a united front after speaking to both MPs.  I''d like to have been a fly on the wall during those discussions!

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Good to see the flat earth society still exists

“Don’t sail out there Christopher you’ll fall of the edge”

If true let’s get the marching band and bunting ordered, it will be a very happy day indeed when the Stowmarket two disappear down the A140

[/quote]

Washington Irving''s 1828 biography of Columbus popularized the idea that Columbus had difficulty obtaining support for his plan because Europeans thought the Earth was flat In fact, the primitive maritime navigation of the time relied on the stars and the curvature of the spherical Earth. The knowledge that the Earth was spherical was widespread, and the means of calculating its diameter using an astrolabe was known to both scholars and navigators. The spherical view of the Earth had been the general opinion of Ancient Greek science, and continued as the standard view in the Middle Ages in fact the Earth had generally been believed to be spherical since the 4th century BC by most scholars and almost all navigators and Eratosthenes had measured the diameter of the Earth with good precision in the second century BC

Ah, just as I thought Zachariah - it''s all the Europeans fault! (I dont include the UK in that description)

They are still at it, creaming us for money and telling everyone that it is human activity that causes climate change!

I say Pah to them.

ps If there is a European out there who has got an awful lot of money and wants to buy ncfc. Hi, welcome and please ignore my views as you would anyhow.

All ND said on the matter was that it was rather disappointing tt the MPs did not speak to the club first which is entirely reasonable in my view.

Is it not strange that the mainly Christian peoples of Europe would ignore this;

Isa 40:22-IT IS HE THAT SITTETH UPON THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH.

[quote user="Nostradamus"]

Is it not strange that the mainly Christian peoples of Europe would ignore this;

Isa 40:22-IT IS HE THAT SITTETH UPON THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH.

[/quote]

It is strange but I would have expected you to have predicted it!

Anybody with any news.  It''s the hope that kills you.  Mr Brownstone have you been in contact with the person who knows Cullum?  Thought that was an interesting snippet of info that you posted.  How about you Butler have you met that person again or are you likely to soon?

OTBC

[quote user="T"]All ND said on the matter was that it was rather disappointing tt the MPs did not speak to the club first which is entirely reasonable in my view.[/quote]

He told the Derby chairman that the MPs had issues with the club and the Derby chairman opened his big mouth.  Whoops.

I bet they keep hoping this thread will go off page one lol [:)]

It is very quiet at the moment, but tell me when in the past year it hasn''t been from the club, unless it''s been essential for them to issue a statement.

I''m not expecting any investment, and until the club issues a statement or has a press gathering all this is hearsay and gossip AFAIC.

As much as I''d love to believe what is being stated on here, because there have been too many wind-ups, I can''t believe a word.

According to Barry Brockes on the ''''where are these investors?'''' thread, there has been no contact between the club and PC or vice versa.

Could there be another billionaire on the horizon, or is everyone being fed a load of bull on here?

[:|]

any response to the post from Barry Butler?  Was hoping to build on the feel good factor of last nights win.  Are Delia & Michael so stubborn not to talk to Cullum? Dont know what/who to believe anymore.  i dont understand why Cullum will not comment if that remains the case though

[quote user="Soldier on"]any response to the post from Barry Butler?  Was hoping to build on the feel good factor of last nights win.  Are Delia & Michael so stubborn not to talk to Cullum? Dont know what/who to believe anymore.  i dont understand why Cullum will not comment if that remains the case though[/quote]

According to Barry Brockes, after the July fiasco PC agreed with the club that he would not go to the press.  Perhaps it would be different if the press went to him . . . what about it Archant? 

[quote user="Soldier on"]any response to the post from Barry Butler?  Was hoping to build on the feel good factor of last nights win.  Are Delia & Michael so stubborn not to talk to Cullum? Dont know what/who to believe anymore.  i dont understand why Cullum will not comment if that remains the case though[/quote]

According to Barry Brockes, after the July fiasco PC agreed with the club that he would not go to the press.  Perhaps it would be different if the press went to him . . . what about it Archant, time for an update . . . even if there''s been no developments since PC''s last statement in early September that''s news in itself . . .

That doesnt correspond with the facts though.  I recall that when the Turners left Cullum again stated that he remained interested but had been sent packing 2 times and it was for the club to contact him.  He reiterated this a day or 2 later when he confirmed that Delia had not contacted him.  That must have been September time??

[quote user="Soldier on"]That doesnt correspond with the facts though.  I recall that when the Turners left Cullum again stated that he remained interested but had been sent packing 2 times and it was for the club to contact him.  He reiterated this a day or 2 later when he confirmed that Delia had not contacted him.  That must have been September time??[/quote]

Yes, I think it was about making an approach through the press.

Just have to cling on to the hope that common sense can prevail and Delia, Michael, Cullum & doncaster can consider the good of the club and its supporters.

Surely the thought of cullum on board should be exciting for everyone.  Hell we could actually call players of Lita''s ilk our own.  We would become an attractive club to join.  Without him the long terms prospects of this club look very grim to say the least

I rather suspect that the rumours about talks between PC and D&M were based on the assumption that it''s what any sane and sensible person with the club''s best interests at heart would do.  Which begs the obvious question.

For my money I''m with Barry Brockes on this.  He may not know the whole story, and he said his information was 10 days old, but there''s not a scrap of evidence that there''s been any movement in PC''s direction since the Turners departed two months ago.

You may well be right.  I think I will reserve judgement.  Icannot see why Cullum would stay quiet unless a confidentiality agreement was in place.  Unless he is waiting for the club to contact him when they run out of options.  Will await updates from Mr Brownstone & Butler to respected posters who suggest talks may be ongoing.  You have to wonder just what Archant are doing reporting wise with regard to this ongoing story

Maybe they have been stonewalled too, if there''s nothing to tell (nothing go on) then they can''t say anything.

Quite frankly even after NC''s fantastic win last night (well done lads)!  I am still want the board gone as much as most.  And whilst it''s nice to dream of a big rich investor coming in, I don''t think it''s gonna happen.

[quote user="Soldier on"]You may well be right.  I think I will reserve judgement.  Icannot see why Cullum would stay quiet unless a confidentiality agreement was in place.  Unless he is waiting for the club to contact him when they run out of options.  Will await updates from Mr Brownstone & Butler to respected posters who suggest talks may be ongoing.  You have to wonder just what Archant are doing reporting wise with regard to this ongoing story[/quote]

Sorry I haven''t responded sooner Soldier on but I also am very busy at present. In answer to your question I have had no contact with the person in question over the past week. I still believe what he told me and yes confidentiality clauses (he said) are in effect.

I can''t add any more because I know no more (or Carle More!).

If I get any further information that I am aloud to pass on I will.

I am as keen for this to happen as everyone else is, but as it''s not my money (I wish) and I''m not doing the negotiating it''s in someone elses hands.

I want to believe I really do, but I''m afraid I will have to remain a Dana Scully for now!

As I understand it the accountants BDO have been appointed by D&M to advise them personally. BDO also advise Celtic and Liverpool. The guy from BDO was sitting on Delia''s table last night at the match. An information sales memorandum and confidentiality agreements are being drawn up for distribution to interested parties. The whole process if successful would take until the New Year to complete which is a bit tight for the transfer window.

On rereading previous posts, CMW says they''re in talks but not who with.  This week Barry Brockes said they were looking for investment elsewhere of the Turner variety.  So the talks CMW is referring to could be talks with someone else, not PC.  Just a thought.

The process that CAC referred to would be a standard sales process and timeline and therefore sounds plausible. The whole problem with the original PC approach was that he was offering nothing to the shareholders. The existing shareholders investment would effectively be trapped as no one would be interested in buying a minority interest and they would lose control over the money that they had invested. Therefore anyone who understands these things would tell PC to go away and come back with a sensible offer. The standard procedure would then be to iniate a sale process. When other offers are on the table you then can go back to PC to see if he is really interested in making a sensible offer. At the moment there is no offer from PC to discuss so they is no point calling him until you have feedback from the sale process and have a basis from which to negotiate. All standard stuff.  

[quote user="Castle Acre Canary"]As I understand it the accountants BDO have been appointed by D&M to advise them personally. BDO also advise Celtic and Liverpool. The guy from BDO was sitting on Delia''s table last night at the match. An information sales memorandum and confidentiality agreements are being drawn up for distribution to interested parties. The whole process if successful would take until the New Year to complete which is a bit tight for the transfer window.[/quote]

Would like to know a bit more but on the face of it this sounds like a significant and positive development.  I hope the club will confirm it asap (at the AGM if not sooner).