Sign in to follow this  
Carl Moores Wallet

News about the current board

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

Once again I must be missing something here, are people in denial about the proposed sale? 

Over the course of the last seven days I have had meetings with two people, one of whom is close to the club, the other who is close to the proposed purchaser and both have pretty much said the same thing.  Negotiations are ongoing but the purchaser quite rightly is only willing to pay market rate and no more, after all why should he pay more? 

Perhaps there are other parties interested although I doubt it, considering the overall financial fire power of the proposed purchaser I can not realistically think that there are many other pole willing to not only acquire a majority share holding, take over bank loans and still have sufficient funds available to really push the club forward? 

There you go, I genuinely believe we are close to seeing a change in ownership having been given very good information to support this idea.  For many this has been a long time coming but we could very shortly enter an absolutely critical stage for the club, namely a new owner and the current management. 

Stability is paramount given our hopeless start to this campaign but if Roeder does not fit the bill for the new owner I really would worry about making yet another managerial change mid season; does he back him in the transfer market in January or get rid of him now or perhaps wait and see if things improve?  

There are some good mangers out of work who would I would think do very well with a proper war chest. 

Interesting but challenging times I think

[/quote]

Bury I have heard nothing but what you say makes good business sense.   I totally believe that something is going on as not only are there lots of rumours but the whole situation suggests that some acxtion is very likely.

I have no idea about the Butler or CMW but I will say this.  They are being berated for not saying more.  If someone in my team on a deal said as much as they have already then I would sack them.  Without notice or pay in lieu.  Leaking confidential business information is gross misconduct.  Now that is between them and their consciences but you cannot seriously expect anyone in the know (not even you Jas) to give full information.   They would not only be sacked but would never work in law, accountancy, banking or whatever fierld they are in.

Am I alone in thinking that Smudger is so sceptical because if a deal happens and Delia and Michael sell up, the whole purpose of his life will collapse?

[/quote]

So ceptical because it is pie in the sky talk... not one bit of evidence... just a pathetic attempt to keep us nasty rabble quiet.

We have heard it all before Cambridge... how many times have you lot cried wolf over such matters???

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Am I alone in thinking that Smudger is so sceptical because if a deal happens and Delia and Michael sell up, the wwhole purpose of his life will collapse?

[/quote]He has a life??

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

Once again I must be missing something here, are people in denial about the proposed sale? 

Over the course of the last seven days I have had meetings with two people, one of whom is close to the club, the other who is close to the proposed purchaser and both have pretty much said the same thing.  Negotiations are ongoing but the purchaser quite rightly is only willing to pay market rate and no more, after all why should he pay more? 

Perhaps there are other parties interested although I doubt it, considering the overall financial fire power of the proposed purchaser I can not realistically think that there are many other pole willing to not only acquire a majority share holding, take over bank loans and still have sufficient funds available to really push the club forward? 

There you go, I genuinely believe we are close to seeing a change in ownership having been given very good information to support this idea.  For many this has been a long time coming but we could very shortly enter an absolutely critical stage for the club, namely a new owner and the current management. 

Stability is paramount given our hopeless start to this campaign but if Roeder does not fit the bill for the new owner I really would worry about making yet another managerial change mid season; does he back him in the transfer market in January or get rid of him now or perhaps wait and see if things improve?  

There are some good mangers out of work who would I would think do very well with a proper war chest. 

[/quote]

Bury I have heard nothing but what you say makes good business sense.   I totally believe that something is going on as not only are there lots of rumours but the whole situation suggests that some acxtion is very likely.

I have no idea about the Butler or CMW but I will say this.  They are being berated for not saying more.  If someone in my team on a deal said as much as they have already then I would sack them.  Without notice or pay in lieu.  Leaking confidential business information is gross misconduct.  Now that is between them and their consciences but you cannot seriously expect anyone in the know (not even you Jas) to give full information.   They would not only be sacked but would never work in law, accountancy, banking or whatever fierld they are in.

Am I alone in thinking that Smudger is so sceptical because if a deal happens and Delia and Michael sell up, the whole purpose of his life will collapse?

[/quote]

To be fair to both people they aren’t involved directly in the  sale / purchase but do none the less deal with both parties at a high level through their respective businesses and have actually only reiterated the sort of information that was at the very start of this thread. 

Nothing specific other than who the interested party is which we all know and that discussions are ongoing which once again seems pretty much like common knowledge despite what others might think! 

Points duly taken on breaking confidences but in reality Cambridge neither people have done that other than giving a very clear “Its true” sort of response, happy days? 

Smudger, I will stand by this one, if the current incumbents are still majority shareholders by the start of 2009 I will put £20 in an NSPCC charity box, they are one of my chosen charities and I will even see if I can get a picture of the afore mentioned score being inserted into the top of the collection box, a fair deal?   

I am confident that there is now sufficient smoke around the whole point for there not to be some fire to go with it

Smith and Jones are clearly looking for new Investment, which is one reason why all true City fans are pulling together, as only a true Noddy thinks that by running down the Club you make it more attractive a proposition. They have done a very good Job at NCFC, and are to be congratulated for taking us up to the CARTEL. The reason we were relegated was not down to lack of investment that 1st season. Personally I think they have been rather too ambitious. I would of preferred to see a 5 year plan built around youth, with a young Manager from the lower leagues, but hey, what do I know? One thing I know for sure is when they do go it will be in their own time, and it will not be influenced by the vacuous ranblings of a few non-entities on a mesage board. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

Inch High I am hardly going to offer anybody a bet not because it will not happen,but because the 3 weeks is what is expected, not written in stone.

Like other posters have said selling a football club is not like selling a car, certain criteria has to be meet, certain issues need to be looked at, things crop up, which all means the 3 weeks could be 4 weeks or 5 weeks, but fear not it will be a done deal very very soon.

[/quote]

ok how about 3 months then if you prefer???

[/quote]

i''ll raise Smudgers 3 months and offer you 3 years... that way it gives you nore of an opportunity to come back and say "I told you so!!!!" when you clearly stated the obvious and waited for the day it would happen.

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So ceptical because it is pie in the sky talk... not one bit of evidence... just a pathetic attempt to keep us nasty rabble quiet.

We have heard it all before Cambridge... how many times have you lot cried wolf over such matters???

[/quote]

Do you think Delia Smith will be at the club forever Smudger? If you look at it logically she hasn''t been given any choice following the Turners departure, she can''t afford to carry on any longer unless she wants the club to go into admin. My only fear is that she finds someone just to replace the Turners rather than sell out lock, stock and barrell to Cullum or someone of his ilk

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair to both people they aren’t involved directly in the  sale / purchase but do none the less deal with both parties at a high level through their respective businesses and have actually only reiterated the sort of information that was at the very start of this thread. 

Nothing specific other than who the interested party is which we all know and that discussions are ongoing which once again seems pretty much like common knowledge despite what others might think! 

Points duly taken on breaking confidences but in reality Cambridge neither people have done that other than giving a very clear “Its true” sort of response, happy days? 

Smudger, I will stand by this one, if the current incumbents are still majority shareholders by the start of 2009 I will put £20 in an NSPCC charity box, they are one of my chosen charities and I will even see if I can get a picture of the afore mentioned score being inserted into the top of the collection box, a fair deal?   

I am confident that there is now sufficient smoke around the whole point for there not to be some fire to go with it

[/quote]

To be fair I am in no ones team or employed by anyone. I am trying to aleviate tension by passing on a small part of information that is in my possesion from contact within the club of many years association. There I will stop. Business ethics again. So you can''t sack me Bury  neither can anyone else. (by the way I have had my own businesses for over 35 years and therefore know what has been told to pass on and what not) People can denounce as a lie or believe at this stage  I could not care less[:)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

To be fair I am in no ones team or employed by anyone. I am trying to aleviate tension by passing on a small part of information that is in my possesion from contact within the club of many years association. There I will stop. Business ethics again. So you can''t sack me Bury  neither can anyone else. (by the way I have had my own businesses for over 35 years and therefore know what has been told to pass on and what not) People can denounce as a lie or believe at this stage  I could not care less[:)]

[/quote]

Sorry, have I just missed something?  That little monologue should have been aimed at somebody else, all I was doing was sharing a bit of information I have retrieved myself over the last few days.

All very odd.

I have no idea if the original porter is full of bull, however i believe accidentally or not, he is correct. For what it''s worth i''ll tell you what i know about the current Cullum situation. And that is nothing. Not a thing. Why is this relevent you ask? Because i do have a source on Cullum, and over the past few weeks he has refused to divulge any information. He has proven to be correct on several pieces of information over the summer and his sudden change to "i can''t tell you anything" (with a large smile across his face) recently, leads me to believe that talks are under way. Why the secracy from both parties this time? Presumeably because doing business in the public eye didn''t work out too well last time. As i said, this is my assumption drawn from my sources sudden tight-lippedness.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my case never.  What are you going on about?   I''m not aware of anyone claiming a sale in the past.  That was one of your great complaints that no one was going to buy.

Do you read your previous posts?   Are you rational?  Do you know who the Prime Minister is?

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Sorry, have I just missed something?  That little monologue should have been aimed at somebody else, all I was doing was sharing a bit of information I have retrieved myself over the last few days.

All very odd.

[/quote]

Sorry Bury this thread is now confusing me as well.

Boing TIME FOR BED said Zebedee

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think Delia Smith will be at the club forever Smudger? If you look at it logically she hasn''t been given any choice following the Turners departure, she can''t afford to carry on any longer unless she wants the club to go into admin. My only fear is that she finds someone just to replace the Turners rather than sell out lock, stock and barrell to Cullum or someone of his ilk

[/quote]

I am sure that she will go one day or another... these things come to us all

I can''t see it being until some real pressure is put on her to leave though.

As you state above, at the moment she will purely be looking to get somebody to come on board to fill the void left in the finances by the Turners calling in their couple of million quid over the next however many years (wasn''t it 10) that  was repayable.

They are not as close to administration  as some would like to make out and I am sure they have a good year or so to look for somebody to replace the Turners.

All of that though will be nowhere near enough to move the club forwards and if Relegation ever should happen then that would more or loess be the straw that breaks the camels back surely?

So there you have it... I see another couple of years maybe doing just enough for survival... but I am pretty sure that Delia & Co will be around for the duration of that unless they are pushed. 

Evening All,

I have recently been released on bail and have come to tell you that I was right after all. There will be a new investor announced very shortly. OK, so I got the timing of the announcement wrong but that was all out of my control.

The airport extention has been delayed by government inspectors, but the barrier across the Wash is still going ahead.

Trust me. I haven''t let you down yet.

Yellow Pecker.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure that she will go one day or another... these things come to us all

I can''t see it being until some real pressure is put on her to leave though.

As you state above, at the moment she will purely be looking to get somebody to come on board to fill the void left in the finances by the Turners calling in their couple of million quid over the next however many years (wasn''t it 10) that  was repayable.

They are not as close to administration  as some would like to make out and I am sure they have a good year or so to look for somebody to replace the Turners.

All of that though will be nowhere near enough to move the club forwards and if Relegation ever should happen then that would more or loess be the straw that breaks the camels back surely?

So there you have it... I see another couple of years maybe doing just enough for survival... but I am pretty sure that Delia & Co will be around for the duration of that unless they are pushed. 

[/quote]

Again Smudge you turn someones theory into your facts. No we don''t have it you do, your vision of evil. Let the revolution begin.

The problem is when you finally get to the palace you will probably find the enemy gone. But don''t let that stop you.Have your day if you must. Power to the people Citizen Smudge

Lets get a couple of things clear, I do work for a party that is broker within the deal. It will happen everyday its getting closer, and you have all sussed the main problem with the deal and thats worth.

Second point Smudger you worry me, you need medical help.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

All very odd.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was me that mentioned sacking not Bury but even there, your post is off target.  I was trying to support you and CMW by pointing out to the Jas''s of this world that you cannot possibly say more than you have without risking your job or the job of your sources.   If you are both making it up then there is no more to say but if you are genuine, you cannot say more anyway.    There is always a "we''re going to find out soon so why not tell us now unless you are a binner" from people like Smudger who''ve known nothing more complex than a paper round.

Others genuinely have no experience of the world of business (just as I have no experience of sailing, military life or Peruvian puberty rituals- it''s just where life takes us and nobody''s fault) and so I was trying to explain the realities of the constraints. 

Please don''t treat that as attack on you.  It was the opposite.  It wasn''t even an attack on Jas because he is playing the idiot again to wind us up!!!!   You have to love him despite yourself.

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

Lets get a couple of things clear, I do work for a party that is broker within the deal. It will happen everyday its getting closer, and you have all sussed the main problem with the deal and thats worth.

[/quote]

Now I know you are another wind up merchant.[;)]

I just hope this is all done and dusted by the time we play the scummers so we can wave fifty pound notes at them like they did us last year, what goes around comes around as they say. It would be a nice feeling to shed the cash strapped canaries tag, it has become rather boring.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

All very odd.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was me that mentioned sacking not Bury but even there, your post is off target.  I was trying to support you and CMW by pointing out to the Jas''s of this world that you cannot possibly say more than you have without risking your job or the job of your sources.   If you are both making it up then there is no more to say but if you are genuine, you cannot say more anyway.    There is always a "we''re going to find out soon so why not tell us now unless you are a binner" from people like Smudger who''ve known nothing more complex than a paper round.

Others genuinely have no experience of the world of business (just as I have no experience of sailing, military life or Peruvian puberty rituals- it''s just where life takes us and nobody''s fault) and so I was trying to explain the realities of the constraints. 

Please don''t treat that as attack on you.  It was the opposite.  It wasn''t even an attack on Jas because he is playing the idiot again to wind us up!!!!   You have to love him despite yourself.

[/quote]

Sorry Cambridge just fed up with being shot at for nothing. Last time I try and lift the mood.

Soldier if you read this tried to reply but Pinkun failure! " After initial agreement but before final, checking the vaults to make sure EVERYTHING is as stated". Hope this helps

Here..here beating Ipswich would be sweet after last year.  Having said that was proud of us at carrow last year.  By us I mean as a collective the supporters were terrific that day.  Will be great to move forwards together with ambition and a bit of cash to get us where we want to go

Oh come on ''Cambridge'' you must know something about Peruvian puberty rituals.

Who do I contact? What reference books should i be searching for?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

All very odd.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Cambridge just fed up with being shot at for nothing. Last time I try and lift the mood.

Soldier if you read this tried to reply but Pinkun failure! " After initial agreement but before final, checking the vaults to make sure EVERYTHING is as stated". Hope this helps

[/quote]

Aha - also known as due diligence?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh come on ''Cambridge'' you must know something about Peruvian puberty rituals. Who do I contact? What reference books should i be searching for?[/quote]

Actually, I was hoping you would tell me!!

For goodness sake give it a rest, if posters on here are really part of these negotiations then I will eat my proverbial hat!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]For goodness sake give it a rest, if posters on here are really part of these negotiations then I will eat my proverbial hat![/quote]

And I''ll share it.[;)]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]For goodness sake give it a rest, if posters on here are really part of these negotiations then I will eat my proverbial hat![/quote]

Salt and pepper with that?

I don''t hold out much hope of anything happening FWIW, but what if.............................

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

[/quote]

Good news Gordon worked for the club, then he worked for the BBC, then he worked in the media.. then he must of got sacked because he stopped posting here...

Will you be working for Radio Broadland next week then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

[/quote]

Good news Gordon worked for the club, then he worked for the BBC, then he worked in the media.. then he must of got sacked because he stopped posting here...

Will you be working for Radio Broadland next week then?

[/quote]

Blimey he would have to be desperate