Sign in to follow this  
Carl Moores Wallet

News about the current board

Living in Leicester I remember the hope that was stirred here when Mandaric appeared as a potential investor. Getting Milan''s millions in was going to be the miracle cure for the club and send it up the table. The irony is that they got relegated soon after. So, yes, we need to have eyes wide open as far as seeing PC as the Messiah. It ain''t necessarily going to be the case that PC will arrive and the team will miraculously shoot up the league. It will take time for the changes at board level to have discernable effects on the pitch, although it would certainly be a great filip to have PC''s millions available for the January transfer window. That aside I would probably be necessary to make changes at board level simply because, warranted or not, this present board have become identified among many fans as significantly contributing to our decline. There is a malaise about NCFC that has grown since our relegation from the Prem which only a change at board level can now cure. It is simply time for a change.

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

ask Ipswich supporters

[/quote]

what ask you?

[/quote]

Whats that supposed to mean? I may be many things, but an Ipswich supporter never!

I think some of you are missing the point in my posting, yes they understand the fans are hurting, but to say that you don''t give a s**t about two people who have put millions in to the club is very, very wrong.

[/quote]

But do you think they will walk away with nothing in the back pocket,cobblers, don''t you worrie on that score,

they will take out what they have paid in before anything else is paid,

TBH I can''t wait for them to go, Yes they saved the club all those years ago, but they hadn''t or haven''t got a clue how to run anything other than a Cafe.

When we got back into the prem they should have got rid of Worthless after the 6th defete we were going nowhere with him as it was proven, in short they failed big time   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

ask Ipswich supporters

[/quote]

what ask you?

[/quote]

Whats that supposed to mean? I may be many things, but an Ipswich supporter never!

I think some of you are missing the point in my posting, yes they understand the fans are hurting, but to say that you don''t give a s**t about two people who have put millions in to the club is very, very wrong.

[/quote]

But do you think they will walk away with nothing in the back pocket,cobblers, don''t you worrie on that score,

TBH I can''t wait for them to go, Yes they saved the club all those years ago, but they hadn''t or haven''t got a clue how to run anything other than a Cafe.

When we got back into the prem they should have got rid of Worthless after the 6th defete we were going nowhere with him as it was proven, in short they failed big time   

[/quote]

So without those two money grabbing cafe owners, and Worthless, everything would have been so so much better.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Are you lot still buying this story.[:D][/quote]

If you look on the post entitled "perhaps it''s time you lot listened to smudger" there is a guy on there called The Butler who has 300 posts claiming that negotiations are at an advanced stage for the sale of the club to a new benefactor. Put that with what this poster has said and I''d say there could be some truth in it, at the end of the day it has to happen sooner or later so this post isn''t that unbelievable. There''s no smoke without fire, especially when the smoke comes from 2 different fires.

One main with problem with Norwich City and its lack of success has its been owners.Success starts at the top. Delia''s happy for a nice football club, makin money and winning a few matches. Look at the company you all work for. Do you think your area managers and Directors and Chief Executives sit in their offices happy to make a bit of money and have a nice little company plodding along?NoFootball is now a business. Business demands success. Succesful businesses are run by successful businessman who demand success.We have the wrong owners. Its got to start from the very top and filter down from the chairman, to the manager, to the players. Like wigan, like Palace, like Birmingham etc, and pretty much every other football club in the top 2. All have driven successful businessmen at the helm who demand success. We dont, and its shackling us.Cullum or A N Other is what we need. A proper business man as an owner who will demand success from the football club. Not just be happy to plod along and win a few matches.

Sorry to spoil your day but I have been told the same thing from someone High in the club. No I wont break confidence but negotitations are in full flow and DS is beleived to be willing to accept half the latest value of her shares. (4.5 m)

We can only wait and see

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]One main with problem with Norwich City and its lack of success has its been owners.

Success starts at the top. Delia''s happy for a nice football club, makin money and winning a few matches. Look at the company you all work for. Do you think your area managers and Directors and Chief Executives sit in their offices happy to make a bit of money and have a nice little company plodding along?

No

Football is now a business. Business demands success. Succesful businesses are run by successful businessman who demand success.

We have the wrong owners. Its got to start from the very top and filter down from the chairman, to the manager, to the players. Like wigan, like Palace, like Birmingham etc, and pretty much every other football club in the top 2. All have driven successful businessmen at the helm who demand success. We dont, and its shackling us.

Cullum or A N Other is what we need. A proper business man as an owner who will demand success from the football club. Not just be happy to plod along and win a few matches.
[/quote]

So how did we win this league with the cafe owners and worthless?

Why can''t we just accept that this club needs new investment to move forward. Trouble is, if we did that all posters, supporters, board members, owners, managers, players, past managers, past players.. EVERYONE would be singing from the same hymn sheet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"][quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

ask Ipswich supporters

[/quote]

what ask you?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So without those two money grabbing cafe owners, and Worthless, everything would have been so so much better.

[/quote]Nigel Worthless?How dare you sir. In 15 yrs we have had 2 successful managers. Mike Walker and Nigel Worthington. Worthy was one game away from a successful 1st season back in the prem. And he was badly let down by his players that day, as were we (namely Francis). Yep it took us a long time to get going, but when we did we went on a great run and it was a hell of a ride and we nearly did it.Do u forget beating Man Utd and Newcastle tring to stay up? Do you forget Iwans goal at Cardiff and the 2 mins of heavenly bliss and total delirium we experienced in the playoff final after we scored? Do you forget 0-2 at portman road and then staying at the top of the league from Christmas til we won the championship? Nigel Worthington is far from worthelss you utter fool and how dare you and anyone tarnish his name.It was Worthys first job in charge of a big team and first time in the Prem. Of course he made a few mistakes, a few bad buys, but so did a hell of a lot of other post promotion managers, much more experienced managers. Of course he took us as far as he could and the time was right for both parties to move on. Thats football, it happens. It doesnt make Worthington and bad manager and should never tarnish what he achieved. He built a great team and gave us the joy of Hux for 5 glorious yrs. He gave me my favourite life moment with Iwans goal at Cardiff. He gave us 2-0 Man Utd, the Newcastle win, the Boro fightback. And for that ill always thank him.Worthy''s a NCFC legend like Hucks, like Walker, like Brown and Peters and Keelan etc...so how dare you sir...

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]

Worthy''s a NCFC legend like Hucks, like Walker, like Brown and Peters and Keelan etc...

so how dare you sir...
[/quote]

Well said.

Norwich fans should only speak well of Nigel Worthington.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]One main with problem with Norwich City and its lack of success has its been owners.

Success starts at the top. Delia''s happy for a nice football club, makin money and winning a few matches. Look at the company you all work for. Do you think your area managers and Directors and Chief Executives sit in their offices happy to make a bit of money and have a nice little company plodding along?

No

Football is now a business. Business demands success. Succesful businesses are run by successful businessman who demand success.

We have the wrong owners. Its got to start from the very top and filter down from the chairman, to the manager, to the players. Like wigan, like Palace, like Birmingham etc, and pretty much every other football club in the top 2. All have driven successful businessmen at the helm who demand success. We dont, and its shackling us.

Cullum or A N Other is what we need. A proper business man as an owner who will demand success from the football club. Not just be happy to plod along and win a few matches.
[/quote]

So how did we win this league with the cafe owners and worthless?

Why can''t we just accept that this club needs new investment to move forward. Trouble is, if we did that all posters, supporters, board members, owners, managers, players, past managers, past players.. EVERYONE would be singing from the same hymn sheet.

[/quote]

God for bid Nutty ALL on one side. Have you been drinking Sir?

Why do we have to lay blame, people were right at that time and that place,. Lets move on and support the now

Delia and Michael have done a good job for the club but are now past their sell by date and need to get out ASAP and I think they know that as well!

If the current situation doesn''t improve I fear what happened to Leicester last season could happen to us!

[quote user="bringbackterraces"]

Delia and Michael have done a good job for the club but are now past their sell by date and need to get out ASAP and I think they know that as well!

If the current situation doesn''t improve I fear what happened to Leicester last season could happen to us!

[/quote]Err... "what happened to Leicester"??? You mean bought by a rich, "driven" businessman who demands success? If PC takes over, or anyone else, I just wonder how long it will be before the whinging starts up again. Creating a successful football club is an art, not a science, and it''s entirely likely that we will be no better on the field or higher up the table even with his millions behind us.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Wighty"]I''ve always wondered that, CC. It''s all the board''s fault when we lose but it isn''t to their credit is we win. Quite inconsistent.[/quote]

The problem is that we haven''t won very often, in their 12 years at the club we have had 2 seasons where we have finished in the top six and that is nowhere near good enough. They have done plenty of good things off the pitch but have allowed the team to deteriorate to a level that has put our status at considerable risk. They should have seen the situation we now find ourselves in coming 2 or 3 years ago and tried to sell the club then but they seem to have hung on too long because they didn''t want to sell at that time, that has been detrimental to the club imo. We have all known for some time that investment was needed and even now I think they are only selling because they have been forced into it by the Turners departure.

I don''t bare them any ill will but I don''t think they deserve a heros send off when they go either.

[/quote]"They should have seen the situation we now find ourselves in coming 2 or 3 years ago". If they had the ability to read the future they should have won the lottery several times over and then money wouldn''t be a problem. Get real!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="bringbackterraces"]

[/quote]

Err... "what happened to Leicester"??? You mean bought by a rich, "driven" businessman who demands success?

If PC takes over, or anyone else, I just wonder how long it will be before the whinging starts up again. Creating a successful football club is an art, not a science, and it''s entirely likely that we will be no better on the field or higher up the table even with his millions behind us.
[/quote]

For every club that fails dismally when they suddenly come into money there''s plenty more who are a success, Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham wouldn''t be anywhere the prem if it wasn''t for their respective owners money and Chelsea wouldn''t have got anywhere near the title or the Champions league final without Abramovich''s millions. Money doesn''t guarantee success but it sure as hell helps.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="bringbackterraces"]

[/quote]

Err... "what happened to Leicester"??? You mean bought by a rich, "driven" businessman who demands success?

If PC takes over, or anyone else, I just wonder how long it will be before the whinging starts up again. Creating a successful football club is an art, not a science, and it''s entirely likely that we will be no better on the field or higher up the table even with his millions behind us.
[/quote]

For every club that fails dismally when they suddenly come into money there''s plenty more who are a success, Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham wouldn''t be anywhere the prem if it wasn''t for their respective owners money and Chelsea wouldn''t have got anywhere near the title or the Champions league final without Abramovich''s millions. Money doesn''t guarantee success but it sure as hell helps.

[/quote]

Correct IMO

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Wighty"]I''ve always wondered that, CC. It''s all the board''s fault when we lose but it isn''t to their credit is we win. Quite inconsistent.
[/quote]

The problem is that we haven''t won very often, in their 12 years at the club we have had 2 seasons where we have finished in the top six and that is nowhere near good enough. They have done plenty of good things off the pitch but have allowed the team to deteriorate to a level that has put our status at considerable risk. They should have seen the situation we now find ourselves in coming 2 or 3 years ago and tried to sell the club then but they seem to have hung on too long because they didn''t want to sell at that time, that has been detrimental to the club imo. We have all known for some time that investment was needed and even now I think they are only selling because they have been forced into it by the Turners departure.

I don''t bare them any ill will but I don''t think they deserve a heros send off when they go either.

[/quote]

"They should have seen the situation we now find ourselves in coming 2 or 3 years ago". If they had the ability to read the future they should have won the lottery several times over and then money wouldn''t be a problem. Get real!
[/quote]

I can''t read into the future but it has been obvious for some time that the boards prudence without ambition policy was destined to end in failure, every year the team has gradually got weaker and some of us have been voicing our concerns on these boards for some time. Now the chickens have come home to roost and without the outside investment that should have been sought some time ago we''re in the brown stuff.

[quote user="Wighty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"] I''m afraid ''the two'' have made too many wrong decisions and eventually they have got to go. I hope it''s very soon.[/quote]

I hope they leave with dignity and not amidst a barrage of abuse from ungrateful supporters.
[/quote]

and what do supporters have to be grateful for?

11 failed seasons in 12 and counting???

Not in the slightest Inch High... it is yet another pathetic lay off Delia & Michael (no point in protesting thread).

My money says that Delia & Michael will still be here in Feb taking the Mugs money for season ticket renewals once more.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

If you look on the post entitled "perhaps it''s time you lot listened to smudger" there is a guy on there called The Butler who has 300 posts claiming that negotiations are at an advanced stage for the sale of the club to a new benefactor. Put that with what this poster has said and I''d say there could be some truth in it, at the end of the day it has to happen sooner or later so this post isn''t that unbelievable. There''s no smoke without fire, especially when the smoke comes from 2 different fires.

[/quote]

hahaha it really is not difficult to see why Delia and Michael have made such utter mugs out of you for so long is it???

You really would believe anything wouldn''t you?

The Butler is totally pro board despite his (I''m sitting on the fence plop)... as for the guy who started this thread... club employee by any chance???

[quote user="The Butler"]

Sorry to spoil your day but I have been told the same thing from someone High in the club. No I wont break confidence but negotitations are in full flow and DS is beleived to be willing to accept half the latest value of her shares. (4.5 m)

We can only wait and see

[/quote]

In other words... please don''t do something for yourselves, please don''t think for yourselves (for once), please DO NOT PROTEST.

Butler you are a JOKE... have the balls to speak up about what you believe in, instead of hiding behind I have heard this from a reliable source... cobblers!!!

I don''t believe you for one minute... but I am more than sure that many thousands of complete and utter mugs will.

[quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"][quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="Carl Moores Wallet"]

The current board have no interest or desire to carry on with NCFC, thier love affair with the club is no more. They will sell up if current talks progress well, it is hoped by both parties that by the time players return after the international break a deal should be done.

[/quote]

If a deal is that close and you know so much, you must have a pretty good idea who they''re talking to.  Come on, let''s be ''avin yer . . .

[/quote]

Strawberry, it wouldn''t be very p.c. for me to say anything more.

[/quote]

ehm no substance to your story, because you are talking a load of plop...

Just be honest like your friend The Butler and beg for people not to protest and be nasty to poor old Delia and Michael.

You really are pathetic!!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="SAFU2007"]

[quote user="Wighty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"] I''m afraid ''the two'' have made too many wrong decisions and eventually they have got to go. I hope it''s very soon.[/quote]

I hope they leave with dignity and not amidst a barrage of abuse from ungrateful supporters.
[/quote]

Only very ignorant people would not wish Delia & Michael all the best, they have done an awful lot that we are all greatfull for, I am glad they realise now is the time to go, perhaps a little late but they will still go with their heads held high, and rightly so.

[/quote]

Why is it that those who criticise Worthy meet the reposte that "whatever his failings and mistakes he gave us the playoffs and promotion" but Delia and Michael are denied the same respect????

[/quote]

Worthy had 3 pretty successful years out of approx 5 at the club.

Delia & Michael have had a couple out of 12.

Is not difficult to see why Worthy deserves respect and they don''t is it???

I dont blame worthy, I blame the board for not getting rid of him sooner. He did o.k but he was the only manager to be partly financially backed. Crouch and hucks cost a lot of money such as wages etc, people forget that!

[quote user="depressed john"]

I dont blame worthy, I blame the board for not getting rid of him sooner. He did o.k but he was the only manager to be partly financially backed. Crouch and hucks cost a lot of money such as wages etc, people forget that!

[/quote]

Crouch and Hucks were both quality and both did a job for us....

We all know that you can find the odd bargain, but usually in life you get what you pay for don''t you???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How do you work that out Smudge [:^)]

Did you shout and scream to rid this club of Worthy too?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I did Nutty... maybe I can hold my hands up and admit I may of been wrong there.

Something needed to change though didn''t it???

Looking back, I think Worthy had reached the stage where he couldn''t take us any futher... but our board still hung on to him for too long

I think that we got the wrong target and I do not think that we have had a better manager since.

That still does not take away from the fact that all 3 managers (Worthy, Grant and Roeder) have not been supported enough by this board (and neither was Mike Walker).

There is only one common factor in all of this failure and that is those who sit at the top in the baordroom.

There failure has filtered through the club like a disease... and unless changes are made at the top and made quickly then the damage they have caused could become terminal.

I know that you love it up there on that fence though... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I did Nutty... maybe I can hold my hands up and admit I may of been wrong there.

Something needed to change though didn''t it???

Looking back, I think Worthy had reached the stage where he couldn''t take us any futher... but our board still hung on to him for too long

I think that we got the wrong target and I do not think that we have had a better manager since.

That still does not take away from the fact that all 3 managers (Worthy, Grant and Roeder) have not been supported enough by this board (and neither was Mike Walker).

There is only one common factor in all of this failure and that is those who sit at the top in the baordroom.

There failure has filtered through the club like a disease... and unless changes are made at the top and made quickly then the damage they have caused could become terminal.

I know that you love it up there on that fence though... [;)]

[/quote]

Of course I''m not always on the fence am I Smudger? The only thing I am on the fence abouit is Peter Cullum. And that''s because we don''t know the facts. What do we know about what Peter Cullum has offered? It suits people to say he has been sent away with a flea in his ear.. but has he? Did he offer 5m last year and ask for it to be repaid if we were relegated? Or is that just a rumour too? So I''m on the fence.

But I''ll tell you something, I wasn''t on the fence about Worthy. I thought his treatment from some Newspaper Columnists and some fans was an absolute disgrace. You can check back if you like. And when the same people as now were trying to discredit my views on this message board I was defending Worthy who still managed to get good players here despite the incredible financial restraints all our managers work under. When Worthy said the board had to be proactive rather than reactive I agreed with him. Worthingtons last acts in the transfer market were a testament to his ability to overcome those restraints. He went for Hulse and the board wouldn''t back him, so he went for Howard and got no joy from the board. But he didn''t give up, he didn''t go and buy a Chris Brown or Dave Strihavka, he went and persuaded Dion Dublin to come here and what a good decision that turned out to be. Not according to you lot of whingeing whining moaners on here though. And as you continually like to tell us that Huckerby and Dublin saved our arses then even last seasons escape was down to the man you liked to abuse and try to publically humiliate.

In Roeder I see a manager who, like Worthy, seems to have found a way of getting better players to the club under the restraints he has to work. There is no doubt in my mind that the players in the squad now are better than 12 months ago. Better but are they good enough? I think we have to hope so until we find out.

I think everyone connected to the club including the current majority shareholders would be happy to see someone coming in who is wealthy enough to take the club forward. But not at any price. Because once this board have been replaced everything will have changed at least once since you first uttered Worthy Out in 2005. What will you have to moan about then?