Sign in to follow this  
pickle

Fozzy = Crap

im sorry but it is true

there is no way he should be captain, he does not lead by example or hardly talk to the players for that matter.

he cannot pass, and is just utter rubish

dont get me wrong on a good day he can be outstanding

but he doesn''t have very many of those know does he.

pickle ;)

Fozzy = CrapGrow up you complete prat! I seem to remember a side that did well at the start of last season till an injury to a certain Mark Fotheringham, the side slid to a seemable impossible to recover from position in the league. This however was followed by a climb to safety with the return to the side of a certain Mark Fotheringham!I believe the saying is "be careful or you may just get what you wished for!"I remember Palace away last year when we played superb and were robbed not to come away with all 3 points, a certain Mark Fotheringham was nothing short of outstanding!Wake up mate and get behind him, the last home game I was at everybody was on Pattisons back and he has turned it around. Give the man a chance!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Fozzy = Crap

Grow up you complete prat!

I seem to remember a side that did well at the start of last season till an injury to a certain Mark Fotheringham, the side slid to a seemable impossible to recover from position in the league. This however was followed by a climb to safety with the return to the side of a certain Mark Fotheringham!

I believe the saying is "be careful or you may just get what you wished for!"

I remember Palace away last year when we played superb and were robbed not to come away with all 3 points, a certain Mark Fotheringham was nothing short of outstanding!

Wake up mate and get behind him, the last home game I was at everybody was on Pattisons back and he has turned it around. Give the man a chance!
[/quote]

would be interesting to see our record with and without Fozzy in the side

Very True Chris I would be interseted in these stats, sometimes it is players that do the un-noticed stuff that complete a team doing a lot of the dirty work!

Lets put a slightly more adult slant on this. Ok people like him and therefore don''t like the name calling. Quite rightly, I hope they can carry that through in all walks off life or even just in their opinions on this board.Question should be does he warrant his place within the starting line up and would he when all of our midfield are fit. With Clingan, the reborn Patty, Russell, Hoolahan, Bell and the new golden boy of the moment Crofty all fit is there a place for our present captain. I for what my opinion is worth think not.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Fozzy = Crap

Grow up you complete prat!

I remember Palace away last year when we played superb and were robbed not to come away with all 3 points, a certain Mark Fotheringham was nothing short of outstanding!

[/quote]

Hence the reson why Pickle said "He can be outstanding"?

I think the main problem with Fozzy is he tends to only perform when it suits him. Which isnt very often. Very much like Croft in the Palace game. Neither of the two have shown any consistency whatsoever.

Yeah he aint the best players we''ve ever seen but he''s not the worst!He''s done OK for us, always gives a hundred percent and it seems as if he''s adopted the city as his home.He''ll come through eventually, although I do think it will do him and us the world of good if he didn''t have the pressure of captaincy...

had another poor game on saturday if he could put as much into his football as his high fives with his teammates he would be a good footballer. give russell the captains armband

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

some people seem to forget the fact that he is only 23-24 so his best is yet to come. I admit he has been inconsistant but this will improve with experiance. On his day fozzy is class

[/quote]  Correct...Ridgeons league class

I would say he is not CRAP, I don''t think he is that good.

Why does he take set pieces. His record shows he does not score from free kicks - So why keep taking them?

The other midfields carry him because he does not take responsibility! Stange thing for a captain.

I''ll give him a 100% for running around alot.  

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Lets put a slightly more adult slant on this. Ok people like him and therefore don''t like the name calling. Quite rightly, I hope they can carry that through in all walks off life or even just in their opinions on this board.

Question should be does he warrant his place within the starting line up and would he when all of our midfield are fit. With Clingan, the reborn Patty, Russell, Hoolahan, Bell and the new golden boy of the moment Crofty all fit is there a place for our present captain.

I for what my opinion is worth think not.
[/quote]

agree with you HH, not one for giving individual players stick myself, but he did upset a sizeable number of people around me in C block, Barclay lower on Sat. Second half, he had a ball played into the box for him, and as he hadn''t anticipated it, didn''t get on the end of it. Cue major sulk and rant at the other player, which did not go down well at all.

Unfortunately, however much I hate slating our players...I have to agree. I say keep him, but not captain. I was reading my Norwich v Spurs programme (All yellow magazine) and in there he says that he came to Norwich just to improve and move on. So why is he here. Surely he can''t improve. You either can pass the ball or not. And, sorry Fozzy but you can''t. Russell any day of the week alongside Clingan. There you have quality. Stefanovic for captain all the way. My only worry is, the chances of Fozzy leaving us and becoming awsome is probably extremely high, just to annoy us.

OTBC!

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Another let''s criticize Fotheringham thread! Give the guy a break will you. As long as he''s giving 110% for the shirt, who are we to criticize him.[/quote]Doesn''t stop people criticizing cureton or doherty or pattison... (I don''t buy that argument either anyway)Here are the stats:

With Fozzy Games Wins Draws Losses
06-''07

Season
15 6 2 7
07-''08

Season
30 13 7 10
08-''09

Season
8 2 3 3

Without Fozzy
06-''07

Season
3 2 0 1
07-''08

Season
18 4 3 11
08-''09

Season
0 0 0 0
From a person studying statistics at uni then I''d say "Inconclusive". We can scrap the ''06-''07 season, I only took results from the time Fozzy arrived at the club and the number is too small. He''s played every game this season and so I can''t comment much on that. The ''07/''08 season is the only one I can comment on. Fozzy was injured during the time we did very badly (end of the grant era.) he returned for the coventry game (the start of "that run") and so as such we had a good record with him in the team compared to him not in the team. Infact after the coventry game he played in almost every game, so as such we can''t give a comparison between how badly we would have suffered if he wasn''t in the newly built team (rather than the grant era team). I would say that it is distinctly possible that he had a positive effect in 07/08 but does he have a positive effect now, especially considering that the quality of player around him is better.

I agree that he has been awful in recent games, but i think its just a rough patch hes going through, he''ll come back with a blinding performance soon that wins the fans over!

Hardhouse44 wrote Lets put a slightly more adult slant on this. Ok people like him and therefore don''t like the name calling. Quite rightly, I hope they can carry that through in all walks off life or even just in their opinions on this board.

Question should be does he warrant his place within the starting line up and would he when all of our midfield are fit. With Clingan, the reborn Patty, Russell, Hoolahan, Bell and the new golden boy of the moment Crofty all fit is there a place for our present captain.

I for what my opinion is worth think not.

I don''t see Fozzy as a midfielder who breaks forward and Clingan is the better holding midfielder. Russell and Clingan for me so the dilemma is that Fozzy has been made Roeder''s captain and I suspect Roeder favours him although I cannot see why. Other than that he has a good attitude, works hard - possibly tries too hard in some respects - and must be supported if picked to play.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Hardhouse44 wrote Lets put a slightly more adult slant on this. Ok people like him and therefore don''t like the name calling. Quite rightly, I hope they can carry that through in all walks off life or even just in their opinions on this board.Question should be does he warrant his place within the starting line up and would he when all of our midfield are fit. With Clingan, the reborn Patty, Russell, Hoolahan, Bell and the new golden boy of the moment Crofty all fit is there a place for our present captain. I for what my opinion is worth think not.

I don''t see Fozzy as a midfielder who breaks forward and Clingan is the better holding midfielder. Russell and Clingan for me so the dilemma is that Fozzy has been made Roeder''s captain and I suspect Roeder favours him although I cannot see why. Other than that he has a good attitude, works hard - possibly tries too hard in some respects - and must be supported if picked to play.

I think most fans think that for all players on the pitch. It''s natural for fans to become frustrated if they feel that either the player is underachieving for the level that they wish the club to aspire to or that they feel somebody within the current playing staff is able to do better. Fotheringhams commitment isn''t in question, his ability is. Some may find the two difficult to distinguish. (That may sound patronising) however we continue to have split opinions about the player. What we have to worry about more is does our manager pick players who faces fit rather than on there talent level. We have to question I feel the decision to give the captaincy to Mark and also question whether the manager will continue to pick him to justify that decision rather than Mark performances justifying that decision. Can Roeder drop his captain for the good of the team? When everybody is fit we will see. We will also see the call for it rise tenfold when viable alternatives are readily available.

[/quote]

Fotheringham is not crap, merely an average Championship player who has managed to impress Roeder enough to be made captain.  Personally I fail to see what he does on the pitch every week to justify being captain, but there again I am not the manager.  I often make a point of watching the opposition captains performance, and generally their contribution to the game is far more impressive then Fotheringham''s.

The crunch will come next summer when we see whether Roeder offers him a further extension to his contract, and if so,  keeps him as captain for the 2009/2010 season.  It is also possible that another Championship side will be so impressed by his performances as captain at Norwich, and try and entice him away in the New Year transfer window.

Im sticking by what i said earlier in the season..... GR has made a big mistake making him captain.Its now even harder for him to drop ''''alonso fotheringham'''' ( as known by people around me ) His tackling is poor, his airial ability is zero, influence is zero, just a complete and utter passenger all season.Buck up your ideas Mr Fozzy and sort this out, because in my opinion, stefan should be captain and you shouldnt be in the squad

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Another let''s criticize Fotheringham thread! Give the guy a break will you. As long as he''s giving 110% for the shirt, who are we to criticize him.[/quote]I agree lets change the subject, we cant get rid of him so lets leave it be. But i have never seen him give 110% or do you mean his version of 110% which is 50%?[:O]